New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast removed some channels

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast removed some channels

I’m very upset Comcast removed Food Network and Cartoon Network from my package and added other channels I don’t really care about and now if I want to have these channels back I have to pay more. That’s not fair since when I ordered the service that’s what they offered me. I just feel like they sold me something for a price and took it from me and I’m stupid to be still paying for it since I’m not getting what it was offered. I’m looking for options to cut the cable now.
Accepted Solution

Re: Comcast removed some channels

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience, these changes were communicated in your March or February bills. 

These changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors including programming costs, alternative viewing options and overall viewing habits (e.g., more lightly viewed programming).

We understand that some customers, like you, find this programming valuable, and we are sorry to disappoint you.

We believe we have some good options that will help you continue to watch Food Network and/or Cartoon Network and other programming like it. Please post here if you would like to hear the options available in your area. 

We would be glad to discuss options available to you now to ensure that you don’t lose the programming that you enjoy and bundle options that you can take advantage of.

View answer in context
New Poster

This is problematic, indeed. It is just another example of why Comcast needs some competition. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> I have never wished for options more than I do now. Can't even just get internet and then watch Netflix and Amazon because Comcast charges way too much for that, too. 

New Poster

I am so mad about that. Food Network and Cartoon Network were among the ones I watched all the time. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

New Poster

I agree, a very horrible move! My grandchildren love Cartoon Network during the day when they come over (or DID love it). The Quality of Xfinity is deteriorating rapidly. I know other people that strongly share my oponion. I'm wondering how far they are going to go. Dispicable! 

New Poster

The same happened to me a couple of days ago, I watched food network everyday and is not there anymore and neither cartoon network for my granddaughter, I am so mad
New Poster

We're you notified of the change or did you just notuce it? I tried to pull up cartoon Network. We had it last night and now it's gone. No notification of this.
New Poster

WHAT AM I PAYING FOR?  I had very few channels already and they take away 4 or 5 of those. There are only a couple of  channels on my package that I watch, that I can't get with an antenna.  Weighing my options, maybe cutting cable sooner than I thought.

Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience, these changes were communicated in your March or February bills. 

These changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors including programming costs, alternative viewing options and overall viewing habits (e.g., more lightly viewed programming).

We understand that some customers, like you, find this programming valuable, and we are sorry to disappoint you.

We believe we have some good options that will help you continue to watch Food Network and/or Cartoon Network and other programming like it. Please post here if you would like to hear the options available in your area. 

We would be glad to discuss options available to you now to ensure that you don’t lose the programming that you enjoy and bundle options that you can take advantage of.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

NOBODY GETS THE BILLS BECAUSE COMCAST/ XFINITY PUSHES E-BILLING OR APP USAGE so, no I was not aware of these changes. I get taking channels that people actually don't watch but given the LIMITED children's channels available on the basic package better choices could have been made. And all the new age foodies out there, really, you didn't think cutting Food Network would irritate a lot of people? If the jump in package pricing wasn't so drastic, we may have opted for the next level up. You wonder why people are cutting the cable cord, this is why. Limiting services, treating existing and long time customers as lesser, only offering incentives for new customers all serve to alienate your customer base, not strengthen or grow.
New Poster

This is what the CSR said to me... congratulations by adding $20 you get the channels back!! Seriously!! It is unfortunate they target the channels that are most popular to the kids and Mrs... I am going to find out how I can get out of my contract and go to FIOs... 

Let’s get this out to the social media so that people are aware of this... 

New Poster

"We believe we have some good options that will help you continue to watch Food Network and/or Cartoon Network and other programming like it. Please post here if you would like to hear the options available in your area". 

Are these "options" you have free? Doubtful. Just another example of how greedy this company is. It makes me sick I have no other competitor to go to at the moment. One is moving, slowly, through the area. I'll be on it the second it arrives. It's not fair to just move channels around after people have already made an agreement with comcast. I also noticed comcast only offers premium channels like HBO and Showtime to people who get the Premiere package, according to the line up I just saw. Despicable....

New Poster

I am new to Comcast as of April, I was never told the food network would be removed. I would like to know my options.

I'm not looking to increase my costs.

New Poster

Your ONLY options will be to pay more money or, if you're lucky, drop comcast and go with a local competitor. comcast (I refuse to capitalize the name), is the greediest company on the planet. They also have the worst customer service. It's disgusting...

New Poster

I looked back over my email account and never received anything regarding the channel removals. I should be able to keep the channels I had when I made the 12 month agreement! What is wrong with this company?!?!? It's infuriating...

New Poster

These changes were put on my April statement. Get your facts straight! I know, comcast can't do that.

New Poster

This is very disappointing because I am basically paying for the package that I don't need and use. See now you lost another customer maybe you will try to keep me because I got a contract but I only got months for this contract to end and guess what I will switch back to FiOS. People I was FiOS customer for 12 years and I made a huge mistake to switch to Comcast. I think there is nothing like FiOS. I will definitely go back the day my contract ends. If you removed two channels from my package why didn't you decrease my bill?????
New Poster

Well Said!

New Poster

I totally agree, How can you sign up for something and then just take it away? In 5 years you guys will be a memory as far as TV is concerned.

New Poster

For a Comcast rep: can you please explain the changes that were made? I don’t know what I lost other than Cartoon Network and the Food Channel, nor what channels were added in their place.

New Poster

I think any lawyer would consider this a VOID in the contract.....
I'm looking into it and leaving Comcast too
Cartoon network is my son's favorite and I refuse to pay an extra $20 for it!

New Poster

I am interested in what a lawyer has to say. I called and asked if I was under contract and beings that I am then why am I not locked into the channels under said contract. I got a sorry blah blah but you can upgrade. As soon as my contract is up I'm out. 

New Poster

Doesn't matter if it was communicated in a previous bill or not.
Simply put you all gave us noticed that we are going to steal your channels.
Would be nice if the thief would give us notice before they robbed us blind.
You Comcast didn't offer us anything in return from your thieving move.
A contract for 2 years I had and was told of a big fee if I terminated early.
Where is my fee from you Comcast for you breaking the contract I had.
That's right . Nothing offered.
At least your organization is showing it's true colors.
I see a Dish in my very near future.

New Poster

Agreed, had no warning of these changes because comcast/xfinity pushes e-billing.  It is absolutely absurd that xfinity can remove several channels (that they call lightly watched - HA!) yet still charges their customers the same rate.  The basic lineup didn't contain much as it was, looks like we might be taking our business elsewhere.

Service Expert

@HockeyGirl09 wrote:

Agreed, had no warning of these changes because comcast/xfinity pushes e-billing.  It is absolutely absurd that xfinity can remove several channels (that they call lightly watched - HA!) yet still charges their customers the same rate.  The basic lineup didn't contain much as it was, looks like we might be taking our business elsewhere.

Your billing statement is located under My Account.  It includes all notifications that are on a paper bill.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

From the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES
Subject to applicable law, Comcast has the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Our point "service expert" is that because xfinity pushes e-billing, they (and other companies, they aren't the only one) sneak (for lack of better term) changes in - knowing that many customers don't have time to log in and check EACH bill, EACH month.  Thanks for pointing out where to find the bill (*sarcasm/ eye roll*). 

Also in regards to the fact they are able to change service at any time - yes, I don't think any of us disagree with that fact.  It is a matter of GOOD customer service, which they clearly are not providing.  We have not been overly happy with xfinity since starting service less than a year ago, but this may be the final straw.   Like a majority of others who posted, xfinity is at risk of losing customers because of this decision - which means it was poor customer service.

Service Expert

@HockeyGirl09 wrote:

Our point "service expert" is that because xfinity pushes e-billing, they (and other companies, they aren't the only one) sneak (for lack of better term) changes in - knowing that many customers don't have time to log in and check EACH bill, EACH month.  Thanks for pointing out where to find the bill (*sarcasm/ eye roll*). 

Also in regards to the fact they are able to change service at any time - yes, I don't think any of us disagree with that fact.  It is a matter of GOOD customer service, which they clearly are not providing.  We have not been overly happy with xfinity since starting service less than a year ago, but this may be the final straw.   Like a majority of others who posted, xfinity is at risk of losing customers because of this decision - which means it was poor customer service.

Does this mean you also don't read bills you may get from the post office delievered to your home? 

If you pay by autopay and the price goes up, or a promotion ends, are you not reading your ebill to be prepared for that?

Most cable companies put notes on changes in your bill, and I know that my electric company does the same.  I know this wasn't a popular change, but I didn't have anything to say about it, either.  It is what it is.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

comcast also removed NBC sports, CBS sports, ESPN, ESPN2, and a host of other channels just before playoff season in early May. Of course, this was not communicated to customers and we are being offered the option to pay more and sign a new 2 year contract to get the channels. I have discovered Fios offers a far superior service including just internet for $39/mo in the Virginia, Maryland, DC area - also month to month. Great alternative to the terrible service comcast provides. 

New Poster

I live in 19808 area and I also noticed CN is gone! However so far I still have Food Network.

I am upset they took the CN channel away me, my kids loved the shows. I cannot afford the price increase for the upgraded package. I am going to look into cancelling my cable and replace with streaming service such as Sling.

I am tied of getting offered new upgraded packages for a "low" price and after 24 months the price goes way up and I need to keep calling back in to beg for lower price. And they keep pushing phone and security on me!
New Poster

Well you will lose customers- this was definitely NOT communicated in any bill I received

New Poster

THIS IS HOW YOU LOSE CUSTOMERS!

New Poster

This is totally true. However looking back at my bills I did see the small print about moving channels around which included the CN channel. What's more is that I couldn't figure out what my cable plan name was to match the plan they say the CN moved to.

Since I am on paperless billing I only see the price and not the bill details. An email should have been sent as well.

Stinks FOIS is not in my area or I would switch in a heartbeat.
New Poster

I agree with you but as you can see per the xfinity response:

"These changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors including programming costs, alternative viewing options and overall viewing habits (e.g., more lightly viewed programming)"

Food Network and Cartoon Network are lightly viewed and should be deleted from the channel line up and be replaced with Smithsonian and Bloomburg. They are kinda the same arn't they? What "alternative viewing options" means is: what we want you to watch so that you will begin to think the way we want you to think. Maybe this company will be called EX-finity in the not so distant future.

New Poster

How can this be the BEST answer when it is the ONLY answer. "Best" implies that there is more than one. Lets re-think this a bit.

New Poster

Hat they mean to say is that the change is in an effort to screw us out of more money.
New Poster

Sorry? You took some of the most watched channels and snuck them out of the package most americans can afford. Sorry is a joke.
New Poster

I recently noticed that I no longer have VH1, MTV, OWN, Foodnetwork and OWN. I called customer service and they told me that they have notified me on my March and April bills that these changes to my channel line up would occur. I view my bill while on the phone with customer service and no where on the bill mentioned that these changes were occurring. And the Representative also was not able to locate this information on my bill. I then speak to a “manager” and they tell me that I could have these channels back if add a bundle that would raise my bill by over $20 a month. I refused and am insulted that you would take away channels without notifying me and then ask me to pay for something I already had. Basically you stole my sh*t, then asked for me to buy it back. Not happening. The “manager” then tells me to call customer solutions because they may be able to work something out where I can add the channels back without my payment increasing. I call customer solutions and I speak with Anthony, who was of no help, and was a complete jerk to me. He told me I actually wasn’t even supposed to have these channels in th first place due to the package that I had. I’ve had Xfinity since 2015 and you mean to tell me there was a glitch in the system that allowed me to have these channels for free????? That’s BS. I selected the cable package for these channels specifically. He then offered me some bundles, which all would raise my bill and add additional fees. I asked to speak to a manager and they were all Conveniently busy. Anthony then stated that a supervisor would call me back the very next day which would have been May 22, now it’s May 23 and I still haven’t heard from anyone. At This point I am looking into other cable providers because I am done with Xfinity.
New Poster

Frankly, no one cares that the change was communicated. WE care that you are charging us the same for less channels than what we signed up for. Since, CN, Food Network, and Weather channel were mostly what I watched, I'll be cutting the cord and getting a crunchy roll membership instead.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats