Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Any plans to carry CometTV or Heros & Icons? Right now I get them over the air.

Frequent Visitor

Any plans to carry CometTV or Heros & Icons? Right now I get them over the air.

Does anyone know if CometTV or Heros & Icons will be carried in the Boston area? I received them over the air different sub-channels.

It just becomes a bit annoying to have to disconnect the X1 box and connect an antenna. Then swap them again.

I also know that my sister-in-law receives Comet in CT through Comcast even though she doesn't receive it over the air (thanks to terrain). So Comcast does carry that one at least. I do't know anyone who has Heros & Icons.

Thanks...

Official Employee

Re: Any plans to carry CometTV or Heros & Icons? Right now I get them over the air.

Hello Rick11629, I understand that you would like to have "CometTV, Heros, or Icons" as a part of your TV package. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Any plans to carry CometTV or Heros & Icons? Right now I get them over the air.

That feedback form seems to be about the website. But I'll do it anyway.

Aren't you required by law to carry local channels? And these are local channels.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/cable-television

Official Employee

Rick11629 wrote: That feedback form seems to be about the website. But I'll do it anyway.

Aren't you required by law to carry local channels? And these are local channels.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/cable-television

This station is carried by Comcast in your area, but for streaming services only. To obtain this network you must subscribe to a streaming package or a TV tier that allows access to the network. 

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast is not neccessarily required to carry a local channel. A channel may demand "must-carry", but Comcast is only obligated to carry ONE channel if they broadcast mulitple channels. If they don't demand must-carry, then it's up to agreements between the two. Most stations demand $$$ for carriage fees.

Frequent Visitor

Are you sure that you're looking in the Boston market? I just checked and neither is available. The screenshot for CometTV shows there are other streaming networks available like Crackle and CuriosityStream but CometTV doesn't appear in that list. And are you telling me that over the air channels are require a premium subscription ?
NoComet2.JPG
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Andy .... looks like you replied when I was working on my reply to Comcast. That would explain why the sub-channels aren't carried.
Official Employee

andyross wrote: Comcast is not neccessarily required to carry a local channel. A channel may demand "must-carry", but Comcast is only obligated to carry ONE channel if they broadcast mulitple channels. If they don't demand must-carry, then it's up to agreements between the two. Most stations demand $$$ for carriage fees.

@Rick11629, this information is correct please reach back out to me if you need any assistance adding this channel via stream to your current services.