New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity

ANSWERED
Administrator
Administrator

FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity

Set your reminders. The world’s largest soccer tournament kicks off Thursday, June 14, 2018 with the final match on Sunday, July 15, 2018, and you’re going to want to be there for every minute of the action!

You can catch all of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ competition on FOX, FOX Sports 1, Telemundo, and Universo. Here’s a handful of notable first-round matchups to put on your calendar (or schedule on your DVR):

When: Friday, June 15 @ 8:00am (EST) - Egypt vs. Uruguay
Where: FS1 & Telemundo

When: Friday, June 15 @ 2:00pm (EST) - Portugal vs. Spain
Where: FOX & Telemundo

When: Saturday, June 16 @ 9:00am (EST) - Argentina vs. Iceland
Where: FOX & Telemundo

When: Sunday, June 17th @ 11:00am (EST) - Germany vs. Mexico

When: Sunday, June 17th @ 2:00pm (EST) - Brazil vs. Switzerland

How to experience the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russiawith Xfinity X1:

• Sports on X1: The Sports App on the X1 TV platform is an easy way to watch matches, set recordings, plus view results, statistics, and upcoming games. Bookmark your favorite team to stay updated on match times and channels. To open Sports on X1, press the “C” button or say “Sports app” to your X1 Voice Remote.
  • Use your X1 Voice Remote: You’re in full control and your X1 Voice Remote is your command center this June. Simply press and hold the Microphone button on your remote, and say things like the following phrases to navigate the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ on your TV: 
Voice Command Action
“World Cup” Directs you to the World Cup Hub within X1.
“World Cup Stats” Display a tournament overview card across the bottom of the screen.
“World Cup Standings” Open a full-screen bracket overview of the tournament.
“Mexico” Speak a country’s name into your Voice Remote to unveil a team overview card across the lower third of the screen (and works for all 32 teams!)
“Spain vs. Portugal” View a head-to-head team comparison card on the bottom portion of your screen (also works for all 32 teams.)
“Germany Schedule” View any of the competing countries’ upcoming games.

• Every replay available in English and Spanish: X1 screens and menus for the World Cup can be easily changed to Spanish and the X1 Voice Remote understands both English and Spanish commands, for example: “Mexico vs. Germany,” or “Mexíco contra Alemania”

• Stream live on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices*: With the Xfinity Stream app, available for iOS or Android, you can view live games from any device with an Internet connection. Want to watch on your laptop or desktop? No problem. You can stream live TV from a Web browser on your computer, too!
  • Never miss a match with Sports Notifications on X1: With Xfinity X1, you can get reminders of when matches are about to begin, both on your screen and via SMS text messaging. Learn how to sign up for Sports Notifications on X1
  • Watch the biggest moments with DVR highlights: On completed match recordings, X1 customers who have DVR service can browse and jump between high impact plays. With many matches airing while people are away from their TV’s or at work, DVR Highlights ensure that X1 customers never miss a goal.

Pro tip: If you record a game, you can access your DVR library right from the Stream App and catch up on everything you missed.
  • Watch every match in stunning 4K UHD: X1 customers can experience Telemundo’s coverage of all 64 World Cup matches in stunning 4K Ultra-High Definition. Similar to the 2018 Winter Olympics, the games are available in 4K HDR (High- Dynamic Range) the next day on demand for X1 customers who 4K have a 4K-capable set-top box and a 4K television.

**Note**:Not all programming available in all areas and is subject to change

Frequently Asked Questions: 

How do I manage my Sports Notifications?

You can customize your Sports Notifications under the Sports Notifications menu - adjust alerts, add or remove teams, end notifications or change X1 or text message notifications.

How do I stop Sports Notifications through my mobile device?

You can end text messages on your mobile device by texting "STOP" to 73348.

What are the dates/times for the matches on X1?

X1 customers can say or type "World Cup" for all of the upcoming matches or go to my.xfinity.com/latino for the latest information and how to watch upcoming matches.

What is the Internet badge on some of the videos on X1?

You will notice that some videos are labeled with an Internet badge, such as videos from YouTube. That is to inform you that the origin of the video is not from Xfinity On Demand and will stream over the Internet.

**Notes**:

• Internet content is only available if you have any level of Xfinity Internet service and have a compatible X1 TV Box (not available on RNG 150 devices).
  • Watching this content will add to your monthly Xfinity Internet Data Usage.

How do I exit the World Cup videos?

Press the Exit button on the X1 remote. You can also press Guide or the xfinity button.

Why do the videos keep freezing?

