Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can I send a refresh signal online

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 7 (60,551 Views)

Can I send a refresh signal online

Like how Directv allows you to send one on their website?

I keep getting that one moment please on a few channels. The channels that it pops up on changes everyday.

I hate having to call comcast everytime to send a signal out and press a bunch of options just to speak to someone. Can I do this online somewhere?

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 7 (60,538 Views)

Re: Can I send a refresh signal online

The error indicates a signal issue to your TV outlet.  Unless you have  recently made changes to your splitters or wiring, you should get a tech out.  The tech will find and fix the marginal signal issue which can be the drop, loose / wet / corrorded fittings or even upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant.

A refresh signal will not help and is not available online to everyone, since these systems are not the same across the US.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 3 of 7 (60,511 Views)

In my area sending a reset signal is one of the phone tree options when you call 1-800-Comcast. But, as Jay says, "one moment please" suggest a signal problem, and for those a reset signal is not likely to be helpful.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 7 (48,658 Views)

Yet again comcast experts you did not even read the posters question. It was a simple yes or no answer if we can send a refresh signal to a TV without live interaction. So can we do this either with a smart phone app or from online line? Simple question.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 5 of 7 (48,650 Views)

Simple question with a not-so-simple answer.

As Jay stated "A refresh signal will not help and is not available online to everyone, since these systems are not the same across the US".

It's also possible that the feature to do it online does not exist. I've done a search and can find nothing that indicates it is possible.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 6 of 7 (48,512 Views)

You can try comcast.com/activate, but again, it doesn't work for everyone, since these systems are not all the same.  It's a hit and miss if it's available to you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 7 (32,990 Views)