members

online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 621 (62,910 Views)

BEIN Sport in HD

PLEASE -BEIN sport channel is impossible to see-poor quality and small picture-this is a channel included in the Sports Entertainment package and broadcasts the Spanish and Italian leagues-Comcast really needs to get HD.

620 REPLIES
Posted by
Edited on
‎05-04-2013 05:31 PM

Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 621 (39,790 Views)

Bein Sports shows in SD not HD

[ Edited ]

I was very excited to get Bein sports but then I was terribly disapointed to get the signal in what seems SD (720p ) rather than HD ( 1080i ). When I see the channel it looks like 1/3 the size of the HD channels.

Even more disapointed was the fact that i talked to support and they claimed that the signal was not HD because the cameras did not record those games that way!!! Very unimpressed by the limited understanding from the support people. The worst part is that we pay for HD to be limited by comcast to show only a degredated signal of one of the few channels I watch.

How do I get this resolved?

Does anyone else have this problem? the Bein sports channel in Seattle is at channel 785.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 621 (39,713 Views)

Re: Bein Sports shows in SD not HD

720p is in fact HD. Most HD channels are streamed at either 720p or 1080i, but both of those formats are HD formats. There's not much difference between 720p and 1080i as far as quality--certainly not to the degree you are describing. Now, if you are seeing it at 480i (or even 480p), that would in fact be SD and that would be fairly different from HD in terms of quality.

As far as HD programming, your cable box might be able to upconvert the signal to something that it and your TV supports, like perhaps even 1080p.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 621 (54,602 Views)

Need BeIn sports in HD!

The new season of football (soccer) is about to start comcast and we (the customers) still don't have BeIn sports in spanish or english in HD! What gives? Also probably the best league in soccer now is the German league and for some reason you took GolTV out of our channel lineup. Please bring that too in HD. Direct TV has it without any problems. I give your company about 2,000 - 3,000 dollars a year but I am thinking of other alternatives if this ain't resolved soon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 621 (54,518 Views)

Re: Need BeIn sports in HD!

Comcast dropped Gol Tv?!! Wow, if Bein Hd isn't added this fall I'm going to switch to a more soccer friendly service...
Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 621 (54,445 Views)

Please get BeIN HD on Comcast.  I want to change to DirecTV in any manner and this just makes me more likely to do so.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 621 (54,452 Views)

BeIN HD

When will Comcast get BeIN Sports in HD???

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 7 of 621 (54,339 Views)

We will continually offer the best and most video choices.

We’re working hard to bring more choices to our customers instantaneously by using the full power of our advanced network and decades of television experience. We will use On Demand to bring you dramatically more content choices, including more movies, more sports, more kids programs, more network TV shows and more HD than anyone else.

When will Comcast add BeIn Sport HD? And when will they add BeIn Sport Play? Please fulfill your promises to your costumers!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 9 of 621 (53,286 Views)

Re: BEIN Sport in HD

Put me down as requesting BEiN  Sport in HD!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 10 of 621 (54,195 Views)

Comcast -- please add BeIN HD! BeIN SD looks horrible :-( 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 621 (55,823 Views)

Please add BEIN HD and BEIN Sport Play online access soon or I will be switching to dircect tv! It's ridiculous that a provider of Comcasts size does not carry the channel in HD.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 12 of 621 (53,239 Views)

Soccer in SD is not interesting - better than nothing. Wish we get it in HD to get awesome experience.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 13 of 621 (53,837 Views)

GIMME BEIN IN HD! says clearly in BeIn's site that they don't charge Comcast any more for the HD content so why don't they offer it!?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 621 (53,530 Views)

ATT Uverse just added BeIn in HD. In
Thinking of going back. Please add this channel in HD.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 15 of 621 (53,097 Views)

The quality of World Cup soccer on BEIN Sport is terrible. I don't get it! The worlds most popular sport and you can't show it in hd?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 621 (53,429 Views)

This is really dissapointing. I switched to Comcast/Xfinity from Verizon to get this channel and its not in HD. Now I see that Verizon does offer it in HD and they still carry Goltv as well as th NBCSN package that has the Premire League. According to the bein website, they do not charge extra to provide the HD channel. Since I do not have a contract w/ Comcast I will be shopping around for a carrier that has this station and the others. Hello? Is there anyone from Comcast that reads these posts and realizes that they will loose customers?!? You have just last April spent a good deal of money wiring my house and setting up my account. Now you loose it due to your laziness to add the HD channel-at no cost to you. Very bad buisness and cutomer relations. 

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-09-2013 04:54 AM

Contributor

Message 17 of 621 (53,407 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you have BeIN in SD in your package, you can watch BeIN online in HD.  It's not as good as having it as a cable channel, but it's better than nothing.  FYI, this is also true for BTN (and you can get all the football games in HD, including the ones that aren't televised live in your area on cable).

Posted by
Contributor

Message 18 of 621 (53,385 Views)

What you are talking about is a patch...not a solution. Bein play online is still not available. Why??? It is FREE to comcast!!! Same thing for HD...FREE...for both channels (Free=$0 for comcast to provide=really SUPER cheap).

That s the best part. I start thinking they really hate their customers.  It has to be clear. Comcast wants their customers to be unhappy...it has to be the only reason

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 621 (53,278 Views)

Today Cancelled my comcast cable, internet and phone and will also for my business and swiched to att uversre sonce they added bein hd both in english and spanish. Was a comcast customer for over 10 years.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 20 of 621 (53,034 Views)

Asked Comcast why we could not have BEIN in HD just yesterday only to be told it is not offered in HD....yet...it shows it "right on the screen" top right hand cornet of their broadcasts. It definitely is a fun channel and needs to be shown to us in HD. Just as Comcast is stalling on their promise for Fox Sports 2, I think doing same here. Customers deserve better....and some REAL answers.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 21 of 621 (53,004 Views)

With all of the great soccer being played now and the upcoming World Cup, PLEASE SHOW BEIN SPORT IN HD! I just checked on DirectTV and they show it in HD. Why can't Comcast?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 621 (52,986 Views)

I just switched from DirecTV to comcast and noticed that BeIN is not in HD. DirecTV had all soccer channels in HD. Quality of the picture is way too poor. Seems like I've done a mistake. I might just switch back to DirecTV.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 621 (52,971 Views)

Good news, here in Florida at least, U verse is offering BEIN in HD, if xfinity doesnt follow this by the end of September i am switching to uverse.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 621 (52,940 Views)

U-verse has it. Directv has it. Why not Comcast? It's time for you guys to broadcast BEIN Sport in HD. It's hard to watch soccer in SD or any other sport for that matter...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 25 of 621 (52,926 Views)

Here's another vote for beIN and beIN espanol on HD. Please, Comcast. Sports in HD is a MUST, and we pay extra for these channels via the sports pack.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 26 of 621 (52,782 Views)

Let's keep this post popping up. We need more folks asking for this. AS of today 10/1 - they are charging an extra 4.99 for the sports package which includes SD BEINSport but no HD - that's awful and a not a good value at all. Worse yet if you try and use BEIN Sport's new on-line viewing system they DON'T allow you to have it as an Xfinity Customer! That is a double whammy which stinks!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 27 of 621 (52,705 Views)

AS of today 10/16 - they are charging an extra 4.99 for the sports package which includes SD BEINSport but no HD - that's awful and a not a good value at all. Worse yet if you try and use BEIN Sport's new on-line viewing system they DON'T allow you to have it as an Xfinity Customer! That is a double whammy which stinks!

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 28 of 621 (39,057 Views)

BeIN HD is not actually HD. Its donscaled to 480p by Comcast. My cable box lets me know if its HD and this chanel is not HD. Comcast needs to move it to a HD slot from 726.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 29 of 621 (52,385 Views)

Still no BEiNSPORT in HD  Woman Sad

I thought Comcast was listing to its customers????? NOT!!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 30 of 621 (52,326 Views)

Comcast add foxsports 2, beinsportplay streaming and you'll increase your profits. So many more people would sign up for the sports and entertainment package. Come on do not just take our money, give us what we want
Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 621 (52,298 Views)

Re: BEIN Sport in HD COMCAST ONLY PROVIDER THAT DOESNT OFFER IT?

I LIVE IN FLORIDA, THE BRAZIL SOCCER WORLD CUP 2014 IS COMING, COMCAST STILL DONT HAVE BEIN SPORT HD,

SOMEONE KNOWS IF THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE IT SOON? 

IT SUCKS TO WATCH LA LIGA AND EL CALCIO AND OTHER SOCCER LEAGUES WHEN YOU DONT HAVE HD NO HD NO HD NO HD NO HD 

ALL SOCCER FANS PLEASE CHANGE TO DIRECT TV IF WE DONT GET BEIN SPORT HD SOON!!!

WHO WANT TO WATCH WORLD CUP IN 240P????

Posted by
Visitor

Message 32 of 621 (52,300 Views)

I LIVE IN FLORIDA, THE BRAZIL SOCCER WORLD CUP 2014 IS COMING, COMCAST STILL DONT HAVE BEIN SPORT HD,

SOMEONE KNOWS IF THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE IT SOON? 

IT SUCKS TO WATCH LA LIGA AND EL CALCIO AND OTHER SOCCER LEAGUES WHEN YOU DONT HAVE HD NO HD NO HD NO HD NO HD 

ALL SOCCER FANS PLEASE CHANGE TO DIRECT TV IF WE DONT GET BEIN SPORT HD SOON!!!

WHO WANT TO WATCH WORLD CUP IN 240P????

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 33 of 621 (52,266 Views)

I want my bein in HD.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 34 of 621 (38,875 Views)

Yeah, this sucks. We don't get it in HD in Boston either.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 35 of 621 (52,003 Views)

Can someone comment on when it will be offered? It looks awful in SD. Unacceptable.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 621 (51,943 Views)

The only reason because I switched to Xfinity last year from Uverse, was Bein Sports, now they have it and in HD also!. We need this channel in HD...or maybe is time to consider going back to Uverse.

Posted by
Edited on
‎05-11-2014 02:35 AM

Visitor

Message 37 of 621 (51,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
I made the jump from Direct TV because of it not being reliable with the signal. So I made the jump to you guys. I have the triple bundle with all of the channels that you guys provide in my area. I am in Houston, TX and watching Bien Sport in SD has been very disappointing. I moved to you guys and not AT&T because you guys offered it. I might just make the jump to U-Verse instead. If I have to watch the World Cup 2014 in SD I will be leaving for definite.
Posted by
Edited on
‎05-14-2014 12:30 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 38 of 621 (51,516 Views)

[ Edited ]

Why does Comcast only offer the SD feed of BEING Sport , but stream the HD feed online?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 621 (51,475 Views)

The World Cup is on ESPN. That's in HD.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 621 (50,987 Views)

Just added the sport package and saw all these comments, I have been a loyal customer for the last 4 years with Triple play and multiple TVs at home however ATT knocks at my door every week-end, next one could be the one where I do the switch, it seems that we will never get the BeIN sports in HD with comcast.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 41 of 621 (38,609 Views)

Bein Sport still missing HD

The other thread, while being marked as "solved", is quite very clearly NOT solved. Those of us that love soccer are still getting the sharp stick in the eye treatment here.

We are having to pay an additional fee to even access the network and are forced to squint to see what's going on. This is absolutely unacceptable.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 42 of 621 (38,529 Views)

Yeah this is pretty bad. Bein "HD" is not only not in HD, but the channel turns my 55'' TV into a 32'' TV by placing a black border on the sides AND the top and bottom. What is going on with this channel?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 43 of 621 (38,479 Views)

Re: Bein Sport still missing HD

I guess no one at comcast is paying attention or cares how much this angers soccer fans.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 44 of 621 (38,479 Views)

If they aren't going to give us actual hd then we shouldn't have to pay extra on top of the already outrageous monthly fees.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 621 (50,761 Views)

Just switched to Xfinity yesterday. One of the main reasons was to get BEIN Sports channel to watch La Liga soccer... VERY DISAPPOINTED that while it says "BEIN Sports HD" on the channel, it is an awful looking SD feed.

Please tell me this will be changing to HD soon?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 46 of 621 (50,754 Views)

The beIN Sports channnel is available via live streaming at xfinitytv.com and it streams in HD.  All you need is an HDMI cable to connect your laptop, tablet, iPAD, etc to your TV and you have the channels in HD.  Not ideal but an easy work around.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 47 of 621 (50,739 Views)

Re: BEIN Sport in HDe

Sorry. It doesn't look like this will be changing. Look how far back there have been requests and comments about this issue on this forum. I have contacted XFINIT/Comcast in several different ways. Representatives in the company say they are unable to support this. I was even told that it wasn't available in HD while I was watching the screen showing the initials HD on the BeIn match I was watching in SD!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 48 of 621 (50,568 Views)

It seems almost every other cable company or satellite provider is showing BeIN in HD. It's hard to understand why the biggest cable provider can't or won't follow suit.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 49 of 621 (50,573 Views)

I just received an email response from Comcast corporate saying that BeIN in HD isn't on their present agenda and that we were basically stuck until at least August 2015. I wonder what it takes to get their attention that this is a big issue for we soccer fans.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 50 of 621 (50,534 Views)

I would recommend that everyone who cares to write a reply in this thread every time they look at it.  Like every post that agrees here and every time you can find the time call in and complain.  Volume Volume, volume it may not help now but it is the only way they will know you want change.  and also complain about the on demand stuff they do with the EPL.