Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Frequent Visitor

Re: BEIN Sport in HD

The Duke is right. Back in 2012 when BeIN won the broadcast rights for La Liga, Ligue1 and Serie A the soccer community bombarded Comcast with requests for BeIN to be added to their channel lineup. There were two primary threads related to that requests and each had over six thousand requests. If you love soccer and want to see the best playing in HD then you have to let Comcast know, if if it's just something short and sweet like, "Please carry BeIN in HD."

Regular Visitor

Spanish League started!! I'm ready! I have my sport package, my HD comcast box, my HD Samsung Tv..... but wait it's that Fc barcelona or toronto fc? I can't tell because it looks so bad!!

So let's get out the macbook air and the hdmi adapter open safari go to xfinity.tv live streaming click on Bein Sports on 720p put my tv on hdmi 2 feed turn off my cable box... Well it does look a little better.. but wait the feed just froze.. oh now it's back ... oh wait it pixelating.. oh there were go again.. 

Should I cancel my comcast tv service and just pay for the Dish app? 

New Poster

BEIN Sport in HD! What's the delay?

Another year has passed and still no HD channel for BeIN sport? What's going on?

La Liga kicked off this past weekend and my HD TV was useless as was forced to watch Lionel Messi and Co. in olow res and out of focus.

Comcast...there have meen many many posts about this and no replies or action.

You are on the verge of losing yet another customer if you don't address this glaring ommission.

Get BEIN sport in HD.

ASAP.

Thank you. 

New Poster

Re: BEIN Sport in HD! What's the delay?

Bein in HD please. This is extremely frustrating. I'd have already purchased the sports package if it was available.
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: BEIN Sport in HD! What's the delay?

New Poster

How can comcast not have hd bein tv or gol tv! I am getting fed up with this having to stream games on my 65 in tv and then they nuke the stream speed
New Poster

Lack of HD channels

Called regarding the BeIN HD, lack of premium movie channels in HD and the absence of FSN2 from the channel lineup and received the same answer that I have received in the past.. "We can't have all channels in HD". After pointing that all these channels are available on verizon and dish.. I was given the same company line.. It's pretty annoying that's pay way too much for my services and get less than what Verizon/dish customers get.. TWC had so many more HD channels when I lived in Cincinnati.

New Poster

Re: Lack of HD channels

I agree, I feel cheated. i had fios and had all premium channels in hd. we never watched non hd channels.

Contributor

I agree with the lack of HD programming. At my home down south where I have TWC I have 12 HBO and 23 MAX channels, with only a couple in SD all others HD. And with the SD service, the signal quality is almost equal to that of HD - its that good.

Frequent Visitor

ADD BEIN HD!!! its been years! cmon

New Poster

Re: Need BeIn sports in HD!

Had DireccTV, which provided bein sport in HD.  Switched to Comcast with the understanding the bein sport was offered.  Didn't realize till after the swtich that the channel was not in HD.  That was a trememendous disappointment.  At this point i won't switch to Verizon, which does carry the channel in HD, but i'll definitely conisder the change when my contract is up, unless Comcast adds BeinSport in HD.  They have about a year to improve.

New Poster

Re: Bein Sports shows in SD not HD

Yes, it is absolutely unacceptable that we don't get this channel in HD. And to make it worse, Comcast doesn't provide tge Bein Connect service to be able to stream live from mobile devices (ATT Uverse, DirectTV, COX, Time Warner Cable, Dish, etc all provide it).
If Comcast doesn't listen to their customers then they will lose them. I'm just about ready to switch, given my bill and the lack of competitive programming and services.
New Poster

I am having the same issue in Seattle its even 720p (not HD for sure). Also, Comcast only provide it in Spainsh.I just joined comcast and started to miss my At&t Uverse service. Had to watch Milan Juventus game streaming.

New Poster

No BeIN Sport in English and no HD (...switching provider soon)

I just got Comcase service in Seattle with the Sport Package. I was shocked to see that Comcase doesn't have BeIN sport in English, they only provide it in Spanish. I wasn't able to watch my favourite team (AC Milan) important game against Juventus in the Italian Seria A league (happening now).The Spanish Channel is broadcasting some weak game in the Spanish league becasuse BeIN sport in English is broadcasting AC Milan game.

Also, the channel that they offer is neither 720p nor 1080 (not HD for sure).

I am starting to miss my previose service with At&t Uverse.

BeIN Sport is now number 1 sport channel for soccer fans. It is very ignorant of Comact to not conisder this segment of customers.

It might be a matter of time before I cancel my service and switch to other company.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I've been a comcast customer for 10 years, my family since they opened in my area 20 yrs ago under a different name. We will both be changing our services because of this problem and it's a shame comcast can't keep their customers happy. One problem after another with them.
New Poster

Is there s/one to contact about this?  

New Poster

SF Bay Area <br> COMCAST GET YOUR @#% IN GEAR. BEIN IS IN LOW DEF ONLY. 429! UVERSE AND DIRECT TV ALREADY HAVE IT IN HD. YOU DID THE SAME THING WITH SPEED CH A FEW YEARS AGO. TOOK YOU FOREVER TO MATCH YOUR COMP AND PUT IN HD. YOU ARE PATHETIC. IM GETTING CRAZY OFFERS TO LEAVE YOU. DOES IT BOTHER YOU THAT EVERYONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS DOES NOT LIKE YOU? DO YOU HAVE ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER?
New Poster

I would pay $5 for the sports package but I see the channel is not offered in HD. Huge fail. Won't pay for the $5 service until they offer BEIN in HD

New Poster

Re: Need BeIn sports in HD!

Still no response from Comcast? Anyone found any other way around this? What's the direct tv app the other guy was talking about? I may have to consider switching providers if Comcast is going to ignore the problem.
New Poster

I JUST ADD THE SPORT PACKAGE TO WATCH THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND BOOM NL BEIN IN HD...COME ON!!!! WHEN WILL THIS BE AVAILABLE, OTHERS CABLE COMPANIES GOT THIS IN HD WHY IS XFINITY THE EXEMPTION? ??????????
New Poster

It is frustrating to watch la liga in SD, anyone from comcast can reply why you can not provide bein sport in HD.
New Poster

There is an ongoing thread with the same requests... Here is my post:

I am very frustrated like everyone else for the NO feedback from Comcast... So no Bein HD and no Bein connect .. What are my other options besides Comcast ? Anything cheaper? .. I pay over $150 a month for cable including Sports package and Latino package (just for the sports channels even though I don't speak spanish !) but I am seriouly thinking of switching over.. what alternatives do I have ? Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Folks, here's the real deal. BeIn Sport offers HD programming to all cable providers at no extra charge-http://www.beinsports.tv/faq#faqarticle-17wlouuv9t9j91om6m9c82pf03. So why not give us an answer? What are you hiding? I have choose between 3 cable providers, and I have 29 days left to correct the mistake I made yesterday by switching from FiOs (who has BeIn Sport in HD) to Comcast.
New Poster

BEIN SPORTS HD

Does anyone know why comcast STILL does not carry BEIN sport HD? Everyone I talked to has switched to other carriers to watch the best soccer leagues in the world. It doesn't make any sense. I've been asking any customer service agent I can get ahold of for the last 2 years why this channel isn't carried in HD. I unfortunately don't have the luxury of switching to dish because my building has a contract with comcast. 

COMCAST - PLEASE BRING BEIN SPORTS HD TO THE CHANNEL LINEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Re: BEIN SPORTS HD

I agree. My BEIN Sports "SAYS" HD but the channel (400 in my area) is NOT HD

New Poster

I paid a lot extra just so I can get Bein. It's not even 720p it's clearly 480.
I'm used to watch it before on Directv and the picture look incredibly amazing.
I guess I have to switch back to directv I'm not happy with this ugly comcast picture.
Frequent Visitor

In my area, espn news, big 10 network, and cbs sports are all non hd also. Every other provider in the area offers these in hd. Comcast is a real joke. I have never been so unhappy with a cable company.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast, what's the point of this forum? For people to have a place to vent, and for you to have a place to generate fodder for your internal office jokes. I switched from FiOS a mont ago and I have decided today (after giving up on streaming BeiNSport from your lousy iPad app to my Apple TV) that it is worth every penny of the early cancellation fee for me to switch back to FiOs. You don't listen. Don't understand the underlying message of this forum. "Soccer- we can ignore that preppy sport, it doesn't matter, it won't affect our EPS....." What you don't get is that the demographic is changing. Soccer is the world game and the new demographic will generate a lot more growth for you with soccer than all the other traditional US sports combined. Lucky for you, you won't have to worry about that when it happens, because you won't have a business then. Sincerely, " no longer a comcast customer"
Regular Visitor

Please provide HD for BeIn Sports. I pay close to $200/month for this! It's the only channel I watch my Barcelona Team.  Please do update us with HD. Or I will quit comcast very soon.

New Poster

Consider this my signature to petition releasing BEIN HD in actual HD

Regular Visitor

Comcast - you're losing customers over this.   I need BEIN in HD, and that apparently means switching to another provider.

/Dave

New Poster

This is ridiculous. How come BEIN in HD is so hard to get?

New Poster

I have been waiting patiently Comcast for almost 2 years now and still no BEIN in HD. What do we need to do as customers to get a good football/soccer channel with a viewing option that is not hard on our eyes?

Frequent Visitor

Although we post our thoughts in this forum, NO ONE from Comcast/Xfinity ever reads this! This is a customer forum, and I assure you, Comcast personnel don't know or care what we write here! When I called to ask why they don't have BEIN Sports in HD, I was told that they have a limited allotment of HD channel space!!!
Contributor

Please add the HD for both channels.. sport and espanol. FIOS has this already.

Contributor

add bein hd ..fios already have these channels in HD

Contributor

So sad... watching BEIN in SD .. while neighbors watch it in HD.. I'm going over to their house.. sad

New Poster

I am also extremely upset and disappointed that Comcast does not carry Bein Sports in HD! It's crazy in this day and age to not get the HD option. I wish I could change providers but my area/neighborhood does not get FIOS or DirecTV.
Contributor

Everyone that wants BIEN in HD please KUDO the poster.. lets give comcast visibility of this POST.. BEIN in HD BEIN in HD BEIN in HD BEIN in HD BEIN in HDBEIN in HD BEIN in HD BEIN in HD BEIN in HD BEIN in HD BEIN in HD

Let's get 100 KUDOs on this tread..c'mon.. all you "viewers" Kudo this post please and show comcast this is what we want and want it now.

We got 450+ views.. please KUDO this post..for BEIN in HD.

Frequent Visitor

I'm brand new to this forum because I have had similar frustrations as the others in this feed. Perhaps I'm naive, but I contacted Comcast Tech Support to submit a request to deliver BeInSports in HD. She took down my information and submitted my request for tracking purposes. She said as more subscribers contact Comcast Tech Support also requesting this service Comcast will view the number of requests and determine if there is a high enough demand warranting delivery. I asked how many have asked for something similar since I read so many requests through this forum. She said I was the first. That was obviously surprising. I asked how they gather the numbers of requests since they would all have to be directed to the same central type of request to obtain a true number of requests. Frankly, I didn't get a satisfactory answer. If anyone else has already contacted Comcast Tech Support, please let me know so I can deal with them and their gathering process. Thank you.

Contributor

FIOS- Carries these in HD.

BEIN SPORTS ENGLISH

BEIN SPORTS Spanol

ESPN Deportes

UNIVISION DEPORTES

and all movie networks in HD.. we stuck with one of each. Even this stupid post box doesn't allow you to put a sad smile face.. 

Frequent Visitor

I contacted them over a year ago requesting Bein sports in HD. I was told they had limited HD channel space.
Contributor

LOL! 

This is crazy.  They have in the 200s some of the same HD channels in the 800s ...why? they will say to help customer find things easier? so you have them in two locations? that's comcast's easy solution.. really.  

New Poster

Please add Bein Sports HD and allow access to BeinSport connect

Hi,
This one is simple, all other provides offer BeinSport in HD except Comcast Xfinity.
Also, Comcast Xfinity is the only provider that is not allowing access to Bein Sport online through the BeinSport connect website.

Please make these changes to make the Sports Package attractive to all Comcast Suscriber soccer fans out there.

Thanks,

Hernan.
Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: Please add Bein Sports HD and allow access to BeinSport connect

Could not say it any better...soccer (anything really) in SD is horrible. we had 2 HD soccer channels, lost GolTv in HD and no replacement. Now Bein has the Spanish, French, and Italian leagues...plus other cup games. Also only major provider to not be listed on beinsportsconnect. What a joke. 

Frequent Visitor

Please PLEASE add BeIN Sport HD and allow us access to BeIN Sport Connect!!

Frequent Visitor

I watched the Chelsea/Liverpool game yesterday on BeIN Sport in SD and it was pathetic. I could barely make out the players. We need BeIN Sport in HD!

Frequent Visitor

I just got off the phone with Comcast Tech Support and the person I spoke to talked to his supervisor and gave me an answer that makes sense. BEINSports is indeed available in HD, but Comcast is in negotiations with them about the cost to provide the broadcast in HD. Who knows if an agreement will ever be reached.he thinks it will most likely become available as interest in soccer in the US increase. His personal thought is as interest increases the another station may want to provide it, much like NBCSN provides the Premier League.
Contributor

You would think that the "HD Technology Fee" under Bundled Services would cover all these negotiations as we (customers) are paying for it, since it's include on our bill

Please add in HD.

New Poster

Comcast is scaming everyone for no apparant reason because if you go on BeIN's website (and I also called and talked to them) they specifically tell you that "we offer BeIN HD to all networks but it's up to them whether they give it to you or not". BeIN has no control over this but they encourage us to request HD if we have not already. As far as Im concerned, Comcast is the only TV network that doesn't offer BeIN HD