New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Channel Lineup "New Channels 1000 - 1999"

Administrator
Administrator

Channel Lineup "New Channels 1000 - 1999"

We're introducing a new way to interact with your channel lineup that will make it easier to find the entertainment you love and help discover new favorites.

With this change, channels from 1-999 aren't going anywhere. Channels 1000-1999 will be organized by category, so networks with similar programming - like news networks, sports networks, and kids' networks - will be grouped together into channel neighborhoods to make browsing easier.

This channel lineup, also known as Channel Neighborhoods, was developed to make it easier for our customers to find their favorite shows by organizing networks in neighborhoods beginning with channel 1000.

At this time, there will be no changes to channels 1-999 and customers can continue to find their channels and record their shows in the same manner they do today.

MCLU-Business.PNG

Frequently Asked Questions:

Will the new channel lineup increase my bill?

• The new channel lineup will not affect your bill.

Are you removing any of my channels?

• As part of these lineup changes, we have no plans to remove any channels you have now.

Will this new channel lineup affect my DVR recordings?

• If you're an XFINITY X1 customer, your DVR recordings, favorites and parental controls won't be affected, so you won't have to do a thing. If you don't have X1, you'll need to update your favorites.

Will the Spanish-language channels move?

• Some of your favorite Spanish-language networks will be moving into the new channel neighborhoods, including soccer networks and broadcasters.

If I have XFINITY X1, will my Voice Remote still work?

• Yes, but channels 1000+ will only be seen as options in your channel guide. You won't be redirected to those channels automatically.

Are all TV boxes compatible with the new channel lineup?

• Most TV boxes are compatible with the new channel lineup. However, if you have a DCT-2000 series TV box, you'll continue your SD-only experience, just as you do today. If you have a DTA (SD or HD) or an XiD, you will not receive the new channel lineup on those devices.

If I don't have X1, will I be able to find my channels in their new placements?

• Yes. If you don't have X1, you can simply hit the Search button on your remote and type in the name of the programming you're searching for.

How will you handle SD and HD channels in the channel lineup?

• The 1000+ channels will mostly consist of HD channels. When there is not an HD channel available for a certain network, an SD channel will be broadcast.

What if my TV subscription only gives me SD channels?

• If your current TV subscription doesn't include HD channels, you'll only be able to view SD channels, just like you do now. This includes the SD channels in 1000+. If you tune to an HD channel, you'll receive a message saying that you cannot view this channel in HD.

What if I don't want these extra channels?

• They're a part of your current TV package. There are no new channels in 1000+, just the channels you currently have, but organized differently. Channels in 1000+ are grouped together to help you find more shows like the ones you already love.

What do you mean my channels will be grouped together?

• Channels 1000-1999 will be organized by category, so networks with similar programming - like news networks, sports networks, and kids' networks - will be grouped together into channel neighborhoods. These new channel neighborhoods are designed to make browsing easier and to help you find more of the content you want to watch.

How can I get a printed copy of my new channel lineup?

• After you receive the new channel lineup, you can view or print a copy at xfinity.com/localchannels. If you are unable to print a copy online, you can contact us to request that a copy be mailed to you.

For additional questions, please post them here.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Additional Channel Lineup

Already have them here in Chicago, but still some glitches. WBBM, which should be 1002, is 1006 and SD. WFLD should be 1032, but is missing.

Info about the Chicago find here:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31092201-Content-Possible-setup-for-national-channel-numbers-in-Ch...

Contributor

I wonder when will we see the new lineup in NJ. There is no date in here?
Problem Solver

I don't have it.

Regular Contributor

We dont have it either in California

Administrator
Administrator

If you don't have these additional channels yet, you will notice them soon. They will be fully rolled out to all customers in the coming year. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Will the change take place region-by-region on most Comcast Xfinity systems nationwide?

Contributor

will new channel lineup cards be printed with the new lineups? Also will there be updates to the online lineups?

Lastly when will these be rolled out in the keystone west region?

Problem Solver

Some started showing up in Central California
Not the ones I wanted though just some community channels and on demand ones
Problem Solver

Many areas have their HD channels in the 1000s already, and those have different numbers than these national channel lineups seen in Chicago.

Does this mean that numbers, primarily seen in the Southeast, Indiana and Connecticut, but on a few channels in PA, will be moved to those locations instead?

I would think that could confuse many customers since those channels have been moved into the 1000s after previous numbers existing all over the place, depending on the region.

New Poster

Re: Spike TV channel gone??

I'm in zip 80525.  Spike TV ch. 56 has suddenly disappeared from my available channels -- why?  Nothing else has changed.  Is this a mistake on Comcast's part?

Silver Problem Solver

What tier to do you have? Spike was moved out of Starter sometime last year in most areas.

New Poster

Not sure what you mean by "tier."  On the bill it says "HD Preferred Xf Bundle," which is just their basic digital TV -- we are not paying for extra channels; just have a digital adapter box, not the fancy box with the built-in DVR.  Spike TV was on my set just last week; now is gone.

Silver Problem Solver

The smaller DTA's (digital adapter without OnDemand and other features) are limited to Starter channels and lower, with just a few Preferred channels that also happen to be in either Family or Economy. Since Spike is in none of them, even with Preferred, you cannot view Spike, in addition to a bunch of other Preferred channels (Smithsonian, AHC, Encore movies, etc...)

Other than Limited Basic, you should have one full box included, even if it doesn't have DVR.

If you do have a full non-DVR box (you have OnDemand and a multi-day guide), then it may be another channel change, or something with your account.

Silver Problem Solver

I think this thread should be renamed to something like "New Channels 1000 - 1999". The current title isn't obvious and there have been several posts asking about these new channels.
Frequent Visitor

I noticed extra channels 1002 to 1869 and found out that they are just duplicate channels 702 to 834. If I try to take them off 'my favorites', the corresponding channel also gets taken off (remove channel 1006 and channel 706 is removed, vice versa). So these are just unnecessary channels taking up space. I don't see any grouping, and if I did I wouldn't use them, as I watch shows channel or program specific. It's just irritating to see something there that's not needed, or wanted.
Silver Problem Solver

They only take up space on the guide (or your favorites.) There is no increase in the bandwidth used, as they are both pointing at the same data.

The duplication in the favorites is because it actually uses an internal ID code for the channels. Since that ID is duplicated between the two numbers, it adds them both in. For non-X1, you do not see the duplicate numbers unless you add a new favorite after the change.

Frequent Visitor

Is there any way to remove the added channels (1000-1999) from my favorites list?

It is bad enough being forced to use the channel guide (because the channel up/down control doesn't use favorites) without adding unwanted extra channels to the mix.

Regular Visitor

"They only take up space on ... your favorites." Yeah, we know! That's what we're trying to eliminate is the duplicating of these in our favorites. That's another 27 channels iin my case! What is the solution?

Silver Problem Solver

There seems to be no fix to it due to the way the favorites work. Comcast would possibly have to assign different ID codes to them, but that would then probably mean having separate data for each, which would nearly double the data needed to hold the guide data.

New Poster

1000 level tv channels

I recently noticed I now am receiving channels in the 1000 range. Not everything, but many channels are coming through at the basic level and the digital level (100s). Now many are also broadcast in the 1000 level. I don't notice a difference in quality. Is there a reason for this recent addition?

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Another vote to have the dupes not appear in the favorites lists. I don't need two of a channel in my list. From reading these comments, at least I know that it is crappy system that is doing this, and there is nothing wrong with my box. I dislike that when I am looking all of the airings for a show, now I could have three channels for every single show episode instead of two. It just makes the list longer.

I actually don't even want the 1000s. I already do my own grouping with the favorites lists. I know Comcast thinks this is a good thing, but it isn't for some of us. Please let us choose to see or not see the 1000s channels (like a toggle in the menu). Or at least, reprogram them so that they don't automatically get added in favorites lists when the regular channel is added.

Silver Problem Solver

I think I found a way to get rid of the duplicates, at least for non-X1. My cable box rebooted itself this morning (it seems to do that every 4-5 weeks) and the duplicates have now disappeared. If you are brave, you can try unplugging it from power for a bit, then plugging it back in and wait an hour or so for everything to settle down. Of course, it will then take a day or two for the guide data to fill back in again...

Frequent Visitor

I tried resetting the power on my box. First I deleted all the Favorites, shut off the box, shut down the power and then rebooted. When I tried setting up a new Favorites list it still duplicates the channels. I called Comcast and Support sent in an Open ticket on this. She said that in her information that Comcast was trying to "fix" this. I joined this forum to follow that progress...if any.

Frequent Visitor

I think it would be wise IF you were to move the "adult" premium channels to the upper end of the 1900s ... instead of them being at the upper end of the 1700s right after the Starz Encore channels ... especially since they ARE premium channels that one has to pay extra for ... Honestly, if I'm watching one of the Starz Encore channels in the 1700s and decide to scroll to see what's on HBO/Starz, I really am not interested in scrolling through listings for blue movies made by a high school classmate of mine on the way to HBO/Starz ... Since this is a new feature (1000-1999) and most people don't know about / have these new channels, now would be an opportune time to relocate the adult channels ... In the regular 1-999 listings, you already have the adult channels in their own level (the 800s) ... So, what's the problem with moving them to an area all by themselves??

Silver Problem Solver

Bountyman wrote:

I tried resetting the power on my box. First I deleted all the Favorites, shut off the box, shut down the power and then rebooted. When I tried setting up a new Favorites list it still duplicates the channels. I called Comcast and Support sent in an Open ticket on this. She said that in her information that Comcast was trying to "fix" this. I joined this forum to follow that progress...if any.

What I meant is to create the favorites, THEN reboot the box and see if the duplicates disappear.

Silver Problem Solver

Seattlesix wrote:
I think it would be wise IF you were to move the "adult" premium channels to the upper end of the 1800s ... instead of them being at the upper end of the 1700s right after the Starz Encore channels ... especially since they ARE premium channels that one has to pay extra for ... Honestly, if I'm watching one of the Starz Encore channels in the 1700s and decide to scroll to see what's on HBO/Starz, I really am not interested in scrolling through listings for blue movies made by a high school classmate of mine on the way to HBO/Starz ... Since this is a new feature (1000-1999) and most people don't know about / have these new channels, now would be an opportune time to relocate the adult channels ... In the regular 1-999 listings, you already have the adult channels in their own level (the 800s) ... So, what's the problem with moving them to an area all by themselves??

There is a Parental Control option that can change all Adult rated titles to simply say 'Adult Programming' (or something like that) instead of the real title and description.

Frequent Visitor

I just did that...made a whole new Favorites list and then unplugged my box and plugged it back in. That IS the fix to this. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

How do I get rid of these 1000+ channels from the iPad App?  I am tired of having to scroll through the same channel line up numerous time to get where I want to go.  Let me hide these or the standard channels...is there a way to filter these out?

Frequent Visitor

I know that there's the "parental control" feature ... My point was that since they (Comcast) have the adult programming in a channel tier all by itself now (in the 800s of the current 1-999 channels), that they could easily relocate them to the upper end of the 1900s tier now as most people don't know the 1000-1999 channels even exist ...
Regular Contributor

sbwinter2 wrote:

Another vote to have the dupes not appear in the favorites lists. I don't need two of a channel in my list. From reading these comments, at least I know that it is crappy system that is doing this, and there is nothing wrong with my box. I dislike that when I am looking all of the airings for a show, now I could have three channels for every single show episode instead of two. It just makes the list longer.

I actually don't even want the 1000s. I already do my own grouping with the favorites lists. I know Comcast thinks this is a good thing, but it isn't for some of us. Please let us choose to see or not see the 1000s channels (like a toggle in the menu). Or at least, reprogram them so that they don't automatically get added in favorites lists when the regular channel is added.

Yet another vote for a way to hide the dupes.  For me, they're just an annoyance, both on my X1 DVR and on the Xfinity TV app.

New Poster

Channels showing up as two different number on Favorites - INSP is one, several others too

I'm in Logan, UT - Same feed as Salt Lake City - Several channels started to show up duplicated on my favorites list. For example I put in channel 229 for the INSP channel, and another channel shows up too - 1655 or something.  This happened before - they were coded as the same channel or something.  It's not a huge problem, but is annoying.

Also the TCM(defunct now) channel is not correct - it's 'Movies', and KSL-W is not correct either, it's 'This'

New Poster

what is with the channels in the thousands

Recently there are duplicate channels listed in the guide   #1002 thru 1852.   Why are they added to the guide?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: what is with the channels in the thousands

They are the setup for a national numbering system. See the link below:

Additional Channel Lineup

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Channels showing up as two different number on Favorites - INSP is one, several others too

Comcast is rolling out a national numbering scheme, so many channels are duplicated in the 1000's. See the link below:

Additional Channel Lineup

A side effect, at least with non-X1, is that the Favorites list will show both. There is a workaround, although it can be a bit annoying. Basically, after you add your channels, reboot the box (unplug from power for a few seconds.) This will remove the higher-numbered duplicates, but it will take a few days for the guide to fully reload the programs.

Problem Solver

Re: what is with the channels in the thousands

Comcast is beginning to set up a new system where all of its systems across the country will have the same channel numbers in the 1000s.

Your existing channel numbers from 1 to 999 will remain the same, but these channels will also have a number in the 1000s going forward.

New Poster

700 series channels vs 1000 series

What's the difference between channel numbers in the 7 and 800 hundred series and the ones in the 1000 series?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 700 series channels vs 1000 series

The 1000's are set up to be the same nationally, and will typically point at the HD version if available. The lower numbers will still vary from region to region and will have separate SD and HD numbers.

Valued Contributor

• Yes, but channels 1000+ will only be seen as options in your channel guide. You won't be redirected to those channels automatically.

That's a shame! Having the ability to say the channel name is a great feature for the voice remote.

Silver Problem Solver

RadTV wrote:

That's a shame! Having the ability to say the channel name is a great feature for the voice remote.

I'd assume the voice remote command would just default to the lower channel number, or whatever number is found first? Although I would assume it would default to HD first.

Regular Visitor

I'm curious, do you have ABC7 @ 1007?  I've also tweeted Comcast Support (@comcastcares) about ABC7 missing at 1007 and Fox32 missing at 1032.  Thier answer was they didn't think those channels would be migrating to the 1000s but they would research it more.  Huh?  Why leave three channels out?

I also noticed that CSN+ has no spot in the 1000s though it does have an HD channel at 201.

I have a TiVo and submitted the 1000s channel list to thier programming department.  They updated thier guide recently and (ironically) they put a spot for CBS2 at 1002, ABC7 at 1007 and Fox32 at 1032 but, of course, I get an error message that the channel is unavailable.

Frequent Visitor

It's too bad Comcast doesn't have the software, or whatever it is exactly, which can map standard definition and high definition programmers to the same exact channel number.

If anyone can explain it, thank you.

In the meantime, I hope this standardized lineup gets completed.

Silver Problem Solver

DS0816 wrote:

It's too bad Comcast doesn't have the software, or whatever it is exactly, which can map standard definition and high definition programmers to the same exact channel number.

If anyone can explain it, thank you.

In the meantime, I hope this standardized lineup gets completed.

I think X1 has an option to choose the HD version of a channel (if available) if you tune to an SD version. That option was also added in a recent update to the Roku app currently under Beta testing ("HD Preferred" option in settings.)

New Poster

Re: Channels showing up as two different number on Favorites - INSP is one, several others too

My post got moved, but really not answered.  The fact that there will be a new numbering system doesn't solve the problem with my favorites list having repeats in it.  However it was fixed a couple weeks ago - the ones I mentioned in the post.  

However these now showed up - because they are 'new' and I added them to my lists I suppose

GRIT - 1187 - 379 

CHARGE - 1190 - 365

I actually like the idea of the new numbering system and putting them in 'similar' categories.  Just don't want dupes.

Still have 378 TCN (Not sure but this used to be The Country Network, which was Zuus Country - which is now allive again, but this channel is playing movies) listed instead of MOVIES and 381 KSL-W(weather) instead of THIS listed in the guide too. From Wiki "On May 1, 2014, KUCW replaced ZUUS Country with Movies! on digital subchannel 30.2. ZUUS Country moved to 30.3"

Regular Visitor

Slow and steady updates as we now have (in Chicago) CBS2 showing up at 1002 instead of 1006 which never made any sense.  However, 1002 is an SD feed and not an HD feed.  So I continue to tune to channel 189 for now.

Also still missing ABC7 @ 1007 and FOX32 @ 1032.  They currently have no channel assignment in the 1000 range.  ABC7 is still at 7 (SD) and 187 (HD) and FOX32 is at 32 (SD) and 190 (HD).

Frequent Visitor

1002 and1032,  1007 do not come in for me in Warrenville/West Chicago. 1005 and others do.

i have TiVo with cable card.  These new channels also screw up my TiVo one pass. Often the show wont record if the pass says record on any channel. If I tell it explicitly to record channel 184, the guide immediate is updated and shows it will record. So 1026 is screwing it up somehow. 

Regular Visitor

I also have a TiVo Roamio Pro.  TiVo did put in programming data for ABC7 @ 1007 and FOX32 @ 1032 but Comcast is not duplicating a broadcast on those channels.  Not sure why.

Also, TiVo will show CBS2 programming in HD @ 1002 but Comcast is duplicating the SD feed at 1002.

Lastly, TiVo has incorrect guide data for WGN @ 1009.  They keep switching it back and forth between WGNT (which is out of Virginia) and WGN-AMERICA, which any Chicagoan will tell you is not the same channel.

New Poster

I agree. I seldom use the voice feature now because it sends me back to the 700's and that messes up the way I have my favorites guide set up.  Hopefully they will change, or give the option, of redirecting to the 1000's.

Regular Contributor

I noticed today that  we have the new channel map here (in my part of the "Greater Boston area").  I like that the local channel #'s match what the actual channel is.  Channel 38 is 1038 instead of some random 814, that makes sense.  

What I don't like so much is that the Adult channels are so close to the Kids channels. Kids channels are in the low 1700's and the Adult oriented pay per view is in the high 1700's.  I think there should be more separation between the two areas.  It's very easy for a kid to stumble across the Adult area when looking in the guide for Sprout or Nickelodeon.