Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

CBS HD

New Poster

CBS HD

I am new to Xfinity.  I am unable to find/see CBS HD.  Any particular reason?

Official Employee

Re: CBS HD

What do you see on Ch 433?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

433 is a digital channel in my viewing area.  It was what I preceived to be HD on my cable prior to subscribing to Xfinity but it is clearly showing in my line up as digital. It shows 433 KSLAD.  Please note that when you sort the remote to show all HD channels, it is added to the listing but it is digital, not HD.  I have spoken with two representatives trying to get the answer to this question since subscribing to this service.  The first agent PROMISED he'd call back with the answer to my question....no call.  The next agent told me the CBS HD channel was 1012....it is not.

Problem Solver

@lwjohnson12 wrote:

433 is a digital channel in my viewing area.  It was what I preceived to be HD on my cable prior to subscribing to Xfinity but it is clearly showing in my line up as digital. It shows 433 KSLAD.  Please note that when you sort the remote to show all HD channels, it is added to the listing but it is digital, not HD.  I have spoken with two representatives trying to get the answer to this question since subscribing to this service.  The first agent PROMISED he'd call back with the answer to my question....no call.  The next agent told me the CBS HD channel was 1012....it is not.

All channels are digital now. There are no analog channels.  Channel 433 in your service area would be HD 16:9 (wide-screen) if your local channel transmits network programs in HD wide-screen. Their local programing might only be 4:3 (SD) which would show vertical bars unless you zoomed the picture.

Do you have an HD cable-box? Does your monthly bill show you are paying for HD service?  If not, you might not be getting any HD channels. In past years you would have gotten local HD channels if you had a HD television. with less regulations now days you might have you might have to pay extra for HD service.

New Poster

Yes I have HD service and again, 433 was showing as a HD channed prior to my shift to Xfinity so I am not sure the issue is with the local programming.  All other channels are showing properly as HD; however, this one still does not.  

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation