Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 251 of 640

Please add Bein HD in Washington D.C. We want to see the Copa America in HD. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 252 of 640
Philadelphia wants Bein Sports in HD and FS2 in HD!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 253 of 640

Comcast Teds

As a Broward County resident, to clarify, BeinHD is available in Spanish only on channel 595.  So good picture, but I can't understand a word they're saying.  Please add the English version of BeinHD - also FS2, GolTV etc in HD.  Catch up with the competition that Comcast is far behind with respct to total HD channels offered.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 254 of 640
@Viking954 - Have you tried changing the audio setup of your Comcast box while on 595? Using the SAP (Secondary Audio Program) feed, you might find that beIN ñ (the Spanish version) has English-speaking announcers, at least for the games themselves. The regular shows are still Spanish-only.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 255 of 640

This is absurd. I just got the "sports entertainment package" specifically to watch soccer, and I'm just now seeing that virtually every other cable / satellite provider offers BEIN HD and comcast doesn't? Why? It says right on the BEIN website that HD is free to providers and everyone should complain to their provider if they don't offer it.  So why on earth doesn't a cable giant like xfinity offer it? ABSURD!

As soccer becomes more and more popular, Xfinity/Comcast will lose more and more customers.  If they don't offer BEIN HD by the time my contract is up I am absolutely switching.  Sad part is we can watch Bein HD online through Xfinity, but the stream / lag isn't good, and freezes and disconnects often (and I have the blast 50mbps so this should absolutely not be an internet speed issue).

Just add BEIN HD already. Jeez.  I can see from the comments all over the web that people have been clamoring for BEIN HD for years now.  Seriously...what is the holdup? I've yet to hear one valid reason for why Xfinity doesn't carry it. Even companies like FIOS offer BEIN HD.  It's just embarassing, really.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 256 of 640

lol...they told you in 2013 it would be available in HD in October.......nearly 26 months later....still no HD.  Seriously what is the hold up / explanation here?  BEIN HD is free to providers...says so right on the BEIN website.  FIOS, UVERSE, Brighthouse, COX, etc. and every satellite company offers BEIN HD....but not cable giant Xfinity? It's embarrassing.  If they don't offer it by the time my contract is up I will be switching.  I expect many, many other customers will do the same...especially as soccer's popularity continues to grow in the USA

Posted by
Visitor

Message 257 of 640

I will be switching too if they don't add Bein HD by the time my contract is up.  I don't really care if it's english or spanish...i just want to watch the game in HD!!  It's embarrassing...practically every other TV provider (cable, satellite, big company or small) offers BEIN in HD.   With soccer's popularity in the USA starting to boom (not to mention all the latinos in the USA who live and die with soccer) it amazes me that Xfinity does not offer BEIN HD.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 258 of 640

Oh, and also....everyone keeps saying you can watch Bein HD online.....yeah...when it doesn't freeze and buffer every 20 seconds.  Both bein Eng and Esp freeze like crazy when i try to stream.

Espn news, NFL Network, and all my other streaming channels through XfinityGo are perfect.......but Bein stream is awful.  It's almost like comcast is bound and determined to prevent us from watching Bein HD.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 259 of 640
@ryanfreeman1976 - Don't know where you live, but it took about 3 years for Comcast to get beINHD added to parts of Oregon. It's the Spanish version, which is ok with me, since I speak it. And, it's my understanding that the audio feed can be changed so that the games would be announced in English. I would also point out that there was a technical issue: The beINñHD signal was being delivered to my location for A MONTH before it was determined that my Comcast box was outdated and required replacement.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 260 of 640

My TV says it's coming in at 480 and the screen has an HD icon in the top corner.  How hard is it to just have the channel come in at 1080p when Dish and Direct have it in HD?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 261 of 640

Apparently just like anything else for xfinity comcast, everything is. Look what they did to the sports app and they don't even give us access to beinsportsconnect.tv when everyone else has access to it.  Even after we pay for the sport package and for a hd box. This is ridiculuos and sad for xfinity.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 262 of 640

It's sad indeed that virtually everybody in the USA has access to beIn on HD except Comcast costumers. And if they didn't add it for Copa America in most of their markets then it will not be added in a while. Meanwhile you can see hunters kill deer on HD.  PFFFFTTTTT!!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 263 of 640

I will reiterate others in that we want to see BeIN HD added in all areas. Specifically the Boston market where soccer interest is thriving and I'm sure Comcast could increase Sports Entertainment subs with the addition of this channel.  In its current SD ford it is so compressed its unwatchable and I refuse to subscribe until they offer the beautiful game in the format it deserves.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 264 of 640
14 million people, in the US, alone, watched the group stages of Copa América. Why doesn't Xfinity want a bigger piece of that? Hire more techs. Add beIN (and ñ) Sports HD for everyone. Make more money. Xfinity is a corporation. The mandate is clear.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 265 of 640

Copa America broadcast is terrible picture quality in Arlington, VA.

Pixels everywhere, and constantly going in and out of focus.

It's another of the many let downs experienced with Comcast service. Why don't they just air the HD version?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 266 of 640

Hi Tedd...I know some South Florida areas already have beIN HD....but, what about SW Florida??, Naples & Fort Myers (Lee County) kindly demand that channel (not to mention ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes) in HD...Thanks

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 267 of 640

Viking954 wrote:

Comcast Teds

As a Broward County resident, to clarify, BeinHD is available in Spanish only on channel 595.  So good picture, but I can't understand a word they're saying.  Please add the English version of BeinHD - also FS2, GolTV etc in HD.  Catch up with the competition that Comcast is far behind with respct to total HD channels offered.

Additional areas for the HD feed(s) may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 268 of 640

ryanfreeman1976 wrote:

This is absurd. I just got the "sports entertainment package" specifically to watch soccer, and I'm just now seeing that virtually every other cable / satellite provider offers BEIN HD and comcast doesn't? Why? It says right on the BEIN website that HD is free to providers and everyone should complain to their provider if they don't offer it.  So why on earth doesn't a cable giant like xfinity offer it? ABSURD!

As soccer becomes more and more popular, Xfinity/Comcast will lose more and more customers.  If they don't offer BEIN HD by the time my contract is up I am absolutely switching.  Sad part is we can watch Bein HD online through Xfinity, but the stream / lag isn't good, and freezes and disconnects often (and I have the blast 50mbps so this should absolutely not be an internet speed issue).

Just add BEIN HD already. Jeez.  I can see from the comments all over the web that people have been clamoring for BEIN HD for years now.  Seriously...what is the holdup? I've yet to hear one valid reason for why Xfinity doesn't carry it. Even companies like FIOS offer BEIN HD.  It's just embarassing, really.

There are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth and channel space for).

Additional areas for the HD feed(s) may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 269 of 640

joshquig wrote:

I will reiterate others in that we want to see BeIN HD added in all areas. Specifically the Boston market where soccer interest is thriving and I'm sure Comcast could increase Sports Entertainment subs with the addition of this channel.  In its current SD ford it is so compressed its unwatchable and I refuse to subscribe until they offer the beautiful game in the format it deserves.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 270 of 640

JRobGrave1 wrote:
14 million people, in the US, alone, watched the group stages of Copa América. Why doesn't Xfinity want a bigger piece of that? Hire more techs. Add beIN (and ñ) Sports HD for everyone. Make more money. Xfinity is a corporation. The mandate is clear.

There are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth and channel space for).

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 271 of 640

Pinero1 wrote:

Hi Tedd...I know some South Florida areas already have beIN HD....but, what about SW Florida??, Naples & Fort Myers (Lee County) kindly demand that channel (not to mention ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes) in HD...Thanks

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 272 of 640
Apparently this is the only thing that can be said..."There are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth and channel space for)." How many times can you say the same nonsense...
Posted by
Contributor

Message 273 of 640
@donope -- I feel your pain. I'm lucky that Xfinity/Comcast added beIN Sports ñ HD to our area. The "additional capital costs" issue might not make sense to us because, frankly, I see a big piece of the pie being left on the table (~14M US viewers for Copa América group play, alone). It's up to the bean-counters (read: accountants) at Xfinity/Comcast. The cost-benefit analysis must not be penciling out for them. I continue to champion your right to La Liga, Serie A, Copa América, and other premier games. There is a clear lack of understanding on the part of Xfinity in the difference between having a bunch of soccer-related channels and having access to one of the BEST soccer channels (beIN) available for their customers IN HD. Considering the many ways that I can watch a deer die an untimely death in beautifiul HD, I'm sickened that Xfinity will pander to those folks, but not us.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 274 of 640

What can I do to watch Bein tv.

I don't want to pay for a bunch of channels I don't watch.

Thanks for any help

Carlos Rosales

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 275 of 640

carrosales wrote:

What can I do to watch Bein tv.

I don't want to pay for a bunch of channels I don't watch.

Thanks for any help

Carlos Rosales

In your area beIN Sports (Spanish) is available on channel 583 and beIN Sports (English) is available on channel 726. 

These channels are available as a part of our Digital Premier level of service. These channels are not available as individual services as per our current contract with beIN Sports.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 276 of 640
Thank you Comcast for listening to your customers!!! Here in Chicago while we waited for beIn in HD I notice that they decided to deploy a japanese news channel in HD! That shows they listen to their customers! LOL! What a slap on our faces. What a joke of a company.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 277 of 640

Upgraded my tv lineup today and noticed to my disappointed that Bein Sports is in short definition. Talk about expecting a horse and getting a goat. Another great disappointment is that Comcast doesn't have Universal Sports (not to be confused with NBCSN)! 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 278 of 640

We want BeIN Sports in HD in Philadelphia! Also Fox Sports 2 (at all would be nice) but in HD would be nice. Been patient for over 3 years. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 279 of 640

I am an Xfinity customer since 2012 an I am too extremely disappointed with Comcast and the way they decided to approach Soccer (to me it is still Football, you know the one that you actually kick the ball for 90 minutes). I understand that Comcast purchased the rights to broadcast the EPL and they are trying to get their money out of their original investment but, frankly, not everybody is a fan of the EPL and there are other leagues out there that I'd like to watch. My solution to the problem (which is annoying, but at least I can see what the league I want) was to purchase a Roku player and subscribe to the Sling Sports Package). As I said before, it is extremely annoying that in addition to my subscription to Comcast, I have to pay an extra fee to be able to enjoy the game I love but, I guess, this is the only way (for now) to get what I want. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 280 of 640

http://www.fubo.tv/ is a good alternative to get BeIN Sport HD (and an added bonus of GolTV HD) for $6 a month and they have roku and firetv apps.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 281 of 640

Add HD Version to the Washington Metro area.. so many soccer fans here.  6 months before my contract expires this will determine if I stay or go.   What's bad is that friends and I have to go to another friend's home who has this in HD with Vz.  So sad.  "yeah let's go watch it at my house.. dude is not in HD.. let's go to so and so.. he got it in HD.." lol

Thank you.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 282 of 640

Considering that it is 2015, it is absurd that we here in Atanta are subjected to BeIn Sports in spectacular standard definition.  Why even waste your time carrying this channel - it is literally impossible to watch, the picture quality is beyond poor.  Comcast - stop complaining about lack of bandwidth - make the bandwidth available!  In Atlanta we have a half dozen 'overflow' SEC network channels, as well as two Big Ten Network 'overflow' channels, all of which have absolutely no programming on them.  That would be a good place to find some bandwidth - drop one of those SEC network channels.  Get with the times - Comcast's lack of HD channels is appalling.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 283 of 640

When can we (comcast customers) expect to see (soccer) games on beinsports in HD?  VERIZON has it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 284 of 640

The Spanish and Italian leauge seasons will be kicking off soon. Come on Comcast.... please launch beIN in HD in more markets!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 285 of 640

Now over 2 years later and Comcast hasn't done a thing. 3rd season of low def Spanish and Italian football. Well done! Even censoring my post as well.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 286 of 640

Would be a great time to add Bein HD to more areas comcast with the start of the italian and spanish leagues immeninent. I know if Bein was offered in HD in my area (Boston area) I would actually subscribe to the Sports pack. I refuse to pay extra for standard def content. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 287 of 640
It's very disappointing.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 288 of 640

Unreal this thread is open so long and no real answer from Comcast. 

What does it take for Comcast to listen to their customers?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 289 of 640

When can comcast customers (Philadelphia Metropolitan area) expect to see (soccer) games on beINsports in HD?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 290 of 640

I live in Atlanta I need BEINSPORTS in HD! NOW!!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 291 of 640

It is 2015 and all of your competitors offer BEIN sports in HD. It is ridiculous that the Chicago area which is a huge market does not have BEIN sports to watch soccer in HD. Luckily I am not on a contract. Looks like I will be switching to DirecTV since Comcast refuses to listen to it's customers.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 292 of 640
To ComcastTeds:

I have been receiving beinSports in HD in the San Francisco Bay Area since about mid-May. Unfortunately, it has only been available in Spanish on Channel 677. When will the English version be delivered?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 293 of 640
@TeeLaBee - Try changing the audio in the setup of your set-top box. During the game, there took be English-Speaking broadcasters describing the game.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 294 of 640
@JRobGrave1 - I'm aware of the English speaking broadcasters describing the game, and I do listen to them. My issue is with the other programming, such as, The Locker Room, The Express Xtra, etc. Those are still hosted by the Spanish broadcasters since it is on the Spanish station, and I wanted to listen to the English broadcasting team on an HD station.
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 295 of 640

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 296 of 640
To: ComcastTed
ComcastPhill
or JayInAlg

Can any of you tell me when the English HD version of beinSport will be available in the San Franciaco Bay Area. I am interested in watching The Locker Room, The Express Xtra, and other programming with the English commentators. Thank you.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 297 of 640
3 years and counting.... On the meantime we have 2 hunting channels and shopping networks in full hd in the city of Chicago. What a joke!!!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 298 of 640

@TeeLaBee - Ah! Point taken. Locker Room, Express Xtra, etc., do not have SAP (Secondary Audio Programming); they record language-specific versions of these shows. Respectfully (and meant with humor), perhaps you should take Spanish at your local educational institution. It took THREE YEARS before ANY HD version of beIN was introduced in our area. I'm just grateful that they have any beIN HD here (western Oregon) at all. I'm fortunate that I speak/understand Spanish well enough that it's not an issue for me. I feel your pain, though. It drove me (nearly) insane that I couldn't watch any of La Liga or Serie A games in HD. Comcast/Xfinity finally delivered beIN ñ HD right as Copa América started. It turned out that my previous Motorola set-top box was incompatible with the new signal, however, and I had to switch it before I could see a picture on that (and one other Spanish-language) channel. Considering what we customers pay for our TV cable, I am chagrined that requests-for-service and diagnosis/resolution of various issues take so long and we receive no compensation for Comcast/Xfinity's failings. If there were a competing carrier, I'd have left Comcast/Xfinity years ago.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 299 of 640
@JobGrave1: I know enough enough Spanish to be slow and dangerous. I guess I should be happy that I can watch La Liga in HD with Enhish speaking commentators.

But, "Hey, Comcast, please provide the Engish version of beinSports in HD. Thank you."
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 300 of 640
* English