members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 401 of 1,694 (8,647 Views)

Re: Where's fox sports 2?

It was reassuring to see the "Speed" schedule line-up that fox emailed out to us.....all on fox 2. Dandy folks in this tv business.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 402 of 1,694 (8,619 Views)

Seth2021 wrote:

so explain to me how there is a "customer interest" for G4 and LOGOtv in Tallahassee, FL.  lived here my whole life and just dont see it.  but I do see a "customer interest" in adding FS2, please no more political correctness and just gives us the facts we are adults, we can handle the news with out lube.

It's more than only "customer interest":

As I stated above... "based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations." Thanks for the feedback.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 403 of 1,694 (8,531 Views)

Re: Why doesn't Comcast carry FS2? + NASCAR AWARDS, SEC, NBA

Didn't know the Awards banquet was being rebroadcast!  Shoot, missed it!!!!  Leaving Comcast next year & finding someone that carries Fox Sports 1, I think Direct TV carries it.  I love Nascar & tired of missing everything!

Posted by
Edited on
‎12-10-2013 11:59 AM

Frequent Visitor

Message 404 of 1,694 (8,275 Views)

[ Edited ]

right, keep telling yourself that...but its really just complete BS, Ted.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 405 of 1,694 (8,149 Views)

ComcastTeds said "customer interest" was a determining factor, so how much is enough to warrant a change. I have requested several times FS 2, do these requests stay "on the books" or do I need to keep calling? All I would really like is instead of giving us a line that they just say what they are going to do. It seems Comcast just wants us to hold out hope so we don't go to another provider.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 406 of 1,694 (8,145 Views)

here is a link to watch the Banquet>  http://foxs.pt/1cuoec8

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 407 of 1,694 (8,136 Views)

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Today, Juventus v Galatasaray Champions League match is on Fox Sports 2. Having Comcast in North Jersey, we don't get Fox Sports 2. There is no where else to watch this match and Fox Sports 2 is not available nor has Comcast made it available on the Fox Sports Go app. So yeah, I cannot watch the most important match of the year seemingly because Comcast does not want me to. 

Add to that, Bein Sport is STILL NOT AVAILABLE IN HD. Watching soccer on SD on a 42 inch plasma is HORRIBLE and UNWATCHABLE. 

Please, Comcast... end this absurdity. The problem is I am stuck with Comcast in my apartment building. We are not allowed to get Direct TV or Dish here and Verizon isn't available. Comcast knows this and has no problem taking our hard earned money every month so we can be told what we can and cannot watch. I pay $160 a month for ONE CABLE BOX  and high speed internet which constantly gets slower and slower. If you're going to hold a monopoly over certain areas, please at least make sure you give your customers something for what they pay for. 

Comcast also doesn't allow me to watch HBO Go on my Roku or Playstation. 

Sometimes it feels like they know exactly what I want and go out of their way to make sure I don't get it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 408 of 1,694 (8,046 Views)

Here's the deal when you can get someone "on the inside" to address your questions:

Why is it that there are 100's of channels available to us & Comcast will not cut 1 of them to give us FS2?

"Well you see it's like this. We do not have to pay much at all for MOST of those channela and it gives us the oppertunity to beat our chest about how many channels are available in each package. FS2 will not be cheap because we are charged by the subscriber & not the service itself. Until we, (Comcast) can see that the cost of the service will be offset by an increase of revenue, it will not be addressed."

I was also lead to believe that Comcast will not address this until they see a reduction in revenue. That is the only yard stick they have, as we are already customers, so adding FS2 for your current subscribers will do nothing to increase revenue. The biggest thorn in their side is Fios. When Fios arrives in an area the existing cable provider almost always takes a big hit in subscribers. When Comcast knows that there is not a big presence of Fios in the area they have no incentive to better their package. Same goes for Comcast service. When you need service and a pickup truck shows up with all that Comcast logo on it, you are dealing with an outside contractor! Comcast prefers to not roll a van, as this is an actual Comcast employee.

I am lead to believe that I'm not in the minority here when I state that I'll wait it out until the next NASCAR season, BUT if FS2 is not available by the beginning of the season, I'll be history.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 409 of 1,694 (7,759 Views)

Does Comcast really believe that Fox Business News or FXX brings more viewers than Fox Sports 2 would? There are many events exclusively on FS2. Fox Business News is only business news during weekedays. Other than that, it's infomercials. FXX is ummm... (shrug).

Comcast, please add Fox Sports 2.

Thank you.

-Cory

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 410 of 1,694 (7,711 Views)

177 and 841 are the channels listed for me too in So. NH but apparently 177 (FS2) is still not available.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 411 of 1,694 (7,397 Views)

so no fox sports 2?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 412 of 1,694 (7,379 Views)

We want FS 2!! wish everyone would come here and post so you could see how many of us are so disappointed in comcast. Guess we all need to go to Direct and see how the "cost" adds up??

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 413 of 1,694 (7,362 Views)

As previously stated in this forum, COMCAST really only monitors this forum for bad words.  Occaisionally ComcastTED makes an appearance, but really doesn't shed light on anything.  Requesting FOX SPORTS 2 here is just shouting to the wind.  All you are really doing is asking others who are asking for FOX SPORTS 2 to provide FS2.  This blog is an attempt by COMCAST to give people a chance to vent, without having to address their problems or tie them up with a real person.  As also said before (Read all the pages) Getting FS2 is a matter of numbers.  The amount of people posting on this forum don't amount to a hill of beans to COMCAST.  If you truely want to accomplish something, go to COMCAST ECARE, or call your local COMCAST office and ask for FOX SPORTS 2.  This is just a user to user forum.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 414 of 1,694 (6,781 Views)

Not a reply, but support for  statement. After all this time still waiting for Fox Sports 2. As a fan of auto racing in most forms I am frustrated by the exchange of a racing channel for a "talking head" channel following soccer, football, and most everything but racing, Frustrated!! Looking for an good alternative. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 415 of 1,694 (6,769 Views)

Until Comcast pulls their head out of there collective rectums, your only choice will be either of the dish networks or Verizon Fios. IF you have Fios in your area, it is a no brainer to tell Comcast to take a hike. "Several" Comcast installers have told me "of the record" that they would switch to Fios in a second "but" for the fact that with their employee discounts, it is almost free service from Comcast! Yes, these are "Comcast Installers" & NOT  "Contract Installers"!

Visitor

Message 416 of 1,694 (6,248 Views)

FOX SPORTS 2

IS FOX SPORTS 2 COMING TO COMCAST OR NOT!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 417 of 1,694 (6,578 Views)

If FIos was available I would be gone already. You would think they would be easily replace the two previous networks to unite both previous popular automotive and other event channels and improve the broadcasts not eliminate them.................. "ABSOLUTE MORONS"

"Get With It Comcast"  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 418 of 1,694 (6,568 Views)

Dish Network carries Fox Sports 2 for $34.96 @ month, introductory price, but I don't care how much they eventually raise it to, as long as I can see all of the Nascar events.  My husband loves Barrette Jackson car auctions & they are going to be carried on Fox Sports 2.  Looks like we'll be changing over to Dish Network!  Sorry Comcast, I've been a customer with you for 20 years, paying top notch for everything we get, it's terrible how you treat your customers!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 419 of 1,694 (6,572 Views)

Fox Sports 2

Why does Xfinity not broadcast Fox Sports 2?  As a race fan, many races are being broadcast on this channel and Xfinity customers cannot access.  Seems like every time I turn on Fox Sports 1, all you see is Ultimate fighting.  There is enough of that in the streets of America; don't need to waste a sports channel on tv with this.  Now I find out the Barrett-Jackson car auction will be broadcast on Fox Sports 2.  I have been watching this for years and for me, it is a prelude to the upcoming speedweeks at Daytona and the start of the racing season.

Please explain why Xfinity does not carry this channel.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 420 of 1,694 (6,516 Views)

Re: Fox Sports 2

mcjb9501, Comcast does not want to pay Fox for Fox sports 2.  Directv on the other hand does pay for that so I quit bouncing my head against the wall and made the plunge to direct TV - now i get fox sports 2 and MavTV. 

not to mention, for less monthly bill i get extra stations like military channel, true tv, destination america, science channel.. all stuff i didn't get on my equivalent comcast HD tier.

Worst thing, i have to keep my $85/ month comcast internet connection.  ouch. ahh well.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 421 of 1,694 (8,308 Views)

I have looked at DirectTV but my mother in law has it and everytime there is a heavy rainstorm she looses her signal. She's called them many times but they say nothing can be done, that the rain is blocking the signal. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me but since it happens everytime there must be something to it. 

I called Comcast again yesterday concerning adding FS2 and the response was we are looking into it.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 422 of 1,694 (8,227 Views)

Fox Sports 2

IMSA

Posted by
Visitor

Message 423 of 1,694 (8,228 Views)

Fox Sports 2 - where is it?

IMSA just announced Fox Sports 2 will have same day coverage of the Continental Tire Challenge Series Race from Daytona.  It appears Comcast customers will have to do without.  Best racing there is and we miss it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 424 of 1,694 (8,105 Views)

FOX SPORTS 2

Can you please add Fox sports 2 to the channel line up.  With SPEED going away, Fox sports is not to customer friendly.

