Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Comcast Xfinity not listed as a provider for NFL Red Zone streaming/app

New Poster

Comcast Xfinity not listed as a provider for NFL Red Zone streaming/app

I pay Comcast for NFL RedZone. So why am I unable to stream NFL RedZone as a comcast customer?

The RedZone website clearly states, "If your cable TV provider is not listed, NFL Network and/or NFL RedZone is not offered as part of your cable TV subscription and/or offered online."

According to this statement, If I pay Comcast for NFL RedZone, and this network is available to watch on Comcast, I should be able to access RedZone streaming and the mobile app. Why am I unable to choose Comcast as a provider?

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Xfinity not listed as a provider for NFL Red Zone streaming/app

Raymundo710 wrote:
You posted that 3 years ago, what's the update???

****Validated solution current through 9/2017- Community Team****

Not much of an update to report.

Apologies that we don't yet have an agreement in place. It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement. 

Our customers can access live streams of NFL Network and NFL RedZone now via the XFINITY TV app via a mobile device or online on a laptop or desktop at the link below.

We are currently contractually restricted to offering the live streams of these channels only if you are connected to your home Comcast network.      

Watch live TV here including NFL Network and NFL RedZone:
https://tv.xfinity.com/ Search for NFL in the upper right search box
or via the XFINITY Stream app: http://www.xfinity.com/apps.html

Comcast continues to be in discussions with NFL regarding being included in the NFL mobile app and out-of home via our own apps. 

I don't have a timeline as to when or if an agreement might be reached.

EDIT: Marked as solved so that others can easily locate this post that has factual information. If you are having trouble accessing NFL RedZone and NFL Network in home on an authenticated device (as described above) that is another issue and should be in a separate thread.   

All Replies
Contributor

I'm sure it's a contract issue between Comcast and NFL. Also mobile streaming is exclusive to Verizon Wireless
New Poster

Yeah, I can't believe as a Comcast customer, we can't stream nfl network/redzone online

Regular Visitor

omendoza7 wrote:
I'm sure it's a contract issue between Comcast and NFL. Also mobile streaming is exclusive to Verizon Wireless

No no it isnt At&t and WOW (and many many others)are listed as service providers that the nfl network will let you watch games on your computer/laptop however comcast isnt on the list niether is infinity.

Kind of a bummer as I do pay for the nfl network 

New Poster

this is BS!! Step it up Comcast

New Poster

Are you kidding me!?!? I pay for it, I should be able to watch it online!

Official Employee
Moved:

Removed - Violation of Posting Guidelines which can be found here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Specifically: Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Poster

So, no response as to why we are all paying for NFL Redzone yet inexplicably can't watch it online?

Contributor

Too bad Comcast didn't actually care about their customers. I would be able to access NFL Redzone and Tennis Channel online right now smh

Official Employee

Phalange wrote:

So, no response as to why we are all paying for NFL Redzone yet inexplicably can't watch it online?

Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the NFL to offer access to NFL Redzone coverage online or via your mobile device outside of your home network. 

New Poster

Comcast needs to hurry up and get a contract worked out.  Pretty annoying to not be able to stream Redzone or the NFL Network.

New Poster

That's funny, because EVERY other major carrier has a deal in place to stream online...AT&T, Verizon, DirecTV, DISH, Cox, etc.

Yet no Comcast. So clearly it's not the NFL that has a problem with potential terms, it's typical greedy Comcast not willing to do anything for their end users, yet again. Cannot WAIT to cut ties with Comcast forever.

New Poster

ComcastTeds wrote:

Phalange wrote:

Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the NFL to offer access to NFL Redzone coverage online or via your mobile device. 

Comcast is, honest to God, the worst company on the face of the Earth.

New Poster

This is absolute garbage. What a joke of a company. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Why does comcast refuse to provide its customers the nfl mobile app access that we pay for and that every other provider provides for their clients? You keep raising rates for all packages yet provide nothing compared to competitors because you are a monopoly
New Poster

So all ComcastTeds does is remove posts and say that paying customers are SOL and not give an explanation as to why there is no agreement in place. 

Comcast, I pay extra for NFL network. I should be able to watch it online. You all offer other channels on your tv go app. Why is there no agreement in place with the watch NFL app? We have rights to the watch ESPN app, why not the NFL app when I pay extra for it?

New Poster

Well it's just about that time of the year to say WTH?  Still no agreement with the NFL I guess.  I guess we are lucky they even carry the Network and the RedZone on the old TV.

New Poster

I agree. Comcast can not negotiate as well as Dish and much smaller providers?  I can't believe they aren't able to negotiate and affordable agreement?  Hmm.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast add NFL Network and NFL RedZone including online access!

New Poster

This makes me want to go to direct tv more then ever before how are you the only provider not listed you guys already have the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life come on pull it together
New Poster

The rediculous greed displayed by COMCAST is apparent in every aspect of there service. They own everything and cant come to an agreement with the NFL because of money issues. How much money does one company have to make before it starts to give back just a little in order to satisfy there long time and constantly abbused customer base. The leaders of Comcast need to take a long hard look at the way they do business in todays world, with communication the way it is any wrong doing will be brought to light only hurting Comcasts business with every negative review. This is your wake up call Comcast start treating your customers like customers or your going to loose at least one for ever!

ob155 wrote:
This makes me want to go to direct tv more then ever before how are you the only provider not listed you guys already have the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life come on pull it together

Frequent Visitor

Comcast should be leading the industry, not lagging behind everyone else! It frustrates me beyond measure when Comcast does stuff like this. I have used several services, and I am the technical person responsible for helping my extended group of friends and family with TV, Internet, phone, computers, mobile devices, and pretty much any other technologies. My point is that I have seen a lot of the upsides and downsides for many providers of TV, phone, Internet, etc., and I have found that I like Comcast far more than the rest, at least in most situations, and I really try to understand why a certain feature or service my not be available, or just may not function correctly. This happens, in my experiences, more with others than with Comcast, but then when I support Comcast as the best option to my friends and family, it really angers me when Comcast fails to offer something that obviously should be provided, especially when offered by most other major providers. Comcast should be leading the industry, not lagging behind everyone else! The NFL Network on mobile devices, and well as NFL RedZone Mobile and similar offerings, are not new. They have been around for years and are offered to users of most other providers, if the users subscribe to the TV equivalent of that service. If you subscribe to HBO, you should get access to HBO Go. If you subscribe to Cinemax, you should get access to MaxGo (whatever it's called), and so on. So why do Comcast customers who subscribe to receive NFL Network, RedZone, etc. not given access to the mobile versions of these services? Most other providers including this for free, so why won't Comcast. When Comcast does this type of nonsense to its customers, it makes me feel the way fans of Tiger Woods must have felt in the days following the mysterious crash of his SUV, as everyone heard of the crappy things he has been doing. I feel like I give Comcast my money every month, as well as my support as the best service provider, so no matter how many other things they may get right, it doesn't excuse when they fail the customers in the way they have failed to remain competitive with other providers for this particular feature or service. I feel like Comcast needs to wake up... snap out of the daze, and look at what is being offered by everyone else, then try to get caught up with the rest of the industry with your support of NFL Network, NFL RedZone, and other NFL Network services.

Remember... I think Comcast is, by far, the best provider of TV, Internet, phone, and other services for me and most of my friends and family. However, being good at some things does not excuse failing at others. I really hope Comcast will try to listen to its user community and try to correct obvious shortcomings, such as this one. 

New Poster

Frusterating to see that EVERY OTHER cable provider is able to access NFL's RedZone online streaming service EXCEPT the largest cable provider in America. I pay for this service yet I am unable to use it to it's full advantage. Thanks, Comcast. 

New Poster

yeah this is totally bogus.  Can watch it on tv but not online.  And Redzone has like 100 other even little dinky companies

Frequent Visitor

Beyond contempt!  Every 1 time I get good service from Comncast I get 10X more BS.  I have been a customer for ages.  Some loyalty.  Who is responsible for this irresponsibility?

Frequent Visitor

So Comcast Ted, how about doing your job and give us a name and address to write (or better call) to protest this absurd and illogical decision.

Come on, Comcast Ted.

New Poster

Comcast, you suck! I am sorry but I should be able to streamline the red zone app considering how much I pay! Get it together and take care of your customers. SO GREEDY!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Came here to say what has already been said. Paying for a service and not getting that full service is not okay. Look at the list of providers they have available that do stream with them. I have a choice of one cable company at my apartment complex. This is not treating the customer fairly. I should have to pay you once to watch NFL Network/Redzone and then them again to stream on my phone and computer? It is not right when everyother customer gets all three at the one price.

Frequent Visitor

why am i paying for a channel? i cant stream online? time to switch carriers it looks like

Frequent Visitor

Yea whats the deal? I just upgraded to this package for nothing. What a rip off. Thought I would be able to stream the networks. Downloaded the app on my iPad. Sad to see Comcast wasn't on the list of subscribers

New Poster

Looks like this will be the nail in the coffin. I will be switching to another provider. I can't believe that you all still have not got it done for your customers... Way to go Comcast!

Regular Contributor

This is only reason #8 that I'm switching to dish network.

1. No NFL mobile app support (even though hundreds of other providers have it).

2. No xbox one app (every other large provider has one)

3. No FS2 at all (only major one without it, most have it with HD)

4. No beIn Sports in HD (again only major provider without it

5. No beIn Sports app streaming (only major...i think you know that rest)

6. Cant even fix simple issues (like terrible picture quality on Fox 29 HD in Philly during Eagles games)

7. By far the worst customer service in the world

8. NO concern about what the customer actually wants (they have their own agendas like pushing NBC Universal content down our throats like the golf channel, NBCSports, and much other garbage)

9. Say they are the home of the most live sports (they must mean the most live sports that nobody cares about  (I can't see the biggest sport in the world, soccer, in HD, but I sure can watch college field hockey, softball, volleyball, poker, (I coukd really keep going on and on... in HD.

10. Say they are the home of the most HD. Unless there is a new definition of the word most, I'm pretty sure thats a bunch of (fill in your own word here).

Sorry that was 10 not 8, and it was just off the top of my head...sure i can think of more.

New Poster

Comcast you are useless.  Give us what we pay for.

New Poster

I came to see if it was a browser problem and i guess not. So why hasnt the nfl stepped in and provided an explanation? They benefit from this probably just as much. Feels like a freaking rip-off.

New Poster

Yes, we understand that it is not available! The question is why is Comcast the ONLY "legitimate" provider that I could not find on the list!

ComcastTeds wrote:

Phalange wrote:

Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the NFL to offer access to NFL Redzone coverage online or via your mobile device. 

New Poster

I'm just hear to voice my frustration as well. I pay for the NFLRedZone subscription through Verizon, and I pay through the sports entertainment package through Comcast, yet I can not stream through my Verizon iPad.  I am so disappointed, I'm considering switching to U-Verse solely for this reason. I have been a Comcast customer since 1993.  I know they don't care. 

New Poster

We need to organize a revolt. :-) Let's get on Twitter and let @Comcast and @ComcastCares know how we feel about this.  There is strength in numbers, and in organization. 

New Poster

Comcast is like a giant glacier drifting at sea, unable to change direction. Traditional cable TV is rapidly aging and will be replaced by better, more flexible technology providers. Instead of using their leverage to innovate, they are using it to be a crusty old lumbering ogre. Their UI's are from 1999, their "OnDemad" takes hours to navigate and is latent, their "fastest" internet service is sluggish and their channel packaging is rigid and overpriced. Not to mention their "customer service" which a complete farce. They are shedding customers everyday and approaching the cliff. 

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines ( Profanity/Circumventing Language Filter)

New Poster

This is laughable that comcast is the only one that doesnt provide it. DID YOU SEE THE LIST of cable companies that offer it.  Jimmys Taco's and cable provides it and comcast doesnt!!

HAHA  Its laughable and just another reason comcast was voted the worst company in america (yes, worse then the IRS) that is a fact!!

Hillarious!!!  I bet comcast just cant afford it, haha  JUST KIDDING!!!  We all know they can, they just dont care about anything, since they are so big. They simply pay lobbists and senators are on thier board. (another fact) 

PS Worst company ever!!  WHY CANT I STREAM WHAT IS ALREADY ON MY TV TO THE OTHER ROOM!!!!

New Poster

Comcast, you're a sad poorly run cable service that does not care about customer satisfaction. FIOS was just set up on my block, I can't wait to leave you.

New Poster

Add nfl network to your online streaming package, Comcast

New Poster

The explanation posted is not adequate. 
"Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the NFL to offer access to NFL Redzone coverage online or via your mobile device." 

WHY? It is quite disappointing that Comcast/Xfinity is aware of this thread, however does not address the issue other than "does not have an agreement". It apparently isn't difficult to come to an agreement since practically everyone else does have one... Further explanation is expected!

New Poster

gregmcohen wrote:

I pay Comcast for NFL RedZone. So why am I unable to stream NFL RedZone as a comcast customer?

The RedZone website clearly states, "If your cable TV provider is not listed, NFL Network and/or NFL RedZone is not offered as part of your cable TV subscription and/or offered online."

According to this statement, If I pay Comcast for NFL RedZone, and this network is available to watch on Comcast, I should be able to access RedZone streaming and the mobile app. Why am I unable to choose Comcast as a provider?

C

New Poster

I can't believe Comcast has not resolved this issue.  As soon as my community allows me cancel comcast, I will.  I would be embarrassed to work for such a customer unfriendly company like Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

STILL almost February and NOTHING on this issue.  I would like to stay with Comcast and have been loyal for years.  Why should 1?

and even more--today I see the same absurdity when I try to link HGTV to my Amazon Fire Stuck--Comcast/Infinity still the only cable "provider" not listed.  Do you intentionally set out to destroy your company.  Where are you, Comcast Ted?  BS

Regular Visitor

You can stream NFL RedZone on the Xfinity TV website and on the Xfinity TV (not TV Go) apps for iPhone and Android. You do not need to be an X1 customer to use the site or apps, but you do need to have Comcast Internet service and you can only stream this station on your home network.

http://xtv.comcast.net