Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 601 of 647

No, according to the Bein website they do not charge providers extra for the HD stream. Comcast simply doesn't want to allocate the channel space for it for some reason. They'd rather have HD shopping networks.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 602 of 647

Been saying the same thing for years.  God forbid people go outside and by that stuff locally.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 603 of 647

We don't have that as an option here in Tallahassee.  We have a downscaled 480p while the corner of the screen says 480p.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 604 of 647

I finally can see BEIN sports in HD. Just not through comcast. Thank you S1ing tv

Highlighted
Posted by
New Poster

Message 605 of 647
I contacted Bein sports directly and this is what they said. They send the signal to Comcast in FULL HD but comcast is only interested in you watching the premier if you want to watch soccer in 1080p. Everyone must call comcast and demand the channel in HD. The below is the mail from Bein sports

We produce everything in full HD but it depends on the service provider to offer it to their subscribers or not. For example where I live DirecTV and Dish offer both channels on HD, Comcast offers the Spanish channel on HD and the English on SD and it varies by markets. 

Try contacting your provider and enquiring about their plans to offer the channel on HD

beIN SPORTS
Programming Team
RAFAEL.TORRES@beinsports.net
Posted by
New Poster

Message 606 of 647

So it's October 31, 2016 and i just signed up for comcast tv service.  I just realized that comcast has BeIn Sports but not in HD.  Its only HD in Spanish channel, which I understand and speak.  I prefer the English Commentary for the FC Barcelona Games.  Is there a package that includes BeIn English in HD?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 607 of 647
I hope comcast adds bein sports HD english and espaniol in NJ, hopefully this year since they are moving channels to mpeg4 I think they would want to add more HD channels.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 608 of 647

I had Directv for 4 years, and enjoyed Bein Sport channels in English, Before I switch to comcast I asked about the channel because it is a deal breaker for me, they told me they had it, I assumed it was in HD, Now a day we can't watch anything that is not HD. I have 2 years contract and I am concidering going back to Directv or dish or whatever, because it is the channel I mostly watch. Shame on comcast.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 609 of 647

Solo1625 wrote:

So it's October 31, 2016 and i just signed up for comcast tv service.  I just realized that comcast has BeIn Sports but not in HD.  Its only HD in Spanish channel, which I understand and speak.  I prefer the English Commentary for the FC Barcelona Games.  Is there a package that includes BeIn English in HD?

In your area, beIN Sports (Spanish) is available on channel 594 and in HD on channel 334. beIN Sports (English) is available on channel 400. We don't currently offer the HD version of the English-language version of this channel in your area  

In most all cases, switching to the SAP feed (Secondary Audio Programming) will change the language to English for live soccer matches on the Spanish language version of this channel.

If you have a DTA, and your remote control has a LANG button on it, press it.

- If you have an HD or SD full cable box:

Press the Menu button twice on the Comcast Universal Remote Control. A new screen below will appear, with the top-left option automatically selected.
Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Setup and press OK/Select (the center key on the remote control in the middle of the 4 arrow/directional buttons).

Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Audio setup and press OK/Select.

The Default Audio Track will default to the first option–Channel default–which which is always the channel’s main audio track (unless it was previously changed).

Press the right-arrow navigation key to change the audio track. Changing this selection will instantly change the audio.

1. Press once for English
2. Press twice for Spanish (Español) OR to activate Video Description (DVS)
3. Press three times for French (Français)
4. Press four times for Portuguese (Portugues).
5. Then press the Exit button (above the Volume button) to resume program viewing

Please note: These audio options can only be heard if the program provider or cable channel is providing that additional audio option.

- For customers on our X1 platform: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-audio-output/

- If the above does not help, look at the remote control for your TV set (not your cable box) to adjust the TVs language settings (sometimes labeled as MTS or SAP on the remote or via your TVs settings menu).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 610 of 647

NBH2016 wrote:

I had Directv for 4 years, and enjoyed Bein Sport channels in English, Before I switch to comcast I asked about the channel because it is a deal breaker for me, they told me they had it, I assumed it was in HD, Now a day we can't watch anything that is not HD. I have 2 years contract and I am concidering going back to Directv or dish or whatever, because it is the channel I mostly watch. Shame on comcast.

In your area, beIN Sports (Spanish) is available on channel 651 and in HD on channel 677.

beIN Sports (English) is available on channel 429. We don't currently offer the HD version of the English-language version of this channel in your area. 

The post above provides info on how to switch over the secondary audio programming to provide English-language audio on the Spanish-language channel. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 611 of 647

Is there any area on this planet you offer Bein Sport HD in English? Also, any news about Comcast eventually finding an agreement with Bein so we can stream Beinconnect for watching games that are not broadcasted on TV? Again,  all others major and minor bundle companies offer this?

Well, let me anticipate your answer..... "We are sorry, we are working with Bein sport on this. Unfortunately, we also know this is not going to happen. We are aware this is annoying you and other customers but we don't really care.... (no maybe you will no write this...). Oh by the way,  meanwhile you can enjoy streaming Bein Sports on our website (that we know is completely useless since is the same schedule is on TV). Thank you very much for being a loyal Xfinity customer".

