New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Add channel RFD

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 21 of 64

I would like to add the RFD channel

63 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 64

I would like to see RFD-TV added in the Morgantown, WV area - specifically zip 26588.  Are there any plans to do so?  I know that Comcast carries this network in some areas.  A new show from American Mountain Theater is being added to the line-up.  This originates in WV and I'd like to be able to see it.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 64

Check this out.

http://www.wheelingjamboree.org/comcastcampaign.php

I have tried for 10 years to get boomerang in NJ.  good luck.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 3 of 64

rog

Has Comcast given any reason for not getting Boomerang in NJ?

And thanks for the link. Good information.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 4 of 64

Nope they just say its not part of our system.  I have all the channels and I find it strange that comcast does not carry that channel.  It can't cost them that much to carry it its just old cartoons.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 5 of 64

You get Cartoon Network don't you? If I am correct Boomerang is the same company.

Agreed on the cost of carriage issue but in MN they put it on Preferred tier. The local phone company offers it on the mid-level tier which is very similar in channel offerings as Digital Starter.

Strange. And a bummer.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 64

Greeting Folks,

When will the TV channel RFDTV be available on Comcast? I am looking forward to getting RFDTV.

Thank You and Good Night!

.Net Programmer
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 64

i've been waiting for that channel for a long, long time. doubt it will ever happen.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 8 of 64

Well maybe someday, by the grace of God and the hand of the boss at Comcast, we will get RFDTV

.Net Programmer
Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 64

I have asked our local office in Springfield, IL about the possibility of getting RFD-TV here for over a year and they tell me that Comcast corporate has determined that we are not a "rural" community so they don't feel the programming would be relevant. RFD-TV has many shows that would be enjoyed by your subscribers. I would very much like to see this channel added to our system locally. It is carried in many other Comcast markets.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 10 of 64

Try the direct route. RFDTV itself.

http://www.rfdtv.com/findrfdtv/

You can make requests via this site to have it added to your carrier. May not work but if they get enough requests from your area who knows.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 64

I have asked for the RFD channel to be added to my lineup several times. With all the channels that you provide that I don't watch (at least 30), why can't you provide one that I do want to watch?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 64

Incidentally, I'm in Amherst, NH 03031.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 64

That makes two of us.  I'm in Springfield, IL. 

Comcast, I can send pictures of corn and cows if I need to prove my ruralness.  I'd give up 50 channels I don't watch just so I could watch The Marty Stuart Show.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 64

I'm in Galesburg, IL and would also like to know why RFD is not available on comcast. DirectV and DISH have  I WANT MY RFD

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 15 of 64

I see that Comcast has opted to drop the #1 Rural TV channel in the country, RFD-TV. When they do this, for another food channel, adios Comcast and welcome back DISH. Whats the matter with you goof balls. No more Millie B or the other well watched channels. Ive been thinking of going back to DIsh and this has made my mind up.

RN

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 64

I just heard that Comcast in Colorado Springs is going to get rid of RFD-TV for a "food channel".   DO NOT REMOVE RFD-TV.   We already have enough food channels!!  I will cancel COMCAST if they do not keep RFD-TV. 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 17 of 64

cowboy_geek

It may also be helpful if you contacted your local Comcast office directly. These forums are mainly a customer to customer help forum. Chances are not good for this to be seen by a Comcast employee.

Or you could try this

Send an e-mail to this address

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

Let them know in the email your wish to keep RFD channel.

I also recommend contacting the RFD network themselves via their website to let them know you want to keep them on Comcast.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 64

I would like RFD TV back on comcast in Colorado

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 64

I have been a subscriber for over 22 years in Albuquerque, NM. Comcast dropped RFD TV in August and I am really upset about it. It is programming geared toward rural America and is very family friendly. Please help me convince Comcast to bring back RFD TV!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 64

Hey Comcast,

What were you thinking when droppped RFD- TV? THis is the WEST for Crist sakes!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 64

We pay all this money to Comcast and get 25 religion chanels 10 foriegn channels and get to talk to someone in India who does not understand us or we them. Comcast and NBC sucks,,,,

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 23 of 64

I have to agree that the channel lineup is not that great for me either. There are goo-gobs of channels that I never look at because they have no entertainment value whatsoever.

I would like more old TV shows like Ed Sullivan and Carol Burnett. Or some of the old variety shows like Dean Martin's.

Plus old country TV shows out of Nashville such as the Porter Waggoner and The Wilburn Brothers shows. Buck Owens had a good TV show out of Bakersfield in the 1960s.

.Net Programmer
Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 64
We would like to to add back RFD TV as they carry PBR Bullriding programming
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 25 of 64

I live in Fort Lauderdale, Fl but spent the summers in Wareham, MA.  Comcast in Marion which is where I get the cable from no longer show the RFD channel.  I want it back.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 64

Good country people in Cow Hampshire.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 64

Why is Comcast removing RFD from Family Network??? There are soooo many sports channels available and this was the only one dedicated to the horse/farm community. You don't have to live in rural areas to enjoy the shows, especially if you are a horseman. Please........ put RFD back on. You are losing a big part of the prospective customers for the products being advertised.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 28 of 64

Sunday Sep 7, 2014. I turned on my TV to watch Ralph Emory at 5PM and no RFDTV. I am devastated. I just figured out that is why I did not see Crook and chase last week. Please - when are we going to get RFDTV in the Houston area - Cypress, TExas to be exact. That is one of about five or six channels I watch. I look forward to your reply, Comcast.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 29 of 64

How about adding RFD-TV to your lineup?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 64

Just inquiring about RFD! Had some RFD programs on FamilyNet but that has disappeared. Is there plans to add RFD to a new lineup? I was very aggravated when those programs were removed.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 31 of 64

Good luck

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 32 of 64

Screw Comcast. It doesnt matter that we dont have RFD, as the Comcast service has gone from bad to worst ever. They have more problems than dropping our beloved RFD. Time for us to move on. DISH & Direct TV seem to have nice deals. So what if they screw you, Comcast has been doing it for years. I have heard that the concept of "cafeteria" type cable is the next big thing, where youpick only the channels you want, and pay accordingly. Of course Comcast wont offer it. Im also tired of theior monopoly. I want a choice of cable companies like the old days before comcast bought everyone off.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 64

Since the merger in the cable companies.  Agricultural type stations are phased out like RFD-TV. What is up with that? Big enough deal for those of us with Ag interests I may be going Satellite? Been a 15 year + customer but doesnt seem to matter now. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 64

I agree!!! I would like RFD TV also!!!! please reply!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 35 of 64

Any chance of the RFD Network being added to the Comcast channel line up?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 64

Can you add RFD or at least the musical portion of the network to the Houston market?  I want to see Larry's Country Diner, Marty Stuart Show, and others in this category.  Comcast is the ONLY carrier in the area that is NOT offering RFD.  I was told last year by a customer service rep that you would have it by early 2015, but so far that has not happened.  This is important to me, enough so that I am considering swithing to ATT-Uverse if Comcast does not add it!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 37 of 64

Greg2581 wrote:
I agree also, on another subject , I'm a NY Yankees fan and I like Xfinety to add the YES Network.

I would add the RFD-TV channel, but I know that Comcast already removed that from their lineup out in the western states even though it was the #1 channel in that market. Why? Because RFD-TV doesn't fit Comcast's "urban" image. Neither do the customers in that market.....but why should matching channels to market demographics matter?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 38 of 64
I remember watching RFD-TV when we had Dish. I loved the interviews with the gentlemen that restored antique tractors. I would say that Comcast would most likely NOT be adding this channel to our line up in the Greenwood/Indianapolis area.
A number of us here on the forum have also been wanting Fox Sports 2 to be added to the line up. So far, no good.
I expect Comcast TED to answer us again with his pre- approved politically correct answer. Its all about who is watching ( number of eyeballs ) that the advertiser can get.
I would say that us as consumers should write whoever controls Comcast Xfinity and ask who does the planning on what we can see. What does it take to change this system, because obviously this could be better.
Why can't we have ala carte channel selection? In this digital age, we ( not Comcast Xfinity) should be able to watch what we want, whenever we want. I am sure there has got to be a better system. Agreed?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 64

Please add RFD TV to channel line up

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 64

I would love to have rfd added to our comcst channels I love the clean shows and all the animal showes. Love all about the farming and all music show

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 64

Will Comcast in Sacramento, CA get RFD-TV as there is AARP Live on 11/19 covering what presidental candidates are thinking about Social Security? Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 42 of 64

Please join me in requesting that Comcast add RFD TV in time for the Thanksgiving Day tribute to Joey & Rory, country singers.  Joey is losing her battle with cancer.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 64

Please add RFD channel in Auburn, WA to Comcast.programs.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 64
Does Comcast not offer RFD channel? Need you to plz add it asap! Direct TV offers it & think it would be too your advantage to do the same!! Thanks!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 64

Currently subscribe to Digital Preferred. Interested in obtaining channel 745 (RFD TV). What digital lineup carries this channel?  Current channel lineup DOES NOT show channel 745 at all.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 46 of 64

Thank you all for your input about this channel. A channel request has been created for RFD TV. These requests are tracked to help us evaluate which channels to add help us negotiate agreements with those channels. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 47 of 64
Thank you, Comcast Zach. I have missed RFD-TV is the only channel on Dish TV that wished Comcast Xfinity would carry besides Fox Sports 2. RFD should cost a lot less.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 48 of 64

Hi bchand51 -- We do not carry this channel. I will place a channel request for you. These requests are tracked to help us evaluate which channels we should carry in our lineups. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 49 of 64

I would like to have the RFD TV channel in Henderson CO. I've had xfinity for two days and wish I would have done more research before making the jump.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 50 of 64

Booggerhead1,

I too, me my ownself, would also like to have RFD here in Chicago burb. But I doubt it will ever happen.

Plus I would like to have Military History back. I had it for years and then somebody decided to put it into some other package so that it would cost more money to get it back.

.Net Programmer