online now

discussions

BEIN Sport in HD

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: BEIN Sport in HD

Official Employee

I would recommend calling in to comcast and requesting a Channel Change/request. We at comcast can take your ticket and que it in to a department that takes channel change request. If there are enough request we will put it through.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product; Support; Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Yeah, that's not gonna make any difference...
Frequent Visitor

I recently got off the phone with Comcast and they said the same thing about logging onto Comcast's "contact us" web plate and requesting the change to add beINSports in HD English. If you believe them, they say they review those numbers and make the decision to make channel changes based on the interest. Though this forum has had great interest, perhaps not to the numbers requesting a change on Comcast's site causing Comcast to make a channel change.

The person I talked to said that there was a petition through change.org requesting the beINSports HD English channel addition. He said they received 156 individual requests. He also said Comcast required 200 to look into the channel change, if you can believe what I was told.

Perhaps ComcastTeds can lend creedance to what I was told.
Official Employee

How ironic, that person that you contacted about that issue TeeLaBee was Me Smiley Happy Ben

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product; Support; Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I would recommend all customers stay and continue posting on this thread rather than going to the new one that was posted earlier. 

It really drives the point home, that customers have been asking for a service for this long with no resolution. 

Frequent Visitor

With all due respect....

Adding a channel based on a change.org petition is just silly.  This isn't 1950 any longer where we all sit around our tube TV's squinting our eyes at the wavy picture.  When stations are available in HD, they need to be offered in HD.

As many others, if I had a choice I'd drop Comcast in a second because of these anti-technology business practices.

HD *is* the standard and should always be offered.

Is Comcast just trying to wait out the market until UHD is standard?  Charge a UHD fee, and then offer everything else in "standard" HD for "free".

Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

<SNIP> 

You can also watch beIN Sports live coverage online at the link below:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch-live-tv?cid=customer

or via the Xfinity TV GO app, details here:  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/apps?cid=customer

The live steams of beIN do look very good on a tablet via the app and also online.  

Wow. Really? In no way do I wish to be rude, but you've got to be kidding me. We pay nearly $200 PER MONTH to get our Comcast "package" of Internet, voice and TV. The great majority of the cost is in the TV portion. The suggestion or implication that anyone would or should be satisfied with a tablet or computer display when we are paying to get a signal to our television is, frankly, preposterous and somewhat insulting. I appreciate that ComcastTeds is monitoring this forum (on the occasion that he is willing and able to give informative responses to folks), but one must be aware of one's audience. For whatever reason that Comcast and beIN's deal doesn't get people the English-language version on beIN in HD, beIN ñ ought to be available to EVERYONE in HD. They could, at least, watch the match in English (given that they're aware of the SAP feature), even if the rest of the broadcast is in Spanish.

If there were competition for Comcast in our area, I would leave in a heartbeat.  It took 3 years for Comcast to bring beIN ñ to our area in HD. Ridiculous. With the number of Spanish-speaking people in our community, that's a travesty (in a business-marketing sense). I'm STILL mad as heck about it. 

New Poster

Ditto. It's very frustrating and frankly inexcusable that this channel isn't offered in HD. What is preventing Comcast from streaming it in HD? Does Comcast really stand to gain anything from this? It's 2016, this shouldn't be an issue
New Poster

beIN Sports Connect

My cable beIN sports reception and definition is great.

However, the many sports events I want to watch are not shown on the cable channel but are available on beIN Sports Connect (https://beinsportsconnect.tv/index.html). Unfortunately Comcast/Xfinity subscribers do not enjoy access to beIN Sports Connect in Denver, Colorado.

Please consider adding Comcast/Infinity access to my account.

New Poster

Re: beIN Sports Connect

bein connect is not available to comcast users anywhere... how do you get hd reception?

Service Expert
Moved:

Post removed because it violated Forum Guidelines.

New Poster

I'm not sure I get HD but the beIN picture is full screen and the definition is as good as other channels that are HD (or supposed to be HD).  I only watch one sport on beIN that originates in Europe.

Other low number channels I watch on Comcast are not full screen.

New Poster

BEIN in HD

Please help change the BeIN sports from SD to HD, it is provided for free from the BeIN as per their website.

