New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to have ESPN removed from my TV package

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 7

How can I have ESPN removed from my cable TV package. I am not williny yo pay to support a <Edited for violating forum guidelines> organization like ESPN. <Edited for violating forum guidelines> <Edited for violating forum guidelines>

Thank you

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 7

You can't remove just one channel, but you can downgrade to very basic cable and lose other channels in the process.

If you'd like to complain regarding recent events, contact The Walt Disney Company and/or The Hearst Corporation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 7

BobPa7 wrote:

How can I have ESPN removed from my cable TV package. I am not williny yo pay to support a <Edited for violating forum guidelines> organization like ESPN. <Edited for violating forum guidelines> <Edited for violating forum guidelines>

Thank you

Thanks for your patience and thanks for being a Comcast customer. 

The current contract terms with ESPN (and ESPN's current stance with all video providers) are that their networks are required to be offered to a very widely distributed level of service, which those costs are then distributed along to all customers that have that channel in their level of service.

Generally, cable networks want to be available to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

The short story is that we can’t contractually remove ESPN from the level of service (package) that you have and charge you less.

However, there are other packages available in your area (Limited Basic, Digital Economy and Family Tier) that don’t include ESPN and would be available at a lower cost. I have asked that a colleague review and reach out to you to present some specific options to consider. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 7

Hi BobPa7, the information that (ComcastTeds) shared is correct. You cannot remove ESPN alone you would have to downgrade your current TV package to a package that does not contain ESPN. If you need assistance in doing this I am happy to help, please send me a private message with your full address and account number by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me". 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 7

I too am interested in removing espn.. If it isn't easy, I will get rid of comcast.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 7

In the alternative, you can always program your set top box to block ESPN (or any other channel) from appearing in your guide or being tuned into.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 7

Hello @MiguelRamires. As stated above, if you'd like to downgrade, there are other packages available in your area (Limited Basic, Digital Economy and Family Tier) that don’t include ESPN and would be available at a lower cost. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.