Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 451 of 1,694 (8,897 Views)

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

The obvious answer is two fold

a) Comcast own NBC and therefore the Fox channels are competition. 

b) Comcast dont give a toss about customer service

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 452 of 1,694 (8,674 Views)

It's difficult to understand how broadcasting is all about money. I completely agree with the Comcast customers about short changing us on the motorsports broadcasts and now the FCC has but blocks on duplicate broadcasts from CBS in the South Eastern Mass area (Fall River) and I have to watch a Providence Rhode Island station that the audio drops off constantly and can't watch WBZ Boston (who's audio doesn't drop) in HD but in SD.  UNREAL!!!!!!   Get with it Camcast we all pay "MORE" than enough.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 453 of 1,694 (8,808 Views)

Don't feel bad! I only pay $200+ every month & they don't give two cents for my business!!! Let's see what they say come March or April when I contact them to cancel the television portion of my service? I'll wait until NASCAR starts to really crank up & if they have not seen the light by then, they can kiss my grits!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 454 of 1,694 (9,348 Views)

Dear ctstreetrodder: I have the same plan as you and I bet thee are a lot of us waiting until March/April to see what Comcast is going to do. I hold out hope that Fox will be better about the scheduling.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 455 of 1,694 (9,683 Views)

fox sports2

it would be nice to get foxsports2 as there is many race fans that like to watch racing that not on any other channel i am one thats not really happy that they wont carry that channel if i can find away to go with another carrier i will be doing it unless they add more channel with out rising the bill direct tv is way less than comcast with way more channels

Posted by
Contributor

Message 456 of 1,694 (9,513 Views)

Re: fox sports2

Comcast add foxsports 2, beinsportplay streaming and you'll increase your profits. So many more people would sign up for the sports and entertainment package. Come on do not just take our money, give us what we want
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 457 of 1,694 (9,480 Views)

Re: fox sports2

That would make sense socccermaster and we can't have that w/o some sort of twist!!!!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 458 of 1,694 (9,306 Views)

Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2? Dose Comcast have a reasion for not carring it?

What do we have to do to get Comcast to do this simple addition?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 459 of 1,694 (10,284 Views)

Just received our newest line up for this coming year in the So. NH region.  NO FOX SPORTS 2!!  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 460 of 1,694 (11,080 Views)

@rcbrown: Send an email to Comcast Ecare (ecare@comcast.com) once a week. I've been doing it for six months now, and still no joy. It's a numbers thing. There have been headlines on the internet saying that motorsports are getting higher ratings than the NBA, and NHL, so maybe comcast will listen. Five hours of primetime coverage of the Rolex 24 at Daytona were shunted onto FS2. I complained to IMSA about it and received a reply saying "Fox sports is aggressively increasing access to FOX SPORTS 2 over the next year, so maybe some hope there. Since Comcast owns NBC (along with NBCsports), they are in competition with FOX. I really don't think they want FS1 and FS2 to succeed, so are embargoing FS2 to millions of potential viewers. I really don't think they care about the viewer's experience, both with the product and with their customer service. By the way, COMCAST only monitors this forum for bad words, and once and a while COMCAST TED does a post, but making requests here really does little good. Comcast provides this forum as a place for it's many ticked off customers to blow off steam without having to tie up a customer representative on the phone. It doesn't really work.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 461 of 1,694 (19,869 Views)

So far this forum only works if you have technical issues but as far as getting channel lineups changed or added,Foxsports2, it is completely USELESS! Only a place to vent and that's it. You want Foxsports2 ? Not on Comcast
Posted by
Visitor

Message 462 of 1,694 (19,810 Views)

I just chatted with Comcast and this was the chat session dialog:

JUSTIN: My Issue: Why isn't Fox Sports 2 in my channel lineup?

analyst Joanne has entered room

Joanne: Hello JUSTIN, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Joanne. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Joanne: I apologize you are experiencing issues with your Digital Television service. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this.

Joanne: Justin, may I know when did the issue start?

JUSTIN: I just want to know why Fox Sports 2 isn't in my channel lineup.

Joanne: Let me check this for you, Justin, may I know what are you seeing on Fox Sports 2?

JUSTIN: On February 12, 2013 that Comcast announced the agreement with Fox the carry FS1 & FS2 and here 12 months later we still don't have FS2.

Joanne: Oh wow, are you seeing an error message on FS2?

JUSTIN: I'm not seeing anything on FS2

JUSTIN: FS2 isn't in my channel lineup.

JUSTIN: Am I missing something?

Joanne: I see, Justin, let me check what channel is FS2 in your area.

Joanne: Justin, are you able to access Fox Sports 1?

JUSTIN: Okay.

JUSTIN: Yes...I can see FS1

Joanne: I see, I am unable to see FS2 on the channel line up for your area.

JUSTIN: Why?

JUSTIN: That's ridiculous!

Joanne: Do not worry, Justin. Here is what we are going to do, we are going to create a request to make the channel available in your so that Comcast would examine the channel lineup in your area and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that you want the most. Will this be a good resolution for our chat session?

JUSTIN: Sure...if the end result is that I get FS2.

JUSTIN: As much as Comcast charges for cable I should get every channel available in Comcast's portfolio of channels.

Joanne: Thank you, Justin, do not worry, you are a valued customer and we would make sure that you get the channels that you want the most. Is it okay if I get the best call back number so that our higher fix team can call you when they are finally able to get Fox Sports 2 for you?

Joanne: You are correct, Justin! Do not worry, we would make sure that our upper management will hear this out.

JUSTIN: I appreciate your help

Joanne: Thank you, Justin, I will note that down so that our team can reach you.

JUSTIN: In all honesty do you think this chat session will have any impact on whether or not I get FS2?

Joanne: You are most welcome, you are a valued customer and your time is important to me.

Joanne: Definitely, Justin, you are our customer and your wants and needs are important to us.

Joanne: We would do everything to keep you as a customer!

Joanne: I have successfully created a channel request for Fox Sports 2, Justin!

Joanne: Kindly secure this ticket number as reference for our chat session:020500681

Joanne: Do you have questions regarding the channel request, Justin?

JUSTIN: Great...hopefully I will have FS2 in my channel lineup soon.

Joanne: I assure you that we will make this available in your area, Justin! Thank you for bringing this concern to us!

JUSTIN: How long will it take for me to receive FS2?

Joanne: We cannot speculate yet, but we have already sent a request to make it available and I assure you that they can make it available, Justin. We just need the programmers some time to make the channel available in the area.

Joanne: I searched if there were any restrictions regarding FS2 but there is none so we just need to talk to the programmers.

Joanne: Is there anything else that I can help you with today? I will be more than willing to help you further if there's one.

JUSTIN: great...then it should be a simple process

JUSTIN: no...I guess you and I are done here.

Joanne: That is certain, Justin! Thank you so much for letting us know about this concern!

Joanne: Thank you!

Joanne: We got you covered, Justin!

Joanne: You are a valued customer and it is my pleasure to assist you today!

Joanne: Take care wherever you are!

Joanne: Thank you for letting me create a channel request for Fox Sports 2 to be available in your area as a resolution for our chat session, Justin!

Joanne: Have a great day ahead!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 463 of 1,694 (19,800 Views)

Justin,

This is the usual "company line" to get you of the phone. As they say in Comcast Call Centers "Turn & Burn!". Just a litlle inside knowledge!!!! Sounds like you got a "Contract Call Center"! The thing I noticed about your chat contact is that she "Almost" has learned the English language!!! It is all about the dollar bill & Comcast doesn't give a pile of Bovine Scatology about you as a customer. Their one and only concern is the financial bottom line! UNTIL & ONLY UNTIL they see a reduction in the bottom line, will you see FS2!!!! Vote with your feet! As I've posted here before, I'll give them until the first couple of months of the NASCAR season to give me 100% access or I'm spending my money someplace else!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 464 of 1,694 (19,780 Views)

I have had 3 online chats with Comcast over the last year,and that sounds just like the way my chats have gone. I still do not have FS2 and I bet if I had a chat with them today it would sound just like your chat did. I have an appointment tomorrow with Directv and they way they talked when I had them on the phone,they would pay what ever Comcast would charge for me to cancel early. Drictv has all the channels I am wanting and is $34.99 for the first year then it goes up to $39.99 for the 2nd year. That is less then half what Comcast is charging now. The only thing with a dish here in Utah is all the snow and loss of signal when it gets covered with snow. So they are coming out to see if there is a place they can put it that I can get to it easy if I need to clean it off. Have to see how it goes!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 465 of 1,694 (19,693 Views)

Fox Sports 2

I confirmed that Fox Sports 2 was in your line-up before I switched from Dish.  Now that I have Xfinity, I've found you don't have it.  Please add Fox Sports 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 466 of 1,694 (19,579 Views)

Re: Fox Sports 2

YEP! Build ya up then hit ya down!!!!!! 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 467 of 1,694 (19,514 Views)

For those wanting to know what station or stations will be showing Nascar at Daytona Starting Friday the 14th his is a list for you.https://www.facebook.com/notes/nascar-chat-buddies/daytona-schedule/641097589280445

Posted by
Visitor

Message 468 of 1,694 (19,451 Views)

The FA Cup and Champions League football (soccer in the U.S.) are on FOX Sports 2!! Please add to channel lineup as soon as possible.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 469 of 1,694 (19,301 Views)

I would also like to see Comcast hurry up and add Fox Sports 2 HD and Fox Soccer Plus HD. As these two channels have the vast majority of the Champions League and FA Cup matches. Fox Sports 1 only has one match from each competition, so we're missing out on over 75% of the action thanks to Comcast. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 470 of 1,694 (19,196 Views)

Sports channel subscriptions

I pay EXTRA $$ to get the sports package and do not get the FOX SPORTS 2.

It is race season and half the races are on #2. Paying for a service without all channels is a budget killer.

Cable is already too expensive with channels that nobody wants to watch, we should get channels that we want to watch.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 471 of 1,694 (22,517 Views)

Good news. Comcast wants to buy time Warner cable.. Now if they do not give us foxsports 2 and beinsport play it will be a clear proof of customer loss by the merger and their merger could not go forward. That would be so clear as time warner already offers both products. They got themselves in a bind there..
Posted by
Visitor

Message 472 of 1,694 (22,437 Views)

Comcast is a pathetic company. Not even a single rep can come to this thread and talk to ANY of their paying customers. 

I'm switiching to COX. COMCAST SUCKS

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-14-2014 08:57 AM

Contributor

Message 473 of 1,694 (22,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
And, its just not on this forum that they won't answer any of us, I've posted the question at least 3 times on their facebook page as to when Fox Sports 2 will be added to the line-up as they promised in the first sentance of their press release last August:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports/2013/08/15/are-you-ready-for-fox-sports-1-and-2/

Not one reply yet......
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 474 of 1,694 (22,393 Views)

fox sports 2

any news on adding this channel to our lineup?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 475 of 1,694 (22,371 Views)

Re: fox sports 2

I hear that Time Warner may be bought by comcast (nothing like a monopoly to control pricing).  Apparently, in my area, Time Warner does carry FS2.  We'll see what happens. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 476 of 1,694 (22,294 Views)

Still No Fox Sports 2

Feb 15, 2014 Dallas Supercross shows LIVE on Fox Sports 2 - just not on Comcast.  Step up Xfinity and add this channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 477 of 1,694 (22,218 Views)

Amen to that. We need that channel. Wonder why they don't offer it?!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 478 of 1,694 (22,015 Views)

It would be nice to just get an answer. Timing? Why don't they already offer it? Missing big soccer games today because if this. Tired of the poor customer service.
Posted by
Edited on
‎02-15-2014 08:57 AM

Visitor

Message 479 of 1,694 (21,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
Ch. 741 is FS2 in florida. Check your 700 suite of channels.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 480 of 1,694 (21,921 Views)

Ojr12, what is your Florida location? Here in the Englewood area, 741 is a NFL channel.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 481 of 1,694 (21,894 Views)

Ft. Lauderdale
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 482 of 1,694 (21,817 Views)

The information that I've been able to get, is that Comcast will only have FS2 available in "certain" markets! When asked about their press release I was told to go and read it, as to, if they said they would carry FS2 vs carrying it in "ALL" markets. As they stood there with that little smile and said "Well we didn't lie did we?", we are carrying it!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 483 of 1,694 (21,591 Views)

OK....

Since Comcast hasn't responded on this thread, and they don't seem to car about their customers, the best thing for Comcast is for them to not be able to merge with Time Warner....

This is an official invitation for Comcast to start to carry Fox Sports 2 as a showing of good will, otherwise, everyone who feels that they have received poor service due to this issue needs to complain to the Federal Government agencies in charge of approving the merger - specifically the FCC and the Justice Department....

Lucky for me, I didn't sign any sort of long term contract with Comcast, so I am just going to cancel and move over to DISH - as they carry the things I need- Pac12 Sports, Fox Sports 1, and Fox Sports 2  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 484 of 1,694 (21,562 Views)

Directv has a better deal then Dish,and has all the channels you will ever want

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-15-2014 08:26 PM

Visitor

Message 485 of 1,694 (21,298 Views)

Fox Sports 2

[ Edited ]

Part of the 2014 Supercross races are on Fox Sports 1. Tonight's race in Texas is on Fox Sports 2 which is not offered in Indiana. It is offered in Florida. Yes, I can watch the replay on Fox Spoorts 1 on Monday but I want to see the live broadcast tonight. I pay a lot for this Triple play package and feel left out. Comcast needs to fix this. Bring Fox Sports 2 to Indiana TV. No, it is not listed as a network I can watch on my PC on the Xfinity website like yours techs tried to tell me. Hold on a minute. I clicked on Reply to thank everyone for posting and a message popped up that I accepted a solution. What the hay?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 486 of 1,694 (21,280 Views)

This is such bologna... I pay top dollar to stay with Xfinity/ Comcast in Colorado and I can't get Fox Sports 2.  Come on Xfinity please fix this!!

Frustrated in Colorado

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 487 of 1,694 (21,386 Views)

There is a better chance of getting it added using the twitter feeds, xfinity tv and xfinity sports also foxsports since this thread/forum is basically useless unless you have a technical problem to fix. Getting channels added or removed might have a chance there but here...nope.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 488 of 1,694 (21,378 Views)

and why there is a dumb line thru my message???? lame forums

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 489 of 1,694 (21,366 Views)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, makes one wonder!!!!! 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 490 of 1,694 (21,237 Views)

This totally sucks that we are going to miss the supercross race.  Why can't Comcast provide this?  Pothetic!  All the money in the world to go buy Time Warner, but not enough sense to provide service for Fox Sports 2.  Get with the program Comcast!  Guess i will be going to a friends house to watch on their DIRECTV!!  Perhaps i should get Directv too......

Posted by
Visitor

Message 491 of 1,694 (21,224 Views)

comcast - when can we expect Fox Sports 2 to be added to our line up?

thx

Posted by
Visitor

Message 492 of 1,694 (21,216 Views)

This is also true of UEFA Champions League and Europa League.  A substantial number of Association Football games are broadcast only on Fox Sports 2 network which is not avAILABLE TO ME.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 493 of 1,694 (21,195 Views)

This is not Solved/ Fix it! Where is Comcasts response? I only see other paying customers sharing my grief.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 494 of 1,694 (21,194 Views)

Hold on a minute. I clicked on Reply to thank everyone for posting and a message popped up that I accepted a solution. What the hay?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 495 of 1,694 (21,179 Views)

Fox Sports 2 and Mav TV in Seattle

When is comcast going to be like the satellite providers and offer these channels in the Seattle area. We are missing out on a lot of motorsports
action because of this. I just moved from AK and my cable provider had these channels in their lineup.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 496 of 1,694 (20,799 Views)

I concur!  This year AMA has decided to work with Fox Sports to televise Supercross.  Unfortunately, they won't televise all the Supercross events on FS1.  Some events are on FS2 and some are on FS1.  I can't believe that we pay all this money for cable and can't watch the things we want to watch, when we want to watch them.  Is this not America?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 497 of 1,694 (20,735 Views)

Once again I find a match that is broadcast on Fox Sport 2 which is not carried by Comcast.  While I know you've got big concerns about the merger with Time Warner these two are related.  Your refusal to carry Fox Sports 2 is evidence of your effort to control the market of available programming.  While the merger doesn't make Comcast the dominant deliverer of programming, it makes it of sufficient size that it can further control available programming.  Perhaps COmcast customers should jump to another carrier that has Fox Sport 2 to show their displeasure.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 498 of 1,694 (20,598 Views)

First! I'm not a fan of Comcast. BUT you must keep in mind that the lack of FS2 is not system wide. There are many markets that Comcast has made FS2 available. Problem for the remaining subscribers that want FS2 is to find how & who to contact to make our views known. This is our main problem. Also not a problem unique to Comcast. Just about every cable provider is insulated from it's subscribers. Power does not corrupt, ABSOLUTE POWER absolutely corrupts. The ONLY time that you can get through to the cable provider is when there is a "viable" alternative in the area. In my area (Southwestern Florida) the only viable competition is Verizon Fios. Problem is that Verizon does not have 100% coverage and has no plans of expanding "in the near future"! The satelite systems have their own problems (depending on your location) with storm clouds blocking their signals. In Southwest Florida that is a major concern because of the amount of heavy rain and thunder storms that pass thru our area on a daily basis, 7 months out of the year.  We are a die hard NASCAR family, if not for that I would be putting up an outside antenna and be happy with that. The other neat thing about the over the air stations is that they a TRUE HD & not the downgraded stuff you get on cable!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 499 of 1,694 (20,558 Views)

It makes no sense. We should at least be able to go on line and watch. I missed Liverpool

and Asenal today but was able to watch Everton and Swansea. Were is the logic there? 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 500 of 1,694 (16,436 Views)

Can we organize a mass calling in and complain. Phone call after phone call