Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 301 of 647
Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia don't get Bein HD or Fox sports 2 AT ALL. I'm switching to direct tv if we don't get word of getting it soon. I suggest everyone else do the same.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 302 of 647

Another vote for PLEASE PUT BEIN SPORTS on the HD lineup.  It comes to y'all in HD, and you're downscaling.  That has to take more time/manpower than just putting the original HD signal up.  Looks like it's been 3 years of people asking for this.  Just do it?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 303 of 647

No BEIN in HD, no GolTV. I cannot say it any other way. Comcast sucks!!!! changing to Uverse. Comcast does not show any interest in adding these channels to their lineup.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 304 of 647

add this channel in HD or we will switch to another service

Posted by
Visitor

Message 305 of 647

For Minnesota customers - Please add HD Bein Sport (ENGLISH VERSION) and add comcast/Xfinity to the list of providers able to access Bein sport play!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 306 of 647

Just switched from Uverse to Comcast. Before switching confirmed bein was included in Comcast package, then switched. Now completely, thoroughly disapointed to realize it only comes in SD. Just never thought to ask...Comcast that advertises its high speed cable network does not offer bein in HD??? Uverse had it!

I may have to switch...really miss the sport channel lineup Uverse offers much more.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 307 of 647

Why are none of the hispanic channels nor BEIN Sports in HD? 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 308 of 647

It took THREE YEARS for Comcast/Xfinity to provide beIN Sports ñ in HD for our area (western Oregon), so I'd switch, if I were you. We still don't have the English-language version in HD. beIN Connect does not list Comcast/Xfinity as one of the providers in its app. Why? 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 309 of 647
Remember when you were told how great the free market was for consumers then you realized there are just a bunch of monopolies that overcharge their customers and have no incentive to better the service cause Hey! We're a freaking monopoly! Try going somewhere else. Can't wait until Google and Apple crush all these overpriced Internet and cable monopolies.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 310 of 647

Gee.... Looks like this thread has been going for a year and still comcast doesn't seem to get it.

I just added the "Sports entertainment" package to be able to get beIN sports HD.

I get the "beIN Sports HD" cause you can see the beIN Sports HD logo in the corner. BUT apparently Comcast doesn't bother to broadcast it in HD and scales it down to SD which looks like cow manure.

So what's up with that? If it's a bandwidth problem you have 50 or 60 HD junk channels that nobody watches and people are paying EXTRA for beIN Sports HD. It needs to actually be in HD. Get with it

Posted by
Visitor

Message 311 of 647

I will add my voice to the chorus.  Very disappointed that the quality of beIN Sport is so bad with Comcast.  Here's what beIN Sport's website says ...

Why isn’t beIN SPORTS available in HD from my provider?

beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español is offered in HD to all our cable TV and satellite providers at no additional cost to them for carrying it.  Providers decide whether they offer HD or SD to their customers. Please contact your provider and let them know you want the beIN SPORTS networks in HD today

I guess all we can do is keep asking.  If the answer from Comcast continues to be "no," however, it would be nice to at least receive an explanation why.  This thread shows years of frustration by customers without any adequate response from Comcast itself.  My experience with Comcast as a relatively new customer has been pretty good, but this particular issue is demonstrating to me why I had always heard they have such a poor customer service reputation.  These requests and comments at least deserve a response!  As the previous poster said, please keep in mind we pay for this!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 312 of 647
To: ComcastTeds

Up until about July 1 you were pretty responsive to inquiries from subscribers. I will ask again, when will the English station for beinSports HD be provided in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have the Spanish station. It is now time for the English station.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 313 of 647

It would be nice to have it the Philly area at all! Thread been going on at least 2 years...its either they just don't care or they are intentionally aren't doing anything about it. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 314 of 647

Bring it to the washington DC metro area.. I got FIOS knocking on the door with a good deal.  One more month if no news, thanks and bye bye never again.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 315 of 647

willitos wrote:

Bring it to the washington DC metro area.. I got FIOS knocking on the door with a good deal.  One more month if no news, thanks and bye bye never again.

If you have VZ FiOS as an alternative, you should jump and run. It took Xfinity/Comcast 3 years to get beIN ñ HD in our area. They still don't have the English-language version available, though I can watch any number of useless channels in HD. I'm fortunate that I speak Spanish, but I'm in solidarity with my non-Spanish-speaking brothers and sisters. I would give a lot for our area to have true competition to Xfinity/Comcast. Only satellite companies, which are vastly inferior, provide any alternative, here. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 316 of 647

When will BEIN Sports be available in HD on comcast?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 317 of 647

Comcast is a complete ripoff and joke. 3 years and we still don't have BeIn sports in HIGH DEFINITION......ridiculous. DirecTV is better. Also I pay for the sports & entertainment package but can't watch football/soccer games onESPN deportes or fox deportes. What gives?? Comcast you continue to not listen to your customers. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 318 of 647

@Jmboucha - I, too, think that the sports package is a ripoff. I understand that the Deportes channels of Fox and Univision are Spanish-language channels, but to force us to pay for the Spanish-language sports channels, separately, feels like we're being exploited. It took Xfinity/Comcast THREE years to get beIN Sports ñ in HD in our area. Unfortunately, satellite providers don't perform well, here. Otherwise, I'd leave Xfinity/Comcast behind.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 319 of 647
Yes 3 years and 7 pages of posts and still nothing, but I'm so excited that I got discovery family in HD. ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS...I bet there were a whole nobody asking for that. I'm actually starting to believe the idea that this is on purpose to push the premier league because they have a huge conflict of interest. Comcast needs to be broken up like bell telephone. It's enough already.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 320 of 647
@donope - It's insane. Sorry you're having to watch La Liga, Serie A, and Ligue games in SD. I'm still trying to figure out how beIN ñ and Univision Deportes are included with the Sports package, but ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes aren't. So, no UEFA championship qualifiers for me. Rip-off.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 321 of 647

When will comcast/xfinity make bein sports available in HD for customers in New Castle County, Delaware?  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 322 of 647

I'm dropping sports package if HD isn't offered on BEIN Sports

Posted by
Contributor

Message 323 of 647

Pango0274 wrote:

I'm dropping sports package if HD isn't offered on BEIN Sports

Be warned: It took THREE YEARS from the time we first signed up for the sports package to get beIN Sports ñ HD (we get both English-language and Spanish-language SD). I'm lucky that I don't care whether it's in Spanish or not, but my wife would certainly enjoy it more in English. Yes, I can switch the games to English using the setup of the STB, but the rest of the programming is in Spanish. If I could move to a different provider, I would. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 324 of 647

Two great games on this weekend, the Milan derby and Barcelona v Atletico Madrid...and i probably wont even bother to watch either one because of the garbage picture quality. Seriously thinking about going to Dish. They now have a 2 year rate lock and they have bein in English in HD and FS1 AND FS2 in HD. My god what a crazy idea. It's enough already. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 325 of 647

donope wrote:

Two great games on this weekend, the Milan derby and Barcelona v Atletico Madrid...and i probably wont even bother to watch either one because of the garbage picture quality. Seriously thinking about going to Dish. They now have a 2 year rate lock and they have bein in English in HD and FS1 AND FS2 in HD. My god what a crazy idea. It's enough already. 

@donope - You've heard it from me, before: If I had an alternative, I would leave Xfinity/Comcast. Were I you, I wouldn't hesitate. Xfinity/Comcast won't give a timeline. It will just, one day, become available. Good luck.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 326 of 647

@RobGrave1-thanks for the support. I'm just making sure that i can get all my local sports channels. Once I know i can get them, i will be switching.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 327 of 647

donope wrote:

@RobGrave1-thanks for the support. I'm just making sure that i can get all my local sports channels. Once I know i can get them, i will be switching.

@donope - I wonder, often, why customers don't get a choice of cable providers. For instance, I'd like to choose between Xfinity and Verizon FiOS. Instead, I get only to choose between Xfinity and satellite companies. In our area (the Pacific Northwest), satellite doesn't work very well. Weather is a factor, and, well, lots of trees and hills. Of course, invariably, satellite providers have issues with content providers that I don't often see with Xfinity. So, there's that. But, Xfinity makes like they've got great service, but they're not at all responsive to customers' requests for information.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 328 of 647
Posted by
Visitor

Message 329 of 647

Please add BeIN in HD. This is very frustrating. FS2 should also be in HD.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 330 of 647

@RobGrave1-we have some Verizon fios in our area (north of philly) but of course I live in an apt building thats only with comcast. Comcast is too big, plain and simple. They have NBC, Universal, and almost got Time Warner. It's borderline criminal  (but as I like to say, the really powerful never have to break the law, they just have them changed.) 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 331 of 647

@donope - I agree that Comcast is too big. Their claim to be customer-service-oriented is hogwash [please insert stronger invective; I don't wish to have my post "moderated"]. I'm unsure as to why or how it is unprofitable for competing technologies (e.g. VZ FiOS) to offer in markets such as ours. A company offering good service will get the customers. In the meantime, we wait for FS2 (both SD & HD), as well as beIN Connect and beIN Sports HD (English-language version). Oh, we've got HD channels galore where we can watch animals die for no good reason, view costume jewelry we won't purchase, and ludicrous people like Ted Nugent, but we can't view the most-popular sport IN THE WORLD easily. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 332 of 647
i was looking to see when Comcast intends to offer this channel (726) in HD. I pay a little extra for the sports package in order to watch Spanish LaLiga soccer. I know BEIN offers the channel in HD because Fios and satellite have it in true HD. I called Comcast this morning and was advised it is only offered in SD. Is there a timeframe when we will have this in HD?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 333 of 647

Another Serie A (AC Milan vs Inter-Milan) soccer Sunday game without beinSport HD. C'mon Comcast put your game face on and bring beinSport HD to your North Delaware customers! 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 334 of 647
Seriously, I'm getting pretty sick of laying extra money for a channel I can barely watch because of extremely poor picture quality. beIN SPORTS IS BROADCAST IS HD, WHY WONT COMCAST ADD THE HD CHANNEL AND CARRY IT! EVERY SINGLE OTHER CHANNEL THAT IS BROADCAST IN HD COMCAST OFFERS IN HD......EXCEPT BEIN SPORTS. THAT'S ABSURD IT'S WRONG AND NO ONE AT COMCAST CARES BECAUSE THE CORPORATE CROOKS AT COMCAST HQ KNOW THAT EITHER WAY PEOPLE WILL PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THE CHANNEL AND SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE AND JUST DEAL WITH IT. ALL I SEE IS FORUM AFTER FORUM AFTER FORUM OF COMCAST CUSTOMERS REQUESTING AND RANTING ABOUT BEIN SPORT NOT BEING IN HD. THAT'S GARBAGE AND REPRESENTS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IN AND OF ITSELF SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO PROMPT COMCAST TO ADD THE CHANNEL IN HD!! IT'S BROADCAST IN HD, WHY WON'T COMCAST ADD AND OFFER IT????? CAN'T SAY IT'S ABOUT MONEY BECAUSE I KNOW THAT'S A LIE, COMCAST HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH. Time to own up and honor your "customer service excellency" and try to please the customer. Pretty sure I'm goin back to Direct TV or Fios by the end of the year when Verizon Finishes digging in my neighborhood to lay all the fiber optic cable. Tired of the outrageous cable bills and tired of not getting the one little thing that everyone on here wants.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 335 of 647
BeinSport on my iPhone has HD quality, why can't it be the same on my TV/STB. Makes no sense.

Xfinity, if you stream in HD, why don't you telecast in HD?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 336 of 647

Add beinsports espanol , fox deportes , and espn deportes in hd please it unbearable to watch it in standard the lines are blurry . I have requested this several times already and hope this issue will be resolve soon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 337 of 647
Just coming back to complain about the broken promises I received from the Customer Service dept when I called back in April. Told it was coming in May. Then I was told June. We are in September and still don't have it. Verizon knocking on the door. Might answer now.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 338 of 647
Good after noon . I just add another post to the subject . Because I didn't see any response from customer service . Do you listen to us ?
We pay a lot to watch soccer and we can't even watch bein sports connect like any other provider ?and even worse Bein sports is not in hd ?are you kidding ?
Why can't you let people add channels they want ?i miss ESPN 3 and ESPN desportes and I have to upgrade to the next preferred package . That's not serious !
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 339 of 647

I dropped the Sports and Entertainment package this week. I told the rep. I would add the S&E pack back in a heartbeat if/when beIN is offered in HD. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 340 of 647

This is getting rediculous. Only major tv provider without bein in hd...Comcast. Only major company without Fox Sports 2...Comcast. only major provider without bein connect...Comcast. now I go on to my Xbox and try to load the NFL app so i could get see NFL redzone and NFL Network on my Xbox One. Only major company not on the list of over 500 cable providers...you guessed it...Comcast. Only major company not to even have an Xbox 1 app...I think you know the answer...but I'll say it anyway...COMCAST!!! the Department of Justice should be looking into Comcast for Antitrust violations.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 341 of 647

It's because how many times can you say the same nonsense. Also just shows how much Comcast really "cares".

Posted by
Contributor

Message 342 of 647

In our area, we have beIN Sports ñ HD. However, the audio portion isn't consistent. If I use "default language" in the setup area of the STB, it switches from one game to another from Spanish to English to Spanish, again. If the primary language for a game is English, and I want to listen to the Spanish-language commentators (they're often much more insightful), I have to switch the STB's audio feed to "English!" It's so frustrating.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 343 of 647

Like we are just talking to ourselves here...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 344 of 647

The very best part about our dear cable system is that we can, indeed, get beIN in what has to be HD through the TV Go app.

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 345 of 647
I signed up for the sports package and then found out none of the soccer channels are high definition. What a rip. Can someone tell me when Bein Sports will be in hi def???
Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 346 of 647
It is not in 720p or 1080i. It is SD
Posted by
Visitor

Message 347 of 647
Come on comcast we pay good money to get the sports and HD channels, let's get with the program Bein Sports needs to be in HD!!!!!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 348 of 647

@Cruncher1201 - That's not saying much, of course. I LOVE (sarcasm, there) that we can get all the shopping channels in HD, but not soccer.

@Dzl - Don't count on finding out any time  soon. The Comcast moderators have abandoned the thread. I haven't seen a post by any of them in a while, and I've posted some questions directly to one or two and haven't received a response. It's hard for them to answer questions that the company doesn't want answered. I'm guessing they risk losing their jobs.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 349 of 647

@robgrave1 they have abandoned this thread and the fox sports 2 in HD thread as well. I had the "honor" of working for Comcast for a bit and it was the most disjointed and mismanaged organization you can imagine. I'm sure the moderators were like me, never informed of anything and told to just say the same scripted nonsense over and over. To everyone, expect no answers and no action on their part anytime in the near future.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 350 of 647

@donope - Thanks for the heads-up. I figured that they had to have abandoned it, and I think I know why. It must be discouraging for them to be put on the spot like this. I keep posting because I went without beIN HD for so long, I feel an obligation to speak up. Besides, beIN Connect and Fox2 would be nice to have. beIN Connect is the app that would allow, I think, more content and remote access to beIN-televised games. Of course, FS2 is a channel that often broadcasts alternative games. If I could move off of Comcast, I would. I suppose it's not good for me to say that, since it clearly indicates that there is no competition for Xfinity/Comcast in our area that is worth a heck. Maybe I'll just "cut the cord" and go with online services. I fear that Xfinity would seek revenge by throttling bandwidth. Remind me: Why'd I quit drinking?