New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1651 of 1,707
How many years have we been here begging for FS2? The answer is too many years. We are basically stuck with Xfinity/Comcast because of their internet speed is so fast.
So, until there is viable alternative with similar speeds, none of us will change.
Comcast knows that there will be some that will chatter away, but as long as we pay our bill, we really go no where.
My TV is secondary to my Internet. The ladies in my life watch the networks unceasingly.
I would rather read an e-book, surf the another country or look at a movie streamed or downloaded. Three or four years ago, I really wanted FS2. Now Xfinity Comcast I really could care less. If there worried about a nickel per subscriber, then forget about it. You can't miss what you never had.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1652 of 1,707

'Why doesn't Comcast carry Fox Sports 2?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1653 of 1,707

With the data cap in many Xfinity service areas, signing up for FOX Soccer2Go (which is the only contractually acceptable way someone using Xfinity internet can get some * FOX Sports 2 programming in many Xfinity areas, like the Twin Cities, Minnesota, area, as FOX Sports 2 is not available on Sling TV yet per FOX, and FOX Sports 2 don't do Roku yet at all)...

...given a choice between paying:

a) an extra $10 per month to get just FOX Sports 2 on my cable service, as a sports tier channel, not a standard channel (which is in line with an extra ESPN channel cost), or
b) an extra $50 per month for unlimited data on my Xfinity internet plus the $140 per year for a yearly subscription to FOX Soccer 2 Go - thus, approximately $62 + taxes per month

I would prefer a), will not do b), and thus, until Xfinity does add FOX Sports 2, can't do either.

Hey, Xfinity, it's more efficient for your technical systems for FOX Sports 2 fans to watch over the cable, rather than streaming over the internet, so by adding FOX Sports 2, you would save yourselves a lot of grief!  And you would make a lot of sports fans very happy!

* - FOX Soccer 2 Go doesn't seem to have any auto racing, so for auto racing fans, this doesn't help at all.  But FOX Soccer 2 Go does have lots of soccer, AND Aussie Rules football (select matches), AND Australian National Rugby League (last season they had every game, and I have not heard that will change this year).

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1654 of 1,707

Honestly. I'm in the Seattle market, as well. I know FS2 would do well out here. Please Comcast! Bring us FS2.

**And Bein Sports in English while you're at it!

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 1655 of 1,707

We pay for TV and Internet. Not TV or Internet. It seems ridiculous to have to watch games we're interested in on a computer. Not the same. Please add FS2 and BEIN in English.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1656 of 1,707

Ridiculous. I would pay extra for FS2.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1657 of 1,707

I've only got 1 week left and I am cutting the cord with Comcast.  We are moving and going with Wave Broadband (who offers FS1 and FS2).

The thing which has been most infuriating with this whole FS2 discussion, is that Comcast stated three years ago in their own press release when SPEED TV went away,  that both FS1and FS2 were coming to our channel lineups.   Here we are over three years later and still absolutely nothing.

I will not miss Comcast in the least.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1658 of 1,707

I'm outta here once my 1 year agreement is up.  No MavTV or FS2 on Comcast......ridiculous!    DirecTV has FS1,2 & MavTV, SlingTV has FS1 & 2 & Sony Vue also has FS1 & 2.  Comcast cannot tell me that FS2 would get lower rating than some of the (50 or so) junk channels I have.  This is typical big business whereby nothing gets done unless a meltdown occurs.    Xfinity pfffffffft     whooopy

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1659 of 1,707
C'mon Comcast, enough already! Add FS2 Richmond, Virginia is a soccer market. FiOS has it. Add it or lose us.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1660 of 1,707
Comcast will never add FS2 unless it takes over a provider that already offers it or buys out the provider like FIOS. Check the date on the first page of this thread, Comcast has no intention of adding FS2.
I have talked to Comcast directly through a link that was provided here and got the run around from there mouth piece after I filed a complaint to the FCC.
Your better off leaving if you can and are not stuck with them like most are.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1661 of 1,707
Maybe they will start carrying this year. They removed 3 fox college sports channels. There is enough room there for fox sports 2.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1662 of 1,707

Cshapa wrote:
C'mon Comcast, enough already! Add FS2 Richmond, Virginia is a soccer market. FiOS has it. Add it or lose us.

You can request until you are bleeding from ears......Comcast just doesn't give a ****.  If it's the Rolex 24 at Daytona you want to see, get a VPN from UK, then you can watch the entire race broadcast w/o commercial breaks and the Radio LeMans guys doing the commentary.  I'm watching it via my phone, air played to my TV.  This works for other programming you can't get in the U.S. too.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1663 of 1,707
We've been asking for FS2 for years but we'll never get it! I was hopeful when NASCAR teamed up with Xfinity but still nothing! All Comcast does is raise your bill & not give you what you want!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1664 of 1,707

They never fail to provide MTV and many similar channels but they can't give us FS2?  The Daytona 24 Hour race is going on today and the only option is IMSA radio and several teams offer in car cameras.  I have been unable to find IMSA radio and the in car camera;s get boring after a while - there is no commentary just the sound of the engine so you never know what's going on!  I want FS2 - I would gladly trade all my MTV and similar channels for one FS2!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1665 of 1,707
I still don't have FS2 in Annapolis MD. Can't watch 24 hours at Daytona except for 5 hours of it which will play from 1-3 on FS1, and the first 3 hour played on FOX yesterday. Great! Thanks for 5 hours of a 24 hour race that IS being broadcast on tv for 23 hours of its entirety. THANKS! $210 a month for everything except what I want to watch!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1666 of 1,707
It's been this way since 2013, are you not used to the fact that it will not happen?<br>Only way to view is to stream from a app and then to the TV.<br>Yes it blows big time but your in the majority with the rest of the country, P'O'd that Comcast will not add FS2
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1667 of 1,707

People, you are wasting your time posting as they are not adding Fox Sports 2 to the channel line up.  They don't add new

channels.  Its been several years since we've gotten any new HD copntent.   

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1668 of 1,707
I'm hoping that we will see new HD channels soon after mpeg4 transition is complete. I hope we see FS2. I can only keep hoping.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1669 of 1,707
I don't get it. No one on here seems to have FS2. But, I've had it since it started. Odd.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1670 of 1,707

Removed As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1671 of 1,707

My contract is almost up. Looking forward to switching to DirecTV so I can get the channels I want. Bye bye!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1672 of 1,707
News Corp launched Fox Sports 1 & 2 on August 17, 2013 ... as replacements for SpeedTV and FuelTV ... Comcast announces they'll sponsor the # 2 series of NASCAR on September 3, 2014 ... to be known as the NASCAR Xfinity Series ... beginning with the 2015 season ... News Corp dumps some of their NASCAR coverage (including the Comcast sponsored Xfinity Series) to Fox Sports 2 during the 2015 season ... Comcast (aka NBC / NBC Sports) announced they're going to be an official TV provider for NASCAR on July 23, 2013 for nine years ... beginning with the 2015 season & running through the 2024 season ... covering the Cup & Xfinity Series ... at a price of 50% more than what ESPN & TNT combined had paid for the 2007-2015 contract ... Though, some coverage was switched to FS1 when NBC / CNBC / MSNBC / NBCSN had scheduling conflicts ... It's obvious that TPTB at Comcast like NASCAR & auto racing in general as NBCSN also carries F1 / IndyCar / ARCA / NKNPS / etc ... The problem is the egos of TPTB won't allow them to carry FS2 (because said ego thinks "Well, they have FS1 & NBCSN and that should be enough to satisfy them") ... It's been 3 1/2 years since Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 were launched ... The NASCAR Xfinity Series title sponsorship contract starts it's 3rd season in less than 2 weeks ... C'mon, Comcast! WE are paying out the nose for you to sponsor the NASCAR Xfinity Series as well as be a TV partner of NASCAR ... STOP being so selfish / greedy and give us Fox Sports 2 (especially since you've pulled the plug on carrying the Fox College Networks and other channels) !!!!!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1673 of 1,707
Fox college sports channels have been back on service. It would be great if we can get FS2 now.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1674 of 1,707
Went back and checked fox college sports no longer work on tv, but the guide is still displayed and channels are still listed on the guide. They were back on tv few days ago. They are streaming these channels on xfinity tv mobile app and on PC.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1675 of 1,707

This was the response that I got from the "ComcastCares" Twitter account on 2/12/17 ...

"I do apologize for the inconvenience and we do appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your request. ~RD"

Unfortunately, this has been the EXACT SAME response that I've gotten everytime I've asked / complained about NOT having Fox Sports 2 since August of 2013 ...

The saddest part is that there's still a place on Foxsports.com and NASCAR.com to where you can send a request to your TV provider to ask them to carry it ... 3 1/2 yrs after the channel was launched ... 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1676 of 1,707

Yep, You are getting the standard comcast reply;  they say they cannot carry FS2 and blame it on someone else.  I fear they have worn us down.  After 4 years of asking and getting the same reply our numbers are slowly  reducing.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1677 of 1,707

Guess what I read today?  YouTube is launching a TV streaming service, much like Hulu.  What's notable is that FS2 is included. $35.00 a month!  An alternative to Direct TV, Dish, and Xfinity.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1678 of 1,707

Good luck with that. Now they aren't showing sprint cup qualifying either and if it is like it is were I LIVE IN nj NO ONE ELSE WILL  install anything in my area that competes with comcast. So like me you are probrably stuck.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1679 of 1,707

franks3591 wrote:

Good luck with that. Now they aren't showing sprint cup qualifying either and if it is like it is were I LIVE IN nj NO ONE ELSE WILL  install anything in my area that competes with comcast. So like me you are probrably stuck.

A practice that was supposed to air on FS1 yesterday was also switched to FS2. This is an ongoing urination contest between Fox and Comcast.  Considering that Fox wants as many people viewing its channels as possible, I'd say that the skunk at the garden party is Comcast.  Yeah, they really care, all right.  NOT.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1680 of 1,707

franks3591 wrote:

I'm in N.J., too -- know how you feel.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1681 of 1,707

The crazy and sad part about this is that Comcast (Xfinity) is paying "X" number of MILLIONS of dollars to SPONSOR an entire Nascar racing series......and yet they can't give their customers FS2, so their paying customers can WATCH all of that racing series.  I distinctly remember last year when an Xfinity series race had gotten rain delayed and Fox switched the Xfinity race broadcast from FS1 to FS2.  So here I am, a paying Xfinity customer and I couldn't watch the Xfinity series race because Comcast/Xfinity won't give us FS2 so I can watch their race.......unbelievable.  It's the height of irony. 

But I have to tell you as others have said, this has now been going on for 3 or 4 years.  So I think ALL of us are simply urinating in the wind on this subject.  Xfinity/Comcast is not listening nor do they care.  

This is a chess match between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast and we are simply the pawns on their chess board.  Fox wants to duplicate the success of ESPN, by creating FS1, FS2, FS3, etc., just like ESPN.  But that means cable/satelite companies have to carry those channels.  How does a channel get those companies to carry them?  USING the viewers as pawns to pressure those companies.  Trust me, there is enough blame to go around between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1682 of 1,707

All we are doing is adding our urine into the "urinating match" between Fox and Comcast.  You're right, both have blame, but Comcast is the ultimate gatekeeper.  Their cynical sponsorship of the Xfinity Series is just that.  They really don't care, as long as we keep paying our Comcast bill every month, which they know we will do because.....Internet.  Even the workarounds I've used to watch the programming I'm missing on FS2 require a robust and reliable internet connection, which as we all know, is provided by Comcast.  Even should I choose a new internet provider, Comcast won't care.  I'm what, 1/10,000,000th of their revenue stream.  That's like dropping a penny on the sidewalk....I won't be bothered to pick it up.  We can keep complaining on this forum, but nothing will happen.  We can contact Comcast executives, but nothing will happen.  So there you have it.  Comcast has what we want, even if we want more.  It (i can't use the word because Comcast won't let me) causes an intense area of low pressure, much like what we want in a vaccum cleaner.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1683 of 1,707

Yep.  Until thousands upon thousands of people start dumping Comcast, nothing will change.  

