New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Fox Sports 2

ANSWERED
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports 2

Me-ManassasVA wrote:

Thanks Ted.  FS2 did not and does not show up as part of search at tv.xfinity.com/search/ when I enter FS2, Fox Sports or even just Fox.  

Got it - apologies, Checking on that now. Are you able to see Fox Sports 2 on TV?  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

So, folk at Comcast. Teds and all, youv'e kind of gilded the lilly a bit with your announcemnts of FS2.  Why list Washington (St) Vancouver area, when they are part of the Portland OR market.  Were they not next to Portland, they would be like the rest of us, WITHOUT.  "Further locations announced soon"......as soon as "Comming soon to your line up, Fox Sports 2"?  We all know how that worked out.  On top of this, I find out that Comcast has been illegally charging me for "Service protection", which, when I signed up, I distinctly remember saying no thanks.  Thankfully, our State Attorney General, Bob Ferguson, is working on that on our behalf.  What is the holdup?

Frequent Visitor

I do see FS2 at the two channel positions you indicated on the TV tuner.  I have not delved into the broadcast format/resolution being delivered yet.

New Poster

Re: FS2

I have fs2 on guide channel 177 or 843 HD but it won't come on when I choose it. Just tried to load. Waited forever for fs2 on Comcast Xfinity. Comcast c'mon spend 300 amonth think u could make channel work .
New Poster

Re: Fox 2 still not in CC lineup

Turn on fs2 Comcast! Dedicated UFC watcher. And Nascar .dragcar and xgames we need fs2 please.
New Poster

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

I have triple play x1 platform . Included all movie channels all sports network s fs1 is fine but no fs2 even though guide shows it and lists program s????
Regular Contributor

What about Comcast of Garden State NJ for FS2???
Problem Solver

I saw where in Massachusetts, they received Fox Sports 2 in HD in the Boston area.

Are there any plans to launch the HD feed in additional markets at this time? It appears other areas that just got the channel only got it in SD, and that the HD feed wasn't added in the areas that already had the channel.

Considering the groundswell of discussion that has occurred about this channel for years, I would think many customers would be very happy to finally have this in HD.

Official Employee

Derekmc wrote:
I have triple play x1 platform . Included all movie channels all sports network s fs1 is fine but no fs2 even though guide shows it and lists program s????

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

I am seeing that Fox Sports 2 is available in your area on channel 177 and in HD on channel 843 as part of the Digital Preferred level of service (it should be available to you).

Are you still having this issue? Are you seeing a black screen, blue screen, or an error message or were you not able to tune to this channel at all (does the box skip over that channel)? Is this happening on all your cable boxes or just one? Which one(s)? 

Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I hear that Fox Sports 2 is coming to the Seattle area this month.  Do you have any information on this?

Frequent Visitor

Where is FS2 on Comcast/Xfinity in the San Francisco Bay Area?? You guys promised 

Tired to wait any longer, thinking now to switch to Direct TV

Regular Visitor

I give up on this forum and Comcast.  No FS2 and the NASCAR season is starting.  Just a lot of hot air, no results!!!!! 

New Poster

Very surprised, Comcast the largest Cable MSO, doesn't have a National Fox sports channel on their lineup. AT&T and their Cable competitior Time Warner/Charter does!! Watched it for years and I move get Comcast and lose it?

Its not a technical issue its money they make a deal with programmers to carry their channels for a certain price per subscriber. Obviously Comcast wanted to pay less and chose to drop FS2 in return.

Now if Comcast has added it to the lineup where and when, please list the systems and channels please? How about Lake Wales, FL?

People have this thread running for years but more people need to call customer service and tell them your going to disconnect. Tell them why no FS2 and see what they do. They will not add it but many of these calls will have the only chance of it getting added. Otherwise all the posts here will not do a thing. Upper management must belive or know they are and will lose subs. Cable and Satellite is very concerned with losing subs, especially these days. I will check when I move and if Comcast doesn't have FS2, I'll get AT&T.

Official Employee

wrote:

Very surprised, Comcast the largest Cable MSO, doesn't have a National Fox sports channel on their lineup. AT&T and their Cable competitior Time Warner/Charter does!! Watched it for years and I move get Comcast and lose it?

Its not a technical issue its money they make a deal with programmers to carry their channels for a certain price per subscriber. Obviously Comcast wanted to pay less and chose to drop FS2 in return.

Now if Comcast has added it to the lineup where and when, please list the systems and channels please? How about Lake Wales, FL?

People have this thread running for years but more people need to call customer service and tell them your going to disconnect. Tell them why no FS2 and see what they do. They will not add it but many of these calls will have the only chance of it getting added. Otherwise all the posts here will not do a thing. Upper management must belive or know they are and will lose subs. Cable and Satellite is very concerned with losing subs, especially these days. I will check when I move and if Comcast doesn't have FS2, I'll get AT&T.

Comcast recently added Fox Sports 2 (December 2017) to most all of the channel lineups in the states/areas listed below:

Alabama (Huntsville/Tuscaloosa/Gadsden)
Colorado
Delaware (southern two counties)
District of Columbia
Florida (Keys area)
Georgia (Atlanta area)
Indiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts (Boston area)
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
New Hampshire
New Mexico
Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee (Chattanooga area)
Virginia
Washington (Vancouver area)

In most areas where the channel has been added, affected customers have been notified of the specific channel number and level of service via messages on their monthly statements.

In most areas, this channel is not expected to be offered in HD at this time.

Fox Sports 2 is not currently scheduled to be added to Lake Wales, FL area at this time. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I live in PG County, MD and was told we would get FS2; however, we don’t have it.  It is not in the channel lineup on the bill although it is listed in the TV guide.  The NASCAR season will soon start and I am extremely unhappy about the situation.  When can we expect this promised channel???

Official Employee

wrote:

I live in PG County, MD and was told we would get FS2; however, we don’t have it.  It is not in the channel lineup on the bill although it is listed in the TV guide.  The NASCAR season will soon start and I am extremely unhappy about the situation.  When can we expect this promised channel???

The issue for you is that FS2 is in Digital Preferred tier, you would need to upgrade your package and equipment to receive FS2 Ch737

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

wrote:

I hear that Fox Sports 2 is coming to the Seattle area this month.  Do you have any information on this?

Apologies. I checked directly with our team that handles programming and channels for this area and unfortunately, we don't have any current plans to add Fox Sports 2 in Seattle in the near term.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

@ wrote:

wrote:

Apologies. I checked directly with our team that handles programming and channels for this area and unfortunately, we don't have any current plans to add Fox Sports 2 in Seattle in the near term.

WHY NOT?

Official Employee

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

WHY NOT?

Apologies. I think you know the answer (generally costs per subscriber per month are usually the main driver around these conversations with programmers and the concern we have around passing those incremental costs along to our customers), but I will re-post the below for others: 

Just wanted to recap, consolidate and summarize the current situation with Fox Sports 2 that some may find helpful.

Below is not new information and most all has been posted previously in earlier posts. 

I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any additional locations at this time. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in many markets based on existing and new contracts. Additional areas may be announced later. 

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2. The conversations are ongoing. 

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along  collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

As you have seen, we have added Fox Sports 2 to quite a number of areas at the end of 2017. 

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service. 

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site:  http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for).  This is no different than most other businesses.  

I hope that the above helps to explain some of the ”whys”.

Unfortunately, it is not always as easy as saying, “hey, some of our customers want this this, lets put it on and pay whatever the costs are and pass those costs along to all of our customers”.  If and when we have additional news to announce, we will certainly do so here and in other places.

Thanks for your continued patience.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Recently FS2 (Fox Sports 2) was added in Denver/Boulder in Colorado TV lineup on Channel 409.

This unfortunately is offered ONLY in regular (lousy and poor) resolution and is NOT offered in HD.

Please help and let us know when (if) will the HD channel be offered?

Thank you.

New Poster

I see that FS2 is now available in New Hampshire, I see that it is channel 923, any reason why I don't have access to it when I have the sports package?

Thanks.

Official Employee

@kpreston21 wrote:

I see that FS2 is now available in New Hampshire, I see that it is channel 923, any reason why I don't have access to it when I have the sports package?

Thanks.

Fox Sports 2 is available in your area as a part of the Digital Preferred package. Your current level of service is listed as Digital Starter. 

