members

online now

discussions

Hallmark Drama Channel...?

ANSWERED
Valued Contributor

Hallmark Drama Channel...?

Dear Customer Service,

Crown Media has announced that they will be launching a 3rd network on October 1, 2017 entitled "Hallmark Drama". Will Comcast/Xfinity carry the network?

Source: http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/hallmark-drama

Accepted Solution

Re: Hallmark Drama Channel...?

Hi RadTV, I don't currently see any information about this channel being added to the lineup just yet. However we do periodically update your channel lineup with new networks, if you would like to see this new channel added to your current lineup please request it by clicking on this link.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

Hallmark Drama

Crown media has announced that they will launch a 3rd network entitled "Hallmark Drama" on Oct 1, 2017 and a streaming service entitled "Hallmark Now" Oct 3, 2017. It's unknown at this time as to whether comcast will carry the new network or not.

Source: https://parade.com/591096/rielyhaven/crown-media-to-launch-third-network/

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/currency/tca17-crown-media-launch-hallmark-drama-cable-network...

Service Expert

Re: Hallmark Drama

Note that Hallmark Movies Now is a streaming subscription service for $5.99 a month or $59.99 per year.  It's available on iOS, Android, Roku, and Amazon Fire.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

A little over a month before Hallmark launches its third network, Hallmark Drama. No word whether Comcast/XFINITY will have the channel.  Wish someone would find out.

Valued Contributor

MaryH54 wrote:

A little over a month before Hallmark launches its third network, Hallmark Drama. No word whether Comcast/XFINITY will have the channel.  Wish someone would find out.

I'm curious too because if Hallmark moves their original series to the new network then what will they still air on Hallmark itself that can also be shown on the Drama network? Still confused about that part.

Contributor

new channel

The Hallmark Channel is  annoucing the   start of a new channel on october  2,  .  Do you know if comcast will be carring the new channl?

thank you  very much

allen

Valued Contributor

Re: new channel

allen6 wrote:

The Hallmark Channel is  annoucing the   start of a new channel on october  2,  .  Do you know if comcast will be carring the new channl?

thank you  very much

allen

I made that announcement already here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Hallmark-Drama/td-p/2936821

No announcement from comcast yet.

Contributor

It would be nice if someone at 
Comcast could let us know if we will have access to the NEW Drama channel

Official Employee

Hi RadTV, I don't currently see any information about this channel being added to the lineup just yet. However we do periodically update your channel lineup with new networks, if you would like to see this new channel added to your current lineup please request it by clicking on this link.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Valued Contributor

ComcastAmir wrote:

Thank you. I have submitted a request so I will keep a lookout for the network. At this time, Crown media does not mention who will carry the new network which I find a bit odd because the launch date is about 2 weeks away.

Official Employee

RadTV wrote: Thank you. I have submitted a request so I will keep a lookout for the network. At this time, Crown media does not mention who will carry the new network which I find a bit odd because the launch date is about 2 weeks away.

I understand, and thank you for submitting your feedback to us. I am sure we will get this network on Comcast sooner than later. Please continue to check their website and back with us for more information on when this channel will become available.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Valued Contributor

allen6 wrote:

It would be nice if someone at 
Comcast could let us know if we will have access to the NEW Drama channel

I received a response from an employee who says they don't have any info just yet so we just have to wait and see. Hallmark themselves do not list any provider info yet which I find to be odd because how do you launch a new network with no provider info? Who is offering the network?

New Poster

HALLMARK DRAMA CHANNEL

Oct 1st Hallmark will be adding a Drama channel.  Will it be added to our lineup???

Valued Contributor

Re: HALLMARK DRAMA CHANNEL

EXREA wrote:

Oct 1st Hallmark will be adding a Drama channel.  Will it be added to our lineup???

I have already inquired about the network and received a response here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Hallmark-Drama-Channel/td-p/2958355

The employee says they have no info yet and hallmark has yet to announce any provider info for the network so we have to wait and see.

New Poster

Xfinity/Comcast is advertising this channel which premieres on October 1st.
Contributor

Hallmark Channel

Will Xfinity/Comcast carry the new Hallmark Drama Channel Starting October 1st?

Thank you very muchSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel

allen6 wrote:

Will Xfinity/Comcast carry the new Hallmark Drama Channel Starting October 1st?

Thank you very muchSmiley Happy

I already inquired about the channel here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Hallmark-Drama-Channel/td-p/2958355

The channel must be requested. The website is now live at hallmarkdrama.com

The channel finder has yet to provide any info so it might be a while beore the channel is added?

New Poster

Hallmark Drama Channel

What channel number is the new Hallmark Drama channel on?

New Poster

new Hallmark channel

Please, what channel is the new Hallmark Drama channel on in my area.

Regular Visitor

will comcast air the hallmark drama channel

will comcast air hallmark drama channel

Official Employee

Re: new Hallmark channel

Presently, Nothing's been announced or if Comcast (or any other company) is carrying it yet.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Re: Hallmark Drama Channel

Someone? Anyone? I want to know this too! Smiley Happy

New Poster

Me too! What channel is the new Hallmark Drama? I have about 130 channels but only watch about 6! I'd like to have a seventh! Come on xfinity!
Service Expert

At this time Comcast doesn't have an agreement with Hallmark to broadcast this new channel.  Actually, not very many companies have an agreement with Crown Media to broadcast it.  No ETA on when Comcast will add it.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

new channel

why cant I find the new hallmark channel called Hallmark Drama

New Poster

Please make sure to escalate our interest in Hallmark Drama Channel to the appropriate department.  I'm sure many more are interested in having it in the lineup especially as you already carry the first two Hallmark channels.  thanks.

New Poster

Hallmark new channel

Do you offer the new Hallmark Drama channel that started 10/01/17? It's not channel 161 

or channel 137. Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Hallmark new channel

Presently no, there have been no announcements made. I don't think any carrier has made any type of announcements.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Re: will comcast air the hallmark drama channel

The answer I got today from them is evidently not just now they will not.  I think this is too bad as the other Hallmark channels are great, but not sure it is not due to the Hallmark Channel itself.  They have been known to release its programming to only some venues or providers (PIXL channel = only DISH)  and they are very close mouthed about this channel.  If you call you are forwarded to a messaging board and cannot get to a human to talk about it.  

I think this is really not a fair thing to those who have supported and watched their programming for years and the two channels they have now on Comcast have gotten progressively worse on their programming (24 hours straight of old shows) and less and less of the wonderful movies they are known for.  

New Poster

Add me to the list, I would like to see it added..just not sure the problem is not with the Crown Media people.  They are not even taking calls or giving any info on the places it is being broadcast.  

New Poster

Does responding here count as a request for the new Hallmark Drama channel?

New Poster

New Channel

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add Hallmark Drama to the channel line-up.  Best channels offered are Hallmark Movies and Mysteries and Hallmark channel (also USA and TNT).  Excited to see that Hallmark has added another channel to their offerings - Drama.  Really Great.  Please add it to your offering!

New Poster

Hallmark Drama Channel?

Hallmark Drama Channel?  October 1st was the launch day for this new channel.  Will it be coming to Comcast

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Hallmark Drama Channel?

Nothing's been announced for any carrier yet. Contact Hallmark or Crown Media to provide feedback

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Tags (1)
New Poster

Yes, since it appears a lot of the movies will be moving over to the Drama channel.  I don't understand why they need another channel.  I would think the original Hallmark and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries should be enough.  I feel I spend A LOT OF $$$ for cable and this channel should be included at NO EXTRA CHARGE.  There are a lot of channels I do not need...I do not need the Spanish channels (although I think it is great for those channels to be offered), I do not need the 'adult' channels, I do not watch a many of the channels included in with my subscription...but Hallmark channels are the ones I enjoy the most.  Xfinity needs to step up and offer it or provide a reason why they are not going to offer it.  I am afriad When Calls the Heart and other series may be on that channel as opposed to the ones they are on now.  

New Poster

I also would love to see Hallmark Drama in the Comcast Channel lineup

New Poster

Hallmark Drama Channel

Is Hallmark Drama Channel going to be added to the XFinity channel lineup?

Service Expert

jim_fries wrote:

Is Hallmark Drama Channel going to be added to the XFinity channel lineup?

At this time Comcast doesn't have an agreement with Hallmark/Crown Media to broadcast this new channel.  Actually, not very many companies have an agreement with Crown Media to broadcast it.  No ETA on when Comcast will add it.  And Crown Media isn't announcing who will be able to broadcast this network.  You would think with all of the interest they would have reached out to companies to broadcast this new channel, but apparently they are still considering their options.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I was told today that Hallmark Drama channel is only being seen online, but yet it shows channel 185 as Drama but its showing exactly whats on regular Hallmark. So after getting off phone I got on my tablet and it will not let me download channel, in my searches I saw that it is on Spectrum so why not on Comcast?....and why add channel if your not going to show it?

Service Expert

Magg1962 wrote:

I was told today that Hallmark Drama channel is only being seen online, but yet it shows channel 185 as Drama but its showing exactly whats on regular Hallmark. So after getting off phone I got on my tablet and it will not let me download channel, in my searches I saw that it is on Spectrum so why not on Comcast?....and why add channel if your not going to show it?

Spectrum does not have Hallmark Drama at this time.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

New Poster

Crown Media Hallmark Drama Channel

When will Comcast add the Hallmark Drama Channel, also I know that Hallmark now is on Roku but according to adding it to my Roku list of channels, Comcast/Xfinity is not listed as one of the carriers that I can log into Hallmark now and watch it, when will you add this as well.  Love the Hallmark Channels so Please add these.  Longtime customer.

Cable Expert

Re: Crown Media Hallmark Drama Channel

There is an official reply here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Hallmark-Drama-Channel/td-p/2975070

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

New channels

Will Comcast be carrying the new Hallmark Drama Channel, and if so, when?

Service Expert

Re: New channels

tvviewer43 wrote:

Will Comcast be carrying the new Hallmark Drama Channel, and if so, when?

At this time Comcast has no agreement with Crown Media to carry HDC.  As a matter of fact, few cable providers have a carriage agreement.  Crown Media isn't sure what they really want to do with this channel.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Re: Hallmark Channel

Hello allen6, the information that (RadTV) shared is correct. You can also request this channel to be added to your current channel lineup by clicking on this link

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

hallmark drama

when will i get hallmark drama

Cable Expert

Re: hallmark drama

See: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Hallmark-Drama-Channel/m-p/2975070#M87313

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Admin1

Hi 040 and plpalmer1 -- Thank you for your interest in this channel. Hallmark has said that they have not made plans, or at least have not announced them, to have this channel available for live TV viewing. That said, I have made a channel request for each of you for this channel. Channel requests do not guarantee the channel will be added but it does help us gauge interest and helps us with negotiations should Hallmark want to make this channel available for live TV. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Valued Contributor

ComcastZach wrote:

Hi 040 and plpalmer1 -- Thank you for your interest in this channel. Hallmark has said that they have not made plans, or at least have not announced them, to have this channel available for live TV viewing. That said, I have made a channel request for each of you for this channel. Channel requests do not guarantee the channel will be added but it does help us gauge interest and helps us with negotiations should Hallmark want to make this channel available for live TV. 

Zach,

They do plan to make Hallmark Drama live TV because ttheir website here : hallmarkdrama.com provides a channel locator however the channel locator has yet to be updated with channel numbers. It was announced in the news articles that they plan to make it a linear channel. The channel locator provides a submission form to let them know who might be interested in the network however the submission form itself does not appear to have a secure connection so it may not be safe to use?