Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ADD EPIX channel

New Poster

Programing ?

Last night for the first time I saw an Epix program, "Berlin Station".  Will this program continue to be shown?  It was my understanding that Comcast did not carry any Epix programs.  BTW, I enjoyed Berlin Station very much.

Most Valued Poster

Re: ADD EPIX channel

JodieNJ wrote:
People have been asking you, Comcast, to add Epix for three years now.

Why don’t you add it? I’m tired of people telling me how great Berlin Station is. I watch TV on one of my TVs and have no interest in watching on a phone, tablet, or laptop.

Am I going to have to switch to Verizon FiOS just to get a network that people have been requesting from you for three years?

Comcast obviously has access to EPIX because shows are available On Demand for a 

fee.

New Poster

Epix

When is comcast adding EPIX CHANNEL to their package?

Service Expert

Re: Epix

mmtoday wrote:

When is comcast adding EPIX CHANNEL to their package?

You can request a channel be added to the Comcast channel lineup here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

If Comcast did add Epix would it be considered a "Premium" channel like HBO, Showtime, Starz??? Just sent my request feedback form to have this channel added to Garden State, NJ line up.

Service Expert

tstack wrote:

If Comcast did add Epix would it be considered a "Premium" channel like HBO, Showtime, Starz??? Just sent my request feedback form to have this channel added to Garden State, NJ line up.

Most likely since it's a subscription service like HBO, Showtime and Starz.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

I guess this is off topic but  I feel sure EPIX would be by subscription since Dog TV is $4.99 a month. LOVEanimals but not going to pay for them to watch tv.

Contributor

It looks like we are finally getting the premium channel Epix!

MGM (fully owner of Epix) and Comcast has hammered out a new distribution deal. The channel should be available early 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/comcast-x1-subscribers-get-epix-in-early-2018-under-new-distribution-dea...
Most Valued Poster

bruistopher wrote:

MGM (fully owner of Epix) and Comcast has hammered out a new distribution deal. The channel should be available early 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/comcast-x1-subscribers-get-epix-in-early-2018-under-new-distribution-dea...

So does this mean it would be at additional cost like HBO,etc?

Contributor

TerriB wrote:

bruistopher wrote:

Of course. It will probably be an add-on. Kind of like how The Movie Channel ($13) is at the moment. Or they could include it in current or new tiers but at an additional cost.

I’m sure one of the Xfinity team members on this forum will update this topic with additional info.

Most Valued Poster

bruistopher wrote:

TerriB wrote:

bruistopher wrote:

Of course. It will probably be an add-on. Kind of like how The Movie Channel ($13) is at the moment. Or they could include it in current or new tiers but at an additional cost.

I’m sure one of the Xfinity team members on this forum will update this topic with additional info.

Well I am not going to add it if it costs although it seems like a good channel to have. I am going to say quietly (ha ha) that the Movie Channel has come back to us for free more than once. We lost it for a long time and then it magically appeared again and I just checked and yep we have it and I tuned to it and voila! 

Silver Problem Solver

It looks like this is only for X1 customers. This seems to imply it will use IP instead of regular linear cable for distribution.

Most Valued Poster

andyross wrote:

It looks like this is only for X1 customers. This seems to imply it will use IP instead of regular linear cable for distribution.

I have X1 and top tier channel lineup. Do you mean it will only be over the internet and not on the cable channel lineup? I ask that because to me IP means Internet Protocol.

Regular Contributor

“They're defying all odds to launch a bold service, called Epix, that hopes to break into the premium TV business long dominated by HBO, Showtime and Starz.”

If Epix is indeed considered a “premium“ channel, that means we will have to pay extra to get it on Xfinity.

Since I pay almost $200 a month already to Comcast, that is not going to happen for me. Berlin Station just isn’t worth it.