Unfortunately, Fox Sports 2 is not included as part of the Sports and Entertainment package in any area (and likely not from any video provider that way).   

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Why doesn't Xfinity in Tucson, AZ have Foxsports 2???  We pay a lot of $$ for cable, but this is missing?

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Any plans to extend FS2 to the Savannah, GA area?
New Poster

Why is FS2 available only in the Chattanooga area in Tennessee? I live an hour away and can’t get access? Seems kinda silly...
Contributor

Re: Fox Sports 2 additions on 12/19

I have just for Xfinity and was so disapointed that I couldn't watch Manchester Utd on Fox2. When this year? Will it be in Minnesota in time for the UEFA?

Official Employee

@jimc_usa wrote:

I have just for Xfinity and was so disapointed that I couldn't watch Manchester Utd on Fox2. When this year? Will it be in Minnesota in time for the UEFA?

Fox Sports 2 is available in your area today on channels 740 and 1209 as part of our Digital Preferred level of service. The current level of service currently listed on your account is Performance Plus. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Any idea when it'll be available for the Seattle area?  Still waiting.

Contributor

As I type, Verizon is laying the fiber cables for my area, right outside the house today .  It won't be long now  

New Poster

Is there a reason Illinois is not listed?  I am in the 60462 zip code and we do not have FS2.  

Frequent Visitor

Hello.....  anyone there?  Any idea when we can expect FS2 in the Seattle area?  Still waiting for an answer.  Please.

Official Employee

@Kaptar wrote:

Hello.....  anyone there?  Any idea when we can expect FS2 in the Seattle area?  Still waiting for an answer.  Please.

Additional background information from me provided earlier in the thread (on this page) that may be of interest. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@ShadowLAP wrote:

Is there a reason Illinois is not listed?  I am in the 60462 zip code and we do not have FS2.  

Apologies. I checked directly with our team that handles programming and channels for this area and unfortunately, we don't have any current plans to add Fox Sports 2 in this area in the near term.

Additional background information from me provided earlier in the thread (on this page) that may be of interest.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I see that NH Is listed but I don't see FS2 on my guide but when I do the channel finder it says Channel 177 for me but 177 isn't shown, I livein Charlestown, NH

New Poster

Why is FOX Sports 2 not being offered in Pennsylvania?

Please do not give me the bull line about cost per subscribers. You recently jacked up your broadcast and sports fees. The multi-dollar increase on both of those should be enough to cover FS2 here in Pennsylvania.

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports 2 additions on 12/

Not good enough for Philadelphia area, tired of having to find a VERIZON customer to watch the shows.

Maybe next year we'll get into the 20th Century!

Frequent Visitor

Are we getting FS2 in Longmeadow MA any time soon? and will beinsports be in real HD any time soon? Final question, why do we have duplicated channels with higher numbers? are those broadcast in 1080p or what is the difference?

Contributor

any news in central california you recently announced a multi dollar increase in Broadcast and sports fee this increase in this area should be more than enough for FS2 I pay over 200 dollars I'm sure you could make the channel availble come on.....make it happen I love comcast it's comcastic. and you recently removed Big ten network in our area so It would be nice to add this channel.

Official Employee

@cmv-kv wrote:

Are we getting FS2 in Longmeadow MA any time soon? and will beinsports be in real HD any time soon? Final question, why do we have duplicated channels with higher numbers? are those broadcast in 1080p or what is the difference?

Apologies. I checked directly with our team that handles programming and channels for this area and unfortunately, we don't have any current plans to add Fox Sports 2 in this area in the near term.

Additional background information from me provided earlier in the thread (on this page) that may be of interest.

Duplicate "mirrored" channels (like having HGTV HD on two separate channels in the channel lineup) do not take up additional bandwidth (channel space). 

The multiple channel locations are simply presented as an optional channel entry points for our customers. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@Pharrell2 wrote:

any news in central california you recently announced a multi dollar increase in Broadcast and sports fee this increase in this area should be more than enough for FS2 I pay over 200 dollars I'm sure you could make the channel availble come on.....make it happen I love comcast it's comcastic. and you recently removed Big ten network in our area so It would be nice to add this channel.

The broadcast fee and sports fee changes are due directly to changes in those fees from the local broadcast channels and regional sports networks.

More info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill    

Recent articles below for background: 

NY Business Journal 5/3/18:The escalation of sports-rights fees can be traced to a 2008 ESPN deal

https://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2018/05/03/escalation-of-sports-rights-fees-traced-to-espn....

Excerpted from the NY Business Journal article: TV network executives have complained about the ever-escalating state of sports rights since the 1970s. But the dizzying growth of sports rights fees has been the dominant sports media storyline over the past 20 years.

Media Post 5/7/2018: Retrans Fees Often Blamed For TV Blackouts
https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/318862/retrans-fees-often-blamed-for-tv-blackouts.htm...

Excerpted from the Media Post article: "Who is at fault? Pay TV providers blame TV stations; TV stations blame TV providers. Bottom line: According to local media advisory, BIA/Kelsey, retransmission revenues continue to climb -- they are now at $8.44 billion" .

Additional background information on FS2 from me provided earlier in the thread (on this page) that may be of interest. Thanks for sharing your passion. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

First, my Thanks to Comcast/Xfinity for getting us FS2. I would wish for HD broadcast of this channel. I know, Comcast/Xfinity can only do so much.
New Poster

What about California....  ?????

Regular Visitor

All of the NASCAR schedule for this Friday is on FS2.  Thanks for nothing Comcast.  I was stupid to sign a contract.  Next year I will be done with you!!!!!

New Poster

Why can we not get Fox Sports 2 in a third of our state but you can in the other 2 thirds.

Delaware
Official Employee

@JimmyEssential wrote:
Why can we not get Fox Sports 2 in a third of our state but you can in the other 2 thirds.

Delaware

Not a great reason, but one difference is that your area of Delaware in New Castle County is part of the Philadelphia TV market where Sussex County, DE is part of the Salisbury TV market. 

Sometimes channel additions are done by TV market, not by state.     

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

But still not in Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

@JackBookout wrote:

But still not in Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or in South Jersey or in SE Pa., which is where Comcast is headquartered.

New Poster

I'd like to know why Xfinity/Comcast has chosen to continually ignore the request for FS2 in the Arizona market?  I have called them, as well as done the "Ask Tom" a question, dozens of times.  I've never received an answer

Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@JimmyEssential wrote:

Delaware

Not a great reason, but one difference is that your area of Delaware in New Castle County is part of the Philadelphia TV market where Sussex County, DE is part of the Salisbury TV market. 

Sometimes channel additions are done by TV market, not by state.     

Well that makes sort of sense then. So I guess no one in New Castle County (where I live) is requesting for this channel or the demand is not there. Which then makes no point for anyone in the New Castle County / Philadelphia TV market to call or use the "request to add channel" link since the requesters in this particular area is a vocal minority then. Although I find it incredibly odd that FS2 channel is readily available on Comcast's competitors in this county such as Dish, DirecTV, and Verizon but not Comcast.

This is a prime example cable and satellite customers are going to have to accept. In this case, if the channel isn't high in demand in a particular area. Comcast will not negotiate for that particular channel. Also to keep in mind  21st Century Fox (owner of FS2) probably doesn't bother or force negotiation for Fox Sports 2 with Comcast since they are probably asking for too much which Comcast doesn't want to pay.

BUT rest assure those that post in this thread and don't know, Rupert Murdoch is selling his Fox movie studio, Sky (UK TV provider) and some of his other cable networks to either Disney or Comcast. He WILL be keeping the Fox Broadcasting Network, Fox News Channel, FS1, FS2 and some other networks under a new company probably called "New Fox".

I'm sure when that transaction with Disney or Comcast is complete. Rupert Murdoch's new Fox company will negotiate for FS2 (Fox Sports 2) to be available on Comcast lineup and coverage throughout the United States. Not sure which tier or package it will be on but we will get it.

Don't stress it folks. I gave up a long time ago as an avid soccer fan. No one on this forum can do anything to get this channel at the moment if the demand isn't there. Remember we forum posters are a small minority compared to the average Xfinity customer who probably don't even know these forums exist.

Official Employee

Hi @juneau730,

We’re always evaluating the content and channels we offer customers, so Fox Sports 2 may be available in HD in the future. To submit your interest in Fox Sports2, please visit the link below: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.