Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Jeopardy Comes on Earlier than Channel Guide Shows

Contributor

Jeopardy Comes on Earlier than Channel Guide Shows

Jeopardy shows up as coming on at 6-30 PM but instead comes on at 6-28.  It's annoying as a few questions are already gone, you miss the categories, and the first commercial break comes on nearly right away if you tune in on at 6-30.  I am in Logan UT - non-X1 service.  It's the 'new' Jeopardy feed, not the day-time repeats. I told the station, but they aren't responding.  It's KJZZ Salt Lake City - owned by KUTV.

Official Employee

Re: Jeopardy Comes on Earlier than Channel Guide Shows

It’s the affiliate, there’s nothing Comcast can do to make it start any differently.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I don't want it to start at a different time and actually think this is a rather silly reply.  I want the channel guide to say when it actually starts! I have posted channel guide issues before and Comcast says it's the 'affiliate' and the Affiliate says it's comcast. Usually they've been fixed eventually - but I have never known who did it.  Maybe it's the guide?  But I still would like someone to fix it or find the responsible party and tell them.

Valued Contributor

loki-dog wrote:

I don't want it to start at a different time and actually think this is a rather silly reply.  I want the channel guide to say when it actually starts! I have posted channel guide issues before and Comcast says it's the 'affiliate' and the Affiliate says it's comcast. Usually they've been fixed eventually - but I have never known who did it.  Maybe it's the guide?  But I still would like someone to fix it or find the responsible party and tell them.

I'm guessing that the affiliate channel reports the start time as 6:30 to the channel guide company that prepares the listings for Comcast. 

Contributor

Yeah that makes sense.  Can you put in a report or contact them to let them know there is a problem?  Who is the channel guide company?  Can I contact them myself?  I've already contacted the Affiliate, with some successs, but the response was rather vague - they did not know what a channel guide was!

Contributor

1- More info - this is not just once, but started months ago and is consistantly off every day.  I did put in a message to the Affiliate then, but no responce.  Got irritated again, so this message.  Other shows will show a start or stop at a non-on-the-half-hour.  Not really sure why these shows do this (Wheel of Fortune and some other shows around this time are like this too - but I never watch them).

2- There should be a place to report these issues - not each affiliate or here, but one place where the channel guide mistakes can be reported and fixed.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation