Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 401 of 633

Why Comcast does not provide Bein Sports in HD, as other providers like their competitors do transmit in HD, and I do know for sure that Bein Sports transmits in HD. Many of my friends do watch this channel and I am sure lots of people do, so why Comcast can not transmits HD. I called customer service and they told me to write an email to Customer Support and make a request, which is exactly what I am doing with a hope that more people want same thing and this problem can be fixed, because in my house this is the most wathced channel! Thanks for your attention!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 402 of 633

We live in the west suburbs of Chicago, IL and this channel from it's inception seeral years ago is being broadcasted in 1080 full HD from the network source. For some reason, our Comcast, who claims having exeptional Xfinity service, will not reboardcast these two channels in full HD and it is obsurred. I have to go see the games at a near by hotel with DirecTV in their lobby bar. Why does Comcast Xfinity refuse to rebroadcast these 2 fine channels in full HD? I want to know why, and I demand change!

WE WANT FULL HD BEINSPORTS (CH400) AND BEINSPORTS SPANISH (CH594)

NOW!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 403 of 633

I've been looking into this since last year and it seems that people have been asking about it but never get an answer from Comcast. I heard somebody spoke to a Comcast representative and the rep told them to write an e-mail to someone else. LOL. Appearently that didn't help...

I like watching Serie A and Roma is my team. They show quite a few games, but this Sunday they will show Real Madrid on both the spanish speaking Bein and the regular one, and I can't even log into Sports Connect to watch my team.

Definitely considering switching providers if not for this only reason!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 404 of 633

For several years I have watched this question asked and have yet to see any response from Comcast / Xfinity, so I figure I will ask it one more time with the unlikely hope of getting some type of answer.

With every major TV provider, Dish, DirecTV, AT&T, Time Warner, Verizon, etc., subscribers that get the beIN Sports channel are also able to login to the beIN Sports online experience where they are able to watch additional games that otherwise are not available on the regular channel.  In addition, these providers offer the beIN Sports channel in an HD format.

When will Comcast / Xfinity realize that this is something that many of their subscribers would also like to enjoy?  I know the lack of acces to this entertainment, for which we are paying since the beIN channel is part of a premium package, is something that seriously makes me consider leaving Comcast to another subscriber.

Supposedly Comcast was negotiating with beIN Sports at the end of last year (2015), but nothing has come from it at this time.

Please provide an update as to when Comcast subscribers will be allowed to enjoy the full beIN Sports network.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 405 of 633

In Atlanta this week, with no notice or fanfare, Comcast quietly added an HD set of Spanish sports channels, including beIN, NBC Universo, and ESPN Deportes. BeIN en espanol is on Channel 603 here, and I am currently watching Copa Del Ray with English commentary on the SAP channel. Keep checking and maybe your area will get this soon.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 406 of 633
Posted by
Contributor

Message 407 of 633

I want to see Kay Murray and the ENGLISH folk in HD!!! Come on COMCAST!!! This is like giving a blind man 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 408 of 633

There is a 1 v 2 matchup in serie A tomorrow and I probably wont watch it because its in garbage 480p. 

It's obviously the comcast wants to protect their prize possession, the rights to the Premier League. They don't wanna have any competition for it, so they leave bein in SD, so people won't watch it. They also do the same thing by not having FS2 (which now has the German League). Again don't wanna any competition for their precious little baby, the premier league. 

People need to complain to the FCC about these tactics and how they are criminal, or at least monopolistic.

Once I can get my stupid apartment complex to say it's ok, I'm going to dish network. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 409 of 633

+1 on this garbage. First I got the Premeire package because they said it included ALL sports channels. When the Six Nations started I turned on BeIN to find that I don't get BeIN at all! Called Comcast, she assured me it is included. Three phone calls later, I had to pay $5 more a month for it as a special add-on. Fine, I am super irritated, but whatever. Sat down to watch the game. It's not even in 1080HD!!! What the? And now to find this forum and see it was posted about three years ago?!?!

I understand that rugby is not the most popular sport in the nation, but with all the complaints about BeIN soccer not being in 1080, you'd think they would have listened to the customers by now.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 410 of 633

Hey you guys should all check your spanish channel, cause i don't have bein hd but i have bein spanish hd and espn deportes fox deprtes nbc universo all in hd, so I can watch all big 5 euro leagues in hd, but in spanish tho... lol

Posted by
Contributor

Message 411 of 633

thecrowdog wrote:

+1 on this garbage. First I got the Premeire package because they said it included ALL sports channels. When the Six Nations started I turned on BeIN to find that I don't get BeIN at all! Called Comcast, she assured me it is included. Three phone calls later, I had to pay $5 more a month for it as a special add-on. Fine, I am super irritated, but whatever. Sat down to watch the game. It's not even in 1080HD!!! What the? And now to find this forum and see it was posted about three years ago?!?!

I understand that rugby is not the most popular sport in the nation, but with all the complaints about BeIN soccer not being in 1080, you'd think they would have listened to the customers by now.

I'm not sure this is the oldest thread. It took 3 years before Comcast started broadcasting beIN ñ HD in our area (Pacific NW). And, even though I pay extra for the package, I DO NOT get ESPN Deportes or the Spanish Fox Sports channel(they're offered in our area, but only with the Spanish-language package).

I'm so disgusted with Comcast and their service! If competition were allowed, I would change providers in a heartbeat. Of course, Comcast knows they're the only game in town. At least Ma Bell was good at what it did. "We're Comcast. We don't care because we don't have to."

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 412 of 633

Hey Michelle,

You can hear English commentary on most matches on beIN en Espanol by going into Audio Settings on the cable box menu. Select English as the language for the SAP (secondary audio program) and then anytime English is sent out by a Network on the SAP, the box will automatically play English audio on that channel. BeIN almost always uses this service for live and replay full matches.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 413 of 633
Got the dish installed and am enjoying FS2 in HD, beIN Sports in HD, 50 other sports channels comcast doesn't have...all of them are in HD. cut the cord. It feels good.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 414 of 633

Yeap, as I said in the "why do we not get FS2" thread, this is all bc Comcast/NBC do not want competition for their EPL investment. beIN sends out the signal in HD, Comcast just refuses to put the English channel in HD so they can force people to decide: EPL in HD or beIN in crappy SD.

It is really sad actually because I really really love what NBC has done for the EPL - Fox Soccer, the previous TV owner, was not doing it justice. Having all games streaming or on NBC/NBCSN/USA has been amazing....however, that does not justify them not offering FS2 nor broadcasting beIN in HD.

Comcast does not care to be honest, they make so much money off us before adding these things, why would they change...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 415 of 633

Thanks. However, I don't receive Bein enspanol in HD. Second, I don't care there is this opportunity (I can understand spanish). Again what is annoying is that they are the only company who has not reached an agreement with BeIn sport to connect with Bein connect that allows you to watch Bein games not broadcasted on TV. 

If you add to this they just add 5$ each month to my bill because "broadcasting fee..." I guess this is even more annoyed. 

Direct TV has just offered a great deal and thinking to move back with them

Posted by
Contributor

Message 416 of 633

Can't wait until we get Google where we're at.  Sick of Comcast and their overpriced monopoly.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 417 of 633

Removed. Violation of Posting Guidelines: As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification. Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 418 of 633

Not sure if this has been discussed, but live matches on BEIN Sports HD in espanol can be watched in english (when available) by clicking on the SAP button.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 419 of 633

I would switch to Comcast today (from Directv) but the lack of BeIn sports in HD is beyond bizarre and a deal killer.  It is one of my favorite channels and I'm not going backward to try and take advantage of Comcast's Triple Play.  The SAP workaround is nice but I would still miss out on other programming.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 420 of 633

Just switched from DirecTV to Xfinity/Comcast last month.  Now I have just placed my order to switch back to DirecTV because I'm SO disappointed with Xfinity's lack of HD in general.  I was really annoyed to see Bein Sports is only in SD, it simply looks awful.

In fact, I've noticed that DirecTV had MANY more channels in HD.  For example, if you have HBO, there are probably 6-8 HBO channels available but only 2-3 of them are in HD on Xfinity but on DirecTV they are all in HD same goes for ESPN or other premium channels.  I suspect Xfinity does this because they have limited bandwidth over a wire so they have to limit which channels they send in HD and which they send in SD.  On DirecTV, I never had to watch any channel in SD because everything I cared about was in HD.

Also, the recording functionality was much better on DirecTV.  With Xfinity I can't record a sports league season. I have to go to each individual game and set the recording.  If I try using Xfinity's favorite team feature, Xfinity records every single show with any mention of the team, including repeats, specials, documentaries, etc and it doesn't give me an option to just record live games.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 421 of 633
Posted by
Visitor
Message 422 of 633
I have to add my request to the list of customers who want BeIn sports in HD. I do not understand how this topic has been an issue for three years with no resolution. I have not seen any comments from Comcast in this thread (ok, I did not read every entry).

BeIn Sports is broadcasting World Super Bike and it is not watchable in the downgraded format Comcast is broadcasting. It is so obvious that BeIn is producing HD, so what is the reason Comcast would not just broadcast in HD? Is it really that much more expensive to add another HD channel? Is it worth the number of customers who leave for that reason alone? It seems shortsighted.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 423 of 633

We ALREADY PAY FOR IT!  WHAT'S THE HOLD UP????

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 424 of 633

Can anyone comment on the SAP broadcast on the Spanish version of BeIn?  Do you hear the normal broadcasters, i.e. Phil and Ray? Can you watch shows like The Locker Room?  The lack of BeIn in HD is keeping me from switching from Directv (i.e. ATT)

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 425 of 633
Yes, Phil and Ray will normally comment on La Liga games, but not all. The locker room is in spanish as they have their own version of that show. Unfortunately for me, NJ does not even have Bein spanish in HD so all games are only SD. It is available in HD online, so like me, you can hook up your PC to your TV and watch it that way as a workaround. Sometimes they'll show Barca or Madrid playing on spanish channel over some serie A game that is being played on english Bein, but online does not have SAP version available, which is just another bummer. Hope this helps.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 426 of 633

I did some reasearch and this is the reason why Comcast will NEVER carry Bein in HD.  Comcast owns the rights to the Premier league and they do not want to offer the competition (bein) in the same quality as their NBC sports network.  It's absolutely patetic that we pay the money we pay for their service and can't get this station in the quality we deserve.  In the mean time, they have other channels tha barely anyone watches in HD.  

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 427 of 633

I have seen post in the Chicago area that Comcast is carrying BEIN HD (334 in Chicago). They also added HD versions of Fox Deportes and ESPN Deportes. I think right now it seems to be mainly in the areas converted to MPEG4 .

Posted by
Contributor

Message 428 of 633
This is good that Chicago got Bein in HD.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 429 of 633
I think this is great news. I'm in east coast I hope we next.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 430 of 633

Has anyone else been able to confirm that BeIN sports in available (in some districts) in HD.  Every time I contact the reps they "lie" to me.

My simple question to them is whether BeIN sports is available in HD and they always say "absolutely....all sports packages are in HD."  I then ask for the channel number and there is a long delay.  They then always come back and say it is in English without providing a channel number (not even the question I asked).  I then reiterate all I want to know is whether the English channel is in HD.  They then say "yes, all sports package channels are in HD."  I then ask whether channel 294 (BeIN sports) in HD and they say NO, but it is in English!!!

I swear this has happened five times in a row!!!  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 431 of 633

In the area where I live (northern Virginia) it is not in HD and so Bein in Spanish. The quality of images for not being HD is like going back to the 60s.... However, to me is even more annoying that they are the only provider who doesn't have an agreement to connect with BEin connect. This is the BEin on line TV that let you watch games that are not broadcasted on their two TV channels (that by the way often have the same game..).  So I am forced to watch them on Roja directa that is not stable. 

It would be nice if Comcast would provide for once an official statement of what are their plan. They simply ignore us and that is the reason I am closing to go back to Direct TV.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 432 of 633

I am with Directv currently and the quality is excellent, but with the purchase by ATT my price has soared almost 50% in less than a year as they are no longer offering discounts.    I want to go to Comcast to get much faster internet and almost as good TV (all at a much lower price), but the BeIN Sports issue is a deal breaker......I watch that channel way too much to go back to the stone ages!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 433 of 633
The same thing has happened to me as well. I asked Comcast on the phone about bein in HD and the person on the phone responded by saying we have sports channels in HD. I had to ask a few times and then the representative said we carry bein sports. Question I had asked when bein sports coming in HD. It just sad strange company. This is literaly what happened. But I have noticed I'm afraid this a society problem it has happened to me in the past people answer the wrong question. The standards are brought to the ground.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 434 of 633

The bigger issue in my mind is that Comcast is either flat out lying or at worst misleading their customers / potential customers!  Most people when asking a clear and simple question expect a straight answer.  However, Comcast management has clearly taught its CSRs to avoid the question by providing an answer that the uninformed would not know was incorrect or incomplete......VERY SAD....Shame on them.   

Posted by
Contributor

Message 435 of 633

This is exactly right. Before I switch to them I asked several times do you have BeIn in HD and do you have Bein connect available. Two different people said yes of course. Now two only possibilities they don't know or they know but they have been told to say "yes of course". Both of above are bad.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 436 of 633

com100 wrote:
The same thing has happened to me as well. I asked Comcast on the phone about bein in HD and the person on the phone responded by saying we have sports channels in HD. I had to ask a few times and then the representative said we carry bein sports. Question I had asked when bein sports coming in HD. It just sad strange company. This is literaly what happened. But I have noticed I'm afraid this a society problem it has happened to me in the past people answer the wrong question. The standards are brought to the ground.

Check channel 3034 in your area of NJ. That should be beIN Sports (English) in HD.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 437 of 633

borgarelli1408 wrote:

This is exactly right. Before I switch to them I asked several times do you have BeIn in HD and do you have Bein connect available. Two different people said yes of course. Now two only possibilities they don't know or they know but they have been told to say "yes of course". Both of above are bad.

Check channel 3034 in your area of VA. That should be beIN Sports (English) in HD.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 438 of 633

Ozam wrote:

I am with Directv currently and the quality is excellent, but with the purchase by ATT my price has soared almost 50% in less than a year as they are no longer offering discounts.    I want to go to Comcast to get much faster internet and almost as good TV (all at a much lower price), but the BeIN Sports issue is a deal breaker......I watch that channel way too much to go back to the stone ages!

Check channel 3034 in your area of GA. That should be beIN Sports (English) in HD.

beIN Sports (Espanol) is available in HD in your area on channel 603.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 439 of 633

nj_soocer_fan wrote:

I did some reasearch and this is the reason why Comcast will NEVER carry Bein in HD.  Comcast owns the rights to the Premier league and they do not want to offer the competition (bein) in the same quality as their NBC sports network.  It's absolutely patetic that we pay the money we pay for their service and can't get this station in the quality we deserve.  In the mean time, they have other channels tha barely anyone watches in HD.  

Can you check channels 3034 and 3038? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 440 of 633
I'm in south NJ the highest number is 1998 xfinity tv help and support. I see all this other areas getting bein sports HD but nothing over here yet.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 441 of 633

ComcastTeds:

Thank you for the reply.  It is good to know that Comcast monitors its own forums.  As I stated, I am a prospective customer and do not have the service yet!   What package would someone need to have access to channel 3034 (it doesn't show up on the Comcast website listings) as I plan to call some friends and have them check it out!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 442 of 633
Comcast also doesn't have FS2 at all, let alone HD.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 443 of 633

Your kidding right?  No FS2?  That means you miss half the UEFA Champions League games...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 444 of 633
Nope, that's why I went to direct TV from comcast...
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 445 of 633
To: ComcastTeds

Nice to know that Comcast is beginning to roll out beIN Sports HD in English. I have the Spanish version in the San Francisco Bay Area (Channel 677). Any idea when the English HD channel will be available here?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 446 of 633

There is no channel 3034.... I guess this is one of the usual unfunded answer...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 447 of 633

In my area they have FS2 but is not HD again... and the quality is even worse than Bein...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 448 of 633

there is no 3034 channel on comcast... at least in my area (they said to look at it..)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 449 of 633
In my area it goes up to channel 1998 nothing higher. Maybe they are working on to put bein HD in 3004 new channel coming soon? I think is coming soon here in NJ because other areas got it.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 450 of 633
Did you just get Fox sports 2 recently? Which area?