Restart your X1 TV Box by saying "Restart Box" into your X1 Voice Remote or by unplugging it for one minute. If the issue persists please restart your modem by using the xFi app or unplugging it for one minute.

For more informaiton about Free FIFA World Cup 2018 content on Xfinity Stream for our non-TV subscribers, see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Free-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-content-on-Xfinity-Stream/td-p/...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Accepted Solution

Sports Notifications for FIFA World Cup

X1 customers can decide when and how they want to be alerted about their favorite teams. Whether through X1 notifications on their TV screen that takes them straight to the action they want to see or via text message alerts that provide a direct link to the Xfinity Stream mobile app, customers always know when their game is about to begin.

Launch Sports Notifications

Say "Sports Notifications" into your X1 Voice Remote or

Go to the World Cup tab within the X1 Sports App

1.Launch Sports Notifications.
2.Press Start now (only available when you first launch Sports Notifications).
3.Use your up/down and/or left/right arrows on your remote to select a team. Once selected, press OK on your remote control to continue.
4.If you would like to receive text notifications on your mobile device, scroll down and select Press OK to add a number. Press OK on your remote control.
5.Text the activation code shown on the right to 733-48 from the mobile phone number you wish to receive text messages from to continue.
6.You will receive a confirmation text message on your mobile phone.
7.Press OK on your remote to get to the next screen.
7.If you have DVR service, you can set this team as a favorite and record future games on this screen.
8.Use the up arrow on your remote to select Confirm.
9.Press Confirm to finish.
You will receive a confirmation message on your TV screen that your selected team preferences are set. Press OK on your remote to choose another team or press Exit on your remote to exit Sports Notifications.
If you pressed OK on your remote, you can start the steps again to get notifications for another team.

View answer in context
New Poster

soccer world cup for 2018

Dear person,

what channel is going to air world cup matches?

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: soccer world cup for 2018

Fox and Telemundo have the TV rights to broadcast

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

Will fox be showing the 2018 FIFA world cup in 4k?

either live or replays?

New Poster

fifa world cup 2018 in 4K HDR on Xfinity?

FIFA announced late 2017 that the upcoming 2018 World Cup will be captured by a 37 camera setup per game and then broadcast in 4K HDR. If I google this I can find announcements of it going to be streamed by TV providers in many countries in 4K - Europe, Asia, South America... - does anyone know if this will also be available on Xfinity X1? On any competitive TV provider?

Official Employee

Re: fifa world cup 2018 in 4K HDR on Xfinity?

As far as I know, Fox sports hasn’t announced anything in that regard

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/08/hisense-world-cup-4k-hdr/ 

I believe FOX sports has indeed announced such plans. What's not clear to me is if the rights are exclusively reserved for Hisense TVs. 

Problem Solver

@ wrote:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/08/hisense-world-cup-4k-hdr/ 

I believe FOX sports has indeed announced such plans. What's not clear to me is if the rights are exclusively reserved for Hisense TVs. 

After reading the article it looks like that's the case for any 4K for the World Cup this year.

New Poster

So the answer is: No, Xfinity will not air the world cup tournaments. Right?

Official Employee

Here’s a broadcast schedule for Fox and FS1. Hopefully those are available in your market
https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2018/02/world-cup-2018-tv-schedule-fox-fox-sports-1-russia-1...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

Will this be the first time xfinity broadcasts a show or channel live in 4k?

Official Employee

I doubt it, it’s up to the individual broadcasters to provide 4K content

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Ok, does comcast currently have any channels/broadcasters with 4k content? And if so do you need to upgrade your cable box to recieve them?
Official Employee

No there isn’t. Netflix in 4K and limited Olympics On Demand content is presently it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Will full match replays of World Cup 2018 games be available On Demand? And for how many days after airing will they be available for? Will they be available on demand via the Stream app?
Thanks.
New Poster

World Cup Soccer in 4K

Does anybody knows if the soccer world cup 2018 will be telivised in 4K on xfinity?

New Poster

World Cup Coverage

Here is a REALLY simple question -simple YES or NO answers only please:      Will Xfinity be showing the 2018 World Cup-YES or NO?

Next simple question: If so "WHAT CHANNEL" ??

Official Employee

Re: World Cup Coverage

Here’s a broadcast schedule for Fox and FS1.
https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2018/02/world-cup-2018-tv-schedule-fox-fox-sports-1-russia-1...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

Re: World Cup Coverage

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Here’s a broadcast schedule for Fox and FS1.

The matches will also be shown (in Spanish) on Telemundo and NBC Universo.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Sports Notifications for FIFA World Cup

X1 customers can decide when and how they want to be alerted about their favorite teams. Whether through X1 notifications on their TV screen that takes them straight to the action they want to see or via text message alerts that provide a direct link to the Xfinity Stream mobile app, customers always know when their game is about to begin.

Launch Sports Notifications

Say "Sports Notifications" into your X1 Voice Remote or

Go to the World Cup tab within the X1 Sports App

1.Launch Sports Notifications.
2.Press Start now (only available when you first launch Sports Notifications).
3.Use your up/down and/or left/right arrows on your remote to select a team. Once selected, press OK on your remote control to continue.
4.If you would like to receive text notifications on your mobile device, scroll down and select Press OK to add a number. Press OK on your remote control.
5.Text the activation code shown on the right to 733-48 from the mobile phone number you wish to receive text messages from to continue.
6.You will receive a confirmation text message on your mobile phone.
7.Press OK on your remote to get to the next screen.
7.If you have DVR service, you can set this team as a favorite and record future games on this screen.
8.Use the up arrow on your remote to select Confirm.
9.Press Confirm to finish.
You will receive a confirmation message on your TV screen that your selected team preferences are set. Press OK on your remote to choose another team or press Exit on your remote to exit Sports Notifications.
If you pressed OK on your remote, you can start the steps again to get notifications for another team.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

okay 4k games will be availble for the world cup

next day via VOD

Says multi channel

New Poster

Re: World Cup Soccer in 4K

I'd like to know as well otherwise I might have to reconsider cable/satellite providers.
Official Employee

Yes, if you have a 4K X1 set top box, the matches will have a one day delay and be available On Demand

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Why does Xfinity keep showing sporting events in 4K on a one day delay?  DirecTV is showing the games live, which makes a lot more sense.  That way you're not watching it after you know what happened.  It's hard to avoid hearing about a major sporting event for 24 hours before you watch it.

Regular Contributor

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity

4k?

New Poster

Are you sure?  I haven't seen this anywhere else.

New Poster

Time to move to another provider since XFinity is not providing 4K for the World Cup as every other mayor provider.
Contributor

@ericnewman wrote:

Are you sure?  I haven't seen this anywhere else.

Not sure if you were asking me, but if so yes I'm sure.  Here is a link to their live 4K HDR schedule of the games:

http://start.att.net/exclusive/att/4k

So it can be done.  For some reason Xfinity thinks we don't care to see the games until a day after they happen??  I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind this.  But this seams to be a recurring theme with Xfinity, and one that will soon have me switching providers.  I prefer to watch sports live...  In the best quality...

Edit:  My point is, if they think that all we care to use our 4K DVR's for is an on-demand "streaming" box, well I already have an Apple TV 4K for that.  So I don't need Xfinity for TV then? 

Contributor

@Pharrell2 wrote:

4k?

Not live on Xfinity...  you'll need to switch to DirecTV for that...  Apparently they will have the games on demand 24 hours later.  When you'll want to be watching the next games that are on live...

New Poster

I am adding my post here so minimally companies hear that their solutions are not customer centric.  In other words, 

"I can't wait to spend lots of money on a modern TV and monthly subscription service so I watch a game, that I've waited 4 years for, 24 hrs after it happened and everyone is talking about it" 

~said by no one, ever.

I get that futbol is not important to many americans but a once-in-four-year event needs options.  I searched throughout and options I found to watch the games in 4k are constraint filled.

DirectTV - my option (drilling holes and adding an unsightly dish to my house that was already wired for comcast)

Dishnetwork - no word from them with the tourney 2 days way.

BBC(stream) - you'll have to change region your TV (some samsung TVs have issues with iPlayer), get a VPN with enough bandwidth, get one of the slots for the stream as BBC will be limited slots to stream.

Fox Sports go (Stream) - Buy a new specific model hisense 4k because of their streaming deal with Fox.  Shutting out the majority of us that have Samsung/LG/Sony Televisions.

Xfinity (VOD) - Watch it 1 day after it has happened.  This is almost as bad as not even showing them.

Frequent Visitor

Again I feel cheated. 

Where does all the xfinity comcast money go? Almost a monopoly/conglomerate and cannot show live 4K games? Direct TV has it, but not a company that is about to buy FOX, already owns Telemundo and NBC/Universal, BUT CANNOT STREAM 4K LIVE GAMES!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

I'm upset why we can't have 4k games live.

what's the hold up? I'm pretty sure it's possible.

New Poster

I feel your pain. I even contacted all the streaming services (youtube, sling, hulu, directv now, Univision Now) and no one is streaming it in 4k either. My dad and Uncle just bought TVs for the world cup (both with xfinity) and you should’ve seen their faces finding out they’d have to get Directv to view the games in 4k. It’s just rediculous...
New Poster

Guys,

Looks like layer 3 just announced that it will carry the WC in 4k. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/06/12/world-cup-2018-how-to-watch-it-in-4k/#1c12f8121b7...

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ChicagoState,

Unfortunately not available in my area.

Contributor

@chicagostate wrote:

Guys,

Looks like layer 3 just announced that it will carry the WC in 4k. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/06/12/world-cup-2018-how-to-watch-it-in-4k/#1c12f8121b7...

Thanks for sharing.  So even Layer3 is ahead of Xfinity?  Wow.  Makes you think it's not a money thing, as they are paying for the on-demand.  So, is it a bandwidth issue then, due to the way they are limiting themselves with the MPEG-4 conversions?  Are they not going to ever be able to distribute live 4K content to us?  Are our 4K boxes in essence worthless unless all we ever want is on-demand/streaming?  If so, I think they should be up front with us so we have that information and know that we need to move on to a provider that is looking to the future of television (at least for sports broadcasting).  This isn't the first year for 4K live sports on some providers.  Some of the other sporting events currently being offered live elsewhere include The Masters tournament, NBA games, MLB games, college basketball games, this years US Open golf tournament, European soccer, etc..

We can't seem to even get one major event, or even one MLB game or NBA game live.  Is it because Xfinity cannot do it?  The content is out there...

New Poster

All great Q's

New Poster

World Cup 2018

Hi anyone know what channel the World Cup for soccer will be on starting tomorrow.
Frequent Visitor

Re: World Cup 2018

Either your local Fox affiliate or FS1[tomorrow's game is on Fox not FS1]

New Poster

world cup soccer matches

How to watch World Cup Soccer matches?

New Poster

World cup streaming outside USA

Hi, I was wondering if we are going to be able to stream the world cup if we are traveling outside USA?? DirecTV is doing it... I sure hope you guys will be doing it too, lately a lot of shows cant even be streamed outside of home which is pointless
Official Employee

Re: World cup streaming outside USA

@Camastha wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if we are going to be able to stream the world cup if we are traveling outside USA?? DirecTV is doing it... I sure hope you guys will be doing it too, lately a lot of shows cant even be streamed outside of home which is pointless

There’s no streaming through the Xfinity Stream app or website out of the country, never has been available.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I'm out of my local area and the Fox broadcast is blocked. The World Cup is listed on my TVGO guide, but it says:

SORRY, this channel isn't available. 

Local programming is not available in this area.

Please select another channel.

(Error TVAPP-00224)

It seems I can watch it on Telemundo in spanish, but not on Fox.

Bad job Fox / Xfinity. 

Contributor

Try using the Fox Sports app
Frequent Visitor

How do I watch it on my macbook?

Regular Contributor

Why can't the 4k VOD of the game be availble 30 mins after the game finishes?

this is pathetic.........

Contributor

To watch on your MacBook go to foxsports.com. Select Xfinity as your provider and login with your Xfintiy credentials
Frequent Visitor

To add insult to injury, you HAVE to HAVE the X1 box with DVR in order to view the 4K delayed content. If you have the regular X1 box is no good. You have to fork an additional $10 a month to see a repeat of a game that was originally transmitted to them in 4K live but downgraded to 1080p. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Contributor

@Pharrell2 wrote:

Taped delayed World cup matches in the better quality what is this? the 1980s?  get in 2018 there's no reason not to show the world cup in 4k live.

when your compeltior is doing it? do you really want me to switch to Direct tv? come on...... will you offer any event this year in 2018 in 4k live? or do we have to wait to 2019,2020

Geez

My guess - they technically cannot do it.  They must be down grading their HD delivery to us for some technical reason.  With lower bandwidth, how would they deliver a live stream of something that requires MUCH higher bandwidth?  Again just a guess on my part but the writing is on the wall for me - I need to switch to another provider as they have no interest in delivering live 4K sports like their competitors do.  I already have a 4K streaming box so I don't need theirs.  Their box doesn't do native, and I'd rather have my TV do the 4K upscaling as it does a far superior job.

Perhaps we are in the minority currently with our opinions, but there is definitely a pattern developing here that I'm not going to continue to pay for.

New Poster

Per this post, https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/FIFA-World-Cup-2018-on-Xfinity/m-p/3102257

You are suggesting that World Cup should be able to be streamed on a device.  Unfortunatly the message I get through my device is this:"Avaliable to Watch In Home Only".  Can you clarify?

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats