New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 351 of 1,707

Even with a "stock" reply, I got someones attention to at least do that. NOW if everyone on this thread would send an email to this same address, I would guess there would be more then a "stock" reply! Hows about we ALL get together and coordinate an email blitz, all at the same time and date???? Who wants to orginize that?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 352 of 1,707

you go ahead and get it all setup

Posted by
Contributor

Message 353 of 1,707
Yes, Ctstreetrodder you set it up and I for one will participate.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 354 of 1,707

OK, that will be easy to find out who the players are.

Everyone who will do an email blitz, please post you interest.

If enough of you step up to the plate, we will pick a time & date that works for everyone.

Now, how about one of you guys compose an email so that we can all copy & paste, so that they know there is a committed crew.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 355 of 1,707
I just downloaded the Fox Sports Go app on my iPad (FSGO). I put in my xfinity login info and now I can watch all the fox sports content on my ipad. Fox Sports 2 is on the app. It's weird. I can watch the live games broadcasted on Fox Sports 2 with my xfinity account.

I have to believe Xfinity is in the process of adding Fox Sports 2 HD to the regular tv sports package. There's too much live UFC and Big East basketball for them not to. Xfinity is a big time cable provider. They need to hurry up and add FS2 before the college season is over.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 356 of 1,707

bodgo19 wrote:
I just downloaded the Fox Sports Go app on my iPad (FSGO). I put in my xfinity login info and now I can watch all the fox sports content on my ipad. Fox Sports 2 is on the app. It's weird. I can watch the live games broadcasted on Fox Sports 2 with my xfinity account.

I have to believe Xfinity is in the process of adding Fox Sports 2 HD to the regular tv sports package. There's too much live UFC and Big East basketball for them not to. Xfinity is a big time cable provider. They need to hurry up and add FS2 before the college season is over.

Thanks for that, very cool!  You can also watch from the web at http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/.  I wish we could add apps like this to the X1 box; maybe that's coming in the future.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 357 of 1,707
Thanks bogo19. I just put the app on my IPad.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 358 of 1,707

Just tried the website, it works!!! Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 359 of 1,707

Add me to the list looking for Fox Sports 2 and if comcast can't deliver I'll take my 300.00 plus, cable bill per month and move on!!!!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 360 of 1,707
Posted by
Visitor
Message 361 of 1,707
The reason is compact is ALL BOUGHT MONEY. I been with compact for just over a year and problems since day one of start device. I got to call each month to git bill fixed and their prices are high to high for what u get per six months stupid guide packages. No mouth to month plans to pay monthly like i did at time warner cable. If your smart go to directtv or another provider. As a field tech for a cable company for 8 years its clear as a bell this company is sorry out for money and not a customer base, poor customer serviceand they got no clue what they are doing. Pretty disrespectful this company runs this way. Having no fs2 aunt no surprise to me but get ready to pay for it. If your smart to to a cheaper provider and get more for less, comcact standards pay more get less......... glad i moving to time warner area next year as I'll never go back to contact again once i move next year. Go trying to get fs2 without paying for it... lmfao....
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 362 of 1,707
Posted by
Contributor

Message 363 of 1,707

they took it away! it does not work anymore...

I thought they were finally providing it

come on at least streaming, then beinsport play!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 364 of 1,707

Yep, same here. Fox Sports 2 has now vanished from my iPad app too! 

When you try to access it, you get a:

"This network is not included in your current televsion subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe"

Uh, hey!  I'd love to!!!  But COMCAST doesn't offer FSN2!!!!

Sheesh, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing......

