Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 151 of 645

That's fantastic news. Can anyone confirm the truth of that? Will be absolutely stoked if they're adding BeIN HD. Let me know. Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 152 of 645
I'm also wondering this. I can't believe this has been going on for like 3 years and still no Bein HD. Sigh
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 153 of 645

If it's for three, this means that comcast customer service does not look at these forums or they simply don't care.  It's very disappointing when businesses not longer care about their customers or the quality of service they should be providing. 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 154 of 645

Add BeIn Sports HD!!! You are the only major tv/internet provider to not offer it.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 155 of 645

hope this is true.. CS been saying that for months and months

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 156 of 645

aldosr4 wrote:

If it's for three, this means that comcast customer service does not look at these forums or they simply don't care.  It's very disappointing when businesses not longer care about their customers or the quality of service they should be providing. 

I did respond on this topic awhile back but there have been many new questions and new posters, so I thought I would repost.

Customer feedback does have a lot to do with any programming decision.  

As many here know, the recent changing television rights landscape has beIN Sports as a rights-holder and a more recent entrant into soccer television with some premiere matchups.

Our programming team is in tune with this changing situation and they talk with our soccer and sports network providers regularly regarding HD carriage. Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices

Generally, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses who evaluate their costs and potential customer impacts.

Bandwidth management and balance is bit of an art and a science and something that is looked at constantly.

Also generally speaking, some reasons certain channels are added (or not added) can be due to customer interest, contractual terms and obligations, viewership, cost, online and On Demand distribution rights and competitive offerings in the marketplace. Often the business decisions made are based on a combination of these and many other factors.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Thanks for your continued feedback.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 157 of 645
Excuses, excuses, excuses...did I mention excuses?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 158 of 645
To: ComcastTeds

Can you confirm what was told to me when I contacted Comcast's Customer Service on April 16, that Comcast was notified internally that Comcast will be providing beinSports in HD to Comcast customers around the mid-May timeframe?
Posted by
Visitor
Message 159 of 645

Thank you teelabee for bringing this info,

guess we can only validate till mid may time frame.

my cable/satellite is still pending

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 160 of 645

TeeLaBee wrote:

Can you confirm what was told to me when I contacted Comcast's Customer Service on April 16, that Comcast was notified internally that Comcast will beprovidingbeinSportsinHD to Comcast customers around the mid-Maytimeframe?

Apologies. 

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of beIN SPORTS in HD at this time.

I'm not currently aware of any decisions to add beIN SPORTS in HD in any Comcast locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements. 

We also don't have an expected date for an announcement.

I have an additional and direct inquiry in with our programming team to confirm the above. As I get any additional confirmed information that can be shared, I will certainly post that here. 

Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 161 of 645

donope wrote:
Excuses, excuses, excuses...did I mention excuses?

.... actually business reasons. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 162 of 645
So we're not getting bein sport in HD and Fox Sports 2? I'm a long time customer of Comcast. Over 10 ten years. Looks like I'm going to leave. I'm a sports fan. If you can't offer what your competition is offering, I have to go to them.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 163 of 645
This thread has been open since July 2013, if Comcast hasn't done anything about getting beIN sports by now (unlike every other major provider), it means they are intentionally not getting it or just don't really care about what their customers want. Also our patience is all but gone...
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 164 of 645
beIN in HD I mean of course.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 165 of 645

To ComcastTeds:

Perhaps what I was told from Comcast Customer Service was in error, or she was not supposed to tell me about the notice that beinSports would be provided in HD sometime in mid-May.  I will patiently wait until the end of May.  If nothing happens, then I will just consider myself a fool to believe what I was told and chalk it up to Comcast staff ineptitude. At that point, I will decide on whether to continue with Comcast.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 166 of 645
Is there a plan to add bein sport connect access ?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 167 of 645

Got my bill and no news as usual as to add BEIN in HD... or access to beinsportsconnect.  I call it usual Comcast BS.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 168 of 645

TeeLaBee wrote:

To ComcastTeds:

Perhaps what I was told from Comcast Customer Service was in error, or she was not supposed to tell me about the notice that beinSports would be provided in HD sometime in mid-May.  I will patiently wait until the end of May.  If nothing happens, then I will just consider myself a fool to believe what I was told and chalk it up to Comcast staff ineptitude. At that point, I will decide on whether to continue with Comcast.

As an update, many Comcast areas in the west plus the Houston area are currently scheduled to add beIN Sports in HD in the next 60 days. The exact areas and channel numbers are still being finalized.

As I get additional and confirmed information I will be able to post that here.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 169 of 645

ComcastTeds wrote:

TeeLaBee wrote:

Can you confirm what was told to me when I contacted Comcast's Customer Service on April 16, that Comcast was notified internally that Comcast will beprovidingbeinSportsinHD to Comcast customers around the mid-Maytimeframe?

Apologies. 

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of beIN SPORTS in HD at this time.

I'm not currently aware of any decisions to add beIN SPORTS in HD in any Comcast locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements. 

We also don't have an expected date for an announcement.

I have an additional and direct inquiry in with our programming team to confirm the above. As I get any additional confirmed information that can be shared, I will certainly post that here. 

As an update, many Comcast areas in the west plus the Houston area are currently scheduled to add beIN Sports in HD in the next 60 days. The exact areas and channel numbers are still being finalized.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 170 of 645
Thanks for the update. Hoping for the Boston area!!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 171 of 645

To:  ComcastTeds

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I'm extremely pleased to know that the notice (about BeinSports being provided in HD) the Comcast representative told me about on April 16 was indeed factual.  It restores my trust in Comcast.  Thank you.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 172 of 645

Will both beIn Sports HD and beIn Sports 2 HD be launched in those areas, or solely the English feed?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 173 of 645

I am in San Jose, California.

What is the channel number for Bein Sports HD?

I paid $181/month and I can't watch Barcelona in SD anymore!

Thanks

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 174 of 645

lynhnn wrote:

I am in San Jose, California.

What is the channel number for Bein Sports HD?

I paid $181/month and I can't watch Barcelona in SD anymore!

Thanks

Many Comcast areas in the west plus the Houston area are currently scheduled to add beIN Sports in HD in the next 60 days. The exact areas and channel numbers are still being finalized.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 175 of 645

Pretty lame that Comcast/Xfinity isn't providing the HD stream for beIN. Please add!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 176 of 645

matthewkimber wrote:

Pretty lame that Comcast/Xfinity isn't providing the HD stream for beIN. Please add!

See post above yours. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 177 of 645
Doesn't help me in Philly (Where Comcast happens to be headquartered). Also I'll believe it when I see it. Also what about Fox Sports 2 in HD (or at all).
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 178 of 645

ComcastTeds wrote:

TeeLaBee wrote:

To ComcastTeds:

As an update, below is some additional information. The below HD offerings are being added in many areas on May 19th. Additional areas may be announced at a later date

Specific information and the minimum level of service required is being communicated via a message on your upcoming cable invoice. 

California (most all areas) 
o beIN (Spanish) HD Channel 677
o ESPN Deportes HD Channel 678
o FOX Deportes HD Channel 679

Houston area:
o beIN (Spanish) HD Channel 555
o ESPN Deportes HD Channel 558
o FOX Deportes HD Channel 559

Colorado (Most all areas):
o beIN (Spanish) HD Channel 362
o ESPN Deportes HD Channel 363
o FOX Deportes HD Channel 364

New Mexico (most all areas):
o beIN (Spanish) HD Channel 671
o ESPN Deportes HD Channel 672
o FOX Deportes HD Channel 673

Utah (most all areas): 
o Univision Deportes HD Channel 576
o beIN (Spanish) HD Channel 577
o ESPN Deportes HD Channel 578
o FOX Deportes HD Channel 579

Arizona (most all areas):
o Univision Deportes HD Channel 666
o beIN (Spanish) HD Channel 667
o ESPN Deportes HD Channel 668
o FOX Deportes HD Channel 669

Portland, OR:
o Univision Deportes HD Channel 660
o beIN (Spanish) HD Channel 661
o ESPN Deportes HD Channel 662
o FOX Deportes HD Channel 663

Seattle area: 
o Univision Deportes HD Channel 722
o beIN (Spanish) HD Channel 723
o ESPN Deportes HD Channel 724
o FOX Deportes HD Channel 725

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 179 of 645

Sorry to be replying to an old post, but I found no update to the info. Any notion as to when Comcast will offer BeIN Sports (Eng & Spanish) in HD? So far (2, 3 years), not available in Eugene/Springfield.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 180 of 645

Thank you comcastTed.  This is only for Standard Definition.

Some of us already have the Standard Defifnition channel.

Any news on the High Definition (HD) channels?

We are already paying HD fees, fees for a HD box, SportPackage fees.  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 181 of 645

Hello Comcast Ted,

I understand that beIn Sports HD, ESPN Desportes HD, and Fox Deportes HD have been added to the channel lineups for many markets on the West Coast as well as Houston, TX. I assume it's in preparation for the Copa America which begins in less than three weeks. I was wondering if there are any plans to deploy at least beIn HD in the Chicago market. It's frustrating to see how many dull channels being added to the HD lineup in Chicago and many football fans have to watch their favorite sport in standard definition. I'm pretty sure there are thousands of football fans in the city of Chicago eager to get these channels in HD.

Believe me that if I had a choice to change providers I would have done that a long time ago but I live in a condo that only negotiated with Comcast (bad mistake). As I don't have any other choice then I have to demand over and over until our voices are heard.

Thank you,

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 182 of 645

JRobGrave1 wrote:

Sorry to be replying to an old post, but I found no update to the info. Any notion as to when Comcast will offer BeIN Sports (Eng & Spanish) in HD? So far (2, 3 years), not available in Eugene/Springfield.

Additional areas may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 183 of 645

willitos wrote:

Thank you comcastTed.  This is only for Standard Definition.

Some of us already have the Standard Defifnition channel.

Any news on the High Definition (HD) channels?

We are already paying HD fees, fees for a HD box, SportPackage fees.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 184 of 645

jafo1972 wrote:

Hello Comcast Ted,

I understand that beIn Sports HD, ESPN Desportes HD, and Fox Deportes HD have been added to the channel lineups for many markets on the West Coast as well as Houston, TX. I assume it's in preparation for the Copa America which begins in less than three weeks. I was wondering if there are any plans to deploy at least beIn HD in the Chicago market. It's frustrating to see how many dull channels being added to the HD lineup in Chicago and many football fans have to watch their favorite sport in standard definition. I'm pretty sure there are thousands of football fans in the city of Chicago eager to get these channels in HD.

Believe me that if I had a choice to change providers I would have done that a long time ago but I live in a condo that only negotiated with Comcast (bad mistake). As I don't have any other choice then I have to demand over and over until our voices are heard.

Thank you,

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 185 of 645
When will bein he'd be available in the Chicago area the copa America is about to begin
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 186 of 645
When it will be available in south florida.. Be in sports hd
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 187 of 645

Cubby77 wrote:
When willbein he'd be available in the Chicago area thecopa America is about to begin

Apologies. We don't have any announcements to make right now regarding additional areas for beIN HD.  Additional areas may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 188 of 645

jonnydextre wrote:
When it will be available in south florida.. Be in sports hd

Apologies. We don't have any announcements to make right now regarding additional areas for beIN HD. Additional areas may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 189 of 645
Copa America starts this week.. Millions of Soccer fans comcast customers are waiting to get Be in Sports HD
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 190 of 645

no answer for millions of soccer fans and comcast customer in florida

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 191 of 645

jonnydextre wrote:
Copa America starts this week.. Millions of Soccer fans comcast customers are waiting to get Be in Sports HD

Apologies. We don't have any announcements to make right now regarding additional areas for beIN HD. Additional areas may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 192 of 645
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 193 of 645
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 194 of 645
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 195 of 645

ComcastTeds wrote:

jonnydextre wrote:
When it will be available in southflorida.. Be in sportshd

Many areas of South Florida have now added beIN Sports HD, available on channel 595.

Broward County, Coral Gables, Dade County, Hialeah, Homestead, Key West, Miami, Pembroke, Miramar, Pompano Beach  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 196 of 645

Please add beIN Sports (English) in HD to the Utah market. You already provide beIN Sports en Espanol in HD. Since there is no additional cost to you, the cable provider, you should add beIN Sports (English) in HD b/c the US is primarily an English speaking market. Furthermore, I called beIN Sports and they said they provide HD programming to cable providers such as you, DirecTV, Dish Network, etc. at no extra cost. DirecTV and Dish Network already provide beIN Sports (English) in HD so you should too.

The Copa America starts tomorrow and it would be great timing to do this ASAP. Thanks!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 197 of 645

I would like to chime in and add to the requests for Comcast to broadcast beIN SPORTS in HD.  I live in the Northern Virginia/DC Area.  Today, the only reason many people (including me) subscribe to premium television content is to watch live sports.  Adding this channel in HD should be a major priority for Comcast.  The only thing stopping Comcast from doing so is its decision not to allocate bandwidth and resources to present this channel in HD.  This is because the website of beIN SPORTS states that "beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español is offered in HD to all our cable TV and satellite providers at no additional cost to them for carrying it.  Providers decide whether they offer HD or SD to their customers."  See http://www.beinsports.tv/faq#faqarticle-17wlouuv9t9j91om6m9c82pf03

I hope that Comcast will consider adding this important channel in HD in all areas.  beIN SPORTS carries La Liga, Copa America, and many other great games.  It's simply painful to watch sports in SD.  I have considered many times about switching to Sattelite solely because this channel is not offered by Comcast in HD.  I would like to remain a customer, but the unavailabliity of this channel in HD, especialy with the Copa America here, is testing my loyalty.

I tried to add this message to the thread at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/PLEASE-ADD-BEIN-SPORT-USA/td-p/1366415, but the forums would not let me.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 198 of 645
I'm watching beIN sports español HD and the audio is in English. Try turning on your SAP settings to English
Posted by
Contributor

Message 199 of 645
It is SO DEPRESSING to have to watch Copa América on my computer, the only way that I can watch it in HD, even though I pay ~$250/mo for my triple-ripoff package in Eugene. What a disappointment Xfinity is! If I were able to change providers, I would. I'm so frustrated!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 200 of 645

If I only had the alternative to switch cable providers but I live in a condo and Comcast is the only alternative. That's why I will keep writing here, Twitter, and Facebook until Comcast gets tired of me and adds beIn HD in Chicago. If it's bandwidth issues there's a worthless shopping channel in HD and two hunting channels in HD that I'm pretty sure nobody watches and they can gladly remove from the system. This company is so frustrating. They don't listen.