New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1750 of 1,775

I'm going to miss the Concacaf Gold Cup soccer matches tonight because there's no Fox Sports 2 in my area.[or in most others]

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 1752 of 1,775
You can watch the matches tonight on Univision Deportes.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 1753 of 1,775
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1754 of 1,775

Hello all, I understand your desire to add content that you enjoy watching in your area. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 1755 of 1,775

Fox Sports 2 is now availble online and mobile.

even though I don't have it.

what tier is it supposed to be?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1756 of 1,775

What Tier??? FS2 and David Bowie's space oddity are in the same tier.  Not to dump on Pharrell, but there are THIRTY-SIX (36) pages of discussion (and counting).  The vast majority of us cannot get FS2 through Comcast nor are we likely to ever get it.  I dumped Comcast due to high cost, number of channels I will never, ever watch and the lack of FS2.  Well, I recently got married and, guess what, she had Comcast.  The bright side is my spam e-mail continues to be directed to my comcast e-mail account.  I periodically log in here to see what y'all are saying.   

The fix is we all mark posts from ComcastTeds and ComcastAmir as "solutions",  pencil whip it so this is "solved".  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1757 of 1,775

OK we should be able to add the FS2 app to our app portion of the Xfinity selection.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1758 of 1,775

Read this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/online-tv-through-partner-sites/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1759 of 1,775

to quote from the above link:

You'll need the following to get started:

• A subscription to XFINITY TV that includes the network you want to watch.

pretty sure you will find if you don't have FS2 in your area, in your package and available to you on your TV, you still won't get it. I do not get FS2 via Comcast's TV Go App.  Please, please, if you have found a work around or a loophole, do share details.

I just checked my app

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/live-tv-streaming/

which still does NOT show FS2.

a quote from comcast.

Does live TV streaming with the XFINITY Stream app/XFINITY Stream portal include all channels?
When connected to your in-home XFINITY network, you can watch all the channels on your lineup (i.e., those included with your XFINITY TV subscription) through the XFINITY Stream app and portal, with the exception of pay per view or Adult channels. Outside the home, over 200 channels and over 40,000 TV shows and movies from your lineup will be available for live streaming.

Now, I am still pretty much convinced that, while "TV Everywhere" and XFinity streaming are different, when you try to log into a content provider with your Comcast information, if you do NOT have FS2, you will NOT be able to view FS2.

I do not find TV Everywhere as a distinct app.  Again, if anyone finds a workaround or can show I am wrong, please post.

Thanks,

Me

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 1760 of 1,775

What happened?

I thought I was the only one who didn't get FS2 on tv anywhere.

comcast Jessie you got some explaning to do?

It was announced on tv everywhere why announce it on tv everywhere if it's not availble.

to no one.

was it an error?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1761 of 1,775

Pharrell wrote:

Apologies. I am looking into this now with our California team to get clarification.

Where did you see/hear that Fox Sports 2 is available to you online and via mobile?  Thanks for any additional information that you are able to provide. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 1762 of 1,775

The new sticky thread about "New TV Anywhere Networks" mentions FS2. The problem is, does Comcast carry FS2 anywhere?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 1763 of 1,775
Comcast Jessie post on new tv every where channels mentions FS2.

I got all the channels he mentioned except that one.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 1764 of 1,775
We have FS2 here in Palm Beach county. In four years, I don't think I've watched one show on that network.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1765 of 1,775

Pharrell wrote:

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused here. That was not the intention. 

Fox Sports 2 is available via our app and online if you have this channel available and subscribed to in your channel lineup. Customers who have Fox Sports 2 in their current level of service now have the opportunity to view this channel online and via mobile devices via our XFINITY Stream app. We will make that distinction clearer in the other announcement.

The below is still accurate.

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1766 of 1,775

andyross wrote:

The new sticky thread about "New TV Anywhere Networks" mentions FS2. The problem is, does Comcast carry FS2 anywhere?

Got it, thanks!

And yes, Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in a few areas. In areas where we do carry FS2 and a customer has FS2 in their level of service, they can now view FS2 content online and on a mobile device using our XFINITY Stream app. We will make that distinction clearer in the other announcement.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1767 of 1,775

How do the 85-90% of All Comcast/Xfinity subscribers that don't have Fox Sports 2 as part of their Channel tiers Stream/watch Fox Sports 2 online?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1768 of 1,775

You would need to be receiving Fox Sports 2 as part of your subscribed channel lineup to access content online, Spiderbaggins.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1769 of 1,775

Spiderbaggins wrote:

How do the 85-90% of All Comcast/Xfinity subscribers that don't have Fox Sports 2 as part of their Channel tiers Stream/watch Fox Sports 2 online?

In a word (or two), we don't. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1770 of 1,775
Is there anyway we can get Fox Sports 2 added to our line up or at least added so we can watch it online? It has even ben removed from the fox sports go app for android.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1771 of 1,775

jc19904 wrote:
Is there anyway we can get Fox Sports 2 added to our line up or at least added so we can watch it online? It has even ben removed from the fox sports go app for android.

No. That's the answer.  Unless you have FS2 on your cable service, you aren't going to get it on-line.  This has been going on for years, this thread now 36 pages long, and by now, it's clear that it will never happen in our lifetimes.  Most of us have moved on, either to other providers (which is Comcast's suggestion if you are unhappy about their service; rather callous advice, if you ask me), or found online streaming services to watch the particular programs you want to see that would otherwise be availabile on FS2 (such as Le Mans, and the rest of the WEC season, IMSA, etc.)  It is my prediction that, since Fox will no longer cover FISA, there will be little to see on FS2 anyway, and it probably won't last long.  Fox thought they could instantly compete with ESPN, and all their channels, without considering that ESPN took years to build up it's offerings so that it needed an ESPN2.  FS2 is basically now used to shovel off races that go on too long on FS1, or other various niche sports.  Their vewership numbers for that channel don't even warrent expansion to the rest of the Comcast customers, yet they think they can command a high price for including it in everyone's line-up.  That's the hang-up and the reason Comcast will not, for any reason, offer FS2 to all of it's customers, no matter how many request it (which in the grand scheme of things, is a very low number, despite the number of posts on this thread)  If you already have FS2, it's because the cable company you had before Comcast bought it out had a contract with FUEL TV.  If you had FUEL TV with Comcast, you may have noticed it mysteriously dissappeared about six months before the launch of FS2.  So there you have it, 36 pages of requests, complaints, "solutions", etc. in a nutshell.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1772 of 1,775

I'd be happy if they would stop splitting the coverage between FS1 & FS2.  My big sport is Sports Car Racing, specifically long distance Sports Car Racing like LeMans, the Nurburgring 6 Hr, Daytona 24 hr and the Sebring (Fla) 12 hour race.  Fox or Comcast or whoever thinks it's acceptable to air the 1st part of a race on FS1 and the rest on FS2.   It's so frustrating to watch 5 hours of a 6 hour race on FS1 and the last HOUR is on FS2 or wait for the last hour to be aired the following Sunday!  A whole week!    Arrrrrgggg!  I guess I should happy they are showing it at all, but nooooo, they dropped the last hour so a Nascar race can ne shown.  Seems it would be better to just delay the Nascar race by an hour, but I doubt they even considered this option.   Actually the best option would be to provide FS2 to us on the internet or to make FS2 available on Comcast the same as FS1.  I know this is a wasted letter, Comcast has been bombarded by complaints like this for years with no movement or even response from a Official Employee.  I give up, I'm going to DTV.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1773 of 1,775

l_turn9 wrote:

I'd be happy if they would stop splitting the coverage between FS1 & FS2.  My big sport is Sports Car Racing, specifically long distance Sports Car Racing like LeMans, the Nurburgring 6 Hr, Daytona 24 hr and the Sebring (Fla) 12 hour race.  Fox or Comcast or whoever thinks it's acceptable to air the 1st part of a race on FS1 and the rest on FS2.   It's so frustrating to watch 5 hours of a 6 hour race on FS1 and the last HOUR is on FS2 or wait for the last hour to be aired the following Sunday!  A whole week!    Arrrrrgggg!  I guess I should happy they are showing it at all, but nooooo, they dropped the last hour so a Nascar race can ne shown.  Seems it would be better to just delay the Nascar race by an hour, but I doubt they even considered this option.   Actually the best option would be to provide FS2 to us on the internet or to make FS2 available on Comcast the same as FS1.  I know this is a wasted letter, Comcast has been bombarded by complaints like this for years with no movement or even response from a Official Employee.  I give up, I'm going to DTV.

LIke I've posted before, throughout this thread, if you are into the WEC, then get their app, pay $40.00 something dollars for the season, and you can watch all of the WEC races, uninterrupted by commercials, from start to finish (if you can stay awake for 24 hours).  It's definitly worth the price (heck of a lot cheaper than going to the races; at least for me).  I use the air-play to watch on my TV, as if it's being broadcast by a network.  THe differences is, like I mentioned before, no commercials, and the commentators actully know what they're talking about, thanks to Radio Le Mans.  If you miss some of the race, they replay it in hour long peices, so you can go over what you missed if say, you fell asleep.  6 hours of the Nurburgring was a great race last weekend.

For IMSA, if you want to see it live, get a VPN based in the UK, then you can watch the IMSA live stream, with the same commentary (John Hindaugh, Toby Moody, Alan McNish, and the rest of the Radio LeMans gang.) and no commercials either.  I also have a streaming package with Virgin Australia Supercars.  A lot of other series you can watch on Youtube as well (Blanpain Endurance Series, Hankook 24H series, Bathurst 12 hours etc.)  It's the future of TV, and Comcast hates it (which is why they are now limiting data usage; so pay for unlimited.)

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 1774 of 1,775
Big Nascar fan. For nearly four years now I've missed many practice and qualifying sessions but I can somewhat live with that...but now we have hit rock bottom.

The Eldora truck series heat races are on FS2 as I type this. Well, at least I'm told they are, I sure as heck can't see the channel. Very frustrating. I see a lot of people chiming in on Twitter and I love it!

Tweets of the year:

@JonSchantz: Will enjoy reading about it on twitter 🙄. amazing how Xfinity is a NASCAR partner yet they don't carry FS2? pathetic @comcast @comcastcares

@25jroller: Extremely disappointed w/ @NASCARONFOX and @NASCAR_Trucks bc I can't watch or steam Qualifying races bc i don't have FS2 bc I have @XFINITY

What a JOKE.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1775 of 1,775

To Markdartj - Wow - we're a lot alike!.  I really appreciate the advice.  I am trying to find the best way to cut the cable now and keep the internet and get better more focused content.

Thanks again - I will definitently give it a try!