Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Channels being dropped from several tiers

Frequent Visitor

Re: Channels being dropped from several tiers

@ComcastKenF

If you want to help us, add the channels back. No other solution is acceptable.

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hello all, 

If you are looking to re-add channels that are now on a different package, please send me a private message with your name, address, and phone number for help. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I private messaged you when you first posted this. I have received no response and of cause still do not have my Food Network or MSNBC channels that I sorely miss.

What's the point in telling us to contact you if we get no response? Another way of saying you're sorry?

Official Employee

Hi,

I private messaged you when you first posted this. I have received no response and of cause still do not have my Food Network or MSNBC channels that I sorely miss.

What's the point in telling us to contact you if we get no response? Another way of saying you're sorry?

Liz-Lombardi, it looks like Amir responded to you on Wednesday. Perhaps you missed it? Wednesday night. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I found the response, thank you. But what is the point of giving people some hope by telling them to private message you when your response is a canned response telling us the "networks" run your business by telling Comcast what they can and cannot offer. Seriously, I find that hard to beleive. You are the biggest cable provider in the country with a monopoloy in most areas including where I live. Your company rules the roost, not the other way around. If you didn't buy their network programming you would be hurting their businesses, not the other way around. 

Official Employee

Liz-Lombardi, I understand your frustration. If you'd like to add those channels back let me or Amir know and we can look at our options. 

KenF

New Poster

This company is ridiculous.  They are stating that I would need to pay $10 more to get the three dropped channels AND get LOWER internet speeds.  Please folks, let's not be satisfied with this consumer abuse by this monopoly.  I intend to switch, contact legal and political representatives and take this to all news channels. Be smart and do research on how much Comcast makes each year. It will blow your mind..and yet they still want to increase prices and reduce value. Shame on you!

New Poster

I have been using  Digital Economy Service for many years but now it is almost useless since all the channels now say not authorized, when I call they just tell me I was never suppose to get those channels in the first place.  When I click on the upgrade button under my Comcast account on-line all I get is "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order." forceing me to call and be told there is nothing they can do.

Frequent Visitor

Exactly what happened to us.  This seems to be a standard line and is classic bait and switch.  We purchased the bundled tv, voice and internet.  Comcast has a monopoly in our area, but they lack the integrity to give us channels for which we signed up and we get the old "you are not authorized" screen, which by the way, started happening just a few weeks after we signed up with Comcast.  Yes, unbelievably, this happened to us only 2 weeks after we signed up with Comcast.  So they gave us channels initially and then 2 weeks later told us we had signed up for something different and were not entitled to channels they promised us we'd get.  Then they tell us they are "sorry", and whichever Comcast rep signed us up made a mistake, and that we weren't entitled to those channels in the first place under our plan.  Then they apologize profusely but say there is nothing they can do.  Their standard practice seems to be to sign people up, make promises, and then take promised channels away, and in order to get the channels back, the subscriber will have to pay additional monthly fees for same. Then, recently, after receiving the letter from Comcast notifying us of the channel withdrawals/channels no longer available, a Comcast rep who responded to our initial response on this thread, tells us that Comcast is able to change the channel line up whenever they choose to do so, and to contact them to get those channels back, which we haven't done.

New Poster

I upgraded my service for the specific purpose of getting the ID channel. I had it for 2 DAYS. I then got an error message stating I needed to subscribe. After the first call, I was told I’d need to upgrade but she would try to fix it. The second person I spoke with said the same, then transferred me to an escalation department. While sp along with them I’m told, sorry we do not offer that channel AT ALL. I am furious, I spend way too much for what’s offered and now, I’m stuck not even getting the one channel I watch the most. I have no words. They blame the channels themselves for charging too much. I don’t buy it considering how much they charge consumers.
New Poster

Ken, how do I private message you regarding this concern? I would like to know how to get Disney, Cartoon Network, and FoodTV back.
New Poster

I wouldn't even bother...Unless you want to pay $10 more....This is BS, I was supposed to get a certain list of channels, and instead of changing me to the packagge I SHOULD HAVE had, they "grandfathered" my economy package in...Tghis wasn't a case of "oops" it was a case of ignoracee...They COULD have upgraded me knowing they lied to me by not telling me that i'd be losing channels within days, they WANTED me o pay more...This waas done deliberately, there is no way that vaicom or other networks would've demanded they change their lineup, they pay the networks for the stations and can put them on whatever bundle they want, period..Seriously, like CMT would consider THEMSELVES a premium station?

Regular Visitor

I have had xfinity internet for many many years, but have always went elsewhere for my TV needs due to their rediculous prices and contracts.  I used sling tv up until yesterday when I was convienced to change to xfinity's instant tv.  I thought this would be a perfect solution to the "contracts" ....  boy was I wrong.  When speaking to the sales person I decided I wanted the $30 dollar sports channel pack for the sole reason of getting the NFL network which is very important when you wanna watch those Thursday night games.  I thought it was quite expensive to pay $30 bucks for 1 channel that I wanted, but decided to bite the bullet anyway.  The channel is advertised on their website for instant tv and the sales person assured me that the channel was INCLUDED (keep in mind this was on 6/6/18).  When the channel had not shown up on my channel guide after 24 hours I called back and went though hours of garbage with their "tech support" before reaching a tier 3 support representative who politely informed me that they channel was removed May 10 (almost a full month before).  They had NO response for why their advertisments on their own web site had not yet reflected the removal, and to why their own sales rep hadnt been educated on the change that occured a month earlier.  To me its FALSE advertising not to inform your customers that it is NO LONGER available with instant tv!  Bad business xfinity, bad business. 

New Poster

They are continuing to sell channels they don’t have, and either their employees are unaware (I think that is a huge part of the problem) or they are being sneaky and underhanded. My reason for upgrading (ID channel, don’t judge me) was also removed on the 10th. I upgraded after that date and was ensured multiple times that it would in fact be included. It took 4 representatives for me to find out it’s no longer available at all (and I still cannot figure out why it worked for 2 days).
Regular Visitor

You know what it is false advertising. It's been a month and they still advertise it as part of their package and sales tells you that you will receive it. Im filing a complaint with the BBB today.
New Poster

Yes, they are dropping so many channels like ID, WeTV, Oxygen, etc and offer no new pricing tems. I have the most expensive package but will be downgrading and adding Hulu  for $13 so I can access all the shows I used to watch. I have been a long-term customer but they are losing me. Clearly, Comcast is not competitive in these contract negotiations and station owners are walking away. 

New Poster

Brendan Dolan 5635 Wentworth Ave Minneapolis, MN 55419 * Disney, Food Network, NFL Network recently dropped from my package.
New Poster

I too am upset with the outrageous prices and I lost my WE tv channel. I watch a total of 3 channels..My friend that lives 5 minutes away still has it. Comcast said it was deleted. but I think now you have to pay more for it just like you have to pay for Hallmark movies..I pay very very close to 200.00 a month Thats not enought to get these 2 channels to watch???? I hope Comcast cares about these posts........
Frequent Visitor

Comcast does not seem to care at all. They hold a monopoly in many areas and pretty much do what they feel like doing to customers, including baiting and switching when initially signing people up and what seems to me like outright lying to customers.
Most Valued Poster

We were aware that depending where you live certain channels are being removed from certain bundles. We just upgraded this week from Premium Triple Play to Super Triple Play with the new 1G modem and free Netflix and lost among others......WGN, WE  and Oxygen which we watch  when we go to bed for reruns of L&Order, Blue Bloods, C. Minds, etc. I have been preparing myself to lose them and was surprised to see that when I tune to them now it tells me I can subscribe to them???  Would those be add ons to what I have with the new bundle?  They took them away but you can pay to get them back??

I  already knew that On Demand has previous seasons but   on most shows you either have to have Netflix or pay per episode which has always irritated me.  The good news is that upon investigation I was pleasantly surprised to find out that now that  I have free Netflix I can go to On Demand and watch earlier seasons  with the Netflix option  and . I can also watch them on Netflix itself.  Hurrah!  I would never have paid for Netflix but its really got a lot of great programming and its free so its a win win. Its a little awkward to use  but we will get the hang of it. I had no idea Netflix had network programming. ......not all of them but plenty to keep us happy.

The extra bonus is that the new Super Triple Play bundle is cheaper than the Premium Triple Play right now.