Mike

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 365 of 1,707
Worked for me all weekend, then stopped. A bunch of Alpha-Hotels.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 366 of 1,707

I just feel helpless.  More like a beggar, even if we all pay our bills to get some sport.  I mean is it really that expensive for them to get us: Foxsports 2 in streaming and beinsports play?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 367 of 1,707

I am a new female TV viewer on car shows which I thought were boring until I happened to watch the 2 shows PINKS ALL OUT and PASSTIME on the speed channel.  I absolutely became hooked on those 2 shows-my husband was suprized  I became so addicted to watching them.  Well......needless to say that was the shortest run of addiction I've ever had,  because they took the speed channel off the Comcast line up,   as a result it threw me straight into pinks/pass withdrawal!  I was so furious!  I didn't have any idea how to complain or who to talk too about this....after getting no results or info from comcast's customer service dept.  I was on this website to pay my bill  and came across this forum site and decided to check it out.  I've never done this before-sending messages but just had to because I became such a devoted fan to the speed channel.  So, after reading a lot of these forum messages and learning more about this issue I decided to join in with you all.  Why aren/t we notified when losing TV programs and channels anyway?  Well anyhow I apologise if I posted incorrectly and /or wrote too much!  I'm a good learner though and will gladly accept positive feedback!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 368 of 1,707

Welcome to the forums; your post looks great to me.  Just remember that this is a place where Comcast customers come to rant about their service or get help with problems, mostly from other customers but sometimes from Comcast people.  There's not a lot of "socializing", but feel free to say anything you want.

Almost any time a channel change occurs, there is usually an announcement made in advance printed in your bill.  It's not always obvious, but it is there.  I rarely actually read the bill unless the amount changes, so I'm also "caught" when channels more around or get cancelled.  The Speed Channel itself was shut down earlier this year by Fox (not Comcast) and there's lots of discussion about that in several different forums here.

Regarding "Pinks All Out":  I don't think that show is produced any more.  But all the episodes are available to watch "Online" from the xfinity web site or from Hulu.com. In other words, you can watch them all on you computer, but not on your TV (at least not directly).  See if this link works for you:  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Pinks%3A-All-Out/4806025396499337112/full-episodes#episode=712514....

Good luck, and happy surfing!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 369 of 1,707

As some of you already know, my Daughter works for Comcast in a managerial position. I had her reach out to a friend of hers that is in a "postion of knowledge" about this subject. The official company line "at this time" is that there are no immediate nor future plans of adding FS2 to the line up! Subject to change ONLY with customer feedback! They site costs vs customer base & feel that FS2 fees are to high (seems they charge per subscriber). There also appears to be some strong feelings from programming that they (Comcast) will not be subject to another power play like ESPN did.  So, all things being equal, we maybe should start researching another source for FS2! Comcast has no special place in my house, as there no discounts for family members and we pay full retail for everything. Verizon is available to me, just not Fios!!!  I'm giving thought to taking my Comcast video to "basic", keep the VOIP & Internet and have Dish for everything else.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 370 of 1,707
How discouraging to hear that no matter what we the customers ask, it won't be added. How many requests do they consider enough? The only option I have is to change to Direct TV which I will do in February.
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 371 of 1,707

Ctstreetrodder wrote:

As some of you already know, my Daughter works for Comcast in a managerial position. I had her reach out to a friend of hers that is in a "postion of knowledge" about this subject. The official company line "at this time" is that there are no immediate nor future plans of adding FS2 to the line up! Subject to change ONLY with customer feedback! They site costs vs customer base & feel that FS2 fees are to high (seems they charge per subscriber). There also appears to be some strong feelings from programming that they (Comcast) will not be subject to another power play like ESPN did.  So, all things being equal, we maybe should start researching another source for FS2! Comcast has no special place in my house, as there no discounts for family members and we pay full retail for everything. Verizon is available to me, just not Fios!!!  I'm giving thought to taking my Comcast video to "basic", keep the VOIP & Internet and have Dish for everything else.

Ctstreetrodder,

I've mentioned this in the past - Comcast does provide FS2 to some of its markets.  I'm in Eastern Mass, I have the triple play combo and get FS1 and FS2 as part of my package.  I don't know why some markets carry it and some don't.  We are in a former Adelphia area before Comcast took it over - that may have something to do with it.   

