Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Add channel RFD

Official Employee

Re: Channel 745 RFD-TV

Hi Boogerhead1, I will place a channel request for this channel in your area.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Channel 745 RFD-TV

Hi ComcastPhill,

Can I put in a request for RFD-TV and another channel for my area and another family member area? Can I PM you that zip codes for the request?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: want RFD channel

I would also give up 50 channels that I have never watched and never will just to be able to obtain the RFD-TV channel. I had it with Direct TV but when I switched to Comcast Xfinity Wow they did not have it. I did not know that till it was too late. I do own a farm of 15 + acreas here in Ga. I just don't understand why some of these Shop Channels can't be removed. It's has to be a follow the money thing. I will do something different if when my contract is up it's not added.

God BlessAmerica.

Frequent Visitor

The CEO of Comcast dropped RFD, because he says the RFD channel is a "Redneck" Channel.

Regular Contributor

BigDave1927 wrote:

The CEO of Comcast dropped RFD, because he says the RFD channel is a "Redneck" Channel.

Which pretty much tells you how little he thinks of the customers, seeing as how he's using "Redneck" as a put-down.

Contributor

Well, I'm a deplorable red neck. Can you place an order for RFD-TV for the South Indianapolis-Beech Grove, Indiana area?
We are suburban and near to farm land. We even have a few horse farms, too.
Regular Contributor

Janstheman wrote:
Well, I'm a deplorable red neck. Can you place an order for RFD-TV for the South Indianapolis-Beech Grove, Indiana area?
We are suburban and near to farm land. We even have a few horse farms, too.

Nope. They're looking to appeal to a more "urban" clientele. You and I are the wrong demographic.

Contributor

Yep, I liked seeing the restored tractors that they featured. Some of those farmers and others made those vehicles better than new.
We had Disih about fifteen years ago, but lightening struck our parabolic receiver. It came close to burning our house down
Regular Contributor

Janstheman wrote:
Yep, I liked seeing the restored tractors that they featured. Some of those farmers and others made those vehicles better than new.
We had Disih about fifteen years ago, but lightening struck our parabolic receiver. It came close to burning our house down

Dang! I hope everybody was okay. I wouldn't hold my breath on the RFD-TV thing. Comcast pulled it off markets where it was the #1 channel -- most watched -- despite phone calls, letters and emails from customers and state legislators. They didn't care. In fact, the Comcast exec who was called on the carpet for this issue replied that since other TV providers carry RFD-TV, Comcast customers who want it are welcome to cancel their service and go with someone else.

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: want RFD

Regular Contributor

I'm still waiting for RFD.

.Net Programmer
Regular Contributor

Biff-Tannon wrote:

I'm still waiting for RFD.

I think it's going to be a long wait.

New Poster

Re: RFD TV

How about bringing  RFD channel  to xfinity in the Crosby texas area at least we will have something decent to watch

Regular Contributor

Re: RFD TV

randallhalik wrote:

How about bringing  RFD channel  to xfinity in the Crosby texas area at least we will have something decent to watch

Seeing as how Comcast areas that had RFD-TV have seen it removed -- in spite of overwhelming objections by customers and lawmakers in rural areas where the channel was the most popular -- I wouldn't hold my breath.  I'd love to have it, too (I'm in a very rural area of N.J.).  But the channel, according to Comcast execs, doesn't suit their "urban" image, so that just about does it.....don't it?

New Poster

I would give up multiple channels I don't need to be able to get RFD TV in the Waynesboro, Va. area.