New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 101 of 647

Did they say that they (beinSports) do not charge any extra costs to Comcast for their (beinSports) HD broadcast?  Because I was told by Comcast that they negotiate a contracted price between them (Comcast) and beinSports for this additional HD service, and that the two of them are still negotiating costs for this additional service.  I doubt Comcast is in any hurry to negotiate a costly price if the interest in beinSports HD is low compared to the millions of overall Comcast customers.  We need to constantly telephone Comcast's Technical Support people and continually ask for this service so they understand the interest.  As interest increases they may more seriously negotiate with beinSports. But, then again, I don't know.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 102 of 647

TeeLaBee wrote:

Did they say that they (beinSports) do not charge any extra costs to Comcast for their (beinSports) HD broadcast?  Because I was told by Comcast that they negotiate a contracted price between them (Comcast) and beinSports for this additional HD service, and that the two of them are still negotiating costs for this additional service.  I doubt Comcast is in any hurry to negotiate a costly price if the interest in beinSports HD is low compared to the millions of overall Comcast customers.  We need to constantly telephone Comcast's Technical Support people and continually ask for this service so they understand the interest.  As interest increases they may more seriously negotiate with beinSports. But, then again, I don't know.

follow and bug them via twitter and facebook all day and everyday.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 103 of 647
Comcast:

You have recently added to Comcast Sports Channels that often carry concurrent programs and multiple reruns of the same programming through out the day.

Please add BeIN Sports in HD so we can fully enjoy the programming we pay for. As you probably know the live sports programming is what keeps a lot of your customers.

We sports fans want fresh programming and are frustrated when it seems that you are wasting valuable channel spaces with duplicate programming.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 104 of 647

BEIN in HD now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 105 of 647

When will this be in HD?!?!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 106 of 647

joedisko wrote:

When will this be in HD?!?!

go on facebook/twitter and ask them.. maybe they'll do something. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 107 of 647

please add my vote requesting Bein in HD

i just switched from Dish and they had it in HD

very dissappointing

Posted by
New Poster
Message 108 of 647

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD Bein Sports. I switched from Direct TV and now i regretting it at least they had all the soccer channels.

Glorieta wrote:

PLEASE -BEIN sport channel is impossible to see-poor quality and small picture-this is a channel included in the Sports Entertainment package and broadcasts the Spanish and Italian leagues-Comcast really needs to get HD.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 109 of 647

No difference?  That's your answer.  It's obviuosly different in size AND quality of the image.  How about using that money Comcast overcharges their customers and actually provide HD like all the other sports channels it offers?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 110 of 647

Here in Chicago, BeIN Sports is definitely 480.  This is ridiculous, because so many other channels are in HD, like the "Esquire Channel."  I mean, What The Fooey is the Esquire Channel, and why is it in HD, while BeIN is not?

COMCAST:  Get it together here!  We want BeIN in HD!  1080i would be great, but I would be happy with 720!!

What's up with this???

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 111 of 647
Great Real Madrid versus Villarreal match today. If I squinted I could almost see the ball!
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 112 of 647

BeinSports in HD ASAP...!!! Other cable and satellite providers have it for a long time!!!!!

Posted by
New Poster
Message 113 of 647

7. Why isn’t beIN SPORTS available in HD from my provider?back to top▲ beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español is offered in HD to all our cable TV and satellite providers at no additional cost to them for carrying it. Providers decide whether they offer HD or SD to their customers. Please contact your provider and let them know you want the beIN SPORTS networks in HD today: http://www.beinsport.tv/getbein.html

this is the response from bein sports about HD..

WHY IS COMCAST NOT PROVIDING HD TO CUSTOMERS !!!!!!!!  

THIS IS POOOR SERVICE ON YOUR PART.. DISH CUSTOMERS HAVE HAD THIS FOR A LONG TIME NOW AND WE ARE STUCK WITH SD

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 114 of 647

This is the email I got from a Comcast representative.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly,  Your feedback regarding programming availability in high definition was forwarded to our Marketing group.  I was advised that BeIn Sports has agreed as part of their licensing renewal process will be offered in both an SD and HD version.  The exact dates of negotiations and implantation is not something that we are able to share.  I would recommend that you watch your billing statement for programming changes.  Typically you will be notified 30 days in advance and the relevant channel numbers will also be provided.

Regards,

Cheryl Jacqueson

Posted by
New Poster

Message 115 of 647

Thanks man!!!
I hope this will be the end of this SD vs HD nightmare with Comcast.
I just hope that this is not another simple “b#@!*%” coming from a Comcast representative. I am saying this because we have been waiting for Comcast flip this channel in HD since they first put it in SD, back years ago. I am crossing my fingers.
I remember the days when the Fox Soccer channel (current Fox Sport) used to be in SD only.

A week before the channel was available in HD, I had met a lady from Comcast in my building near downtown Silver Spring, MD. I complained to the lady about the lack of Fox Soccer in HD. She told me that I was wrong; she even asked me if I had a HD TV set. According to her that channel was always in HD on Comcast. She stated that in her house the channel was one of the most watched. I insisted that if she wanted to verify, that she could come to my apartment and see it for herself. She declined but called her own home to verify the availability of the channel in HD. She was told that it was in SD “zoomed-in” to fill the screen, which was done from the TV set. On that day she promised me that we will very soon get the Fox Soccer HD channel.
A week later we had the Fox Soccer channel in HD in Montgomery County, MD.
Knowing that it takes some time (but not forever) and planning to realign the cable TV channels, I still consider my encounter with the lady and the Fox Soccer HD channel coming to my area as a pure coincidence. The other residents of my building think she is the one who brought us the HD channel.
I just watched Barcelona play against Villarreal on bein-sport, but I had to go to a friend’s place. He got Verizon…, I got Comcast!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 116 of 647

Great, now when is Comcast going to start showing BeIN in HD?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 117 of 647

I pray this is true but after several years of pleading with Comcast to carry BeIN in HD I've become a cynic. I had the pleasure of watching Leo Messi and the Barca boys in HD on FS1 in their Champions League match against ManCity and the quality difference nearly brought me to tears. But, back to the cynical me that Comcast has created, I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 118 of 647

Comcast!!! Can we have BeIN Sports in HD please.!!!!  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 119 of 647

it has been over 2 years and nothing xfinity.. how long do we have to wait.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 120 of 647

Barca vs Real Madrid this weekend and guess what. I get to watch in full HD! But not on Comcast though. Nope I have to head over to my friends house who has DirectTV and they have it in HD. Looks like I'm making the switch!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 121 of 647

Does Comcast provide BEIN network in HD?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 122 of 647
Llevo años pidiendo a Comcast bein sport en HD como lo tienen todas las compañías de cable es mi canal favorito y teniendo un TV de alta definición no puedo disfrutar dicho canal. Si quieren tener muchos más clientes y que no se den de baja como yo lo estoy pensando les recomiendo que pongan dicho canal en HD
Posted by
New Poster

Message 123 of 647
Comcast only offers the channel in SD. No info. from the help desk as to when or if they will add the HD feed. This is a real shame; DirecTV offers it in HD.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 124 of 647
I see lots of people have gave up trying to get comcast to offer bein sports in HD. This channel os being given to comcast in an HD format, but they are making it SD for the user. I know a lot of friends that just simply changed to other companies because of this.

I watch La Liga, which is in my opinion the most important league, I would like to see it in HD. I am not going to start watching the premier league just because its offered in HD, nor will my children. If its a matter of tryijg to make the premier league bigger because comcast owns the right to the premier (pretty much), it doesn't work. You guys want to keep growing? Make all latin sports channel HD, after all Latins are the fastest growing minority in the US.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 125 of 647

How many households don't have a HD TV? Don't more people watch HD than SD? Why wouldn't the proportion of HD/SD reflect the reality that no one watches SD anymore? Get with the times Comcast! You could delete all my SD channels tomorrow and I would never know the difference and yet I have 3x as many unwatchable SD channels as I do HD.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 126 of 647

BEIN HD, PLEASE!!!!

Absolutely criminal it is 2015 and I'm watching Barcelona v Real Madrid in lousy SD.

Switching to Dish Network

Posted by
New Poster

Message 127 of 647

BeIN sports  is televised in HD but Comcast won't offer  it in HD. I'm paying extra $$$$ for that channel and other in the stupid  sports and entertainment  package. Comcast betterm fix that  fast or I'm  finding another provider who does and all my other ffiends that are big soccer fans who have Comcast as well. We're tired of paying ridiculous amounts of money  a month for sub-par services

Posted by
New Poster

Message 128 of 647
I fiND that hard to believe Comcast. It's become a monopoly and while you provide a service your customers are taken advantage of and have to pay extra money for a sports package where there really one soccer channel in that line up instead of offering just the channel. I'd happily pay the extra $5 for just BeIN if it was offered in HD. this is garbage but I haveno choice at the moment and fios is not offered in my neighborhood yet...but once it is I'm leaving Comcast and it's crooked ways for better service and more and better channel lineups plus more HD
Posted by
New Poster

Message 129 of 647
I'm watching El Classico right now saying the same thing or any other services provider that has the same channel lineup I do with garbage Comcast as well as BeIN HD. I'm sick of this carp
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 130 of 647
GOOOAAAAALLLLLLL SUAREZITOOOOOO
Posted by
Contributor

Message 131 of 647

so much for 'the most live sports' .. i had to go to a friends to watch this game in HD Fi o s ..they made fun on comcast not offering this channel in HD. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 132 of 647

I cancell my service today. Yesterday was the Clasico, and the signal was terrible in Bein Sport

berke824 wrote:

I agree, I feel cheated. i had fios and had all premium channels in hd. we never watched non hd channels.

. I know many friend here in Weston, Florida where Comcast just entered that are swithing back to Direct TV (as I did).

Comcast USA is not only baseball, basketball and football... there are also soccer fans that would like to see Bein Sport in HD.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 133 of 647

I enrolled to Comcast 3 months ago, and then I realized that beIN sport was not being transmitted in HD. After many call to complain about this, and after watching the Clasico yesterday in a terrible quality I cancelled my service today, and I am returning to Direct TV.

Please Comcast understand that in this country there are also soccer fans, that was to watch soccer in HD. If you dont want to continue losing customer because of that, do something now.

Comcast just entered here in Weston, FL, and I know many people will do soon the same thing I did today.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 134 of 647

BEIN Sport in HD

PLEASE -BEIN sport channel is impossible to see-poor quality and small picture-this is a channel included in the Sports Entertainment package. Comcast really needs to get HD!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 135 of 647

Comcast do you there are also soccer fans? when are you planning to transmit beIN sport in HD.

Do something please if not I will go back to Direct TV.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 136 of 647

Comcast does not seeem to give importance to the fact that beIn sport is not in HD. The only solution will be that one of the VPs there start liking soccer.

Incredible.... I am swithing back to Direct TV.... 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 137 of 647

I've been patient. This is absurd. We are paying customers. It's a HD feed being given to the user in SD! Are you kidding me! 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 138 of 647

GET AVAILABLE ASAP CHANNEL BEIN Sport in HD . WE PAYING $ 10 FOR THIS PACKAGE EVERY MONTH

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 139 of 647

They paid a lot of money for Premier League, so they don't want you to watch their competition. Sats have them, I go to my father's and watch Beinsport with him.

It's in HD if you watch the live streaming on xfinity's website, which is the only option if you're family doesn't have sat.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 140 of 647

GET AVAILABLE ASAP CHANNEL BEIN Sport in HD . WE PAYING $ 10 FOR THIS PACKAGE EVERY MONTH. ITS REDICULOUS AND NOT ACCEPTABLE TO NOT HAVE IT IN HIGH DEFINITION .WE JUST GOT THE SERVICE ANS WE WIL WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS AND IF THAT CAN NOT BE DONE WE WIL CANCEL THE SERVICE AND WE WIL GER DISH TV THAT OFFER BEIN TV CHANNEL  IN   HIGH DEFINITON 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 141 of 647
beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español is offered in HD to all our cable TV and satellite providers at no additional cost to them for carrying it. Providers decide whether they offer HD or SD to their customers. Please contact your provider and let them know you want the beIN SPORTS networks in HD today:
http://www.beinsport.tv/getbein.html
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 142 of 647

Comcast does not want to provide an HD channel for BEIN Sports despite the availability of the broadcasts in HD.  It has been years since they told me that and they have done nothing to broadcast BEIN in HD. What can we do to get this change to happen? Obviously sitting by and writing in this forum is getting us nowhere. This forum is just for customers; personnel of Comcast/XFINITI do not even read it. What kind of protest would get their attention?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 143 of 647

bug them via twitter/fb/G+ all day and everyday, show the public that they don't have it in HD.  If I would have known this I would not of switched service.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 144 of 647

Waching this channel on my phone because it's streamed in HD.  On TV, that's a different story.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 145 of 647

I almost cried when directv said they couldn't install my dish. 12 years of loyalty to them, only because they always provide the best channels. I don't care if I have to pay. If it's what I watch I'll pay it. 

All i I kept telling directv was"please don't make me go to Comcast" it's the only company that still thinks so is normal. The biggest soccer channel in the country they decide to make sd just for kicks and giggles. I'm about to break my lease just to leave Comcast 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 146 of 647

It's hard to believe that we have to put up with this issue for so long. beIN offers both SD and HD for the same cost, so there is absolutely NO REASON that Comcast shouldn't offer beIN in HD. We're talking about the world's most-popular sport, here. It's hard not to feel the predjudice. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 147 of 647

And, why no BeINCONNECT? I'm truly disgusted with Xfinity/Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 148 of 647

When is Comcast planning to offer beIN Sports in full HD. Current picture quality on this channel is very poor.  This includes beIN Sports in spanish.  I switched from Verizon Fios to Xfinity and discovered Xfinity does not have as many HD channels as Fios.  This is very disappointing. Comcast needs to up their game and provide a higher quality product.  I'm subscribing to the Xfinity Complete. The Comcast operator indicated that this channel was full HD but it is not. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 149 of 647

I just got off the phone with Comcast after asking about how the negotiations were going with beinSPORTS to begin delivering their broadcast in HD.  The customer service person I spoke with said that my timing to ask that question was perfect because the Comcast staff just got a notice today that beinSPORTS will be delivered in HD to Comcast customers beginning in about mid-May.  We should be seeing a notice about this and a couple other channels previously in SD to be in HD in our upcoming bills.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 150 of 647
Thanks for the update! Here's hoping.