Perhaps your daughter could look into this and provide some explanation.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 372 of 1,707
What's the point? They do not care at comcast. AT&T über see has now both foxsports2 streaming and beinsport play streaming. Comcast is last!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 373 of 1,707
Comcast xfinity needs to realize that when u offer channels n those channels get new ownership or split into more channels because of increased interest in programming they should also offer the same. They always want to increase rates but not offer the programming and content that the customers have been getting. Keep up with progamming.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 374 of 1,707

manamok wrote:

Ctstreetrodder,

I've mentioned this in the past - Comcast does provide FS2 to some of its markets.  I'm in Eastern Mass, I have the triple play combo and get FS1 and FS2 as part of my package.  I don't know why some markets carry it and some don't.  We are in a former Adelphia area before Comcast took it over - that may have something to do with it.   

With a little more asking, I find that Comcast pays a fee/royalty for each subscriber "in the market it is offered in". This is my opinion only, but I guess it's all about "return on investment"! They/Comcast do not feel that the return would support the investment in my market area (Western Florida). So in other words my interests as a NASCAR devote has been marginalized!

I am also lead to believe that if this site is being hosted by Comcast then we can rest assured that "someone from cubicle 57" is assigned to check it out. Simply by the logg in system there is a trail to who we are. With our email address they/Comcast can pull up your complete account.Our only wish is that whomever you are, that you build a fire under someones "rectum"!!!!!!! Some of us WILL accept a lessor quality service to get our NASCAR coverage. On that you can be assured!!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 375 of 1,707

what it just tells me is that it is false advertising all the way with comcast:

(1) they do not have the most sports live...directv has it

(2) they do not offer the best streaming platform (sports or not)...directv or dish or att uverse has it

(3) they lie about adding HD feeds for sports channels (be in sport HD anyone?)

(4) they do not add all the channels they promise (fox sports 2)

(5) they lie about all the streaming options they promised to give (be in sport play...)

i could have continued, but I guess this shows that if you can switch fast to the competitors...THEY have it all!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 376 of 1,707
Response I Received Today.....
The Executive Customer Relations department for Comcast, West Division received your concern pertaining to the Fox Sports 2 channel not being available.

I sincerely apologize for your frustration that this matter may have caused. Unfortunately, at this time Comcast does not carry the Fox Sports 2 also known as the Fuel channel. We do carry the Fox Sports 1 channel. At this time we have no ETA on when or if the Fox Sports 2 will be available on the Comcast network.

If you would like to address this concern further please feel free to contact me directly at 1 888 966 7794 Ext. 3000612 or you may reply by email.

Sincerely,

Gina McCalpine
Executive Customer Relations
Comcast | West Division
Gina_McCalpine@cable.comcast.com
Office: 1 888 966 7794 Ext. 3000612
M-F: 9am – 5:30pm (PST)
Posted by
Visitor

Message 377 of 1,707

So you say you don't know when Fox Sports 2 will be on the lineup or at all.  Please know that Verizon Fios has this channel.  Please get with the program.  I, and many other Nascar fans, will not be able to see the Sprint Awards Banquet.  Who'se idea anyway was it to put the banquet on a channel that is not covered.  We all miss Speed channel.  It is not your fault that Fox Sports 1 sucks and we all miss the Speed Channel.    PLEASE add FS2.   Only 90 some days until the Daytona 500 and I'll bet a lot of coverage will be on FS2.     Thank you. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 378 of 1,707
Gina at Comcast who sent this Email to me, still has not yet answered to my Reply Question: Why is FS2 not in the channel line up and what are the reasons? I had filed a FCC Complaint...that was actually acted upon, to a point by the FCC. This is why I got a response, albeit lame. We need to have more people file with the FCC. Customers were promised the FS2 and we have been given no reasons why we are not getting what we are paying for. If I don't get a reply to My questions by tomorrow, I will call this person. They need to give us specific reasons. We are not given any and I will also let FCC know nothing is being done by Comcast for their customers.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 379 of 1,707

The nascar awards show will be aired on this channel next Friday and I won't be able to see it because we don't get fx2.  We also miss some of the qualifying for some of the races because of it.  I am a big fan of racing and want to see it all.  When will we get fx2?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 380 of 1,707

According to jayski website here is information about the Sprint cup awards banquet

Sunday, December 8, 2012: Sprint Cup Awards Banquet (re-air) on FoxSports1 at 12:00noon/et

Posted by
Visitor

Message 381 of 1,707

For the first time ever we won't be able to watch the nascar awards banquet because it's on Fox sports 2. Comcast does not carry it in Boston area. Not bad for $220+ per mo. and we can't even watch what we want, but they have room for 100+ garbage channels that no one watches.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 382 of 1,707
Good news and bad news. I called customer service and they gave me an answer. Unfortunately it is bad news. No fox sports 2 in the works or beinsportplay online. The agent said that comcast does not plan on adding it ever. He explained the bare minimum is to have foxsports 1 and we will be stuck with that baring people complaining a lot and callin then. So now at least we know. No need to wait we can just switch.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 383 of 1,707
Thank you for that update. Myself and FCC though, still are requesting the "reasons" why not carrying FS2 and BEIn HD or online. They need to justify WHY after promising this to customers, they are not following through. It was to be included in Sports Package we are paying for. Why is it so hard for them to not give full disclosure? Why can some Cities receive these Channels and others not? We know it comes down to money....for one, what else IS the problem. Just emailed Verizon again to get an update on when their services will be available in my area. Dishes are not allowed in my Community. Thinking of just closing my account totally and saving a lot of money. The main reason I have Comcast WAS for Sports coverage. I'll miss it, but I'll live! Much, I can find online now and I can get Internet with Verizon.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 384 of 1,707
UPDATED Email received today from Comcast.....putting it back on FOX as the reason ....... When I talk with FOX they tell me it's a decision Comcast made....
Gina wrote:

I apologize for your frustration.

Comcast does not carry the Fuel channel in your area and therefore would not carry the Fox Sports 2. There are certain areas that the Fuel/Fox Sports 2 is available, this is determined by the programmer. If you are looking for additional information on the Fox Sports 2 channel you will need to contact that programmer. With all advertisements and promotions there are disclaimers that inform customer’s that certain restrictions apply or that the product/channel is not available in all areas.

Comcast continually strives to add value to our Xfinity TV services and enhance the customer experience with advanced products and services. We regularly evaluate the content we offer in all areas. Unfortunately, at this time the Fox Sports 2 channel is not available in your area.

Sincerely,

Gina McCalpine
Executive Customer Relations
Comcast | West Division
Gina_McCalpine@cable.comcast.com
Office: 1 888 966 7794 Ext. 3000612
M-F: 9am – 5:30pm (PST)
Posted by
Visitor

Message 385 of 1,707

I am upset about this too, they will rebroadcast it on Fox sports on 2 days later at noon. But hate that its after the fact. How much more of championship week will we miss? They should of left speed channel alone!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 386 of 1,707

I am looking for the channel for fox sports 2.  Do I have that available in my area?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 387 of 1,707

Well tonight's live sprint cup awards show in Las Vegas is on Fox Sports 2 or course.  I think FS1 has a replay in the middle of the night.  I haven't missed watching the awards in more years than I can count. You give some of these drivers a microphone and seven-digit checks and in recent years the atmosphere of Las Vegas and a lot of fun ensues.  But I won't see any of it live since we still don't get FS2 in Pittsburgh.  Heck I'd be pleased if they simply added it to the standard definition channels in the sports pack like TVG, ESPN Classic, Pac 12, Fox College Sports A,C & P, BEIN and the ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater channels.  How difficult can that be?  And now I'm worried about the SEC Network next summer.  As a graduate of an SEC school now living in the north, that channel will be beyond crucial for me to receive.  Dragging their feat on FS2 definitely has me ticked off; but if they beat around the bush on SEC next August, forget about it, I'll be moving my tack to directv city.  And just for the record, I have to mention how we only get 1 or 2 NBA League Pass games in HD, if I'm lucky; while directv not only shows them all in HD but they offer both home and road feeds. I'm sure Comcast would simply pass along the blame to iNDemand for not offering HD on all games and choice of home or road broadcast.  It's only $189 early bird, like that's not enough dough to maximize coverage with every game in HD and both feeds.  It's starting to get into the realm of absurdity, particular because Comcast operates the regional sports networks for eight NBA teams by my count (PHL, BOS, WAS, CHI, HOU, PORT, GS, SAC).  It takes a very poorly-run enterprise to deny pay-per-view viewers' access to said enterprise's owned and operated channels.  It's like going into McDonalds, seeing big macs being made and packaged and then the cashier tells you that you can't get a big mac. Seriously, that's essentially what their doing in many of these cases.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 388 of 1,707
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 389 of 1,707
Posted by
Visitor

Message 390 of 1,707

First of I am not happy that the speed channel was taken away because it carried  lots of racing and not just NASCAR. NASCAR is my favorite and now I might be able to catch something on NASCAR in between football and baseball games. Don't we have enough channels with football and baseball on them without adding even more football and baseball?

As janetrichards8 said I do pay a lot for Comcast here in Indiana and there are a lot of channels that I don't watch and I am sure there are a lot of people who don't watch the gem channel, the knife channel, the jewerly channel, etc, etc, etc!

I guess we who pay the most don't have any say in what channels we would like to have on our cable.

Good job Comcast, you keep those channels that no one watches because you are still getting paid so what do you care.

Not happy

Posted by
Contributor

Message 391 of 1,707

If anyone want to join us in our chat room tonight come on over !    This group was formed in November 2012 after we learned that the NASCAR Community Chat was going away. We all wanted a way to stay in touch with one another, so we formed a Facebook group consisting of the members that gathered to chat for the races. We are looking for people that love to discuss NASCAR during the races and during the week! Once again, we hope you will make the choice to join us!     http://www.nascarchatbuddies.com/

Posted by
Visitor

Message 392 of 1,707

the nascar is supposed to be broadcast over the internet too

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 393 of 1,707
what channel is it in eastern mass? I can't find it, and I have the top tier cable package
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 394 of 1,707

jrobie79 wrote:
what channel is it in eastern mass? I can't find it, and I have the top tier cable package

I'm on Cape Cod and FS2 is on channel 177 - FS1 is on 841.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 395 of 1,707

can watch this on FS1 at 1am est  or Sunday at noon est on FS1

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 396 of 1,707

I have been waiting for fox sports 2 am I going to get it? I'm a huge UFC fan and am unable to see UFC programming that is only on fox sports 2. I realize that FOX sports 1 covers main events and the ultimate fighter. There is a lot of extra stuff I would like to see like pre fight weigh ins and post fight interviews that is only on fox sports 2 (FUELTV). I'm pretty sure most all other cable providers carry it, in fact I think comcast carries it in other parts of the country. My building is wired for FiOS and they carry fox sports 1 and fox sports 2, do I have to switch to get it. I've checked tos see if i could get it by any other means by streaming it via a media player but was unable to find it.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 397 of 1,707

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. 

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Thanks for your feedback.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 398 of 1,707

so explain to me how there is a "customer interest" for G4 and LOGOtv in Tallahassee, FL.  lived here my whole life and just dont see it.  but I do see a "customer interest" in adding FS2, please no more political correctness and just gives us the facts we are adults, we can handle the news with out lube.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 399 of 1,707

get rid of 5 or 6 of the NFL channels and you will have a place to put FS2!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 400 of 1,707

ComcastTeds quote of the day!

"Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations."

Translated to lay terms is "Sometimes it just sucks to be you!"

Talk about some company line pablum pucking "Bovine Scatology"!!!!!