PLEASE ADD FOX SPORTS 2! 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 425 of 1,694 (8,054 Views)

Fox Sports Two

How about adding the full Fox sports experience to the lineup? I'm mising out on a lot of the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction because you don't have Fox Sports 2! 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 426 of 1,694 (8,051 Views)

Re: Fox Sports Two

I can't find fox sports 2 on my tv

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 427 of 1,694 (8,023 Views)

No kidding right? Such a joke - Fox Sports 1 - that's what we need, ANOTHER sports channel - Oh look, its UFC Fighting on right now - and Barrett Jackson no where to be found. Comcast, you have hundreds of channels of worthless junk being broadcast, you couldn't spare another slot for FOX 2? You're nothing but a bunch of tools Comcast.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 428 of 1,694 (7,905 Views)

Re: FOX SPORTS 2

@gerald , No none of us on this forum can. The effort you took to post this request would be better addressed to COMCAST ECARE, or your local office. Nobody here but us disillusioned viewers who think COMCAST is arrogant, greedy, and could care less about what we as consumers want to watch. Good luck
Posted by
Contributor

Message 429 of 1,694 (7,895 Views)

What is really irritating, is check out COMCAST's announcement back on August 15th....

Note the very first paragrah:

"XFINITY customers: FOX Sports 1 and 2, the newest sports networks from FOX, are headed your way. Find out more about the network launches and what sporting events coverage and shows you can expect to see in the FAQs below:"

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports/2013/08/15/are-you-ready-for-fox-sports-1-and-2/

So, where is the promised Fox Sports 2 as promised back on Aug. 15th?????

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 430 of 1,694 (7,889 Views)

Kind of like "The check is in the mail" ????????

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 431 of 1,694 (7,861 Views)

moriconi1 wrote:

- and Barrett Jackson no where to be found. ...

Actually, looking at the TV listings for the rest of this week, it appears that Fox is also showing the Barrett-Jackson Auction on their Fox Business Network (FBN) and their other channels now:

Day 3 - NEW From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Thu 1/16 9:00PM-11:00PM ET -  FBN and FBN HD

Day 4 - LIVE From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Fri 1/17 2:00PM-9:00PM ET - FS1 and FS1HD

Day 4 -  NEW From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Fri 1/17 9:00PM-12:00AM ET - FBN and FBN HD

Day 5 - LIVE From Scottsdale, Ariz. \

Sat 1/18 3:00PM-5:00PM ET - WNYW-DT (Fox 5 NYC)

Day 5 - NEW From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Sat 1/18 5:00PM-12:00AM ET - NatGeo and NatGeo HD

Day 6 - LIVE From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Sun 1/19 5:00PM-7:00PM ET - FS1 and FS1HD

However, I'm missing all of my NASCAR programs that are over on Fox Sports 2 now, and the situation is only going to get worse once the new season starts up next month!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 432 of 1,694 (7,835 Views)

Dear Comcast,

I would like to see Fox Sports 2 that was promised last year. It seems that the demand is obviously here, so what is the problem? Can you please give me a date that we might see it here in Indianapolis, IN. I really like watching the auto auctions,  both Mecum and Barrett-Jackson.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 433 of 1,694 (7,619 Views)

According to the Federal Communications Act, dishes no larger than 3 meters are allowed with very few exceptions. I would check with the lawyer for your Association. Unless there are some obscure provisions, it's a violation of your free speech rights. I live in an area with 2 Associations, and all references to dishes were removed on instructions from lawyer. The only mention is where it can be placed so it's not an eyesore.

Now that Comcast owns NBC, it bet they carry every NBC channel known to mankind.

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-19-2014 08:22 PM

Regular Visitor

Message 434 of 1,694 (7,551 Views)

[ Edited ]

So today I'm looking for Fox Sports 2 to watch a specific program and it's nowhere to be found. I come to this Forum to try and find some answers and now I've found I'm not the only one with this complaint. After a rate increase to almost $200.00 a month for Comcast Triple Play, shouldn't I be able to watch the Fox Sports 2 channel? What's up with that Comcast?: I guess as soon as my contract expires next year I'll be looking for a different service provider. THANKS COMCAST!!!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 435 of 1,694 (7,365 Views)

Where's our Fox Sports 2 already?

Unhappy race fan

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 436 of 1,694 (7,342 Views)

Missing much of the Daytona Rolex race because Comcast won't provide Fox Sports 2 - guess we'll have to go over to our friends' house - they have FIOS - FIOS is starting to look like a better option at this point!

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-24-2014 07:38 PM

Visitor

Message 437 of 1,694 (7,367 Views)

[ Edited ]

As you can read from Comcast's non-commital, neutered and re-warmed PR statement - they have no near-term interest in offering FS2 to subscribers.  The reason was already noted by an earlier poster:  Until existing Comcast customers quit Comcast service giving lack of FS2 as their stated reason - there is no gain to Comcast's bottom line.

As a Comcast customer - you aren't worth giving FS2 to - unless you quit.

I will have to watch Rolex series racing tomorrow at my neighbor's house.  They have FiOS.  Lets see how much they pay and what kind of deal FiOS will cut me.

The problem with Comcast is that you are only valuable and your needs valued - until they have your account.  They there is no-one home at Comcast.

Comcast - we hear you loud and clear.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 438 of 1,694 (7,263 Views)

WE WANT FOX SPORTS 2 IN ATLANTA!!!! 

Just looked at guide today.... Now the FA cup and MOST of Champions League matches are being played on FOX Sports 2! ;-(

All those who had hopes of more soccer on FS1 are let down completely. It's 50% FOX's fault since they could put most CL matches on FS1 but they aren't... instead we have hours of fighting BS, which stinks.

FOX has BLOWN their opportunity to offer the soccer properties they still own in an exciting and engaging manner — instead they keep giving us less and less. What happened to FOX SOCCER Daily? If Comcast would please give us FS2 it would be much better...  but they won't. 

NBC is going to DOMINATE international soccer viewing with its superior offerings and coverage. Why couldn't FOX take the same approach to The FA Cup and Champion's League by showing all the matches? We'll never know, and now they are losing share every day! They have made a bet on German Soccer - but they are going to loose all the soccer fans they have before it ever makes it onto the air. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 439 of 1,694 (7,355 Views)

WE WANT FOX SPORTS 2 IN ATLANTA!!!! 

Just looked at guide today.... Now the FA cup and MOST of Champions League matches are being played on FOX Sports 2! ;-( Woman Sad  Man Sad  

All those who had hopes of more soccer on FS1 are let down completely. It's 50% FOX's fault since they could put most CL matches on FS1 but they aren't... instead we have hours of fighting BS, which stinks.

FOX has BLOWN their opportunity to offer the soccer properties they still own in an exciting and engaging manner — instead they keep giving us less and less. What happened to FOX SOCCER Daily? If Comcast would please give us FS2 it would be much better...  but they won't. 

NBC is going to DOMINATE international soccer viewing with its superior offerings and coverage. Why couldn't FOX take the same approach to The FA Cup and Champion's League by showing all the matches? We'll never know, and now they are losing share every day! They have made a bet on German Soccer - but they are going to loose all the soccer fans they have before it ever makes it onto the air. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 440 of 1,694 (7,295 Views)

Update...is Comcast still ignoring those who pay the bill....like the customer So WHAT channel is FS2
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 441 of 1,694 (7,157 Views)

Watching the 24 hours of Daytona and just now realized the next segment is on Fox 2. We don't get that here in Indy. Figures...

I would even pay extra for it, but I don't have the option unless I go to Dish network. Comcast, do you want me to go to Dish network?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 442 of 1,694 (7,156 Views)

When can we expect Fox Sports 2 and MAVTV? This is a problem. I just called Comcast customer service. They had never heard of either. What a pain, now I have to shop for a new service provider.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 443 of 1,694 (7,132 Views)

Comcast does not have FS2 in SF bayarea also, total sht for what you pay for. I will be watching the 24hr on IMSA.com thru my smart tv. Only way for the race.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 444 of 1,694 (7,128 Views)

I'm not a big racing fan, but  apparently you can watch a live in-car stream of the race here:  http://stream.speedtv.com/rolex24

No commentary, but interesting.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 445 of 1,694 (7,042 Views)

Add me to the list.  I found this thread looking around to try and figure out why I can't watch the Rolex 24 on my Comcast box.  Comcast, really, you need to add FS2 to the lineup.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 446 of 1,694 (6,939 Views)

Directv is the way to go,they have both FS1 & 2 and also Mavtv,and its a great deal right now!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 447 of 1,694 (6,930 Views)

you will want the Xtra Package if you go to Directv $34.99 12 months then $39.99,thats over half what my Comcast runs.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 448 of 1,694 (6,929 Views)

somebody reads this forum. I posted that you could get fs2 on the fox sports go app and the next day you had to enable location detection on your ios device which took away the ability to watch fs2 on the ipad

at least they moved the big east games to fox sports regional until Comcast adds fs2. it really is bogus that Comcast won't add a big time live sports channel. MMA, soccer, d1 mens hoops, NASCAR is all on fs2. they should replace nbc sports which is useless aside from the 2 weeks of Olympic coverage
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 449 of 1,694 (6,825 Views)

I agree!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 450 of 1,694 (8,859 Views)

I agree here.  My husband and I feel short changed for motor sports.  All other major sports have multiple channels on Comcast.  We motor sports fans need all the channels where races are broadcast.  We need Fox Sports 2.  And any other channel races are on.

Comcast, PLEASE add these channels