Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Issue with NHL (BETA) channel/stream

Contributor

Issue with NHL (BETA) channel/stream

This year we ordered the NHL center ice package because we are in Detroit area and Girlfiend is from Pittsburgh (inset Sidney Crosby joke here)

In lieu of having 9 or more HD channels like Spectrum has on their system (Her old system). Comcast has only 2 HD and the rest in SD. The workaround for this was the Beta where you  pick a team and you get every game in HD and with the announcers of the team you follow. Everything is great in theory.

About a month ago on the Penguins 'channel', the sound cuts out after 10 seconds of the feed. About 50% of the time the picture would also freeze up. The other 50% it would continue silently with video, but mo audio. Multiple resetting and refreshing of the boxes did not resolve this issue. I even called custoimer service and they could only offer it that this was a "beta" and sometimes it will not work. 

I checked other teams feeds and notices that some always work, some never work at all, and other strill have the intermittant failure like we are having with the Penguins.

Is this just something we have to live with until this is no longer considered a "beta"? Or can something be done remotely so see where the issue may be.

Any thoughts and Ideas from Comcast people or fellow subscribers would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Problem Solver

Re: Issue with NHL (BETA) channel/stream

that's what I figured comcast will say the HD is only a beta and it  might not work after they gladly take your money.

same thing is happening to the NBA league pass HD BETA some channels work I just get a dark screen on others like NETS HD I miss sarah kustok

the response I've gotten from comcast is there's nothing they can do I have also reset my boxes did a system refresh nothing works I tried all my tvs same thing.

My guess is comcast won't respond since like they said it's a beta and it might not work. is my guess the answer they'll give

Contributor

I remember it being Beta last year. How many years does it take for it to no longer be "BETA"?

Official Employee

Hello All. Our Video Engineers are aware of the issue and are currently investigating the root cause of the issue. As you have already noted, this is currently our HD Beta for this service, and we apologize for any inconvenience while we work to improve this value added beta service. 

We will provide an update as soon as one becomes available. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Hello All. Our engineering team was able to identify and resolve this issue. I am checking in to see if anyone is still experiencing a problem with the channel feeds. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation