Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BEIN Sport in HD

Frequent Visitor

Re: BEIN Sport in HD

BeIN Sports in HD
Another European Soccer Season has begun & as loyal Comcast customers, we still do not have BeIN Sports in HD. BeIN Sports' Full Time Soccer coverage includes LaLiga (Spain) with the best players in the world (Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo), Ligue 1 (France), Serie A (Italy) & Championship (England's Second Tier) + has included additional games from the Swiss Super League & Russian Premier League. Also major international soccer tournaments & World Cup Qualifying Events from North America, South America & Africa. Since the YES Network was removed from our channel lineup, there is an open spot in HD at channel 844 & also we have numerous channels in HD in the 1500's & 1600's, no reason for BeIN Sports not to be included in HD somewhere. I wrote a letter to BeIN Sports & the response that I received regarding Comcast, is that Comcast pays BeIN Sports a specific price for BeIN & that BeIN is only offered in HD to cable companies, unfortunately it is Comcast's decision where they place it in its channel lineup. Please Comcast, please give us BeIN Sports in HD, we are definitely paying enough for it. Brad

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Bein Sports shows in SD not HD

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: All my sports channel in HD

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: BeIN HD

Frequent Visitor

Re: Channel 726 beIN

Another European Soccer Season has begun & as loyal Comcast customers, we still do not have BeIN Sports in HD. BeIN Sports' Full Time Soccer coverage includes LaLiga (Spain) with the best players in the world (Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo), Ligue 1 (France), Serie A (Italy) & Championship (England's Second Tier) + has included additional games from the Swiss Super League & Russian Premier League. Also major international soccer tournaments & World Cup Qualifying Events from North America, South America & Africa. Since the YES Network was removed from our channel lineup, there is an open spot in HD at channel 844 & also we have numerous channels in HD in the 1500's & 1600's, no reason for BeIN Sports not to be included in HD somewhere. I wrote a letter to BeIN Sports & the response that I received regarding Comcast, is that Comcast pays BeIN Sports a specific price for BeIN & that BeIN is only offered in HD to cable companies, unfortunately it is Comcast's decision where they place it in its channel lineup. Please Comcast, please give us BeIN Sports in HD, we are definitely paying enough for it. Brad in New Jersey
*LaLiga begins in 5 days*

New Poster

Is this going to continue for another soccer season?  If we cannot get BeIn in HD in English, is there a way to get the SAP from Spanish to English on the HD Channel?  

New Poster

Apparently Comcast cares more about removing duplicate posts than giving us Bein in HD. On top of it they have their web stream marked as protected content so I can't just stream the internet stream to my xbox from my computer.

Contributor

Comcast takes a lot of money from our pockets and don't want to give us with Bein sports in HD. Comcast is stealing from us.
Frequent Visitor

Nice job ComcastTeds removing posts, how about adding BeIN Sports to HD 

New Poster

I cannot belive Comcast still does not offer this channel in HD even after all of the improvements to the packages.  Verizon FIOS DOES OFFER BEIN HD and its really HD!   so does direct TV... Verizon will even give you a 300$ gift card to switch to them on top of getting BEIN HD thats actually in HD.

this has to be such an easy fix for Xfinity but they just dont care apparently 

Frequent Visitor

Watching Real Sociedad & Real Madrid on BeIN Sports in "not" HD, with all of the replies, don't you believe it is about time???

Frequent Visitor

Re: BeIN HD & Fox Sports 2

Well we realize that Comcast is not a soccer friendly network, but maybe since BeIN Sports is going to be broadcasting Conference USA College Football this fall, maybe that could be our benefit, maybe HD is in our future.

Now let's talk FOXSPORTS 2 , Bundesliga (German Soccer) beginning next weekend & lots of games are on FS2, when will we get FS2??? & will it be in HD???

Remember when we lost the YES Network in HD, that meant no more NYCFC Soccer Games, our monthly bill did not change even though we lost a network. 

Lets go Comcast!!! We are paying lots of money, for TV, Phone & Internet, hopefully you want to keep our business???

New Poster

Get us Bein sport connect

New Poster

I spent the last 7 years with Directv (in New Mexico) and Verizon FIOS (in MA), but now I unfortunately had to relocate to an area in NJ where Comcast is the only cable provider. It's not just sports channels like BeIN/Fox, which both DTV and FIOS offer in HD, but your premium channels are all - across the board - provided in HD. Comcast, on the other had 9 HBO channels but only 1 in HD; 10 Cinemax only 1 in HD; 6 Showtime only 1 in HD, 2 TMC but none in HD; 7 Starz only 1 in HD. With other providers you get every one in HD - and the quality of HD on my TV is miles worse with Comcast than both DTV and Fios. Honestly, I just hooked up my cable wit Comcast this week and for the first time in my life I'm thinking about cutting the cord. I always knew Comcast was bad, but they're far worse than I could have ever imagined. My first impression with Comcastis certainly one of disgust.

New Poster

Dear Comcast,

Since this forum is over 3 years old, I assume that you have already started working on having BeIN in HD.

Please let us know where you stand and what are the next steps that you're planning to follow with the expected day when BeIN can be watched in HD.

You'd need to provide us with a weekly status so we can see the progress that you're making.

Please, committ to send a weekly status update every Friday around noon EST.

Thanks.

New Poster

Hey, I just FINALLY figured out how to get SAP in English on the beIN Spanish HD channel. Not sure if you were trying to figure this out, but if you are, I'm happy to help.

Official Employee

South_Florida wrote:

Dear Comcast,

Since this forum is over 3 years old, I assume that you have already started working on having BeIN in HD.

Please let us know where you stand and what are the next steps that you're planning to follow with the expected day when BeIN can be watched in HD.

You'd need to provide us with a weekly status so we can see the progress that you're making.

Please, committ to send a weekly status update every Friday around noon EST.

Thanks.

Apologies. We don't have any announcements to make right now regarding additional areas for beIN HD. Additional areas may be announced at a later date. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

scojoseph wrote:

Hey, I just FINALLY figured out how to get SAP in English on the beIN Spanish HD channel. Not sure if you were trying to figure this out, but if you are, I'm happy to help.

Just adding the instructions again for others: 

In most all cases, switching to the SAP feed (Secondary Audio Programming) will change the language to English for live soccer matches on this channel.

If you have a DTA, and your remote control has a LANG button on it, press it.

- If you have an HD or SD full cable box:

Press the Menu button twice on the Comcast Universal Remote Control. A new screen below will appear, with the top-left option automatically selected.
Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Setup and press OK/Select (the center key on the remote control in the middle of the 4 arrow/directional buttons).

Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Audio setup and press OK/Select.

The Default Audio Track will default to the first option–Channel default–which which is always the channel’s main audio track (unless it was previously changed).

Press the right-arrow navigation key to change the audio track. Changing this selection will instantly change the audio.

1. Press once for English
2. Press twice for Spanish (Español) OR to activate Video Description (DVS)
3. Press three times for French (Français)
4. Press four times for Portuguese (Portugues).
5. Then press the Exit button (above the Volume button) to resume program viewing

Please note: These audio options can only be heard if the program provider or cable channel is providing that additional audio option.

- For customers on our X1 platform:  https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-audio-output/

- If the above does not help, look at the remote control for your TV set (not your cable box) to adjust the TVs language settings (sometimes labeled as MTS or SAP on the remote or via your TVs settings menu).

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Does anyone know if the Bein Sport spanish HD channel is part of the sports package in zip code 77520?

New Poster

What's a later date? a week, a month, a year? another 3 years? Comcast still living in 2005...

New Poster

Just switched from FIOS and they had BEIN in HD and just about every other channel for that matter. Shocked by how many channels are only available in standard definition on xfinity. Why does standard definition even exist anymore???
Contributor

It seems to be when the contracts run out. Neither side likes to make changes while the contracts are still valid. It opens up other issues.
New Poster

I want to add my voice to this Forum, it's is hard to believe that beIN Sports is still not offered in HD after so many posts for the last 3 years. I recently added the sports package to my lineup to get the soccer games in HD, and to my dismay I discovered the beIN Sports is NOT offered in HD. Plain and simple it's unbelievable!!!!!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: BeIN HD palm beach county

WHEN CAN WE GET BEIN TV IN HIGH DEF IN PALM BEACH COUNTY???????
Regular Visitor

Does anyone know, other than complaining on this forum, what needs to happen to get comcast to give us BEIN HD?
How many of us need to complain? Who do we need to write a letter to? Who do we need to call?, etc...
New Poster

The same issue, I'm a new customer from Dish that have Bein sports on HD. The xfinity sale guy told me Bein is included and come to find out it is not in HD. When my contract is over going back to Dish. I watch a lot of soccer that is my number one sport. 

New Poster

Why isn't Comcast listed a BeIn Connect provider?

This is urgent.  There are EFL Cup games coming up this Tuesday, 9/20 and it's mind blowing that I can't get beIn connect when I subscribe to beIn, the TV channel.

New Poster

Comcast Ted, would you kindly see if you can help with this request;

This is urgent.  There are EFL Cup games coming up this Tuesday, 9/20 and it's mind blowing that I can't get beIn connect when I subscribe to beIn, the TV channel.

New Poster

I am a new customer in Michigan and was told the same thing about Bein sports. That's false advertisement. Say you only have it in SD and it's ok. The iron is the channel say Bein sport in HD, however, the picture is very low resolution SD. I might reconsider switching back to Direct TV for at least the tV given this issue. Very disappointed. I have barely been a customer for a week now!

Contributor

Because they don't care.... I have been asking this for 1 year now and their answer was suggesting they don't even know what BeIN connect is. Xfinity is the ONLY big provider that IS NOT LISTED WITH BEIN CONNECT!!

Official Employee

alecos wrote:

In regards to the beIN Connect app, Comcast has not yet come to contract terms with beIN that are required to offer access to the beIN Connect app by our customers.

Our customers can access live streams of beIN's main channels now via the XFINTY TV app via a mobile device or online on a laptop or desktop at the link below.

I realize that this is not the same access that the beIN Connect app provides.

Watch live TV here including two channels of beIN Sports:
https://tv.xfinity.com/ Search for beIN in the upper right search box

or via the XFINITY TV app: http://www.xfinity.com/apps.html

Comcast continues to be in discussions with beIN regarding this. Our programming team talks with beIN regularly. I don't have a timeline as to when an agreement might be reached.

A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer this service to our customers.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

King4 wrote:
Does anyone know, other than complaining on this forum, what needs to happen to get comcast to give us BEIN HD?
How many of us need to complain? Who do we need to write a letter to? Who do we need to call?, etc...

Apologies. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, interests and concerns to our local and national programming teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

You can also send feedback and requests here: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Hi Comcast Teds,

you know this is the same answer you have provided for the past year.... I know is not your fault, but to me a year to negotiate with BEin for being able to let us to access to Bein COnnect is a long time. I don't even believe your company has started to negotiate with them. Just waiting my contract to expire and I will go back to Direct TV (they are not better than you) but at leas they have the programming I want...

Official Employee

borgarelli1408 wrote:

Hi Comcast Teds,

you know this is the same answer you have provided for the past year.... I know is not your fault, but to me a year to negotiate with BEin for being able to let us to access to Bein COnnect is a long time. I don't even believe your company has started to negotiate with them. Just waiting my contract to expire and I will go back to Direct TV (they are not better than you) but at leas they have the programming I want...

I can tell you that our programming teams meet with beIN regularly regarding this app, HD carriage in additional areas and other matters.

In regards to beIN Connect, these need to include terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Well this is the longest negotiation ever.... Meanwhile every other TV provider was able to find an agreement but Comcast.....

Please don't tell me your company is working on this. Comcast doesn't care of their customers at all. I stopped to believe to fairy tails 40 years ago

Frequent Visitor

BeINs stream on your website is better than your broadcast.  I know very little about the technical aspects of cable transmission but I do know for a fact that streaming over the internet requires a higher percentage of available bandwidth than satelite broadcasting in HD as opposed to sd.  Also connect is cheap for cable companies you just don't want to distract customers from your EPL product on NBCSN.  But wait Comcast is not a monopoly.  

Regular Visitor

wow..so frustrating to go back and read these posts from years past. 

They're totally BS-ing us....insulting actually.  no way this is still in 'negotiation'....not in BeIN in HD, but it's the same story for Fox Sports 2, which is also not carried for some odd reason...

Comcast is still the only broadband provider I have in my area (15613), , and to unbundle the TV package is stupidly expensive, so I guess I'll take my lumps until another alternative gets around the monopoly ..in which Comcast will be canceled the very same day. 

In the meantime, I suggest we all take our complaints to the comcast / xfinty Facebook page, will get more visbilty there rather than the own companys message board....

Contributor

It is very frustrating.  It's crazy how many things vitually every other company provides that Comcast doesn't.  BeIN HD is just one of them along with Fox Sports 2.  They don't offer online access to NFL Red Zone or HBO Go on PS3 & PS4.  These services have been offered for years in some cases on other providers.

Frequent Visitor

After waiting and writing here for 5 years, I just want to say that today I finally disconnected Comcast. Lack of Bein HD, Bein connect, and FS2 along with a monstrous bill wasn't worth it. Now, I get all those three things and have lowered my bill by a third. I've given up some convenience by leaving and would have stayed with comcast even with the higher bill but I just got tired of waiting. 

Contributor

I did the same. Disconnect and get Sling. Comcast is a joke.
Regular Visitor

I thought I was the only one with this problem. It is true, the xfinity mobile app streams at a much higher resolution than the tv transmission. You can tell very quick when you change between BeIN and FS1 soccer games. Its night and day. The clarity of FS1 is true or closer to true 1080p. Add the 4K upscaling and it looks very nice. BeIN on the other hand, looks horrible. Like something between 480p and 720p, to add insult to injury, they plaster the HD logo on it. I think its Comcast trying to push people to NBC sports channels and not to BeIN. They have rights to Premier I think and since BeIN has all of the rest (Ligue, Liga, Serie A), its not in their best interest to provide full HD. I am just waiting for ATT U-Verse to provide the same internet speeds and I will be cutting Comcast loose.

Regular Visitor

This is from Bein app faqs:<br>6. Why isn’t beIN SPORTS available in HD from my provider?<br><br> beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español is offered in HD to all our cable TV and satellite providers at no additional cost to them for carrying it. Providers decide whether they offer HD or SD to their customers. Please contact your provider and let them know you want the beIN SPORTS networks in HD today: Get beIN<br>So this whole "we're still negotiating" nonsense is a bunch os BS!!
Regular Visitor

Yes. I know a person that has ATT uverse and they have 4 BeIN channels. 2 SD - English and Spanish, and 2 HD channels - English and Spanish. We are stuck with only 1 "HD" Spanish channel.

Contributor

It's very easy. Comcast is probably asking beIn to pay them to get the "privilege" to broadcast on their system. That must be the holdup.

#greed
Contributor

And no FS2 either. Too bad they have a monopoly in my area. I'm stuck with them.
Frequent Visitor

At least you have 1 in HD.  Not in DC.  Zero.

Regular Visitor

Well "HD", not 1080i or p HD. Its like playing an early 1990s soccer video game, where Ronaldo's face is made out of 10 pixels. Thanks Comcast!

New Poster

I'm thinking of dropping the sports package for Sling TV. There is an international sports package which gives you Bein Sport in HD for $80 per year and no additional channel package is necessary to purchase. I've read that games can be replayed for 3 days. It would be hard to get rid of Redzone but I'm sick of watching Barcelona in SD.
New Poster

Bein Sports HD, yeah not really

i would like to know when Comcast will actually add this channel to the HD lineup? right now you get a smaller picture which is not HD and it's pretty hard to watch anything. would like a response from someone at Comcast, you guys charge a lot of money for a sometimes sub par service! i have no other options where i live so i'm stuck with it...

Also no online access, Comcast is the only cable company that doesnt have access to the channels onliine! come on people!

Contributor

At least you have that, we have 0 and that's why I dropped it and got Sling.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More