Well my contract will last up to June then I will run back to Direct TV because I really getting tired of this

Posted by
New Poster
Message 612 of 647

Add me to the chorus of subscribers demanding BeIn English in HD. I live in the Bay Area and was flabbergasted when I switched to Comcast three weeks and learned BeIn is only offered in Standard Definition. 

Dear Comcast: BeIn is buying tons of rights to soccer and tennis, two sports that are very popular in the Bay Area. Go ahead and try watching tennis in standard definition. It's a disgrace. 

It would be one thing if BeIn was part of the standard base level subscription plan. But I have to pay a premium to get the Sports Package just to get it and you STILL don't provide it in HD? What am I paying for?

ADD IT. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 613 of 647

I'm looking forward to Barca-Real Madrid for the sixth consecutive year running in fuzz-o-vision.  It's absurd that I have to connect my computer to my TV to watch the game in HD.  Looking forward to when I move from my apartment to get satellite or a cable provider that's not totally contemptuous of soccer fans.  Also enjoy how they dumped the Premier League Extra games from on demand and so make me watch on computer for those games too.  Love going backward.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 614 of 647
THANK YOU! I followed the instructions above and now can watch Bein in HD with English audio.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 615 of 647
Just got Comcast - switch from Direct Tv after 8 years ! .. Direct tv genie could not support more than 4 tv's and I just completed my basement and I'm adding another 3 tv .It would have caused me too much to add extra boxes so I dropped Directv !Smiley Sad
I am disappointed with Comcast though with the quality of the Bein sports in English ! In Spanish is fine but English is extremely poor !!!.. not sure why this is the case as the other HD channels look great.
I hope something is done speedily to address this shortcoming!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 616 of 647

Because they don't have Bein in HD and you will discover they do not have an agreement for Beinconnect too... Welcome to the club. By the way,they do not intend to fix this at all as you can probably recognized by the fact that this discussion has been going on for a couple of years now...

Posted by
New Poster

Message 617 of 647

You can go to Settings > Language > Turn SAP on > switch language to english or spainsh and one of them will be english.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 618 of 647

Must add 2 cents...   It's hilarious seeing a channel with an HD feed being shown in SD format with black bars, like Comcast does with the beIN Sports channel.  Comcast should finally just drop all SD channels to make room for everything in true HD, come on already!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 619 of 647

Please fix this! Or Else...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 620 of 647
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 621 of 647

I can only get the Spanish version of the channel and only in SD in my area (Twin Cities, MN). Incredibly disappointed that this is the case, given that every other local provider seems to carry the English version and in HD. The excuse of "well, you can use SAP to English-language audio" doesn't change the fact that the two channels actually have different programming, and certainly doesn't make the channel not look like a potato. I may be thinking about this when my term agreement eventually comes up.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 622 of 647

I can only echo the sentiments of many on this thread.

Just switched from DirectTV after being told that, yes, Xfinity does have BEIN, just to find out it's only in SD.

And, judging by the first post in this thread, pleading with Comcast to include HD BEIN goes back 8 years!?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 623 of 647

I tried this with last weekends MotoGP race and I still only get Spanish.  I'm sure this works if there is a English track, but so far, MotoGP isn't working in that way.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 624 of 647
They finally started adding on demand shows in HD from bein sports. The picture quality looks great. This is great news. I was told by comcast employee on the phone that bein sports HD is coming this summer. I hope is true.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 625 of 647

I hope the summer rumor is true.  Im tired of watching MotoGP in SD.  I don't even get the Spanish channel in my area in HD so that's not an option.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 626 of 647
I find this thread every time I search for BEIN HD and each time I hope for an answer other than the SAP (non)solution. Just wanted to share my voice that we need BEIN in HD in English. Please!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 627 of 647

Agreed. I am tired of seeing them give us the same inane SAP option workaround, they need to stop wasting our times with that. They clearly know what we want. Please also add me to the chorus of bringing beIN Sports HD in English.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 628 of 647

I'm in San Jose Bay Area and just paid $5 monthly to try out this thing, SD in english, HD in spanish. I think the sap will work for the El Clasico on Sunday (I hope), otherwise I have to find another way of watching (paying other source and streaming to my smart TV.)

Posted by
New Poster

Message 629 of 647

We were also disappointed that BeIn is not in HD when watching on TV.  HOWEVER, there is a work-around:

Hook up a laptop to the TV, go to Xfinity.com > TV Online and stream it from the laptop, where it is in HD, to the TV. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 630 of 647

so which areas do you offer BEIN? im in the san jose CA area and im sure there is enough demand here to watch soccer games here

Posted by
Contributor

Message 631 of 647

I contacted BeIN Sports over the weekend because I didn't see this weekend's MotoGP race listed.  They told me it was being shown live on their streaming service.  I went to their site and I'm sure everyone can guess what happened.  Comcast wasn't listed as a participating provider.  Luckily I was able to catch a later replay of the race.  

Why is Comcast so slow to add services that every other provider is able to?  Last year, I tried to watch NFL Red Zone channel on line and Comcast isn't a participating provider.  Instead, Comcast offered some cheesy workaround that looked like absolute garbage on my laptop.  I heard they now allow HBO Go to be used on the Playstation but that was years after every other provider offered it.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 632 of 647

What perplexes me is that they are willing to dump major cash on a chunk of wireless airwaves for their ridiculous wireless service. They could have spent that money on expanding their infrastructure to where more channels in HD could be added like in our case of beIN Sports HD in English and amongst other channels because they fall completely short compared to DirecTV in HD availability.  They need to get it together. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 633 of 647

Almost passed out today when I was searching for the MotoAmerica Racing listings here in Northern Colorado when up popped the races on TWO BEIN channels 411 and 1227!  Could not believe it, finally HD!  .................  Until I actually switched to channel 1227 and guess what, a duplicate channel of 411 with the HD sticker in the upper right and a stretched SD picture.  Unreal, thought my luck had changed Smiley Sad

Posted by
Contributor

Message 634 of 647

This is HORRIBLE, Comcast!  Get BeIn Sports in HD to your customers.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 635 of 647

Hello, all. We’re always evaluating the content and channels we offer customers, so beIN Sports may be available in HD in the future. To submit your interest in beIN Sports in HD, please visit here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/​.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 636 of 647

Not sure why you also need a feedback form when you have a thread this deep with people requesting it, but I've filled it out.

EDIT: Seriously. There are 636 messages in this thread since 2013; I think the interest is pretty clear. Also, a reminder: beIN en Espanol has different programming from the english-language beIN. They are not interchangable channels, and you can't just use SAP options to get around that fact. Right now, beIN has tennis and beIN Espanol has Primera Division soccer; these are not the same thing, so please quit telling everyone to just change their language options.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 637 of 647

NoBrakes58 wrote:

Not sure why you also need a feedback form when you have a thread this deep with people requesting it, but I've filled it out.

EDIT: Seriously. There are 636 messages in this thread since 2013; I think the interest is pretty clear. Also, a reminder: beIN en Espanol has different programming from the english-language beIN. They are not interchangable channels, and you can't just use SAP options to get around that fact. Right now, beIN has tennis and beIN Espanol has Primera Division soccer; these are not the same thing, so please quit telling everyone to just change their language options.

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to add that the Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, programming interests and concerns to our national and local content acquisition teams. 

Also, we certainly understand that the beIN linear channels often have distinct and separate programming schedules. Apologies if that wasn't made clearer. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 638 of 647

Good morning,

I just want to echo comments from others. You are very well aware that you are "THE ONLY MAJOR TV PROVIDER" of not offering BeIn sport in HD. Not only but you are also the ONLY MAJOR TV PROVIDER who has not an agreement with BeIn sport to let your customers to access to BeIn connect. This allows us to watch events that are not on BeIn sport or the spanish channel. It is clear that you dont' really care since this is going on for years now....

regards

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 639 of 647

Since BEIN is not offered in HD-English on Comcast, I decided to try out Sling TV's World Sports International package. Quality wise, this is somewhere between HD and SD. At US$10 per month, this is the same price as Comcast's Sports package. This is a stand-alone package, so I didn't subscribe to the standard Sling TV package(s).

Posted by
New Poster

Message 640 of 647
I have called about 10 times in the past 2 years to try and get them to have Hd Bein sports with no results im about to switch companies this is agrevating
Posted by
New Poster

Message 641 of 647

This is what I got from Bein Sports,

Hi Jose,

We produce everything in full HD but it depends on the service provider to offer it to their subscribers or not. For example where I live DirecTV and Dish offer both channels on HD, Comcast offers the Spanish channel on HD and the English on SD and it varies by markets.

Try contacting your provider and enquiring about their plans to offer the channel on HD.

Best regards and Happy Holidays!

beIN SPORTS
Programming Team

Sent from my iPhone
Posted by
Contributor

Message 642 of 647

Why conitnue to bother?  They obviously don't care about providing you a service you're paying for and downscale the HD signal the channel comes in to SD.  .Cable companies are dying but then they pay millions to do market research instead of just listening to their customers.  I switched to UVERSE and I get to watch Bein in HD in Spanish and English AND I pay less monthly than with Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 643 of 647
I have just switched from at,t to comcast and allready im thinking of changing back. No hd bein sports,no mavtv this is a joke thats all i used to watch i really regret switching but it was only 7 days ago so im thinking i will cancell.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 644 of 647

For some areas, it's been three or four years now. Isn't that a long enough evaluation time to figure out if a channel is going to be needed in HD? I mean, I now have another 900 available channels on my box from 1000 to goodness knows what, surely one of them can be for beIN HD?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 645 of 647

Hello COMCAST - - are you listening?????? - Your competitors are presenting BEIN Sports in HD.

Do we have to go back to them for you to hear us??. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 646 of 647

As a tennis fan, I'm new to this issue. I sympathize with soccer fans who have been frustrated for years with no action. I am very hopeful that the rumors are true for Bein English in HD this summer so I can watch WTA Tennis in HD once again.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 647 of 647