New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast lied! NFL Redzone gone from Premier

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 4

I did my biennial dance with Comcast in July to resubscribe to Premier Triple Play. During the conversation, I was assured by the Comcast rep that 'nothing will change". I specifically asked about sports and movie channels, and was told you will get what you had before with Premier, nothing will change.

So this morning, I tried to tune in to NFL Redzone. A message came up and said I needed to subscribe. So I called Comcast, and was greeting with a recording that told me that if I wanted NFL Redzone I could Press 1 (or somesuch) or go to a web address. This makes me believe that it is a big problem.

When I spoke to the agent, he would not tell me when this had changed. He semi-apologized for the agent lying to me, but said he/she had been misinformed. Just kept repeating that I needed to add Sports Entertainment package ($9.99/mo) if I wanted Redzone.

So they lied to me and will not explain when or why this changed. If you promise something to entice a purchase and then don't deliver, I'd say that is pretty close to if not downright fraud!

I have been a Comcast subscriber for as long as they have had service in this area (decades?) and am usually quite complimentary of their services. This is very frustrating and disappointing.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 4

Same exact thing happened to me

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

(Nothing like replying to your own post, but still can't get an answer from Comcast)

OK, so I missed NFL Redzone yesterday for the first time in, well, forever. Was bummed out, but am still trying to find out why. No info forthcoming from Comcast.

1) Redzone was a part of my Premier package for the last few years. Apparently, it is not now. Comcast refused to say when Redzone was removed from the package. I believe it was recent, since I was told in July that I would get the same channels when I recommitted to Premier. Additionally, I was not informed that this change would happen.

2) From reading posts here, and from what little I could glean from the Comcast web site, the additional fee is pretty much for Redzone. I can't see why Comcast is being deceptive by saying I need a Sports & Entertainment package when I already get lots of sports and entertainment channels via Premier. Why not just come out and say it's $9.99 a month for a channel that is available once per week for approximately 4 months per year. I guess that doesn't seem like much of a bargain does it.

3) Although I haven't decided to subscribe yet, it's not clear how to actually add Redzone. I've tried various avenues on the web site (Manage Package, etc.) but nothing seems to allow me to add Sports & Entertainment package. If anyone did it, did you do it online or did you have to call?

4) It seems like a (big?) issue. Would be nice to see a response from Comcast. 

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 4 of 4

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention).