Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fuel TV and the UFC?

New Poster

Re: FUELTV

As of right now (Feb. 2 2012), I have no access to Fuel TV (along with several other channels On Demand or otherwise) in my area of Las Cruces NM 88011.

It is frustrating. They're trying to fix it but it is what it is. Like everyone else, I feel like I'm being ripped off already and can't get what I want to see... 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Fuel TV and the UFC?

Comcast are you hearing us??? We want Fuel TV!!!  We will go to the cheaper dish options to get it. We are warning you.  Dont' ignore us.  This is a very real movement!!

Frequent Visitor

I don't think that Comcast knows that they are about to lose several hundred thousand customers, because of Fuel TV.

But then again when you can buy a worthless network called MSNBC for $14 Billion, then losing a couple of hundred thousand customers is nothing.

Frequent Visitor

Support facebook page

Demand Fuel Tv On Comcast

Contributor

Next week is UFC on fuel and I still cannot believe we do not have an update on this situation from Comcast. I called comcast again, and after being transfered several times, I spoke to a rep who did not have an idea about this situation. In fact, I informed her that there was a page on the comcast site that had the listing of the upcoming contracts and Fuel TV was one of them. But I got nowhere.  

New Poster

Went to bar last night that had on fuel. I was awsome, got to watch then end of a ppv then an hour of pride fighting and then back to more ufc.

We need fuel now!

Theres some sweet deals for Sat service, so I'm gonna switch at the end of the month if i dont hear anything.

Regular Visitor

Got a UFC LIVE event coming up on the 15th I'd like to see.  Any plans to get FUELTV added to my station lineup within the next week?  Yeah, right, I didn't think so.  

Contributor

UFC on Fuel TV 2:

UFC on FUEL TV 2 main card set with four bouts - http://bit.ly/wetYUE
Frequent Visitor

Good news: After countless appeals to Comcast asking for Fuel TV, I'm FINALLY getting this channel.

Bad news: I've had to leave Comcast for DIRECTV to get it. The installer comes next Tuesday - just in time for UFC on Fuel TV: Sanchez vs. Ellenberger  on February 15th.

Oh well... Can't say I didn't try.

Contributor

Congrats! I am stuck with Comcast. Smiley Sad I had Direct TV ordered and when the installer came to our apartment he realized we weren't facing the right direction.. I am glad to see people jumping ship though. Enjoy!
Frequent Visitor

To: Fwagner9

Sorry dude... I feel your pain.

Hopefully enough people like me will leave so Comcast will have to add Fuel TV to stop the bleeding.

Frequent Visitor

I am willing to wait a while and have said so. But I will be gone before year's end. And with it goes a good $200 a month worth of service. 

Frequent Visitor

FUEL TV offers free preview week, UFC on FUEL TV 1 included

Still haven't made the commitment to adding FUEL TV to your cable lineup but looking for a way to watch next week's UFC on FUEL TV 1 event?
Don't worry, the new broadcast partner of the UFC has you covered.
FUEL TV officials recently announced that they are offering a free-preview week from Feb. 13 to Feb. 19, which means even non-subscribers can tune in to watch the Feb. 15 event.
FUEL TV officials today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that multiple cable carriers – including AT&T U-Verse, Charter, Comcast, Cox and Suddenlink – will offer the preview.
Interested viewers can visit fuel.tv/getfueltv beginning Feb. 13 to find out if their service provider is participating in the preview.
The UFC recently moved much of its live-event programming from Spike TV to FX and FUEL TV thanks to its seven-year deal with FOX. Although currently cable TV's lowest-rated cable station (in which ratings information is available), FUEL TV has increased from approximately 30 million homes to 36 million in the past few months due in large part to the new UFC programming, which has set ratings records for the sports-oriented station.
"UFC on FUEL TV 1: Ellenberger vs. Sanchez" takes place Wednesday, Feb. 15, at Omaha Civic Auditorium in Omaha, Neb. The main event sees fast-rising welterweight Jake Ellenberger take on perennial contender Diego Sanchez.
The full UFC on FUEL TV 1 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (FUEL TV)
  • Jake Ellenberger vs. Diego Sanchez
  • Dave Herman vs. Stefan Struve
  • Ronny Markes vs. Aaron Simpson
  • Philip De Fries vs. Stipe Miocic
  • T.J. Dillashaw vs. Walel Watson

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

• John Albert vs. Ivan Menjivar
  • Jonathan Brookins vs. Vagner Rocha
  • Sean Loeffler vs. Buddy Roberts
  • Anton Kuivanen vs. Justin Salas
  • Bernardo Magalhaes vs. Tim Means

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27359/fuel-tv-offers-free-preview-week-ufc-on-fuel-tv-1-included.mma

Regular Visitor

I'm gertting FUELTV too via Direct TV.  They will be at my home in a few minutes to set me up.  Hope Comcast misses my regular $175 payments.  

Contributor

Thanks Poulbrix. That's great news, but I wonder what channel this will be on through Comcast lineup? FX? Some other FOX station? For some reason, I just have my doubts about this. Fingers crossed and hopefully this preview garners a lot of viewers.
New Poster

Fuel tv

Comcast why do you not have fuel tv, how am I going to watch UFC. I certainly pay enough. Also start supporting apps of channels I already pay for. How are you the most expensive and least friendly
Regular Contributor

Re: Fuel tv

Comcast use to lead all other cable TV providers... Now Comcast is behind all other providers in improving services. Every other provider customer gets the lastet and newest services while Comcast customers have to beg with forms.

It's ridiculous that this mega company Comcast lets other providers gain an edge in services. Comcast should have this network FUEL TV & HDNet on it's lineup!

It's ridiculous that Comcast isn't leading ALL other providers in providing the latest and newest features & services. UFC and MMA is the fast growing sport in the world. Not providing the two networks that cover that for all paying customers is ridiculous!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks to poulbrix for the news.  I still doubt that's going to happen.  I had Direct TV out to my apartment early this week and......no good, can't get signal through the trees, DAM!!!  Uverse not available in my area. On to option #3, I ordered a Slingbox that I'm going to connect to 1 of my friends Uverse DVR's, giving me full control over the DVR from my laptop from anywhere.  Plug the laptop to the TV and bam, just like watching facebook fights.  Better than nothing.  Keep up the good work everybody.  They will hear us, sooner or later.

Support face book page "Demand Fuel TV on Comcast"

Frequent Visitor

Re: Fuel tv

Unfortunately we are all pounding sand here. Comcast employees don't come to this forum to help their customers. They don't care about our situation. PERIOD. They will make money even if a few of us leave to other cable providers. 

I am also stuck with Comcast until July, when my Tivo contract runs out. Then it's on to DirectTV. I am done paying $200 a month cable bills and getting lousy service.

New Poster

Re: Fuel TV

Same here

Frequent Visitor

One word-"Slingbox"!  If you have a good friend or family member that gets FuelTv, get a Slingbox. Do the research, it works. Just hooked up mine. Ready for Sanchez Ellenberger!

Frequent Visitor

Is there any irony in the fact that I will stream FUEL TV through a certain un-named website come Wednesday night, obtaining a channel that comcast doesn't carry, doing so by using comcast internet? You have forced me to do this comcast! Thanks for nothing!

Frequent Visitor

Willy,

The irony here is that they know who you are and can now flag your account for having posted this and perhaps suspend your service for illegal activity...

But that would, of course, assume that they actually READ THIS FORUM... Heh!  So I bet you're in the clear Smiley Happy

I just wish they'd get their head out of their behind and get us the channel rather than putting us through all of this nonsense and perhaps losing customers who are otherwise generally happy with their service.

On the other hand, this was quite a stunt pulled by Dana White ...  If there's any single entity to blame for this nonsense, it is the UFC.  Surely they did their market research and understood just how abysmal fuel TV market penetration was.  Furthermore, they would have known that it would take far longer than was announced to negotiate deals that included fuel TV on many carriers.  Lastly, it's insane to think that everyone can just switch to satellite.  Large parts of the core demographic of UFC content probably more often than not does not even own their own home and therefore may have barriers to using satellite such as apartment, trailer park, or condo rules regarding installation of satellite dishes.

Way to go UFC.

Regular Visitor

I WANT FUEL TV... plese dont tease us with contract renewal listings on your site unless its serious

Problem Solver

Thank you for your communication around Fuel TV and the UFC. At Comcast we are always looking to add new programming and content to provide our customers with the best viewing experience and are continually evaluating the networks and programming that will provide the best entertainment anywhere.

I will share your feedback and thank you again for taking time out of your day to reach out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Wow, Comcast Larry. Can you say "carrot on a stick" ???

There is absolutely nothing in your answer that gives us hope when we will get Fuel TV.

Will we get it in 1 month or 1 year ???

Contributor

LOL! What a load of generic tripe that response was "Comcast Larry". I'm glad you continually strive to provide us with the best entertainment anywhere. Why don't you provide some real, honest customer support and give us something tangible instead of the typical smoke and mirrors bs Comcast always gives their customers?
Frequent Visitor

Free preview of FuelTV this week.  It list comcast as one of the providers, but it doesnt work for me.  Try it out, and let us know:

http://www.fuel.tv/getfueltv/

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27359/fuel-tv-offers-free-preview-week-ufc-on-fuel-tv-1-included.mma

Frequent Visitor

The irony here is that they know who you are and can now flag your account for having posted this and perhaps suspend your service for illegal activity...

-randallman

I don't really see any irony in that, or perhaps I don't know the definition of irony. If I were to get flagged and anything would happen to my service, that flag might as well have a huge DIRECTV, DISH NETWORK or AT&T UVerse stamp on it...because that is where I would be heading that day...and all three happen to carry FUEL TV & HDNet...geez it might even be a blessing in disguise. Later randallman.

Note: Nice Copy/Paste job by Larry The Cable Guy above. Thanks for the research Larry.

Frequent Visitor

So the Fuel TV preview is supposed to be on...... And I can't find the freakin channel anywhere !!! But I do have it On Demand, What the heck? C'mon comcast Nashville!!!
Regular Contributor

Don't feel like you are alone UFC fans. Look at the amount of pressure us soccer fans had to put on Comcast just to get them to add Fox Soccer HD in limited markets so far. Trust me I know what all of you are going through right now.

Regular Visitor

I just got off the phone with comcast, the guy i talk to has no idea what the fuel channel is. He has never heard of it. I'm in vancouver wa.

Contributor

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

Frequent Visitor

After today Operation Dumbo Drop will proceed ! This means , no fuel-no Comcast
Frequent Visitor

screw comcast... finally time to try AT&T uverse.. no more $200 a month to comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Folks can email the office of Rick Germano ( ecare@comcast.com ) and express their concerns about this. I think it is likely more effective than making a call. As I understand it, Rick is head of customer care and emails are recorded by subject.

Fuel TV also has a page that allows you to request Fuel:  http://www.fuel.tv/getfueltv . Enter your zip and it will let you know if your provider is participating in the preview week. If not, it has a form that you can fill out to request Fuel TV.

I would suggest that everyone do both. 

New Poster

Fuel TV - not even FREE PREVIEW in MA???

So apparently a lot of cable companies and markets don't offer Fuel TV... yet.  But to not even offer the free preview, Comcast?  That's just poor.

Fox bought UFC - UFC is watched way way way more here in the states than Soccer or any of those other stupid sports channels you offer, how are you dropping the ball on this?

WE WANT FUEL TV - for nothing else than some MMA fights.  And guess what?  You can make money off this, weird!  RCN is offering it, the major satellite companies are offering it, why would you not step up to the "competition"?

Frequent Visitor

I looked on http://www.fuel.tv/getfueltv/ & clicked on what Providers offer FUEL TV & COMCAST is deffinetly one of them. Then I found out that FOX owns FX & FUEL & FUEL TV had inked a deal with COMCAST to provide FUEL TV to there users back in 2008.  So I call Xfinity/Comcast & told them all of these facts & they said that they don't show it anywhere in there system as a Chanel or "On Demand" then got transferred to technical support & they said they too don't show that specific "FUEL TV" as a channel or an on demand option anywhere in there system & that they have no idea. So I asked if they had anyone who takes care of turning on or switching off channels that COMCAST is already offering FUEL TV in multiple areas around the U.S. Ya she then hung up on me. & Litterally 10min after being hung up on & transferred twice I was just scrolling through the "On Demand" & found under "Sports & Fitness" that "FUEL TV" is in there system & that I wated over 37minutes to be lied to twice that it does show up in there system & that it is an existing channel. So I called back again, this time I got a fluent English speaking guy who was 10 times worst in his customer service constantly interrupting & yelling saying "PROVE THIS SITE THAT SAYS COMCAST IS A PROVIDER", & so I did & then he switched his anger saying "COMCAST DOESN'T OFFER NOR SHOW IT ANYWHERE IN OUR SYSTEM AS A CHANNEL OR ON DEMAND OR ANY THING", so I proved him wrong once again & he put me on hold with out saying any thing for 15min & came back saying he is going to transfer me to a supervisor & after another 10min a supervisor said the same stuff the last 3 COMCAST CUSTOMER CARE people where trying to feed me which were all lies cuz I then proved one after thee other every excuse she had, then proved also it is offered on demand that it is a real channel provided by Comcast & guided her to where she then saw where it says "FUEL TV" on demand physically on my tv exactly what I'm looking at & she couldn't understand that I was actually looking at it,  then walked the Supervisor to were it said FUEL TV then once again they tried to change there story's quickly all flustered that I shot down each lie & then said ya it looks like the East Coast & many areas through Comcast get FUEL TV but not were I live in San Francisco now from Hawaii were we get that channel. She then put in a channel request throught there marketing supposedly in my behalf which is a slap in the face after providing so many facts & shot down all there lies from 2 customer care people, 2 Technical support helpers, & 1 superior all gave me the run around, lied multiple times, & are litterally ignorant when it comes to there own systems & Facts when it comes to there knowledge of there own jobs. Its sad, & frustrating being treated like that 4 times in a row when just providing the facts, they get mad when you bring rationalization & logic & fact into the conversation they get angry & hang up or treat you like anus excrement.  Thee single worste customer Expierience ever in my life & I've had to deal multiple times with Microsoft regarding the Xbox360, ya Comcast has just taken 1st place for making me wait over an hour total to get lied to by 4 people then proving to them multiple times that Comcast actually offers it in a bunch of areas & even tho they said all 4 times FUEL TV is no where in there system I then proved to them that it was & where it could be located, then one by one each of there story's always switch & more BULL ensuthes.  I can't believe how incompetent each customer care & technical support & superiors are & beside my self in horror how these dummies conduct business & actually treat there highes paying customers as I have the full complete package deal including buying 2 PPV UFC's every month, this is the idiocrocy guarenteed hundreds of thousands of kind rational logical humans go through in dealing with this company.  Pathetic. They could litterally flick a switch allowing all customers to now have access to what the rest of the world on there service already have instantly if they really wanted. There deal back in 2008 is legit, & Comcast customers on the east coast & many other areas alread have access for over a year now, one switch yet they don't when millions of other Comcast users get it. I wish ANONOMYS could force Comcast/Xfinity to switch it on in our regions & I would still pay for it but what's an option for other customers doesn't go for the rest. Something needs to be don't ASAP & put this to the front of the things to get done cuz this is ridiculous & nobody should have to go through this much bull for something they already offer to others. I NEED MY UFC on FUEL & or on any other channel the UFC is on, PERIOD!! Watch an admin reply some fake auto reply that gives ABSOLUTLY no real information or any deffinetly due date to expect thee greatest action sports channel in History in modern day planet earth. 
New Poster

This is one of the most frustrating topics for me.  I haven't missed a UFC event in years.  Tonight I will miss my first event because I am a comcast customer. Comcast has been telling me they are in the process of getting Fuel TV since November when I first found out about UFC on Fuel.  I still don't have it.  I see it "on demand" but nowhere else.  Is there anyone out there from comcast that can help us?  Does anyone know of any other way to watch it?  The computer?  This sucks.

New Poster

Forgot to mention I'm also in the SF area in Marin County.  They submitted a channel request for me in November.  I still don't have Fuel.  I've called 5+ times and it doesn't do any good.  I doubt anyone reads this forum either.

New Poster

Re: UFC on FUEL TV & COMCAST Lies!

Right on brother, Comcast's "customer service" is a joke. No PPV buys from this household until Comcast gets thier act together and offers Fuel TV.

New Poster

They suck so bad that they changed their name to Xfinity! I got that from one of the service guys in my area. They ary the worst!

New Poster

comcast have fuel tv

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Fuel TV - not even FREE PREVIEW in MA???

It's all about $$$ and demand. You need to get more people in your area to ask for it.

By me, there is a limited selection available OnDemand.

Contributor

yeah, we can watch Fuel TV On Demand and see a bunch of past fights and how cool Fuel TV is.. I don't know what everyone is so upset about??? :/ good job.
New Poster

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

CTBlo wrote:

Fight day and no Fuel TV 

I HATE U COMCAST!!!

New Poster

NO FUEL TV BOOO COMCAST!!!!

I SHOULD BE WATCHING UFC RIGHT NOW!!!!

Regular Visitor

Whats the news on fueltv...here it is 2012, 5 months after your post and NOTHING!!  I have been a comcast customer for 15 yrs. and U-verse is looking real good right about now.  Throw us a bone!

Frequent Visitor

It keeps saying call 1-877-4-Fuel-TV

I guess if we can get a couple million to call over and over. Maybe they will listen?

New Poster

Comcast DOES have fueltv in Breckenridge Colorado. It is channel 409 on Comcast Digital Cable, so..... comcast does already pay for the channel in some markets, but not all markets.