Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot activate Showtime or Starz on Amazon Fire TV

New Poster

Cannot activate Showtime or Starz on Amazon Fire TV

Comcast customer service had given me three month free access to Showtime and Starz due to an issue that I had.  When I try to activate these channels on my Amazon Fire TV, the online activation process through Xfinity is asking me to subscribe to these channels. 

When I was at the Comcast store today (picking up a cablecard) and I asked them to check if these two channels are on my account and they confirmed that I do have access to these two channels.  

Any suggestion as to how I can activate these two channels to watch through Fire TV ?

thanks ! 

Chris

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot activate Showtime or Starz on Amazon Fire TV

Unfortunately, Comcast does not allow their customers to activate Starz Everywhere. To activate, you go to activate.starz.com, but that site does not have an option for Comcast customers because Comcast does not allow it. Comcast does this with a lot of services, History Channel, Starz, Cinemax, etc. They are really the only cable company that does this to this extent. Comcast stinks, but Unfortunately for many of us, they are the only ISP/cable provider with decent speeds in the area.