New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 51 of 1,707

Comcast will not carry Fox Sports 2 unless you call them.  The number to call is 877-824-2288

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 52 of 1,707

We shouldn't have to call if we post it in their forum.  Comcast add this channel

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 53 of 1,707
Fox Sports 2 is on Demand but the only shows that are available to watch are friggin UFC matches. Weak
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 54 of 1,707

I am a Comcast customer for more than 1 decade.  I really want Fox Sports 2...Please add it to my channels in the SF Bay Area!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 55 of 1,707

I just wish that FOX Sports 2 would replace FXX in the Sports Entertainment package. I bought the extra channels for sports programming, not FXX, which I will never watch.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 56 of 1,707

OMG!!!! This is absolute garbage that Comcast does not update their channel line up to have FOX Sports 2. For as much as they charge to not have channels available is completely unacceptable and once again showing their horrible customer service and concern of what their customers want and deserve. Comcast needs to listen to their paying customers or customers will become noncustomers.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 57 of 1,707
Comcast talks about customer satisfaction guarantee but they don't listen. As soon as Verizon Fios hits my neighborhood I am out!!!!! I'm a huge soccer & UFC fan and once again I'm disappointed with comcast and their inability to deliver.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 58 of 1,707

I was told by a Comcast employee at a Comcast store in Utah that Comcast was going to carry FS2 and it would take the place of the Fox Soccer Channel, channel 401 in Utah. I hope he wasn't lieing to me. COMCAST YOU NEED TO CARRY THIS STATION!!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 59 of 1,707

I live in West Orange New Jersey where we do get Fox Sports 1 but we don't get Fox Sports 2 it is a joke that we dont get Fox Sports 2 I have spoke with Comcast Xfinity via the Comcast Live Chat and asked several times about FS2 and they say we will update you soon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 60 of 1,707
I agree Fox sports 2 needs to be added to the lineup in Washington State. I assumed that since Comcast in Feb signed an agreements with Fox this would happen. Apparently not. I hate to miss NASCAR and Rolex racing that is now going to be on fox sports 2 and previously on Speed.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 61 of 1,707

I also would like to know why Fox Sports 2 is not being carried by Comcast in the Philly suburbs area. They carry every obscure channel that I have no interest in but don't have this one that I want. No excuse for this since they carry so many other niche channels.

Maybe it's time to switch to Fios.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 62 of 1,707

yea def a bunch of idiots over at comcast.  they spend millions trying to convince us they are all about customer service, but their actions obviously show otherwise.  really going to look into switching to something else, no choice.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 63 of 1,707

For all those wondering about FS2, you need to ask yourself: How much extra will it cost? From what I've read, Fox is charging double for FS1 than what they charged for Speed, and that will nearly double again over the next year or so. I doubt if FS2/Fuel is going to be given away for free.

I'd bet that most everybody complaining about not having a channel will be the first in line complaining about the price increase needed to pay for it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 64 of 1,707
Well since they already pass the price increases on to the customers, a 'sports package' should include sports channels not just Espn 1-4! Gimme break
Posted by
Visitor

Message 65 of 1,707
I love Sports, there are like 1,000 channels of which I watch maybe 20. Put some more sports on please!!! I was ready to leave xfinity because they didn't have fuel which was showing a ton of UFC
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 66 of 1,707

I have/had requested Fuel TV many times in the past, and now with the switch over to Fox Sports 2 Comcast needs to provide this channel more than ever.  as stated by posters previously for the fees and charges that are billed every month by Comcast there is no reason for Fox Sports 2 to not be available.  I am a huge motorcycle racing fan and Fox Sports 1 does a huge slap in the face to us all by airing all three MotoGP races live from Indianapolis on the opening weekend of the network to try and keep viewers, then goes and decides to air Moto3 races on Fox Sports 2 for the rest of the season and hardly cover MotoGP or Moto2 on FS1 whatsoever.

This is complete BS and a huge disservice to customers, especially those where Comcast has a monopoly on cable television (Tallahassee, FL) but if need be I will switch over to Dish or DirectTV.

It makes no sense that I cant receive FS2, but LOGO, Oprah and Style channel are readily available.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 67 of 1,707

I've already posted several times on this thread.  Here's the deal:  Comcast does not use these forums for feedback, they merely moniter them to keep trolls out and such.  If you want FOX SPORTS 2, you need to contact COMCAST.  Any post here or elsewhere in these forums is just preaching to the choir.  COMCAST will not do anything until enough people contact them.  I've already done so, till I'm blue in the face.  Now it's your turn.

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 68 of 1,707

Add me to the list of those waiting

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 69 of 1,707

Tweet it! Comcast monitors tweets

Posted by
Visitor

Message 70 of 1,707

I'm just figuring all this out.  Big race in Atlanta this weekend (NASCAR) and Friday coverage on FS! DOES include practice and qualifying.  BUT...Check it out on NASCAR.com... Saturday, EVERYTHING Nationwide and Cup is on FS2 during the day.  NO truck series practice or qualifying is being shown at all, (maybe because its in Canada?).  Come on, no truck qualifying.  The trucks is a great series.  It should only make sense that when Fox started the process of buying into SPEED and FUEL, that Comcast needed to negotiate for FS2.    It's not just NASCAR, all the racing is about gone.  As a racing family, it was hurtful to see SPEED go away.  And all the great shows like Wind Tunnel.  We need FS2 in the lineup.  It's time to negotiate for it to become part of the Comcast lineup or we have to find someone who will provide all of it. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 71 of 1,707
Yes, I know....Basically NO coverage of our beloved NASCAR Series is available any longer for Comcast customers. You would think that NASCAR would definitely care as we keep hearing about lack of interest. Also, the SPONSORS are losing out from advertising on cars and well.....should I say it.....all their commercials! Maybe we need to use this tactic and call, email these guys. Comcast is not interested. I have an Email from the Sr VP office of Comcast in response; just could care less. Told me to go back and contact local Comcast office!!!! Also, the drivers should care and help in this...in getting us FS2. They are losing as fans are so frustrated it won't be long before we just say "never mind" as the stress is just not worth it.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 72 of 1,707

I have called them and done 2 internet chats with them.  I have always watched NASCAR practices/Qualifying because I do multiple Fantasy Racing (please don't laugh) money games.  It is critical to get all the information you can prior to setting your lineups.  So disappointed in Comcast and the Fox Sports Network not having Fox Sports2 and Fox putting racing on FS2 where a lot of the country does not have it.  As soon as I close on my house, I am ditching Comcast and it is solely over this issue.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 73 of 1,707
I live near Boston, and I've been a loyal Comcast customer for over five years, paying over 200 bucks a month, and I have the sports package. Ill leave if I don't get Fox sports 2 I love xfinity so much but its a shame we get unimportant channels instead of fox sports 2. I honestly hope Comcast is working on this.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 74 of 1,707

I don't want to be misguided.  I think my next move is voicing my opinion to Fox because they have chosen to chop up the NASCAR coverage and lose most of the other racing like F1.  Don't want to blame Comcast for that.  I'm sure Comcast was not totally aware of how the SPEED and FUEL channels programming would be used after the takeover.  But I would think Comcast would be proactive now at least after the fact that we've seen what is being done to the racing coverage, that they will consider FS2 in the programming lineup.  Definately have to tell Fox they are doing a horrible disservice to NASCAR and the sponsors.  And the truck series is really going to be hurt.  NASCAR Raceday was only an hour last couple of weeks.  I too watch whatever practices and qualifying I can for a fantasy league, but I am mainly a lifetime fan.  I am old.  I was at Daytona when it was still on the beach.  So I mean a long lifetime.  My dad raced real old time cars, too, in the 50's.  I am an hour from the Atlanta Speedway.  If I can get down there, I need to make a sign saying 'Fox Sports - We need more racing on TV, not less!'

Posted by
Contributor

Message 75 of 1,707
Hi MissySilver, just an FYI that I have Emailed the programming managers and Communication Director AND called leaving Messages at FOX Sports without a reply from anyone. I hope you have better luck. Really! I miss All the NASCAR programming AND Formula 1 as well as Live IndyCar and ALMS, etc. why Comcast s not responding to me and all of us is unclear. Either tell us they are working on getting FS2 in the line up or...not. I cannot get AT&T Uverse in my state, so looking at Direct TV or Dish..one of them has it. Had Comcast since 1977.... But I will switch over this. You have Racing in your blood from your dad....so do I!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 76 of 1,707

After my own heart, RacingGirl!  I was looking at Dish and to get both FS1 and FS2 you need their highest premium package, but it is doable.  Hubby doesn't like satelite.  We had DirectTV once.  It was the rain interference that made reception problems.  Racing is the main thing we watch.  Some of the other posters on the forum have pointed out where the other series can be found.  ILLINIWIZARD wrote a good post.  Check them out.  

My mission, 1.) lobby for FS2 on Comcast and 2.) tell Fox Sports they are alienating a large segment of the racing audience.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 77 of 1,707

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Atleast the UFC announced on wednesday night that all future prelims would be on FS1 because they heard from the thousands of fans that have comcast and can't get FS2.

Comcast has been completely non-responsive to all the requests for Fuel TV/FS2

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 78 of 1,707

I am an ardent NASCAR fan. I CANNOT believe first of all that Fox doesn't find it important enough to at least keep the events that we are used to watching on Fox Sports 1. But now Comcast doesn't find it important enough to broadcast Fox Sports 2 at all. All the other providers are providing FS2. So tomorrow will be my first day in 8 years of not watching NASCAR. Comcast might just be losing yet another customer to Direct TV.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 79 of 1,707
Its not Fox its Comcast. When Fox signed with Comcast they thought they would be getting 54 million customers for FS1 & FS2 Comcast is holding out extending FS2 to subscribers that didn't already have Fuel TV, which is most of us. You can't blame Fox, its all Comcast' fault
Posted by
Contributor

Message 80 of 1,707
I just sent an email to NASCAR to ask them to put pressure on Fox to not schedule NASCAR on fox sports 2 or do something about comcast. If UFC can get a change on scheduling why not NASCAR. Maybe if all NASCAR and racing fans contact them we can get some action. I figured it couldn't hurt to try this.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 81 of 1,707

I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO CARRY FOX SPORTS 2 IAM A NASCAR FAN ALSO!

THANK YOU

Posted by
Contributor

Message 82 of 1,707
I have the "Sports Package" paying extra with Comcast. Fuel TV initially years ago was not offered in my area...so yeh Comcast, what about it? When I called to ask again about Fuel TV to see if there was an update and it could be in this package yet...oh NO. Wish I knew why guys while ago on FS1 during NASCAR qualifying keep saying FS2 is available on all cable networks?!?! I email them that it is NOT. Fox paying them to say it is?! Comcast needs to add it soon. It was promised. They are raising their rates as usual soon too. We need all motorsports.coverage back LIVE like SPEED gave us. FS2 could at least let us LiveStream.....
Posted by
Contributor

Message 83 of 1,707
Just emailed NASCAR as well at fanfeedback@nascar.com. Just want all of you to know this is a good email address as I immediately got the automated reply that they thanked me for email and say they read each one they receive. Everybody email them like NWracefan suggested...... I will email them every day!
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 84 of 1,707

Comcast,we all need Fox Sports 2..Nascar sold us out for Fox.I'm sure everyone liked Speed Channel. PLEASE look into getting all of us Fox Sports 2

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 85 of 1,707

There seems to be a lot of people finding Fox Sports 1 a huge mistake - are you listening Comcast?  All the great programs and Nascar coverage Speed Channel offered was great - and it's gone.  Those of us who are "car people" now have nothing to watch.  And then to find out Comcast doesn't carry Fox Sports 2 is just adding fuel to the fire. We think the FOX network people really screwed up with their decision to take away the SPEED Channel.   

Posted by
Visitor

Message 86 of 1,707

add me to the list ..so mad comcast doesn't carry fox 2..missing all nascar this weekend..this truly sucks...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 87 of 1,707

I Agree  100%......fix it now, Comcast!!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 88 of 1,707

I'm furious that FS2 isn't on our lineup.  Time to switch to dish network.  all these channels and not what I want to watch.  No coverage of NASCAR all day today.  Ruined my weekend Comcast!  No response to anyone on this thread either.  Been with them since they started in CT.  Time to switch.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 89 of 1,707

Hey Comcast...........

Everyone here would like answers.

When will FOX SPORTS 2 Be available to your customers??

If you have no plans on offering it to your customers just say soo

Direct TV is looking better and better.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 90 of 1,707

ya it really sux that there is no speed channel another political ploy by the foxsux group

Posted by
Visitor

Message 91 of 1,707

I miss speed tv, losing all interest on nascar because you can't watch it like before.. don't like fox sports 1, it's not at all interesting to me, I want my old speed channel back. We pay enough money to the cable companies and keep getting less, time to give people what they want.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 92 of 1,707

Does anybody know if FIOS offers FS2?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 93 of 1,707

OK, just checked, they do, goodbye comcast...... Oh yeah, for $90.00 a month for 2 yrs i'm saving lots of money!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 94 of 1,707

If Comcast dosen't add Fox Sports 2 by 2015 when Fox Sports and NBC Sports take over NASCAR TV contracts Fox Sports and Fox Sports 1 will air the first 16 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races and NBC and NBC Sports Network will air the finial 20 races along with the ten chase races that also includes the NASCAR Nationwide Series Races as well because you would have too think that Fox Sports would move some practice and Qualfying Sessions like they are now Comcast and Fox Sports have too wake up and strike a deal too add FS2 too our chanel lineups it took Comcast and ESPN too add ESPNU too the fold

Posted by
Visitor

Message 95 of 1,707

Comcast is not interested in what we say on this forum.

The only way to send a message is to drop comcast and change over to an alternate provider. 

Its actually not Comcast's fault that FS1 was created.  UFC was failing on Fuel TV, it failed to bring enough viewiers to make it worth the money for Comcast to pay the 0.23 cents per household or what ever.

so Fox knew they had an established station in speedtv that was in every home, so they used that as a trojan horse to create a new money making fake ESPN .called fs1  The only racing they will cover in the future is NASCAR since that is the only one ESPN covers.  FS2 is just Fuel and Fox can now let that one die since they are copying ESPN, and ESPN only shows the big races... for all other race fans just remember how bad Fox is, remember how they treated people in England, and remember, they dont give a bleep about us, nor does Comcast.

So speak with your wallet, ditch comast, ditch fox...  Speed was a small channel but for auto guys it was important.  pass time, nascar hub, dave despain's wind tunnel, nascar qualifying and practices..fox sports 1 is already a fail, fox sports 2 will never be on comcast, and fox will not clone espn's 0.80 cents per household..

Posted by
Visitor

Message 96 of 1,707

Comcast release at:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports/2013/08/15/are-you-ready-for-fox-sports-1-and-2/

under the title it states

"XFINITY customers: FOX Sports 1 and 2, the newest sports networks from FOX, are headed your way. "

Then the whole release refers only to Fox Sports 1! Bizarre.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 97 of 1,707

When will Fox Sports 2 be aired in NH??

Posted by
Contributor

Message 98 of 1,707
Just spoke with Support guy and there is STILL no word for FS2. All he could say was it was available in Houston and someplace in California. He will make a report....lots that will do huh! Told him multi-thousands of long time Comcast customers will be switching if it is not in place for all of us by end of September. I had also called as now there could be a problem with NFL Redzone as it's not showing up in menu/guide for this Sunday.......he had no answer. I have Sports package. This is really put of control....
Posted by
Contributor

Message 99 of 1,707

Absolutely pathetic!!

This is what happens when a corporation gets so big it stops being accountable to its customers.

Though they just started airing a commercial with Brian Urlacher dissing Direct TV and how much it will cost you, but claiming that Xfinity has the "most live sports", really?

Maybe We should find a law firm that will file a class action suit against Xfinity for false claims?

What do think?

All this outcry over the unavailability of FS2 and NO Response from Comcast, that speaks volumes.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 100 of 1,707
Maybe ..... NEXT ..... Season >>>>> is the "unofficial official" word from Comcast as of just now. It costs too much for Comcast to carry is reason I was given; not enough viewers to pay for it. SO next year..February before Daytona....unless they change their attitude...see ya Comcast!