members

online now

discussions

Accessing a channel that is in package

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

We are not able to watch channels included with subscription. Message comes up: "To watch this program you'll need to add this channel to your lineup. Please go to xfinity.com and sellect my account to update your services."  I tried that but was quickly lost in a roundy round of web pages. No update option. At this point, I refuse to call Comcast and spend time on the phone and most likely not getting a satisfactory answer. Spent an hour on the phone them over the weekend.

Thank you

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5

nan401 wrote:

We are not able to watch channels included with subscription. Message comes up: "To watch this program you'll need to add this channel to your lineup. Please go to xfinity.com and sellect my account to update your services."  I tried that but was quickly lost in a roundy round of web pages. No update option. At this point, I refuse to call Comcast and spend time on the phone and most likely not getting a satisfactory answer. Spent an hour on the phone them over the weekend.

Thank you

You will need to call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and speak with a CSR about the costs associated with adding channels that you wish to view.....the channels are always blocked into a subscription package (exception of premium) and you cannot add just one or two.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 5

How do I do it?  Channel 33 FOX news, for example.  The logo is in center screen, there are three dots below it that light one after the other constantly.  There's a bar underneath labeled 3:30 ----- 4:30 and in the center the dot is at 3:50.  It's now about 10:06 AM in St Augustine Florida.  Solution?????

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 5

I now remember why i cancelled Comcast a couple of years ago.....absolutely ridiculous you can't watch a channel you want to watch with out putting out a lot of extra money for a package I DON'T want.  Just doesn't make sense....

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 5 of 5

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon