We demand bein hd
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 204 of 640
Don't forget about fox sports 2
Posted by
Contributor

Message 205 of 640

It's incredible how Comcast dropped the ball by ignoring its Chicago customers repeatedly requesting beIn HD.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 206 of 640
because they don't have to care...we keep paying them.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 207 of 640
Let's keep posting until we get hd
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 208 of 640

Another request for beIN Sports HD. The stations Web site says it offers HD at no additional cost to cable providers.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 209 of 640
Good morning beIn SD watchers. Please remember that while you watch Copa America in "glorious" SD there are about 3 hunters in your area watching how to shoot a deer in HD.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 210 of 640
I appreciate the thankless job that Official Contributors make to this forum; I am often thanked for my patience, when I should be thanked for suffering for YEARS without beIN HD & UniVision Deportes HD, even though I'm paying for it. If I were able to change providers, I would allow my money to do my talking. I am truly disgusted as the Copa América starts that I must watch on the small screen of my computer rather than my television and cable box, for which I pay a premium. Since I don't believe that corporations are people, I cannot "hate" Comcast, but I feel so angry and cheated that I'm unsure how to describe my emotions. Comcast/Xfinity, as a corporation, is prejudiced against fútbol (soccer), plain and simple.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 211 of 640
@jafo1972 has a good point. I'm disgusted and would change cable providers if I were able.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 212 of 640
Add the indignity of never getting a chat window in the support department, and all I can do is seethe.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 213 of 640
Yes, as would i. I would get fios but i live in an apt complex and have only one choice.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 214 of 640
Would also like to point out again that this post started in August of 2013...
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 215 of 640
Quit Comcast and Join sling.Com. Problem solved.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 216 of 640
Posted by
Contributor

Message 217 of 640
@lynhnn - My problem with this notion is twofold: 1. I'd need to buy a different device (Roku 3, to be precise), and 2. I don't trust Xfinity. They could (and would. They did it to Netflix) restrict bandwidth, thus ruining the experience.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 218 of 640
@donope - Something I've pointed out before is the length of time we have had to suffer this indignity. beIN has been part of Xfinity's line-up, but only SD, for 3 years, I think. I'm entirely unimpressed with Xfinity as a cable and Internet provider. They are arbitrary and vindictive, as a company. I'm sure some of the Xfiinity employees mean well. It's the management that makes these decisions who are at fault. Their prejudice against the world's most-popular sport is clear. It points to an underlying prejudice against people who love fútbol (soccer). And, it's a language thing: Spanish-language channels get short-shrift.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 219 of 640
Posted by
Visitor

Message 220 of 640
Pretty ridiculous with the base cost of Comcast what it is and the added upcharges for HD channels, HD boxes, and sports entertainment package that this channel is not available in HD. I live in Pittsburgh and I'm moving to a new house soon and if this isn't offered I will be switching to Fios.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 221 of 640

According to BEIN's website, they offer it in both HD and SD to all providers that offer the channel - so it is Comcast's decision to not offer the HD version.  It would not cost them any more.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 222 of 640
Good morning football fans,

Please remember that while we watch the beautiful sport in SD, no one is watching C-Span in HD.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 223 of 640

Now this is crazy part.

I always had an access to FOX Deportes SD Channel 602.

According to Ted they added FOX Deportes HD Channel 679 in CA on May 19th but to get it they want me to pay extra.

Why?

Every other channel I have in my package if it's available in SD I have it in HD.

Why excxeption for FOX Deportes?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 224 of 640
More crazy stuff: I get audio-only, no video, on beIN HD & Univision Deportes HD (channels 661 & 660, respectively) in Eugene. My mother-in-law lives on the north side of town and gets both video AND audio, yet Comcast cannot/will not confirm whether the channels should be available. So, I can't get technical support for the channels. Also, Comcast's "chat" feature no longer works for me. When I sign in to start a chat session, they'll leave me "waiting for an analyst" for hours with no connection. Triple-RipOff costs about $250/month, but I can't get anyone to talk to or communicate with. I wish Verizon FiOS (or some other non-satellite service) were available in our area. I would switch in a heartbeat.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 225 of 640
I'd switch to sling.com if I thought Xfinity would NOT restrict bandwidth. After the Netflix episode last year, though, I have no faith that they'll allow sling.com to function. Xfinity is one of the loudest opponents of net-neutrality; certainly, Xfinity is not ethical enough to be trusted.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 226 of 640
@Alurc - Couldn't agree more. If I were able to change carriers (no non-satellite carriers other than Xfinity available in our area), I most certainly would. I'm disgusted with Xfinity as a corporation. Their lack of response, the poor quality of their tech support, the failure of the "chat" feature of online support, and their blatant disregard for fans of the "beautiful game," make Comcast/Xfinity a bad-actor on this issue. Here, I'm forced to either accept the SD broadcast of Copa América, or switch to the smaller screen of my computer for HD. Even then, the signal drops out periodically, sometimes during important events in a given game.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 227 of 640

ksh937 wrote:

Please add beIN Sports (English) in HD to the Utah market. You already provide beIN Sports en Espanol in HD. Since there is no additional cost to you, the cable provider, you should add beIN Sports (English) in HD b/c the US is primarily an English speaking market. Furthermore, I called beIN Sports and they said they provide HD programming to cable providers such as you, DirecTV, Dish Network, etc. at no extra cost. DirecTV and Dish Network already provide beIN Sports (English) in HD so you should too.

The Copa America starts tomorrow and it would be great timing to do this ASAP. Thanks!

I realize that there can be different programs on beIN Sports English and the Spanish language  channels, but as a reminder, you can usually get the English language audio on beIN by using the Secondary Audio Program feature.

By default the language of this channel is Spanish, but you can change it to English.

To change the feed language, select the channel you want to change the language then press the Menu button on the silver Comcast remote control . Go to Setup and then Audio Setup and then change the Default Audio track to English.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 228 of 640

JRobGrave1 wrote:
It is SO DEPRESSING to have to watchCopaAmérica on my computer, the only way that I can watch it inHD, even though I pay ~$250/mo for my triple-ripoff package in Eugene. What a disappointment Xfinity is! If I were able to change providers, I would. I'm so frustrated!

Apologies. In your area: 

beIN Sports (English) is available on channel 423. Not in HD in your area as of yet. 

beIN Sports (Spanish) is available on channel 643 and in HD on channel 661.

I do realize that there can be different programs on beIN Sports English and the beIN Spanish language channels, but as a reminder, you can usually get the English language audio on beIN by using the Secondary Audio Program feature.

By default the language of this channel is Spanish, but you can change it to English.

To change the feed language, select the channel you want to change the language then press the Menu button on the silver Comcast remote control . Go to Setup and then Audio Setup and then change the Default Audio track to English. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 229 of 640

Gmo4982 wrote:

Another request for beIN Sports HD. The stations Web site says it offers HD at no additional cost to cable providers.

There are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth and channel space for). 

Additional areas for the HD feed(s) may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 230 of 640

JRobGrave1 wrote:
I appreciate the thankless job that Official Contributors make to this forum; I am often thanked for my patience, when I should be thanked for suffering for YEARS without beIN HD & UniVision Deportes HD, even though I'm paying for it. If I were able to change providers, I would allow my money to do my talking. I am truly disgusted as the Copa América starts that I must watch on the small screen of my computer rather than my television and cable box, for which I pay a premium. Since I don't believe that corporations are people, I cannot "hate" Comcast, but I feel so angry and cheated that I'm unsure how to describe my emotions. Comcast/Xfinity, as a corporation, is prejudiced against fútbol (soccer), plain and simple.

Apologies. Univision Deportes HD is available in your area on channel 660. 

We offer more than a few channels that offer soccer in your area; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports Network, Fox Deportes, Univision, Univision Deportes, Telemundo, two channels of beIN Sports and NBC Universo.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 231 of 640

lahochman wrote:

According to BEIN's website, they offer it in both HD and SD to all providers that offer the channel - so it is Comcast's decision to not offer the HD version.  It would not cost them any more.

There are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth and channel space for).

Additional areas for the HD feed(s) may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 232 of 640

JRobGrave1 wrote:
More crazy stuff: I get audio-only, no video, on beIN HD & Univision Deportes HD (channels 661 & 660, respectively) in Eugene. My mother-in-law lives on the north side of town and gets both video AND audio, yet Comcast cannot/will not confirm whether the channels should be available. So, I can't get technical support for the channels. Also, Comcast's "chat" feature no longer works for me. When I sign in to start a chat session, they'll leave me "waiting for an analyst" for hours with no connection. Triple-RipOff costs about $250/month, but I can't get anyone to talk to or communicate with. I wish Verizon FiOS (or some other non-satellite service) were available in our area. I would switch in a heartbeat.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.  I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying technical issues identified and resolved with the channels that you mentioned.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 233 of 640
@ComcastTeds - RE: the many (theoretical) soccer-related channels available. Some you mentioned (ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, Telemundo, and, I believe, NBC Universo) require extra fees and don't come with the Sports package. Others (Univision Deportes, beIN Sports) are offered only in SD, and Comcast cannot/will not confirm whether they are actually available in Eugene. As such, I have not been successful in getting technical support to help with chasing down whatever issue would cause these channels to broadcast audio-only, with no error messages. I would very much appreciate any help given, but it's difficult to hold out hope that any attention will be given to my situation before Copa América is over (July 4). It should be noted that Fox Sports 2 is not available, so many of Women's World Cup games can't be viewed live except on a computer. You have a difficult job, and I appreciate the work you do. While BPL can be entertaining, I, and many others, find La Liga games to be of greater interest. While it is easy to paint us soccer enthusiasts with one brush, we are a diverse group, and ESPN and FS1 don't always have the games we want. beIN signed a contract with La Liga (though the season is over, now), but has been unavailable in HD. Uni Deportes will often broadcast Mexican Liga games (not to be confused with BBVA La Liga games from Spain). Again, not clear whether these channels (beIN, Uni Dep) are officially available in Eugene/Springfield.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 234 of 640

JRobGrave1 wrote:
@ComcastTeds - RE: the many (theoretical) soccer-related channels available. Some you mentioned (ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, Telemundo, and, I believe, NBC Universo) require extra fees and don't come with the Sports package. Others (Univision Deportes, beIN Sports) are offered only in SD, and Comcast cannot/will not confirm whether they are actually available in Eugene. As such, I have not been successful in getting technical support to help with chasing down whatever issue would cause these channels to broadcast audio-only, with no error messages. I would very much appreciate any help given, but it's difficult to hold out hope that any attention will be given to my situation before Copa América is over (July 4). It should be noted that Fox Sports 2 is not available, so many of Women's World Cup games can't be viewed live except on a computer. You have a difficult job, and I appreciate the work you do. While BPL can be entertaining, I, and many others, find La Liga games to be of greater interest. While it is easy to paint us soccer enthusiasts with one brush, we are a diverse group, and ESPN and FS1 don't always have the games we want. beIN signed a contract with La Liga (though the season is over, now), but has been unavailable in HD. Uni Deportes will often broadcast Mexican Liga games (not to be confused with BBVA La Liga games from Spain). Again, not clear whether these channels (beIN, Uni Dep) are officially available in Eugene/Springfield.

As mentioned above, we are looking into the technical issues with beIN and Univision Deportes that you mentioned. Someone will be in contact soon regarding that and we will certainly resolve that prior to July 4.

Thanks for the additional clarifying detail that you provided. We do offer channels that carry soccer, just not at the price point that you prefer and not all offerings we have available are currently in HD. And not the soccer matches that you prefer. That is a a bit more different and specific distinction than what you wrote above... "Comcast/Xfinity, as a corporation, is prejudiced against fútbol (soccer), plain and simple".   

As many here know, the changing television rights landscape also has beIN Sports as a rights-holder and a recent entrant into soccer television with some important matchups.

Our programming team is in tune with this changing situation and they talk with our soccer and sports network providers regularly.

Bandwidth management and balance is bit of an art and a science and something that is looked at constantly.

Generally speaking, some reasons certain channels are added (or not added) can be due to customer interest, contractual terms and obligations, viewership, cost, online and On Demand distribution rights and competitive offerings in the marketplace.

Often the business decisions made are based on a combination of these and many other factors.
The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along the collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

Thanks again for your patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 235 of 640
ComcastTeds wrote:
JRobGrave1 wrote:
As mentioned above, we are looking into the technical issues with beIN and Univision Deportes that you mentioned. Someone will be in contact soon regarding that and we will certainly resolve that prior to July 4.

Thanks for the additional clarifying detail that you provided. We do offer channels that carry soccer, just not at the price point that you prefer and not all offerings we have available are currently in HD. And not the soccer matches that you prefer. That is a a bit more different and specific distinction than what you wrote above... "Comcast/Xfinity, as a corporation, is prejudiced against fútbol (soccer), plain and simple".

As many here know, the changing television rights landscape also has beIN Sports as a rights-holder and a recent entrant into soccer television with some important matchups.

Our programming team is in tune with this changing situation and they talk with our soccer and sports network providers regularly.

Bandwidth management and balance is bit of an art and a science and something that is looked at constantly.

Generally speaking, some reasons certain channels are added (or not added) can be due to customer interest, contractual terms and obligations, viewership, cost, online and On Demand distribution rights and competitive offerings in the marketplace.

Often the business decisions made are based on a combination of these and many other factors.
The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along the collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.
c
This is is the first time, in nearly three years that I have been pursuing this issue, that I have gotten a straight answer from a Xfinity/Comcast employee. Thank you for your thoughtful response. I recognize that, at times, statements made by me and others on this site can be off-target; this can be due, in part, by the lack of attention we feel when we express ourselves in a reasonable manner, ask a pertinent question, and get no response for long periods of time, sometimes years. I apologize for the exaggeration that Xfinity may have prejudice against soccer. It's difficult to stay calm when we're talking about the most-popular sport in the world (more people are watching Copa América, for instance, than have watched this year's NBA Finals, by leaps and bounds). As beIN is the ONLY channel that carries these matches, its exclusion (as far as HD goes) can be maddening, considering that, say, QVC and various other (IMHO) useless stations are taking up bandwidth. Your suggestion, however, that certain channels are in a pricepoint that I don't prefer is, frankly, nearly insulting. The package that we carry at my home is one of the most expensive. I speak, write, and understand Spanish well enough to make good use of the Spanish-language channels available though our Premium Package, but I take umbrage with paying more for the full Spanish-language Package that includes many non-sports channels. Any reasonable person would admit that the availability of SOME Spanish-language sports channels (beIN SD, Univision Deportes), but not others (ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, Telemundo and, I believe, NBC Universo), is arbitrary. I'm unsure how long you have been an employee of Xfinity, but I have been a customer for long enough to remember the days when Univision, which carried the World Cup (WORLD CUP, mind you), had to share a station with some other channel, and games were sometimes cut-off because the time for the other channel to be aired had arrived). It was difficult not to see this as an affront. It is a pain that is not easily forgotten.

I eagerly await contact from any Xfinity/Comcast tech support personnel that would help solve my signal issue. You are the first Comcast employee that has offered anything more than platitudes, and the first to admit that, in fact, UNI Deportes HD & beIN Sports Sp. HD SHOULD be available on channels 660 & 661, respectively, in the Eugene/Springfield area.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 236 of 640

Hi 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 237 of 640

Great to hear from all the Comcast employees.  Thank you for looking into these issues.  Any idea when the HD format will hit Massachusetts?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 238 of 640
@ComcastPhill:
Thank you for your attention to this issue. Please note that there are no error messages when tuning to 660 or 661. Audio is fine on both, but display is black. I have tightened the coax cable and cold-booted all Comcast-owned service devices. There are no splitters or other attenuating devices between d-mark and TV.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 239 of 640
I have determined that NBC Universo is SD-only, but is included with my Premium Package.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 240 of 640

Comcast is not simply prejudiced against soccer channels in HD, it is simply prejudiced against HD channels.  I think in zip code 33323 we've had a grand total of 3 new HD channels in the past 12 months+, which is pathetic.  As this link clearly shows, http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/1721930-official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-db... Comcast offers the least amount of HD channels of any major cable or satellite provider.  So it's a matter of desire - if these other cable systems can do it, then it's technically feasible (enough of the bandwidth limitation please).  If I lived 200 miles north, I could have Bright House - a true HD provider.  It just needs the desire to offer HD channels.  So do it.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 241 of 640
Any chance of bien sport hd coming to the pittsburgh area.

Thanks
Posted by
Visitor

Message 242 of 640

Comcast show Bein in HD.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 243 of 640

Hi JRobGrave1, I will be private messaging you so we can get a technician scheduled for you.

Thank you

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 244 of 640

ckaray wrote:

Comcast show Bein in HD.

Many areas of South Florida have now added beIN Sports HD, available on channel 595.

Broward County, Coral Gables, Dade County, Hialeah, Homestead, Key West, Miami, Pembroke, Miramar, Pompano Beach

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 245 of 640

Please add beIN HD in Washington, DC. DC is one of the biggest soccer markets in the country, and we need our HD.

Thanks

Posted by
Contributor

Message 246 of 640

YEs, please gives us access to the real HD version in DC area.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 247 of 640
Philadelphia wants Bein Sports in HD and FS2 in HD!
Posted by
Visitor
Message 248 of 640

Please add BeIn in HD for New England.  More specifically New Hampshire.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 249 of 640
With the Copa America, it's terrible that we only can watch it in SD, and crappy SD at that. The signal goes in and out...and we even pay extra for the sports package. Seriously asking about switching to direct tv, where I know it comes in HD.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 250 of 640
@beINSportsFail - What is your general locale? Some areas have added beIN Sports ñ HD, and you can switch the audio to English, if needed. I pay extra for the Sports package and now get beIN Sports ñ HD, but had to change set-top boxes to get the service for which I have been paying for at least one month. Comcast wouldn't admit that the channel was available here, probably so they wouldn't have to compensate me. I'll pursue it, since I spent an unreal amount of time trying to determine what the issue was. Turned out that the box I was issued wasn't able to broadcast the HD sig for beIN Sports ñ HD, nor Univison Deportes HD. The new set-top box I'm using can.