New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Chiller TV?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 34 of 85 (14,059 Views)

Chiller TV?

How come Chiller TV is not on Comcast Cable but it's mostly on satellite?

The funny thing about this is Chiller TV is owned by NBC Universal and Comcast owns NBC Universal i'm like that's weird. I really hope Comcast adds Chiller TV soon because it's a great channel.

84 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 85 (12,647 Views)

CHILLER TV PLEASE

i wish comcast would get the chiller channel.  fearnet on demand is stupid.  i dont even know what most of the programs on it are and on demand is just a hassle anyway.  its completely overrated.  please get chiller.

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-31-2011 03:17 PM

Regular Visitor
Message 2 of 85 (12,625 Views)

Re: CHILLER TV PLEASE

[ Edited ]

Agreed ... Chiller Channel might well be a welcomed addition to basic. How will Comcast subscribers benefit from the marriage with NBC Universal?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 3 of 85 (12,618 Views)

If they did get Chiller it probably will never be on the very basic tiers, never seem to put the good stuff on a resonable priced tier.

Also Comcast made a decision a while back to not deal with channel requests on the Help forums. See below.

You can submit a channel request at your local Comcast office, or by using our customer feedback form*.  Please do not include any written correspondence about your channel lineup with your payment.

Comcast continually seeks to improve the viewing and entertainment experience of our customers. Channel requests help us to make decisions about adding to or changing channel lineups.

*The customer feedback form can be found by going to www.comcast.com and scrolling to the very bottom of the page.  Click on 'Comcast.com Feedback'. 

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 85 (13,876 Views)

I want Chiller! ~ I want Chiller! ~ I want Chiller!

That horror/thriller channel, Chiller, I don't have it on my Xfinity. I'm in Oregon, I get channel 787, Universal HD, and it has commercials. One of their commercials is "Chiller, scary good". I had to google it to find out more. I really want Comcast to add Chiller in HD to my Xfinity lineup. I also want the HD channel Monsters, if it still exists.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 85 (13,830 Views)

Re: I want Chiller! ~ I want Chiller! ~ I want Chiller!

Comcast is not going to, Comcast has its own channel called Syfy

Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 85 (13,823 Views)

syfy is owned by nbc universal and so is chiller.  comcast now owns nbc universal, so it owns chiller.  comcast's own channel was and is a crappy on-demand channel called fearnet.  i want chiller too and the companion channel cloo, which used to be called sleuth.  if they own them i dont understand why they dont put them on.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 85 (13,819 Views)

Because they are 'exclusive' channels with other providers, like dishnetwork, directv.  Thats according to my neighbor who is an Comcast employee

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 8 of 85 (13,805 Views)

My local telephone company offers them. And my local is not AT&T or Verizon. It is a company that started in this town over 100 years ago. Not a national firm.

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-31-2011 02:06 PM

Problem Solver

Message 9 of 85 (13,791 Views)

[ Edited ]

willscott88 has it right "syfy is owned by nbc universal and so is chiller.  comcast now owns nbc universal, so it owns chiller." 

http://www.nbcuni.com/cable

my own assumption is that you may see chiller and other nbcu channels (like cloo) coming to your comcast area soon.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 85 (12,048 Views)

I really wish they would get it. It used to be my favorite channel and I was so disappointed when I found out comcast didn't carry it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 85 (11,977 Views)

Please add Chiller TV  !

Posted by
Visitor
Message 12 of 85 (13,600 Views)

So Comcast has divided up the NBC/Comcast-owned stations, so that Comcast doesn't have them all?  I also want Chiller.  It has a lot more sci-fi on it that SyFy does. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 13 of 85 (13,586 Views)

rjbmuse wrote:

So Comcast has divided up the NBC/Comcast-owned stations, so that Comcast doesn't have them all?  I also want Chiller.  It has a lot more sci-fi on it that SyFy does. 

Here is a link that shows what cable channels that Comcast-NBC Universal operate:

http://www.nbcuni.com/cable

The list includes both chiller and syfy.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 85 (13,543 Views)

Comcast is obtaining Chiller TV on Jan 11, 2012. Just confirmed over the phone.....Cannot wait!!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 15 of 85 (13,520 Views)

That's good to know!  Thanks!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 16 of 85 (13,501 Views)

I really hope if my area ever gets Chiller that sometime down the road they'll reair the short lived series "The Others." I only saw the pilot episode when it aired on NBC and really liked it.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 17 of 85 (13,447 Views)

Jan 12 th huh i live in port st Lucie fl i hope were included i had chiller with directtv i love it syfi sucks 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 18 of 85 (13,024 Views)

I switched from satellite to comcast in Aug. '11. I agree that if they own both syfy & chiller then, they should also offer both channels in their line-up.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 19 of 85 (13,017 Views)

i dont get comcast said jan 12 will get chiller did not happend 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 20 of 85 (11,081 Views)

Helloooooooooooooo Comcast. Do you even bother to read these forums ?  I see people having been asking for you to add Chiller TV to the lineup for 2 years. Do we need to call customer service daily to get you to listen ?

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 21 of 85 (11,078 Views)

This is a user to user Community Forum, no one from Comcast regularly monitors these forums.

It has been posted many times before, channel requests are to be done from the feedback link on comcast.com

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 22 of 85 (11,064 Views)

Again a correction, yes they do monitor these forums pretty often, ive already gotten that confirmed directly from a evp of comcast, & marketing etc... i can say thats actually a good thing....

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 23 of 85 (11,062 Views)

We the Mod's notify Comcast when there is a post that needs addressing.  Automatic sweeps of the forums is not being done as a rule from Comcast.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 24 of 85 (11,060 Views)

I think your mis-informed.... or that comcast lied... one of the two... either comcast is a liar, or your mis informed which is bad for business either way.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 25 of 85 (11,056 Views)

I am not misinformed as being a Mod on  the forum for year's I see and am involved in the requests we post for subscribers posts on the forum for the special Comcst team to get resolved.

No intention of any liar around here.  The many Mod's on the forum are here for one thing, to help subscribers get their issues fixed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 26 of 85 (11,053 Views)

Im saying comcast may have mis-informed, i complained about the forums alot they answered me saying "Yes sir, we at comcast (no mention of forum mods) certainly monitor the forums, customers who have problems and requests such as yourself with, hd channels are always heard and passed onto to the ...." and blah blah blah.... the comcast lingo.... so again.. ive kinda worked my way up the "food chain" when its come to comcast & bothering them for them to listen to my requests.... so unless they lied to me, and maybe your dead right about things and its just another reason for me to call them and complain... which id love to honestly!, or maybe your mis-informed...either one of the two.

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-19-2012 12:17 AM

Cable Expert

Message 27 of 85 (11,051 Views)

[ Edited ]

Got it!

PS, if I was on your Comcast system, I'd be with a different provider.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Edited on
‎04-19-2012 12:27 AM

Regular Contributor

Message 28 of 85 (11,047 Views)

[ Edited ]

I wish that was possible, Connecticut hasn't de-regulated cable access, there is only one provider per town and its a bidding war... contracts go for years.... we do not get uverse, and dish doesnt provide the yes network, and directtv is just not an option thats viable for my liking.

Why comcast is, sadly... manditory.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 29 of 85 (13,918 Views)

Chiller

Is there any chance that Comcast will be getting the Chiller channel in the near future? They have such excellent shows and I am missing out on some of my favorites. Directv has Chiller, Comcast should have it as well. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 30 of 85 (13,842 Views)

Re: Chiller

Yes WOW has it too. I'm really missing it on comcast...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 85 (16,277 Views)

Channel Request Chiller TV

There has been a lot of talk of the new channel Chiller Tv, so far, Verizon, Dish and Direct TV are carrying it.  Is there any chance that Comcast will be adding this channel?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 32 of 85 (16,264 Views)
Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 85 (16,258 Views)

Re: Channel Request Chiller TV

thank you

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 35 of 85 (13,701 Views)

Re: Chiller TV?

AgentAlex559 wrote:

How come Chiller TV is not on Comcast Cable but it's mostly on satellite?

The funny thing about this is Chiller TV is owned by NBC Universal and Comcast owns NBC Universal i'm like that's weird. I really hope Comcast adds Chiller TV soon because it's a great channel.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 36 of 85 (15,359 Views)

is comcast going to have chiller tv 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 37 of 85 (15,305 Views)

msw33467 wrote:

is comcast going to have chiller tv 

Comcast continues to be in discussions with Chiller regarding possible distribution.  A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer any channel to our customers.  These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers. 

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-10-2014 01:40 PM

Visitor

Message 38 of 85 (14,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
Please get Chiller Tv on xfinity asap, it's a shame when the competition has got it.
Don't get me wrong I like xfinity tv and Internet. But would love to have chiller tv added to xfinity.
Thanks
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 39 of 85 (14,761 Views)

I would LOVE this channel as well. Hope you get it, But without an added charge.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 40 of 85 (14,741 Views)

I would like this channel and also the 'CLOO' channel which has been requested by so many customers. We keep getting religious channels and music channels. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 41 of 85 (14,731 Views)

I have to agree for this channel request for "Chiller TV". We need more channels added period. I have been requesting "Boomerang" since 2004 and comcast still hasn't added it.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 42 of 85 (14,300 Views)

I, too, would love Chiller to be added by COMCAST.  Too bad not today because four childhood scary myths are being analyzed.  Who doesn't love horror Smiley Wink

Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 85 (13,382 Views)

Chiller TV

I love the horror genre, always have. I hope that Comcast picks up the Chiller Channel
Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 85 (13,371 Views)

Chiller channel

Does Xfinity plan on getting the Chiller station. Would be great for us old X-file fans!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 45 of 85 (13,315 Views)

Re: Chiller channel

Repp in my area the ELREY Network has the X-Files on  1 to 5 pm Pacific Time as i live in Sacramento Ca.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 46 of 85 (13,571 Views)

Agree, would love to have Chiller and CLOO on Xfinity.  My neighbor across the street (has UVerse) is taunting me with the X-Files pilot on Chiller tonight.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 47 of 85 (14,102 Views)

Fearnet shutdown

Noticed on the Comcast contract renewals page (http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/programming/) that Fearnet would be shutting down in July. A check on Wikipedia found this:

On April 14, 2014, Comcast purchased partners Lionsgate Entertainment and Sony Pictures Entertainment shares to take full ownership of the channel.[1] Following the sale, Comcast will fold FEARnet into its NBCUniversal Cable network Chiller, though some programming might move to Syfy, thus ceasing operations of FEARnet.[1] No exact timetable for the closure has been set as of yet.[1]

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 48 of 85 (13,274 Views)

i don't know why it took me this long to even hear of Chiller TV. I was watching a movie and then saw Chiller TV advertised.

Add me to the list of a loyal Comcast Xfinity customer for more than 15 years. I would love Chiller TV. I signed a petition on Chiller TV as well.

I realize there is talks between the two companies, but wanted to put my 2 cents in. PLEASE GET CHILLER TV Comcast

mark

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 49 of 85 (13,162 Views)

Re: Chiller TV?

I would also like Chiller TV added.  Makes me want to go back to WOW.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 50 of 85 (13,605 Views)

Re: Fearnet shutdown

Boo, hiss.  So now, where is Chiller?