BEIN Sport in HD

Posted by
Contributor

Message 451 of 640

Blacksburg Virginia

Posted by
Contributor

Message 452 of 640
So FS2 is starting the roll out. Thank you for the info. That's good news.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 453 of 640

com100 wrote:
I'm in south NJ the highest number is 1998 xfinity tv help and support. I see all this other areas getting bein sports HD but nothing over here yet.

Apologies. There seems to be an error with our internal channel lineup tool, let me see what I can find out. Thanks for you patience.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 454 of 640

Ozam wrote:

ComcastTeds:

Thank you for the reply.  It is good to know that Comcast monitors its own forums.  As I stated, I am a prospective customer and do not have the service yet!   What package would someone need to have access to channel 3034 (it doesn't show up on the Comcast website listings) as I plan to call some friends and have them check it out!

Apologies. There seems to be an error with our internal channel lineup tool, let me see what I can find out. Thanks for you patience.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 455 of 640

borgarelli1408 wrote:

There is no channel 3034.... I guess this is one of the usual unfunded answer...

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 456 of 640

Could someone explain to me why this channel (726 beIN) is broadcast in HD on Verizon but not on Comcast? You are making me pay top dollar per month and do not give me an HD channel in the resolution I should be able to watch it in. During viewing the channel will actually scroll "brought to you in HD". Really? They must mean as long as your not a Comcast customer. How are you DE-HDing an HD channel and why? I should not have to look for new providers due to these types of shannanigans. Please explain yourselves. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 457 of 640
Hello Ted could you please post any updates on Bein HD sports. World cup cualifying matches are coming soon. I really can't believe we don't have this channel in HD by now. Thanks.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 458 of 640

com100 wrote:
Hello Ted could you please post any updates on Bein HD sports. World cup cualifying matches are coming soon. I really can't believe we don't have this channel in HD by now. Thanks.

Apologies. We don't have any additional news to announce about availability of these channels in HD in additional areas.

beIN Sports (Spanish) is currently available on channel 583 and beIN Sports (English) is available on channel 726 in your area.

You can also watch beIN Sports live coverage online at the link below:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch-live-tv?cid=customer

or via the Xfinity TV GO app, details here:  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/apps?cid=customer

The live steams of beIN do look very good on a tablet via the app and also online.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 459 of 640
Okay thank you I have to keep an eye for HD.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 460 of 640

simply inexcusable......the fact that Comcast does not have BeIN Sport or FS2 in HD is nonsensical.  We may never know the true reason but the odds of ever seeing this change is slim.

That Comcast would recommond you watch online is laughable.  Here's a better answer.....Switch provider to Sony Vue, etc!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 461 of 640
You are right agree 100%. We been very patient for almost 4 years since Bein came in the air. In my area own tv was added in HD back in December. If they would use common sense they should have added a channel in HD that have higher ratings first. I don't believe OWN tv or univision deportes that they provided in HD last year have higher ratings than bein sports + many games on univision deportes are also on unimas tv or univison which are in HD every where I believe. But there is no doubt in my mind that bein HD will be on comcast eventully. I have notice one thing about comcast that it takes awhile for them to add new channels or new HD. But I'm really suprised that west coast areas got bein espaniol HD last year. Why here in east so late. That just doesn't make sense.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 462 of 640
Or just completely drop Comcast and actually be able to watch the HD channels you want to watch.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 463 of 640

com100 wrote:
If they would use common sense they should have added a channel in HD that have higher ratings first. I don't believe OWN tv or univision deportes that they provided in HD last year have higher ratings than bein sports + many games on univision deportes are also on unimas tv or univison which are in HD every where I believe. 

Here is a link to the the list of 2015 most watched TV networks: http://www.tvinsider.com/article/62572/most-watched-tv-networks-2015/

OWN was ranked #41, Univision deportes was ranked #79 and beIN Sports USA was at #113 (Total viewers; 12/29/14-11/30/15)

In viewers aged 18-49 from 12/29/14-11/30/15, OWN is #39

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 464 of 640
Thank You for the post interesting. I saw the ratings. But Barcelona vs Real Madrid elclasico ratings are huge. And they going to play again next month. http://adsales.beinsports.tv/press/more-than-2-million-soccer-fans-watched-el-clasico-on-bein-sports...
Posted by
Contributor

Message 465 of 640
Some big soccer players are shown there and if the channel is in HD more people would probably watch it more.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 466 of 640

This means that your company probably don't care much and it will take forever to have Bein in HD. About your suggestion watching Bein on line, it is true that the quality is much better  (it is not difficult...) but it is also true that other providers give you the ability to connect with Bein Connect and this will let you to watch the game you are interested even if it is not broadcasted live. Finally, if I pay a lot of money to watch TV I want to be able to watch TV, otherwise I will not subscribe. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 467 of 640

Look, I'd like to be able to watch beinSports in HD, y'know, on my TV.  Which, I could do, if you would unlock whatever the block is that prevents streaming the xfinity app for beinSports on my TV.  For example, Sunday Ticket for the NFL doesn't prevent that.  Neither do plenty of other "TV" apps -- I know CBS's works as well.  It's infuriating that the HD channel isn't in the regular TV lineup literally years after getting the channel, but why are you blocking allowing the app from streaming from my iPad via HDMI cable on my tv.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 468 of 640

So, I had to watch MotoGP this past weekend in Spanish if I wanted to watch in HD...???  Why is this happening?  The English BEIN sports channel here in Sacramento is in SD while the HD channel is in Spanish.  C'mon Comcast/Xfinity...this is ridiculous.  As a triple play customer I can tell you right now if this is not corrected by the time my contract is up, I will be switching to a different service.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 469 of 640

Add me to the list requesting HD.  BeIN has all the motorcycle racing now and SD stinks.

Atlanta area - need HD!!

Posted by
Administrator

Message 470 of 640

Hi verizonhasHD -- We do not carry beIN Sports in HD in your area. We do have beIN Sports in HD available in certain areas and are continually working on having this added to all remaining areas. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 471 of 640
That's nice to hear. Do have any update when Bein is going in HD in NJ. The demend is increasing for this channel because big soccer games will be there including Guetemala vs Usa for world cup cualifying 2018 this Friday.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 472 of 640

Don't have any word yet on when this will be added. We've seen the demand so it's certainly something we're working towards. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 473 of 640

Thankfully we now have Beinsport in HD here in the Seattle area on channel 723.  Unfortunately the Comcast programming doesnt coincide with the schedule posted on the Beinsport web page. Events like MotoGp, World Super Bike and USA Men's soccer, listed as being shown live on the Beinsport web page, are either shown later in the week taped delayed or not shown at all (as was the case for the USA vs Guatemala World Cup qualifer last night).  The only way to find these events is to scroll thru the on screen menu and hope to stumble across them.  Hey Comcast - there must be a better way.  Why aren't the Moto GP, World SuperBike and USA Men's soccer being shown live here in the Seattle area?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 474 of 640
Can I submit a request to have BEIN sports in HD in the Chicago area. I switched over from dish who did have this channel in HD and now with Comcast/xfinity I have went back in time and can only watch this in SD. If does not change shortly I will be forced to go back to dish
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 475 of 640

Okay, after my last post I did some more research into the Beinsports channel. It's not a Comcast issue. My apologies. It appears that they offer 7 different channels of programming under the Beinsports name: Beinsports, Beinsports Spanish Language, and then Beinsports 2,3,4,5 and 6. Here in Seattle we get the the Spanish language version on channel 723 in HD. Check your local listings as programming will vary depending on what version of Beinsports you have.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 476 of 640

Beinsports programming by channel can be found here: http://www.beinsports.com/us/tv-guide

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 477 of 640

I'd start making plans to go back to Dish, you can see by going through this thread and others, Comcast doesnt care what we want. 

They have a monopoly of broadband service in my area or I woud make the switch too..

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 478 of 640
Already made the switch and feels good to be done with Comcast, which couldn't care less about what it's customers want. I still read these posts beIN and FS2 for a laugh. It's never gonna happen people.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 479 of 640

Hi Paulnowo -- A request has been placed for that channel. It is available in Spanish HD in your area so that may help get it in English as well. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 480 of 640

NinerJonny wrote:

So, I had to watch MotoGP this past weekend in Spanish if I wanted to watch in HD...???  Why is this happening?  The English BEIN sports channel here in Sacramento is in SD while the HD channel is in Spanish.  C'mon Comcast/Xfinity...this is ridiculous.  As a triple play customer I can tell you right now if this is not corrected by the time my contract is up, I will be switching to a different service.

BeIN Sports often offers an English-language audio option via the SAP (Secondary Audio Program) on their Spanish-language channel.  

To change the language, select the channel you want to change the language, then press the Menu button on the silver Comcast remote control. Go to Setup and then Audio Setup and then change the audio track to English. 

For customers on our X1 platform, this link below may assist. http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-audio-output/

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 481 of 640

uga861 wrote:

Add me to the list requesting HD.  BeIN has all the motorcycle racing now and SD stinks.

Atlanta area - need HD!!

In your area, you should have access to channel 603 which is beIN Sports (Spanish) in HDTV. 

BeIN Sports often offers an English-language audio option via the SAP (Secondary Audio Program) on their Spanish-language channel.

To change the language, select the channel you want to change the language, then press the Menu button on the silver Comcast remote control. Go to Setup and then Audio Setup and then change the audio track to English.

For customers on our X1 platform, this link below may assist. http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-audio-output/

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 482 of 640
To: ComcastZach

Any reason Comcast isn't yet providing beINSports HD in English in the San Francisco Bay Area? I believe the majority of the people in the United States speak English. Why is it not provided in English?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 483 of 640
To ComcastTeds

Same question. Is there any reason Comcast is not yet providing beINSports HD in English in the San Franciaco Bay Area? I believe the majority of people in the United States speak English. Why is it not provided in English?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 484 of 640

TeeLaBee wrote:
To ComcastTeds

Same question. Is there any reason Comcast is not yet providing beINSports HD in English in the San Franciaco Bay Area? I believe the majority of people in the United States speak English. Why is it not provided in English?

In your area, beIN Sports (English) is offered on channel 429. beIN Sports (Spanish) is offered on channel 651 and in also available in HD on channel 677. 

As mentioned above, beIN Sports often offers an English-language audio option via the SAP (Secondary Audio Program) on their Spanish-language channel. To change the language, select the channel you want to change the language, then press the Menu button on the silver Comcast remote control. Go to Setup and then Audio Setup and then change the audio track to English.

For customers on our X1 platform, this link below may assist. http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-audio-output/

beIN Sports initially wanted wider distribution of their Spanish-language channel, so that is how they chose to initially use their channel allotment.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. There are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could that bandwidth/channel space be used for) when adding new channels, even if an HD addition of an existing SD channel.   

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. Thanks for your feedback.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 485 of 640

All wonderful on the language selection.  None of which helps any of us in DC, one of the largest soccer markets in the US, which still doesn't have an beIN channel in HD.  Frankly, it could be in Latvian and I'd rather watch it in HD then in English in unviewable 480i fuzz-o-vision.  Whenever I move out of my apartment, it will be on to DirectTV.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 486 of 640

Well, I would think "customer demand" for English HD is going to be HUGE very shortly when everyone figures out they can't watch MotoGP, WSBK and Soccer in HD english...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 487 of 640

I enjoy the Xfinity X1 platform, and have patiently waiting for BeInSport to be available in HD for nearly 4 years.

I get it, Comcast owns NBC Sports, and heavily push the EPL.  Please do know that 2 of the biggest teams of the biggest sport on Earth plain in Spain's La Liga.  There's also Serie A, Bundesliga, and high level national matches.

I want, need this channel in HD.  It's almost silly to think in 2016 we are pleading for sports channels in HD.  AT&T and Direct TV both have it in my area.  I like X1, but 4 years waiting with no real prospects of adding this channel in HD, has me shopping around.  Please provide update.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 488 of 640
To: ComcastTeds

With all due respect, your response to me is verbatim to your response to a similar question a number of months ago. I am fortunate in that the HD soccer programming on the Spanish HD channel is in English. My hope was to watch the English programming, such as The Locker Room with Ray Hudson and his cohorts, in English HD. I guess I need to be patient for maybe another year, or more. Sheesh!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 489 of 640

How long do we have to wait till we get BeIN in HD??? everyone else have it come one comcast. Now it's a good time to drop Xfinity tv and go with Roku or PS Vue.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 490 of 640

TeeLaBee wrote:
To: ComcastTeds

With all due respect, your response to me is verbatim to your response to a similar question a number of months ago. I am fortunate in that the HD soccer programming on the Spanish HD channel is in English. My hope was to watch the English programming, such as The Locker Room with Ray Hudson and his cohorts, in English HD. I guess I need to be patient for maybe another year, or more. Sheesh!

Apologies. The situation hasn't changed in your area so the answer is unfortunately the same.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 491 of 640

Hey Comcast - I'm watching the MotoGp race here in Seattle on channel 723.  Great HD picture but the commentary is in Spanish?!  Yes - I've tried to activate the SAP option mentioned several times by Comcast in this thread but it doesn't work.  Why no English commentary?!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 492 of 640

ComcastTeds wrote:

beIN Sports initially wanted wider distribution of their Spanish-language channel, so that is how they chose to initially use their channel allotment.

By what you're saying, their channel allotment appears to be two channels of SD content and one channel of HD content. And, beIN chose to put the Spanish-language channel on HD for better distribution. Is this a fair interpretation, and, if not, please clarify.

None of this addresses the issue of not being able to get beIN Connect.

And, why would Comcast/Xfinity make a deal with a content provider (2 SD and 1HD channels) that would make Xfinity/Comcast look like a such a terrible cable provider? 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 493 of 640

So I just finished watching the Moto Gp race here in Seattle on channel 723 - the SAP function was not working so I watched the race with Spanish commentary.  The next race is Moto2, from the same race track, on the same day and the broadcast on channel 723 is in English!?  What's up Comcast?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 494 of 640
NEWS FLASH: Comcast does not care what you think and what you want. As long as you keep giving them your money, they will never care. They have no reason to care.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 495 of 640

Almost 2 years ago, I received an email from BeIN Sports regarding Comcast. The email stated that BeIN Sports' fee is one set fee, because BeIN only offers itself as an HD channel, it is the cable company that decides where to place a channel. The sad thing is that we pay extra to have the "special" HD boxes & we also pay extra for a Sports Package to have BeIN. 

What Comcast should do is to place BeIN Sports & BeIN Sports en Espanol in HD in the 1600's with Outdoor Channel HD, Sportsman Channel HD & Univision HD. Hopefully Comcast will fix this issue soon, this has gone on long enough.

Thanks for Reading!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 496 of 640
I guess is a good thing I'm living on this Comcast-exclusive building for only 5 months. I just moved from NYC, where I thought time warner had a bad reputation. At least there I did not have to pay $10 extra for HD channels (they all were!) and I cannot understand how you offer top sports channels as the bein sports line up on HD in the Boston are. I'm pretty sure they like to watch golf and football here, but it just makes you look as such a poor provider. It's 2016!!! absolutely lost a costumer here
Posted by
Visitor

Message 497 of 640
Hello - It is very frustrating that Comcast offers so few channels in HD. In particular, you do not offer BeIn sports in HD. It is only available in Standard. This channel shows International Soccer, MotoGP motorcycle racing, WSK motorcycle racing, and a number of other great sports. These sports do not look good in standard definition. They need to be in HD to get the full experience. Will you be adding this channel in HD soon? Thanks for your time.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 498 of 640

Still not in HD? Really?! Now Moto GP is on and only in SD. This remains unacceptable!

Posted by
Administrator

Message 499 of 640

Hello All -- We do offer BEIN Sports in HD in some areas. We are continuing to evaluate expansion of this channel to all other areas. We appreciate your patience while we do this. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 500 of 640

Yeah, I know.  I live in Washington DC, which is usually viewed among the top 3 viewing markets for soccer in the US.  We.  Still.  Don't.  Have.  Any.  BeIN Channel.  in HD.  So great job, Comcast "evaluating".  Love the HD home shopping channel though.  Glad I'm paying for that.