We've been fighting this battle since 2013 when Comcast told us that FS1 & FS2 were coming to the channel lineup when SPEED went away. 

I dumped Comcast back in January and now enjoy Wave Broadband which has FS1 & FS2 (both in HD).  I'm only 1 person, so unless a good portion of Comcast customers start dumping them for other providers nothing will change.  As Markdartj noted, we are just 1 penny that has fallen to the sidewalk and Comcast can't be troubled to pick it up.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1684 of 1,707
I'm still lost here. I've had both FS1 and FS2 on Comcast since Fox Sports started the two networks. Bought them out, converted them, whatever. What areas do you people live in that you don't have both Networks?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1685 of 1,707
I'm in Fremont, California. East Bay Area. 20 minutes from Silicon Valley- Technology Capitol of the U.S. go figure that out. Xfinity has strong armed the competition in my area. Only other possibility is the satellite companies as Uverse is very unreliable as per my neighbors
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1686 of 1,707

scottspencer76 wrote:
I'm still lost here. I've had both FS1 and FS2 on Comcast since Fox Sports started the two networks. Bought them out, converted them, whatever. What areas do you people live in that you don't have both Networks?

Well, in my case, I'm in the Pac NW.  The SF bay area is without, and not sure about SoCal market; but part of the problem is that Comcast has been less than forthcoming regarding what areas of the US have FS2.  If you do have FS2, you are in the minority, and even smaller minority if you have it in HD.  The only reason you do have FS2 is because of legacy contracts.  In the meantime the majority has to do without, even in standard def.  I cannot believe we had to miss quali in Vegas so we could watch a weigh in for a fight.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1687 of 1,707

Was your cable system bought out by Comcast?  If so the reason you have FS2 is because it was grandfathered in.  Other Comcast subscribers don't have it and Comcast has. I intention to add it.  But I do think it was weird watching qualifying yesterday (on satilight) and Xfinity had a paid add on FS2. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1688 of 1,707
I do not have FS2 in HD. Comcast bought out the market here 12-14 years ago. It's in SD, but I just use the Fox Sports app on Apple TV when I need to watch FS2. In fact, I use the app for FS1 on Apple TV too a lot as it overs multi live race cams.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1689 of 1,707

Like it has previously been stated.  If you DO have FS2, it's NOT because Xfinity/Comcast is giving it to some areas of the country and not others.  It's becasuse of legacy contracts.  That is when Xfinity/Comcast had previously bought out a cable provider and that cable provider ALREADY had a contract to carry FS2.  So in other words, if you are an Xfinity/Comcast customer and you have FS2, consider yourself both lucky AND in the extreme minority.

I have so many things tied to Xfinity/Comcast (internet, etc.) and there is only one other provider in my area any way.  So switching isn't really an option for me.  But several people have described ways they are watching FS2 through other means.  I keep reading where people are getting FS2 on their TV through this way or that way, even though Xfinity/Comcast isn't providing it.  Can we do some REAL good here and create a post that shares with everyone ALL the different possible ways of watching FS2?  The one downside that I haven't heard a workaround for is DVR.  I usually DVR Nascar practice/qualifying to watch when I want.  I don't know if there is a way to do that without actually getting the channel on your lineup.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1690 of 1,707
No way to DVR that I know of. Like I said, I usually use my Xfinity Login to watch both on the Apple TV as the viewing options are much better.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1691 of 1,707

This weekend, here's what is on Fox Sports 2:

Saturday, March 18

Noon, Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS2
1 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Weekend Edition, FS2
2:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS2

Sunday, March 19

1:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS2

People who had FuelTV got FoxSports 2 when it was launched in Aug 2013 ...

The pathetic thing about Comcast being schmucks is that there IS a slot in the 1000-1999 channels right after FoxSports 1 where they COULD put FoxSports 2 ... So, they cannot say "there's no room in the lineup" ... 

Whoever runs their Xfinity Racing twitter account needs to drop the attitude ... and stop acting as an nascar/comcast apologist ...

And to think ... News Corp had wanted to be the official Olympics TV partner (yet the vast majority of comcast customers don't have FS2 and would lose out on a buttload of Olympics coverage) ... 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1692 of 1,707

I have e-mailed xfinity said look into but ends there seem they not listening I wonder if you go direct tv would you get it we like NASCAR 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1693 of 1,707

The pathetic thing about Comcast being schmucks is that there IS a slot in the 1000-1999 channels right after FoxSports 1 where they COULD put FoxSports 2 ... So, they cannot say "there's no room in the lineup" ... 

Especially when you look at how many channels show up in more than one slot. And I'm not talking about SD/HD, either. I mean two or more identical channels in more than one space.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1694 of 1,707

Jokruse wrote:

I have e-mailed xfinity said look into but ends there seem they not listening I wonder if you go direct tv would you get it we like NASCAR 

My understanding is that Direct TV, at least in some areas, has FS2. You might want to check it in your area before you jump.

Statements from Comcast execs have been (re: FS2 and other channels) that if customers want a channel that Comcast declines to carry, they (the customers) are welcome to sign up with another service that carries the channel. Isn't that nice? You have their permission to take YOUR money and spend it elsewhere.

Comcast cares. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1695 of 1,707

same here i'm out once my contract is done.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1696 of 1,707

mrshvd3 wrote:

Especially when you look at how many channels show up in more than one slot. And I'm not talking about SD/HD, either. I mean two or more identical channels in more than one space.

To clarify the above, duplicate "mirrored" channels (like having HGTV HD or SD on two separate channels in the channel lineup) does not take up additional bandwidth.

The multiple channel locations are simply presented as an optional channel entry points for our customers. They take up no additional bandwidth.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1697 of 1,707
Hi Teds do you have any news if Bein sports HD is coming this year and FS2? I really can't believe we don't have it yet. Thank You.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1698 of 1,707

I think the closest to an answer on this topic, as it stands today [April 8, 2017], may be having to do with contracts and timing.

Perhaps for Fox Sports 2 (SD and/or HD) to get added by Comcast, it would be done on a national level. And that it hasn't been on Comcast systems (including my area, the market of Detroit, MIchigan) due to timing. Whenever the last contract was for Speedvision which became Speed Channel which became, as it is now, Fox Sports 1...what apparently was not included with Fuel TV which is now knows as Fox Sports 2.

If this is accurate, it is unfortunate for Comcast subscribers who really want carriage of Fox Sports 2. And cable-television providers have policy of not saying what may be coming, or if a negotiation is going, because some deals don't get reached...and that could be a negative to be sharing such information.

My feeling is that Comcast will get Fox Sports 2 with other related programming whenever the current contract (whatever the specific details) come up for renewal. I don't think Fox Sports 2 is not currently available because Comcast doesn't want to add Fox Sports 2. I think it has to do with the period when it was still Fuel TV.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1699 of 1,707
Sorry but your dreaming, it's been 4 years plus and still no FS2.
Won't happen and they don't care.
Check page 1 when this thread started.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1700 of 1,707

The details of the contract, last renewed for programming (like those under the Fox Sports umbrella), may have five years ago. (Comcast was indeed already carrying Speedvision/Speed Channel/Fox Sports 1.) They may have been seven years ago. I cannot know for fact how long ago that was. Customers are not going to know. You'd pretty much have to be an insider to know.

According to Wikipedia.org, Fuel TV became Fox Sports 2 on August 17, 2013. That was a little less than four full years ago. So, it is possible the last time such related programming was renewed, it did not include then-Fuel TV and, with its rebranding of a current Fox Sports 2, it may very well be in connection to my theory that this long wait it is due to contract/timing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_2