Thanks

Contributor

Add me to the list of people who want to see this channel in HD.  It's disappointing to have to watch MotoGP in SD.  It's crazy that this has been going on for 3 years and Comcast hasn't added it in HD.  

Problem Solver

Hello spdGT,

I understand you would like to request to have the beIN Sports HD channel added to your channel line-up. I have submitted a channel request for this channel to be added. Please keep mind there is no guarantee if or when this channel will become a part of your local channel line-up.  Currently at this time, we do not have any announcements regarding this channel being added to your area. We may announce additional areas at a later date. Thank you for your patience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

We don't enjoy it here in Tallahassee Florida either.  Can't understand why they need to downscale the video quality of BEIN or most Hispanic networks yet we have 4 FOUR shopping channels nobody cares about.

Problem Solver

Hi phazerwon,

Our content teams work daily to bring you the best, most expansive programming possible. In some cases, however, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular channels. We’re always evaluating our catalog as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future. You can also submit a Customer Feedback Form .

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have to agree with the group here, I have considered multiple times dropping Comcast as I feel it's rediculous that you only carry Bein Sports in SD.  If they are offering it in HD just carry it that way so we can enjoy our games with the proper resolution.  The fact that this has been going on since 2012 only asserts the fact that customer service isn't a priority, and one of the reasons why customers consistently list Comcast as one of the most frustrating companies to deal with.  Thanks. 

Contributor

The fact that it's been 4 years and nothing has changed doesn't make a home on this thread feel different. Your team doesn't /'d isn't working hard enough when this is in going problem. The fact that Comcast provides 4 shopping networks in HD yet down scales Bein signal to a lesser quality just goes to show that Comcasr doesn't care. Spare us the reply and fix the problem already.
Contributor

Maybe where you are but most people on this thread are complaining because they are getting their signal downscaled from HD to 480p. Also, we're not being offered the services that Dish and AT&T customers like being able to watch Bein Sports on Bein Sports website for free. Ridiculous!
Tags (1)
  • Tags:
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well, we all know why the shopping networks are in hd and not content. Because those are profit centers for the cable companies not costs. It's just infuriating when we get canned responses about bandwidth and licensing issues when the group here knows perfectly well that neither is an issue with bein. And neither has anything to do with the bein connect issue. At least it's summer and for me there's not as much content on that I care about. But we'll be back at the exact same place in August when La Liga fires up again -- for the 6th year in a row, fuzz o vision in DC
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: All my sports channel in HD

Regular Visitor

Add me to the long list of people who want to see Bein Sports in HD. 

New Poster

What's even more infurating is watching races on Bein 411 and seeing the "BeinHD" logo in the upper right even though you are forced to watch it in SD.  That and the fact you can't login to the Bein website with a Comcast ID.  PLEASE add HD to Comcast Colorado!

Problem Solver

Hi mumdb1,

I have submitted a channel request for Bein Sports HD to be added in your area. We are working to bring this channel to all areas.If any changes are made to your channel line up, we will send out notifications. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Hope you are also considering northern Virginia. The next soccer season is coming and I start to look around for other provider since you don't also provide BeIn connect option (again Comcast/Xfinity) is the only one not listed in their option. 

I have the impression you just send out these e-mails to keep your customers calm.

Respectfully

MB

Contributor

Replying randomly to one person while so many people from different regions of the country are complaining about the same lack of service is unprofessional.

If Digital Cares, then ask for providing BEIN Sports in HD to ALL regions of the country.

Cheers

ComcastTenika wrote:

Hi mumdb1,

I have submitted a channel request for Bein Sports HD to be added in your area. We are working to bring this channel to all areas.If any changes are made to your channel line up, we will send out notifications. 

New Poster

I'll add my frustrated request to add Bein HD to southern PA, although I'm not sure it is worth much at this point. Obviously very little is getting done so we've likely made the decision to move to Direct TV. I'm tired of paying extra to spend Sundays trying to figure out the tiny, fuzzy, bike number of the motorcycle that just crashed out of the latest race. It's not like Bein hasn't done their part. They're covering the races in HD and even offer online access, but Comcast has all of that blocked. Simply unacceptable for too long.

Most Valued Poster

Dburk,

I apologize for any inconvenience this has called you. We are continuously working to increase customer satisfaction and strive to deliver a great experience to every customer. Please continue to check our website for updates regarding this issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

That is not true and has nonthing to do with BeIN Connect online. Your company does not care about our requests, that is the only thing that is true. I'll be switching to Verizon shortly, too bad most other people on this thread are stuck with your terrible overpriced service.

New Poster

While I have been waiting for BeIN to be added in HD from the time of my original request, I got my wife pregnant, had a son, watched him grow, and have watched him to his first day of kindergarden, and seen numerous peewee soccer games. Perhaps by the time he graduates highschool comcast will have figured out how to get this channel on the HD lineup.

Contributor

I'm using a friends  AT&T account to watch BEIN online but as soon as AT&T come to Tallahassee I'm done with Comcast.

Contributor

My friends in Miami get it free thru AT&T.

Problem Solver

Hello Phazerwon,

I'm sorry for your troubles. We certainly do not want you to cancel your services; we truly appreciate your business and absolutely want to keep you as a Comcast customer. I have submitted a channel request ticket for you to have the Bein Sports HD channel added to your regions channel line-up. If you have any additional questions or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Dear ComcastDemarqui,

with all respect, I think the answer above is suggesting you believe your customers are a bunch of idiots who still believe in fairy tales. I don't believe comcast is doing any move to get Bein in HD for areas not currently covered. Again, comcast is also the only major company with no agreement with Bein sport to let us to access to bein connect. I am too just waiting AT &T getting in my area to switch. 

You don't have any fault, but your company doesn't really care of what customers are demanding and all messages above clearly demonstrate this. 

Official Employee

borgarelli1408 wrote:

Dear ComcastDemarqui,

with all respect, I think the answer above is suggesting you believe your customers are a bunch of idiots who still believe in fairy tales. I don't believe comcast is doing any move to get Bein in HD for areas not currently covered. Again, comcast is also the only major company with no agreement with Bein sport to let us to access to bein connect. I am too just waiting AT &T getting in my area to switch. 

You don't have any fault, but your company doesn't really care of what customers are demanding and all messages above clearly demonstrate this. 

We understand your (and others) passion and desire to have this channel available in HD.

Unfortunately, we don't currently have any announcements to make regarding this specific service in HD in additional areas. 

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

Of course, situations may change based on any of these factors. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. 

Bandwidth management and balance is bit of an art and a science and something that is looked at constantly.  

In addition to channel space availability (HD channels take up much more bandwidth than SD channels), there can be additional costs of required equipment (HD receiver as an example) needed to receive and transmit HD signals to our customers.

Thanks for your feedback, it has certainly been heard and shared.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Dear ComcastTeds,

Thanks for your answer.

This means that Comcast will not offer Bein Sports in Spanish in HD in the short to mid term.

I'm currently a Comcast customer just for Internet and was considering adding TV service as well (I currently subscribe TV with DirectTV, which offers this channel in HD without any problems).

Based on your answer, I will not switch to Comcast for TV and rather stay with DirectTV since this channel is the one that I watch the most.

Please, keep us posted when Comcast will have this channel in HD so I might reconsider switching to Comcast for TV service.

Thanks.

New Poster

If I see well, this thread started in early 2013. Over 3 years and the request has not been fulfilled!!!!

What a horrible customer service!!!

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your honest answer.  I'm sorry that Comcast doesn't have enough bandwidth to give us the ONE channel that airs the NUMBER ONE sport in the world in high definition.  As a Comcast customer for the past 14 years I'm forced to finally leave the service. Competitors have exaclty what I'm looking for.  From Fios to Dish they all have soccer in HI-DEF.  It's 2016.  Nothing should be aired in SD anymore.  My 4K televison is going to waste.

Contributor

Comcast has 4 unwanted shopping channels in HD yet still no BEIN.

Contributor

Thank you for your answer. Again, I can understand there are techinical issues and choices a network has to face. It is difficult to understand why all other providers are able to provide Bein sport in HD and you are not. There two possible explanations. The other providers have a better technology or they all do not understand the market and only Comcast does. 

However, your explanation above do not explain why comcast does not allow us to watch Bein Sport connect (that is the Bein Sport channel on the web). I don't think you can claim this is a technical issue. At least we would be able to watch games not directly broadcasted on TV on their channel. It is interesting that no one has ever tried to provide an explanation to this question.... 

Kind regards

MB

New Poster

While I can appreaciate the struggles with getting more HD channels on the television, your reply does not address the failure to allow current beIN sport customers to watch programming on beIN sport connect.  Still no word on the impasse?

Official Employee

borgarelli1408 wrote:

However, your explanation above do not explain why comcast does not allow us to watch Bein Sport connect (that is the Bein Sport channel on the web). I don't think you can claim this is a technical issue. At least we would be able to watch games not directly broadcasted on TV on their channel. It is interesting that no one has ever tried to provide an explanation to this question.... 

Kind regards

MB

Apologies for the delay in responding.

beIN Connect availability from Comcast is a business decision and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. Our programming teams meet with beIN regularly regarding this app and other matters. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer this service to our customers. These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

Our customers that have beIN in their package and level of service can watch beIN live linear feeds anytime online and on a mobile device with the XFINITY TV app. I understand that this is not the same thing as the beIN Connect app, but some people may not be aware of this opportunity.

More info on that at the links below:

http://www.comcast.com/resources/watch-tv-anywhere.html

https://tv.xfinity.com/

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Mike954 wrote:

While I can appreaciate the struggles with getting more HD channels on the television, your reply does not address the failure to allow current beIN sport customers to watch programming on beIN sport connect.  Still no word on the impasse?

Apologies for the delay in responding.

beIN Connect availability from Comcast is a business decision and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. Our programming teams meet with beIN regularly regarding this app and other matters. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer this service to our customers. These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

Our customers that have beIN in their package and level of service can watch beIN live linear feeds anytime online and on a mobile device with the XFINITY TV app. I understand that this is not the same thing as the beIN Connect app, but some people may not be aware of this opportunity.

More info on that at the links below:

http://www.comcast.com/resources/watch-tv-anywhere.html

https://tv.xfinity.com/

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I was thinking the $200/mo total or $10month for sports package might cover this cost.  Nobody gives a sh*t about bandwidth that comcast has to use, you're a billion dollar company.  No Bein HD is absurd.  

Contributor

Thank you for your answer, but again considering all other providers are able to provide BeIn connect there are only two explanations:

1.Your company is smarter than anybody else because there is no need to do this and the others are not able to understand their business

2. The other companies do their business better and really care about their customer, while you don't.

You can gues what I am inclined to believe.....

As you correctly state BeIn connect is not the same of being able to watch BeIn using Xfinity online app. BeIn connect provide the ability to watch games that are not broadcasted on TV channel. 

I sincerely think that paying $ 200 month per month I should be able to get the same other provider will be able to give me. 

I am just eager to get AT&T U verse here are running away from Comcast/Xfinity

Kind regards

New Poster

Another subscriber who is waiting for the long overdue addition of BeIN HD to the channel line up. In the south Jersey/Philadelphia area and we only have SD here....
Frequent Visitor

BeIN Sports in HD

Another European Soccer Season has begun & as loyal Comcast customers, we still do not have BeIN Sports in HD. BeIN Sports' Full Time Soccer coverage includes LaLiga (Spain) with the best players in the world (Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo), Ligue 1 (France), Serie A (Italy) & Championship (England's Second Tier) + has included additional games from the Swiss Super League & Russian Premier League. Also major international soccer tournaments & World Cup Qualifying Events from North America, South America & Africa. Since the YES Network was removed from our channel lineup, there is an open spot in HD at channel 844 & also we have numerous channels in HD in the 1500's & 1600's, no reason for BeIN Sports not to be included in HD somewhere. I wrote a letter to BeIN Sports & the response that I received regarding Comcast, is that Comcast pays BeIN Sports a specific price for BeIN & that BeIN is only offered in HD to cable companies, unfortunately it is Comcast's decision where they place it in its channel lineup. Please Comcast, please give us BeIN Sports in HD, we are definitely paying enough for it.                         Brad

Contributor

Bein sports has 8 different streaming feeds on their webiste that Comcast customers can not view for whatever reason.  We know we can still view the one channel in SD on your cable programming, website and app but we're not getting the other 7 Bein feeds that AT&T customers and other cable providers have access to in better viewing quality.  We're getting AT&T here in Tallahassee so I'll let all others who are also frustrated with your overpriced and crappy viewing definition.  Again, 4 shopping channels in HD yet STILL no change for BEIN sports viewers.