Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

CBS

ANSWERED
New Poster

CBS

Until two weeks ago we could watch The Good Fight and other CBS network programs through our Comcast subscription, on our APPLE TV device. We did watch it. We enjoyed it. Today, however, we cannot watch it without paying a toll to CBS all accsex.

Why did this stop? Is Cable dead? Is CBS extorting money from its viewers? What's up?

I blame Comcast. I am seriously considering bying an antenna and dropping Comcast cable altogether. The few programs I watch that are not on the air, I am willing to subscribe to, because the money saved by dropping CC xcetera outweighs the cost. It would cost me less than wasting money on Comcast only to have services cut without notice. What we were getting as part of our subscription last month has been taken from us, and we are not getting it any more. A search of the web does not yield a useful answer. It is as if the whole world has gone mad.

At any rate, if Good Fight isn't on air, screw it. I'm not going to waste any more of my time on it.

Comcast or Xfinity or whatever you call yourselves is not serving the needs of its users. Cutting off this service is tantamount to a backdoor price increase.

IF CBS IS TO BLAME, you ought to tell your subscribers that. If Comcast eccetera is to blame, shame on you and I'm not going to stay with you for very much longer.

Accepted Solution

Re: CBS

@Disgruntled70 wrote:

Until two weeks ago we could watch The Good Fight and other CBS network programs through our Comcast subscription, on our APPLE TV device. We did watch it. We enjoyed it. Today, however, we cannot watch it without paying a toll to CBS all accsex.

Why did this stop? Is Cable dead? Is CBS extorting money from its viewers? What's up?

I blame Comcast. I am seriously considering bying an antenna and dropping Comcast cable altogether. The few programs I watch that are not on the air, I am willing to subscribe to, because the money saved by dropping CC xcetera outweighs the cost. It would cost me less than wasting money on Comcast only to have services cut without notice. What we were getting as part of our subscription last month has been taken from us, and we are not getting it any more. A search of the web does not yield a useful answer. It is as if the whole world has gone mad.

At any rate, if Good Fight isn't on air, screw it. I'm not going to waste any more of my time on it.

Comcast or Xfinity or whatever you call yourselves is not serving the needs of its users. Cutting off this service is tantamount to a backdoor price increase.

IF CBS IS TO BLAME, you ought to tell your subscribers that. If Comcast eccetera is to blame, shame on you and I'm not going to stay with you for very much longer.

It's on CBS on what platform they release their programming. Right now for some CBS shows All Access is it.

View answer in context
Official Employee

@Disgruntled70 wrote:

It's on CBS on what platform they release their programming. Right now for some CBS shows All Access is it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

THAT IS REALLY UNACCEPTABLE WHEN WE PAY SO MUCH FOR COMCAST

Highlighted
Official Employee

It’s the same for all providers, it’s CBS’ choice

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation