Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 201 of 1,608 (5,303 Views)

Re: Fox Sports 2

Sorry John, Kyle, Larry, Kenny. I won't be seeing you on Charlotte
Raceday. You're on FS2 and Comcast doesn't carry.
I'll be switching to Frontier asap.
Highlighted
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 202 of 1,608 (4,585 Views)

Fox Sports 2

Does comcast plan to offer FOX Sports 2 anytime soon to the Utah County Market?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ammon Carlson

Posted by
Contributor

Message 203 of 1,608 (5,288 Views)

Thats cool JMC I checked it to it too and it is about $85 cheaper then what my comcast is costing me,and I get the channels I want. They are coming to talk to me on Friday.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 204 of 1,608 (5,303 Views)

Just got off phone with Comcast. Of course, got the run around again...and there is no word about FS2 at all. I see on Internet FS2 will be covering 3.5 hours Live Coverage of the Cup Supercross out of Las Vegas. Oct 19th.....And......we can't watch it. I see someone here is lucky to move to a service called Frontier is it? I am happy for anyone here that have expressed they can switch to different providers who carry FS2. I am going to see if complex I live in will put in a dish for the residents as this is just unbelievable Comcast will not even carry it or respond to its customers. If they can carry it in Houston and a few other cities, they should be able to cover everyone.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 205 of 1,608 (5,401 Views)

so when is comcast planning on carryingfoxsports2???at least make it available online...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 206 of 1,608 (5,350 Views)

They Just DON'T care!!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 207 of 1,608 (5,369 Views)

Re: Why does Comcast not carry Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV)?

Hi Comcast,

I work in the television industry and I know that it's not the network that withholds themselves from airing on the broadcast affiliates, it's the affiliates that hold back the networks. Please add Fox Sports 2. With the demise of Speed, motorsports fans have been sent searching far and wide for content. I had requested Speed 2 several times in the past couple years, and now I'm requesting Fox Sports 2. The people are speaking. We kindly request you add Fox Sports 2 to your channel lineup.

Thank you.

A friend in the TV industry

Posted by
Visitor

Message 208 of 1,608 (5,349 Views)

I am giving until December to carry Fox Sports 2 or I am going to Direct TV.  I have already talked with them on some pricing.  I am in MA also.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 209 of 1,608 (5,254 Views)

FS2 is available in my area,however in SD only,but still available.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 210 of 1,608 (5,072 Views)

I do not think Comcast cares what any of us do. If they cared they would have rectified this by now.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 211 of 1,608 (5,044 Views)

I agree!  I've very mad that Comcast dropped the Speed Channel!  Why don't Comcast carry Fox Sports 1 & Fox Sports 2?  Can't watch anything of Nascar anymore & that's all I watch!

Might have to drop Comcast & find another provider who does!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 212 of 1,608 (5,060 Views)

I agree!  I only watch NASCAR!!!!  Come on Comcast get with the program!!!!  If you want more customers, you better get what they want or you're going to be losing customers!!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 213 of 1,608 (5,177 Views)

I also am a huge NASCAR fan. I called Comcast, again, yesterday and as usual they could not or would not give me an answer if or when we would get Fox Sports 2. All they said was that we need to keep calling and requesting so they can send a form "upstairs." It is obvious that they don't pay attention to the forums. I am worried if we don't have it by next Feb when Fox will cover the first of the season we will miss more than just practices . Also probably the Rolex 24. I keep holding out hope, but I am going to check Direct TV.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 214 of 1,608 (5,161 Views)

I'm very angry at Comcast right now.i wish NBC sports acquire the rights to the champions league just as they did with the premier league.<br>At least we can see some games on their on demand channel.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 215 of 1,608 (4,497 Views)

Re: FS2

I Really miss FS2, I wish COMCAST would carry it, if the don't start carrying it soon i might go back to Directv or switch to DISH............I want my FS2

Posted by
Visitor

Message 216 of 1,608 (5,087 Views)

Comcast can go suck an egg.  FOX Sports, or lack there of....  same thing.  We already have the NFL channel why not bring back back motosports, time to go to Direct tv I guess. Better yet, time to just walk away from tv altogether. My favorite part of this, COMCAST doesn't even have a rep step in here and defend their actions or at least explain what the deal is. Probably mismanaged funds and can't afford to buy into the FOX Sports broadcast package!!!  Another FOX product that sucks. Go back to doing news, you were screwing that up just fine.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 217 of 1,608 (5,076 Views)

I contacted Comcast & complained, told them millions of people love Nascar, they want to watch it, so get Fox Sports 2.  They told me I need to contact Fox Sports, because it all depends on them & what they get.....likely story!!  I told them, how would you like to loose all of us Nascar lovers, because someone like Direct TV or Dish Network has to carry it?  That would show them, if we cancelled Comcast!!  Thinking of changing providers!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 218 of 1,608 (5,034 Views)

It's the same song and dance stuff they gave me so I tried to contact Fox and was told that they, the contact us, at fox sports 1 said all they did was maintain the web page. Liars everywhere with both of these losers. They have no integrity.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 219 of 1,608 (4,475 Views)

Can't watch NASCAR RaceDay because Comcast does not offer Fox Sports 2. Am very disappointed. Please give us FS2!
Posted by
Regular Contributor
Message 220 of 1,608 (4,482 Views)

Chattanooga TN has well

Posted by
Visitor

Message 221 of 1,608 (4,467 Views)

NEED FOX SPORT 2 PLEASE!!!

Comcast/Xfinity TV PLEASE add Fox Sport 2 to the line up.  I am a Nascar fan and since Fox Sport has chenged from Speed, I have literally seen less TV on motorsports than I have in 20 years. Thanks

Posted by
Visitor

Message 222 of 1,608 (4,468 Views)

PLEASE add Fox Sport 2 to the Augusta area! 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 223 of 1,608 (4,461 Views)

Yes PLEASE give us Fox Sports 2

Posted by
Visitor

Message 224 of 1,608 (4,485 Views)

Foxsports 2

We watched a lot of the Speed Channel at our house, and we were quite excited when FoxSports was taking over because we thought, finally, we'll be able to see the extra NASCAR programming in HD.  Imagine our disappointment when we've found that FoxSports is broadcasting much of their NASCAR programming on FoxSports2, which we don't have access to as a Comcast customer.  We pay A LOT of money each month for cable and internet.  Please add FoxSports2 to your channel lineup!

Thank you!

Kara

Posted by
Edited on
‎10-15-2013 11:51 AM

Frequent Visitor

Message 225 of 1,608 (5,625 Views)

[ Edited ]

I called to request Fox Sports 2 & they said it was only available in a sports package which is a lie! It isn't on Comcast! They were just trying to make a sale. So will I continue to miss Nascar programs. Speed was so much better! I've tweeted Comcast about this too!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 226 of 1,608 (5,620 Views)

Direct TV carries both Fox Sports 1 & 2 & right now it's $34.99 @ month for a year.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 227 of 1,608 (5,609 Views)

There's so much junk coming out of both of them I don't believe a word they say. They both talk out of both sides of their collective mouths.

Posted by
Contributor
Message 228 of 1,608 (4,395 Views)

I want to add my name to the list of people who want access to FS2 on Comcast. It is really unfair for us that Comcast do not carry this channel. I have so many programming specially in this time of the year that don't make it on FS1 because of Football season, they get relegated to FS2. Comcast can we get an answer on when we'll be able to watch FS2?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 229 of 1,608 (5,287 Views)

Bump. NSCS qualifying Talladega on FS2? They know Comcast customers are left out. Obvious that Fox has no interest in Motorsports. See the bottom of their home page. Columns on MLB, NFL,NHL, NCAA. Little Nascar link. Tell Fox you want Nascar back.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 230 of 1,608 (5,268 Views)

Contact at Comcast: Tom Karinshak 800 266 2278
Contact at FS2: David Harris (call main number and quickly ask for him) 310 369 1000

Latest excuse by Tom, think he is a Sr. vP is that Fox won't release FS2 to them......
David Harris at Fox said he'd look into it and get back with me, so far....not a word. BUT if anyone wants to call, wanted to post contacts & their numbers.
Unbelievable! We can't see Talladega Qualifying on Comcast. It definitely seems will get worse from here on out. Next, will be qualifying for Daytona 500.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 231 of 1,608 (5,254 Views)

Yes with me being a admin for a Nascar Chat Room and not having the channel they are qualifying on it makes it hard to know what is going on!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 232 of 1,608 (5,232 Views)

Thanks Racing Girl for getting the numbers. I plan on calling tomorrow and see if I get the same story. If more of us call maybe we will get some action (doubtful) I wonder if the reason Fox won't release is because Comcast won't pay the ask for fees?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 233 of 1,608 (5,228 Views)

Tom Karinshak is full of "expletive deleted".

Comcast signed an agreement on Feb 12, 2013 with Fox to carry FS1 & FS2, that means they are paying FOX for the rights to broadcast those channels. Look it up.

This is what truly aggravates me, the disingenuous statements from the people at comcast. They issued a press release telling everyone what they did and now they're telling us that Fox won't let them carry it. I'm sure Fox is completely against having 30 million more viewers for their product.

Posted by
Edited on
‎10-16-2013 07:34 PM

Contributor

Message 234 of 1,608 (5,223 Views)

[ Edited ]

Philadelphia, PA and Los Angeles, CA – Comcast Corporation and Fox Networks (FN) announced today that they have reached an agreement for a new distribution pact to deliver Fox Broadcasting’s (FOX) and Fox Television Stations’ (FTS) wide array of entertainment, sports and local news content to Comcast Xfinity TV customers across televisions, computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles and internet-enabled televisions. The renewal supports the companies’ mutual goal to deliver the most popular video content to customers across multiple platforms.

The agreement provides video service to nearly 22 million Xfinity TV customers of both live and on demand programming from 20 FTS broadcast stations (13 Fox and 7 MyNet) as well as FX, FX Movie Channel, SPEED, FUEL TV, FOX Soccer, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, MundoFox, Fox Deportes, and Fox Business Network.

SO...where is my Fuel TV/FS2?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 235 of 1,608 (5,166 Views)

Where and when????

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 236 of 1,608 (5,096 Views)

No Petite Le-Mans this Saturday.  Am angry enough to spit nails.  Had my umpteenth visit to Comcast Chat: a futile effort.  Every other TV provider has Fox Sports 2.  Unfortunately, COMCAST is my only choice (no satellite dishes where I live: stupid rule).  All those who are asking for Fox Sports 2 on the Forums, you are preaching to the choir.  COMCAST doesn't read these.  They just hire somebody in a call center in India to make sure we don't use bad words.  The person I "Chatted" with said they are getting a lot of requests.  You all need to contact COMCAST directly.  This is just a good place to whine about it.

Posted by
Edited on
‎10-18-2013 08:24 AM

Contributor

Message 237 of 1,608 (5,076 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ty: That press release I posted was issued on 02-12-2013. FS1 & FS2 went live on 08-17-13 and at the time only a few areas received Fuel TV and those are the ones who get FS2, they have no plans to offer it to the rest of us anytime soon.

Mark: I hear you. Its coming up on a year since I started asking for Fuel TV, now FS2, and many more have been asking longer than I have, Comcast is just not responsive to their customers request. All we get is lies, lies, lies and more lies....

Posted by
Visitor

Message 238 of 1,608 (5,037 Views)

When will FoxSports2 be available on Comcast???  Why is it not available now???

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 239 of 1,608 (5,375 Views)

I suppose NASCAR sponsors are aware of the situations and I'd bet they are pi$$ed.  Have a great day,  B

Posted by
Visitor
Message 240 of 1,608 (5,349 Views)

I agree.  We live in the Northeast and are big motorsports fans.  My husband and I have been trying to get an answer out of Comcast since August and nobody can give us the same response twice.  We never got Fuel TV and do not get Fox Sports 2.  We miss Speed, it was one-stop motorsports, you could watch the Monster Energy series, Whelan Modifieds, Truck races, sports car, major endurance events soup to nuts.  Now that Fox Sports 1 is essentially ESPN-lite all of these series and events have been dumped on Fox Sports 2.  None of my family across the country get this channel.  UVerse offers the channel but it's not in our area.  I'd pay more money to switch to Dish or Direct to get the service that Comcast should be providing.  My husband called again Monday and is still waiting for a call back.  I 'chatted' with an agent today who told me that it was being broadcast in my area but that it would be some time before I could actually receive it.  She then told me that it would be on the same channel that Speed used to be on, and then, when I told her that's where Fox Sports 1 is being broadcast, she told me that they had no date or information as to when or if they would carry Fox Sports 2.  They don't know what it even is.  Service is a joke.  Very close to ditching them.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 241 of 1,608 (5,337 Views)

Ive come to the decision that come the end of this racing season and before the start of Monster Energy Supercross on January 4th that if Comcast doesnt offer/provide FS2 that I will be jumping ship to @DirectTV.  Ive had enought of this BS and non response, Comcast never offered FuelTV and they will never offer FS2 from what I gather.  my countdown clock has just started, so long Comcast.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 242 of 1,608 (5,335 Views)

I live in the sticks (Denver CO) about 2 million people in the metro area so I guess we're not worthwhile to the bean counters at fox and comcast. Plus we only have one Sprint Cup Series Car here, which by the way is in the chase. We've all been dupped and maybe the thing to do is contact NASCAR. Who knows, maybe they can press the issue with these two duds.

fanfeedback@nascar.com

Posted by
Contributor

Message 243 of 1,608 (5,316 Views)

I am in the pacific NW and we don't count either. I've called several times and requested and it's like blowing in the wind. Comcast has said that Fox won't release FS 2. I bet it is because Comcast won't pay the fees Fox wants. I'm also on the countdown. I'm giving Comcast I until February 1 to get their act together.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 244 of 1,608 (5,310 Views)

Sorry to hear you're in the mix too. I did follow my own advise and sent an email to NASCAR asking for their help. Here's the email:

OK it's me again and I must say I haven't been the least bit kind to you all but we, the viewers in the US, need your support to get Comcast and Fox to get together and offer Fox Sports 2 to those of us who do not receive FS2. I would imagine your many sponsors would be concerned that we are lucky to get 1/2 the shows and information that we used to get from Speed TV. I am in Denver CO where we have a metro area of around 2 million people. No it's not NYC or LA but we still love our racing and deserve adequate programming here.

Thank you for your time and any assistance you might be able supply,

I don't know if it'll help but we'll see.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 245 of 1,608 (5,303 Views)

NASCAR is paid, either directly or indirectly, by the sponsors.  NAPA pulled out of NASCAR just because of that deal at Richmond?    I'm not so sure.  They lost a ton of advertising by Comcast not carrying several events (FS2 qualifying, etc).  Something to think about. Have a great day,  B25 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 246 of 1,608 (4,947 Views)

Robob, you are asking in the wrong place.  Nobody here except us customers, or soon to be former customers.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 247 of 1,608 (4,942 Views)

I was in hope that I would be able to view the nascar camping world truck series qualifying? It was said to be on Fox sports 2 ?  I pay for the sports package and used to get all of the races and prelims now I cant find it because comcast who was supposed to add it is dragging there greedy feet and ignoring there loyal paying customers. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 248 of 1,608 (5,252 Views)

Maybe all us Nascar lovers need to call Comcast & tell them we're dropping them, if they don't get Fox Sports 2 & you're going to Direct TV.   If they knew they were losing thousands of customers, I bet they would do something!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 249 of 1,608 (5,224 Views)

NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying at Talladega is only being shown on the new Speed channel replacement overflow channel "FS2" Fox Sports 2 (which everybody seems to carry except for Comcast)? Why not, as high as my cable bill is!!! 99% of the channels Comcast charges me for I do not watch and are complete garbage (but I have to pay for them all to get a few decent channels and HD) and my favorite was Speed channel, so I feel Comcast should do everything possible to provide us with every NASCAR racing channel available. Drop 50% of the stupid channels that 99% of us don't watch and there will be plenty of money to purchase FS2 and please your customers so we don't have to leave for DIRECTV or FIOS. Thank you!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar

Posted by
Contributor

Message 250 of 1,608 (5,208 Views)

It would be great if Comcast read all of these forums, but everyone's says they do not. On another forum, racing girl provided the following contacts:
Comcast Senior VP Tom Karinshak at 1-800-266-2278
FOX David Harris 310-369-1000 this is the main number and ask for him quickly
If they get a lot of calls maybe they will do something.