Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cancellation

ANSWERED
New Poster

Cancellation

How do I cancel my service?  TV is garbage these days apart from HBO and I can't even watch ESPN anymore because of they've allowed their political ideology to creep into my TV while watching football.

Accepted Solution

Re: Cancellation

Hi powdershane, we don't want you to feel this way but if you need to cancel services the information that (Welcome_to_Post) provided is correct. You can also call in and have your service cancelled and take your equipment into a local Comcast service center or a UPS store and they will ship the equipment for you.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Bronze Problem Solver

You can call and cancel, but the most sure and secure way to do so is to carry Comcast's equipement to the nearest office and turn it in there.  Note that if you're under a contract, there may be an "early termination fee".  More on that here:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Early-Termination-Fees-ETF/m-p/2892662#M122311

When you return Comcast's equipment, be sure to get a receipt.  Check the serial numbers to make sure the receipt matches any equipment serial numbers.  Keep the receipt in a safe place, until the universe undergoes hydrogen freeze.  Comcast is known to come back weeks, months and even years to claim equipment was never return, and try to charge for it.  That receipt is your proof you did.  Consider scanning or copying it.  Our office uses thermal paper (similar to disappearing ink) that fades to a blank piece of paper in a matter of a week or so.

Official Employee

Hi powdershane, we don't want you to feel this way but if you need to cancel services the information that (Welcome_to_Post) provided is correct. You can also call in and have your service cancelled and take your equipment into a local Comcast service center or a UPS store and they will ship the equipment for you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation