Fox 1025

CSN 1251

Regular Contributor

Re: Channel Lineup "New Channels 1000 - 1999"

Denver/Boulder:

ABC is 1007

FOX is 1031

CSN - Couldn't find it.

Those are all locals and non-national channels though.

What do you have for these cable channels?:

TNT - 1404

TBS - 1434

USA - 1403

FX - 1403

FREE - 1742

Regular Contributor

TNT - 1404  1404

TBS - 1434  1434

USA - 1403  1403

FX - 1403    1409

FREE - 1742   1742

Yes looks like these are national numbers so everyone is the same.

Regular Contributor

I wanted to mention that when I scroll through the all listings over 1000 there are a ton of sports channels in the 1300's.

One irritation is when I am trying to go to the over 1000 listings in my favorites list if I don't have a specific number I will hit the beginning of the hundred for that group. Like 1200, 1300, etc. That brings me in range then I scroll. But if I hit 1200,1300,1700,1800,1900 it take me to 1 rather than to the beginning of the group. I wish someone would fix that, please

New Poster

Re: Additional Channel Lineup

Actually, Tivo changed my guide to the new lineup a month ago, before Comcast. So Comcast had informed them of the change. Of course, this messed up all of my recordings because the channels actually have not changed yet, though my Tivo thought it did. I had to file a support card with Tivo to get them to reverse it. That worked for a while, but Tivo changed to the new lineup last Friday and Comcast still hasn't switched. Comcast was supposed to implement the new lineup in my area yesterday (June 22), so I just ste up some manual recordings on Tivo to get me through.

However, Comcast didn't get the new lineup implemented on the 22nd, so I don't know whats going to happen now. Hopefully today.

New Poster

They sent out a snail mail about it a few weeks ago.

Frequent Visitor

andyross wrote:

XfinityWatchDog wrote:

The "HD technology fee" LOL -- Years ago now, the government mandated that all these networks be HD compliant to function with current technology...then they charge us for it?

Not true. The change was from analog to DIGITAL transmission (some low-power stations are still analog). Digital does not have to be HD. Many digital stations are just a single SD, or 6-8 SD's multicast.

You definitely make some valid points Andy. Yet it seems the point of the digital transmission requirement relates to HD capabilities; undoubtedly an amazing improvement over standard definition. The transition was legally required for "full-power" networks and seeing as our discussion here has largely involved major broadcast networks, that was my point. Perhaps the more relevant issue however, is that "cable systems" were NOT legally required to make the transition, yet they charge the HD fee while failing to provide numbers of channels in HD format (when the network feeds clearly exist in HD)! And that's notwithstanding the benefits reaped from bragging and marketing their amazing "Digital Tier" service. Meanwhile, the largest system in the country (Comcast® Xfinity™) remains well behind it's competitors for HD content in countless major markets. Excuses, greed, and the blame game shouldn't be their greatest attributes. The average consumer may be unaware of the nonsense at play, but many of us know better. Comcast has among the most brilliant business and technology professionals in existence....They have every resource and capability of meeting the reasonable and sensible demands of their customers, while continuing to turn impressive profits.

New Poster

I just discovered the duplicate Favorites issue.  Contacted Comcast was told their technicians have been working "double time" to resolve this.  They then suggested using the Forum to search for a solution and then discover the issue has been present for more than 6 months!!

Regular Contributor

They have no intention of fixing this. They think they are doing us a favor when in reality, it is a pain to add one channel and get both the real one and the 1000 duplicate.

Silver Problem Solver

sbwinter2 wrote:

They have no intention of fixing this. They think they are doing us a favor when in reality, it is a pain to add one channel and get both the real one and the 1000 duplicate.

It's mainly a software bug since both channels have the same internal ID code. That was designed to work so that it would still show up as a favorite if it changed channel numbers. The software would need to be updated to somehow keep separate settings based on both the ID and channel number, and allow you to then separately choose which would be tagged as favorite.

New Poster

This new channel thing is retarded. First off we need a option for only channels I get, second why are SD and HD channels even listed separately and if they have to be the guide needs a option to not show them. Having the same stations now on 3 different channels is in no way an improvement. I guess I'm still missing the much better guide options from Directv
Regular Contributor

Well not everyone has an HD TV. Some people have a big HD in the living room or theater room and an old SD TV in a playroom for the kids etc. I really don't see what the problem is. If a person wants to stay with the old HD line up that is OK. If you rather work with the 1000+ groupings work with those. The only time it is a problem is you like to channel search the whole channel guide.

Regular Contributor

Actually the only time I have a problem is when adding a channel to my favorites list. I only want add the channel I want to add and not the 1000 counterpart.

Frequent Visitor

Mrpapagiorgio wrote:
This new channel thing is retarded. First off we need a option for only channels I get, second why are SD and HD channels even listed separately and if they have to be the guide needs a option to not show them. Having the same stations now on 3 different channels is in no way an improvement. I guess I'm still missing the much better guide options from Directv

Just in case...if you mean that a given programmer's SD and HD are on separate channel numbers, it is because Comcast apparently doesn't have a software program which can map, say, USA Network (SD and HD) to the same number. 

This is true of many cable-television providers. (Probably most.)

New Poster

Any idea on when this hits the Nashville TN market?

Regular Contributor

Sellersville PA feed  X1 HD  

Comcast gives me a "view in HD" option.  The Netflix also just defaults to the HD feed  

Regular Contributor

Sellersville PA X1 HD feed

I'm about a commuter rail hour from the Comcast bldg.  I don't know what the fuss is about.  Nothing changed for me except I had to re-[FAVORITE] the BBC/America channel.  These 1000+ channels must be for an iPhone idea.  Why anybody would want to watch a football game on a tiny screen escapes me.  I'm old, I guess hahaha  

Contributor

Overall, I definitely like the more rational organization of channels over 1000. One oversight seems to be that CNN International is missing completely from this range (at least in Atlanta), and only appears at its original position of 206 - I'd think it would have a corresponding number in the 1100 range with the other news channels as well.

Regular Contributor

We don't get a CNN International channel in Boston as far as I can see.

Regular Contributor

Just received my bill and the channel line up including the 1000+ channel numbers are included with the bill

Frequent Visitor

2 channels in my lineup do not show up in the new channel lineup.  Channel 201 and 202 is Primo TV and Kids Central (they are newer channels).  I would think they would go where the kids channels are but I cannot locate them.  They have some good kids content.  Will they be moved eventually?  

Regular Contributor

I'm not finding either of those channels here in Boston

Frequent Visitor

I should have mentioned this is for Comcast Garden State (NJ). I didn't know how to post to this thread without replying. My apologies.
Frequent Visitor

In the Atlanta area CNN International is in the old channel line-up as channel 206, however, It has not been replicated in the new 1000's channels. It should be located in the 1100-1199 "News" neiborhood but it is not. Only the US CNN is there. Do you have any plans to move CNN International into the new 1000-1999 line-up?

Frequent Visitor

I'm sick of this. If I unmark the sd and seconary Hd channels as a favorite then I lose the HD's in the 1000 section. Also how do I get rid of the extra channels?
Regular Contributor

The 1000+ numbers aren't real channels just a different way to orient the existing SD and HD channels by type. Maybe eventually they will make the 1000 numbers real and delete the old SD and HD numbers but for now the 1000+ is just a different way to get to channels but aren't real in themselves.

Service Expert

My 1000 channels are no longer included in my Favorites list.  Yay!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Yes as of this morning I can only get to the 1000+ channels by changing from favorites to all channels.
Regular Contributor

Not for me. If I remove the 1000 version, the regular channel deletes too. If I readd the regular channel, the 1000 comes back.

Regular Contributor

As of yesterday if I scroll up through the channels while in the favorites list I can't scroll past the 900's. Used to scrol into the 1000+ range but not any longer. If I want to get into the 1000+ range I have to punch in a number.

New Poster

This change happened today, apparently, on my X1 cable. It was fine this morning, but by this afternoon all my channels were different, and my local channels and Weatherscan were gone!  It was better before. When can I at least get those missing channels back?

New Poster

I just did a system refresh on my TV/cable, and the channels are back to normal! In the process, a screen flashed saying "something isn't right", so it was apparently detected and fixed (or you guys at Xfinity did it, in which case a hearty thanks!)

Contributor

I just tried a hard reboot and it worked for my DVR but not on the HD box in the bedroom.

New Poster

As software technicians are no doubt diligently working to pioneer functionality of Favorite Channels Lists in conjunction w/ a new Channel Neighborhoods Lineup, a modicum of communication to valued customers would be greatly appreciated. One question for X1 coders - How long? It's just that the human mind does tend toward the dark-side when searching for elusive answers. Naturally, once light is shed on the situation it's far easier to take proper action* to mitigate annoyances.

Until Comcast has finished the process of syncing into an integral whole the new 'Neighborhoods' with Favorites, I've reverted to using the #1-999 Regular Lineup. *For lovers of the Channel Neighborhoods listing, I give this easy tip to check for issue resolution daily (~15-seconds using step 5, once a 4-digit # is memorized):

1) In your 'Favorites' Guide View (regular channels lineup #1-999) select any one of your highest numbered Favs, eg., 697 AMC HD; 2) In your 'Free To Me' Guide View scroll to 'Neighborhoods' Lineup (1000+) and select that same Fav's 4-digit listing; 3) Write down this channel #, eg., 1405 AMC HD; 4) Open 'Favorites' and if it highlights your lowest numbered Favorite, you'll know they're still working on things; 5) Each day voice that 4-digit number into your remote, eg., "1405", then check the 'Favorites' Guide, until you see it opens into 'Channel Neighborhoods'.

There is a reason why patience is called a virtue. Hope this helps! Blessings, lgf

Regular Contributor

Well said, however I prefer the coders working on a [WATCHLIST] rather than these newer "neighborhoods"  

New Poster

Why do you people at Comcast Xfinity feel a need to screw up a system we already know and enjoy. If you're going to make up new programs leave our old ones alone, good God.
Regular Visitor

Nashman12South wrote:

Any idea on when this hits the Nashville TN market?

Would like to know this too, as this is what I'm shown when I enter my zip code

Screenshot_20171006-185715.png
Regular Visitor

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

New Poster

ComcastJessie wrote:

Are you removing any of my channels?

• As part of these lineup changes, we have no plans to remove any channels you have now.

This is a complete lie. Indianapolis, IN 46259 has had Comedy Central HD removed from the lineup. Only get SD now, this is completely ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

DarksideIndy wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

Are you removing any of my channels?

• As part of these lineup changes, we have no plans to remove any channels you have now.

This is a complete lie. Indianapolis, IN 46259 has had Comedy Central HD removed from the lineup. Only get SD now, this is completely ridiculous.

Not on channel 1435 either?

Regular Contributor

I just saw that there are a lot of people who are complaining that all of there channels above 1000 have disappeared completely or only from their Favorites lists. I am still suffering the double listing problem such that if I add from under 1000, the above 1000 is also added. If I try to just add the above 1000, the under 1000 is also added. When are they going to fix all of these bugs??? I don't want Favorites lists that are twice as long - I want each channel there only once. At this point, I don't care if it is under or above 1000, I just want one instance.

Can someone from Comcast address if this is ever going to be fixed or if we must live with this forever?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

The channels above 1000 aren't real channels they are just a different way of organizing the HD channels. At some point Comcast may abandon the under 1000 channels.

When they first introduced the 1000+ numbers my TV guide would scroll past the 900's into the 1000+ but now even though they are marked as favorites when I am in favorites I can't scroll past 999 unless I change to All channels. If I change to HD channels I can scroll into the 1000 numbers but I lose all the 900's past 927. Normally my last 900 channel in my favorites is 959. So I think the channel TV guide is quite messed up for everyone..

Frequent Visitor

We have in Indianapolis area. I hate it. Mixing SD and HD channels is wrong. I only watched the HD channels because they look better. Now I have channels that look like they are playing an old VHS tape in small resolution. Really stinks.
Silver Problem Solver

The new 1000 numbers only carry the HD feed if one is available. Unlike the older numbers, you don't have separate SD and HD. If you tune into a 1000 series number, it will automatically be HD if available.

New Poster

New Channel line-up hits Nashville 12/7 (or sooner).