Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ION CHANNEL

Regular Visitor

ION CHANNEL

I would like to know what has happened to ION tv? I had this on my channel 15 just last night and now it is gone.  I am not happy, just like when you took away my country music and left me with MTV, VH1 and BET which I DO NOT watch at all!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: ION CHANNEL

can you please post what cable box you have and what level of service you have?  sounds like you have a basic cable package and the channels are being moved to higher tiers of service.

New Poster

My ION has disappeared too.  I called customer service tonight and they didn't know what had happened to it.

Silver Problem Solver

well do you have a basic cable package or a higher level or service?  comcast is moving channels up to higher tiers so people need to upgrade to get what they previously had.

Silver Problem Solver

ION is usually provided by a local company/station. The possibilty is that the carriage contract may be up or the station is down for maintenance. Some local companies also lose, or drop, the contract with ION to provide the channel. Try the ION website to see if they have any information.

I don't think any front line CSR will have any information on this; Comcast is not known for effective internal communications.

Usually carried on the very simplest tier Limited Basic.

Also found this link for ION stations

http://www.ionmedianetworks.com/business/stations

New Poster

I have the highest level, but no premium channels such as HBO, Showtime, etc.  I have Xfinity triple play.

New Poster

There is no reference on the ION website.  When I click on cable line up the listing goes from 56 to 58, no 57 which is the channel ION is on.

New Poster

My online channel listing still shows ION TV as channel 57, but like others it isn't there when I try to go to that channel.  I have the digital package with several premium channels, so I find it tough to believe it wouldn't remain a part of the channel line up.  It is more likely Comcast is randomly changing/taking away channels again.

New Poster

Try channel 286 for ION

New Poster

There it is.  Thank you so much.

Contributor

How dumb to move from 15 up to 286!!!  Thanks for letting me know.

Regular Contributor

Mine also (sort of) disappeared. I usually only record one show on ION  (my channel 20) - Flashpoint. The other day I noticed that FP was recorded on 286, not the usual 20. Last week, Flashpoint was on 20; this week there is no 20!

What is up with this? It totally disappeared from my lineup on the DVR and box, BUT it still appears on the Comcast  online TV listings. Is 286 a HD channel? And if so, wouldn't that recording take up more DVR space? 

Geeze, Comcast can manage to send me TV messages about endless boxing matches  football games and help wanted ads, but if they rearrange channels can't shoot us a heads up? The real problem is that thanks to the long standing and annoying "recording canceled by system" error, I also record this on my Panasonic, which has to be programmed like a VCR, so a little notice would be helpful so I could change the programming.

Any guesses on which channel will disappear next..

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation