Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Channel changes too quickly

New Poster

Channel changes too quickly

Is there a way for me to make the number buttons take longer to change the channel? My dog always steps on my remote no matter where I put it, which is especially irritating with the DVR and having hours of backed up tv just gone in an instant. Even if I accidentally hit a number button, by the time I panic and find the remote and try to hit exit to cancel, it's too late and the channel changes and my shows are gone. There's a setting to make the mini guide take longer to disappear. Is there a similar setting for inputing the numbers? I'm sure some people simply take longer to put in their channel selection, so I'm not the only one who needs it.

Tags (3)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Channel changes too quickly

There is a setting for Auto-Tune. If you turn it off, it would require you to hit OK/Select to actually change a channel after typing in numbers.

Press MENU twice for the main menu

Select Setup

Select Guide Setup

On the 3rd entry down "Channel entry method", use left/right to choose "No AutoTune".

Official Employee

Re: Channel changes too quickly

Hi User9246, you can set up your remotes parental controls so if your dog or anyone else accidentally presses a button the remote will not change channel at all. You can easily exit this mode as well so that when you want to change channel you can. For more information regarding this set up please click on this link

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon