New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comedy Central app on Xbox One doesn't have Xfinity access

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 7
On the Xbox One app for Comedy Central, Comcast/Xfinity isn't available in the list of cable providers. I know this is due to an ongoing issue between Viacom and Comcast, but not all Comedy Central programs are available on the X1 on demand service, and now that Viacom has pulled some of its shows off Hulu, its even harder to access Comedy Central programming.

Since Comedy Central is included in my cable subscription, I should be able to access its programming. What gives?

It's been YEARS since this has been an issue and Comcast still doesnt have an Xfinity app for the Xbox One or access to some cable apps (like Comedy Central) on the Xbox.

Also: You do realize that anyone can just connect a laptop via HDMI, or even wirelessly stream video from a laptop from the Comedy Central website or Xfinity website to the Xbox anyway, so why make people go through the extra step?
6 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 7

Same problem on Roku for Comedy Central and so many other apps.  When they ask, who's your provider, there's a list of hundreds to choose from but Comcast Xfinity isn't one of them.  What gives, Comcast?  We're paying good money.  It's 2017.  And last I checked we aren't in a communist country (not yet anyway).  And as the OP said, we can legally get it on our TV through other means, why can't we through these means as well?  Seriously.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 7

vampirerunner wrote:
On the Xbox One app for Comedy Central, Comcast/Xfinity isn't available in the list of cable providers. I know this is due to an ongoing issue between Viacom and Comcast, but not all Comedy Central programs are available on the X1 on demand service, and now that Viacom has pulled some of its shows off Hulu, its even harder to access Comedy Central programming.

Since Comedy Central is included in my cable subscription, I should be able to access its programming. What gives?

It's been YEARS since this has been an issue and Comcast still doesnt have an Xfinity app for the Xbox One or access to some cable apps (like Comedy Central) on the Xbox.

Also: You do realize that anyone can just connect a laptop via HDMI, or even wirelessly stream video from a laptop from the Comedy Central website or Xfinity website to the Xbox anyway, so why make people go through the extra step?

on my iPhone I used safari to find comedy central. found the app for the content provider and hit settings. under 'provider' there is an Xfinity icon that i selected. I then had to created a new user/pass for comedy central. I then created a pass and happened to use my Comcast email address, answered birthday information. full access was then provided. Did you try doing that procedure?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 7

kemosabi107 wrote:

Same problem on Roku for Comedy Central and so many other apps.  When they ask, who's your provider, there's a list of hundreds to choose from but Comcast Xfinity isn't one of them.  What gives, Comcast?  We're paying good money.  It's 2017.  And last I checked we aren't in a communist country (not yet anyway).  And as the OP said, we can legally get it on our TV through other means, why can't we through these means as well?  Seriously.

try the procedure above using your comcast internet. Then use the newly created username/pass for comedy central to login there. did that work for you?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
Comcast hasn't allowed authentication for any of the Viacom apps on video game systems or set top boxes for awhile now. Not sure if access was years ago or not. But I do know you can use your Xfinity log in to authenticate Viacom's apps on your mobile devices.

I asked this same question a year ago but it doesn't seem like Viacom and Comcast included authentication access to video game systems or set top boxes when they signed their carriage agreement some years ago.

Hopefully when it's time to renew they both include authentication for video game systems and set top boxes. Because there is content that MTV has which Comcast doesn't have i.e. old Are You The One? seasons or Real World seasons and I can't watch the content on my Apple TV because of no authentication access.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 6 of 7
I'm talking about the Xbox One app...
Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 7

vampirerunner wrote:
I'm talking about the Xbox One app...

Right and I was giving you a trip down memory lane about Comcast not allowing authentication with Viacom apps period. Regardless of the platform be it Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Apple TV, etc.