Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,874,304

members

1,622

online

29,135

topics

Top

ADD EPIX channel

New Poster

Programing ?

Last night for the first time I saw an Epix program, "Berlin Station".  Will this program continue to be shown?  It was my understanding that Comcast did not carry any Epix programs.  BTW, I enjoyed Berlin Station very much.

Most Valued Poster

Re: ADD EPIX channel


JodieNJ wrote:
People have been asking you, Comcast, to add Epix for three years now.

Why don’t you add it? I’m tired of people telling me how great Berlin Station is. I watch TV on one of my TVs and have no interest in watching on a phone, tablet, or laptop.

Am I going to have to switch to Verizon FiOS just to get a network that people have been requesting from you for three years?

Comcast obviously has access to EPIX because shows are available On Demand for a 

fee.

 

New Poster

Epix

When is comcast adding EPIX CHANNEL to their package?

Service Expert

Re: Epix


mmtoday wrote:

When is comcast adding EPIX CHANNEL to their package?


You can request a channel be added to the Comcast channel lineup here.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Epix

If Comcast did add Epix would it be considered a "Premium" channel like HBO, Showtime, Starz??? Just sent my request feedback form to have this channel added to Garden State, NJ line up.

Service Expert

Re: Epix


tstack wrote:

If Comcast did add Epix would it be considered a "Premium" channel like HBO, Showtime, Starz??? Just sent my request feedback form to have this channel added to Garden State, NJ line up.


Most likely since it's a subscription service like HBO, Showtime and Starz.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Re: Epix

I guess this is off topic but  I feel sure EPIX would be by subscription since Dog TV is $4.99 a month. LOVEanimals but not going to pay for them to watch tv.

 

 

Contributor

Re: Epix

It looks like we are finally getting the premium channel Epix!

MGM (fully owner of Epix) and Comcast has hammered out a new distribution deal. The channel should be available early 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/comcast-x1-subscribers-get-epix-in-early-2018-under-new-distribution-dea...
Most Valued Poster

Re: Epix


bruistopher wrote:
It looks like we are finally getting the premium channel Epix!

MGM (fully owner of Epix) and Comcast has hammered out a new distribution deal. The channel should be available early 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/comcast-x1-subscribers-get-epix-in-early-2018-under-new-distribution-dea...

So does this mean it would be at additional cost like HBO,etc?

Contributor

Re: Epix


TerriB wrote:

bruistopher wrote:
It looks like we are finally getting the premium channel Epix!

MGM (fully owner of Epix) and Comcast has hammered out a new distribution deal. The channel should be available early 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/comcast-x1-subscribers-get-epix-in-early-2018-under-new-distribution-dea...

So does this mean it would be at additional cost like HBO,etc?


Of course. It will probably be an add-on. Kind of like how The Movie Channel ($13) is at the moment. Or they could include it in current or new tiers but at an additional cost.

 

I’m sure one of the Xfinity team members on this forum will update this topic with additional info.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Epix


bruistopher wrote:

TerriB wrote:

bruistopher wrote:
It looks like we are finally getting the premium channel Epix!

MGM (fully owner of Epix) and Comcast has hammered out a new distribution deal. The channel should be available early 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/comcast-x1-subscribers-get-epix-in-early-2018-under-new-distribution-dea...

So does this mean it would be at additional cost like HBO,etc?


Of course. It will probably be an add-on. Kind of like how The Movie Channel ($13) is at the moment. Or they could include it in current or new tiers but at an additional cost.

 

I’m sure one of the Xfinity team members on this forum will update this topic with additional info.


Well I am not going to add it if it costs although it seems like a good channel to have. I am going to say quietly (ha ha) that the Movie Channel has come back to us for free more than once. We lost it for a long time and then it magically appeared again and I just checked and yep we have it and I tuned to it and voila! 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Epix

It looks like this is only for X1 customers. This seems to imply it will use IP instead of regular linear cable for distribution.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Epix


andyross wrote:

It looks like this is only for X1 customers. This seems to imply it will use IP instead of regular linear cable for distribution.


I have X1 and top tier channel lineup. Do you mean it will only be over the internet and not on the cable channel lineup? I ask that because to me IP means Internet Protocol.

Regular Contributor

Re: Epix

“They're defying all odds to launch a bold service, called Epix, that hopes to break into the premium TV business long dominated by HBO, Showtime and Starz.”

If Epix is indeed considered a “premium“ channel, that means we will have to pay extra to get it on Xfinity.

Since I pay almost $200 a month already to Comcast, that is not going to happen for me. Berlin Station just isn’t worth it.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Epix


andyross wrote:

It looks like this is only for X1 customers. This seems to imply it will use IP instead of regular linear cable for distribution.


EPIX is listed as a video app on my TiVo, so is probably available to stream with a separate subscription, like Netflix or Hulu. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: ADD EPIX channel

MGM’s Epix premium network will be available to Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers across the U.S. — for the first time — starting on June 13.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/comcast-epix-launch-xfinity-tv-1202818108/


@gatorjfgal wrote:

Please add Epix channel to Comcast line up. I'm more than willing to pay extra for it. 


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: EPIX CHANNEL


@timstack wrote:

I agree. Would love to have EPIX TV added. Maybe it's time take away STARZ channels

 


MGM’s Epix premium network will be available to Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers across the U.S. — for the first time — starting on June 13.https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/comcast-epix-launch-xfinity-tv-1202818108/

Frequent Visitor

Re: ADD EPIX channel

MGM’s Epix premium network will be available to Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers across the U.S. — for the first time — starting on June 13.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/comcast-epix-launch-xfinity-tv-1202818108/

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: ADD EPIX channel


@Betsy-SF-CA wrote:

I too would like the EPIX channel to be added to Comcast, and would pay the extra charge for it.  

 

I am intrigued by Dadgren's assertion in this forum that EPIX can be accessed using Google Chromecast with an HDMI connection to the TV via a laptop.  But I do not see any way that this can actually work.  I contacted EPIX Customer Service yesterday and was told that EPIX is not available as a streaming/internet service.  So, how would this actually work?

 


MGM’s Epix premium network will be available to Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers across the U.S. — for the first time — starting on June 13.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/comcast-epix-launch-xfinity-tv-1202818108/

Most Valued Poster

Re: ADD EPIX channel


@LkyLuciano wrote:

MGM’s Epix premium network will be available to Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers across the U.S. — for the first time — starting on June 13.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/comcast-epix-launch-xfinity-tv-1202818108/

 


YIPPEE...guess there wouldl have been no way to have known this if not for these forums.......why oh why don't they send out announcements when they add channels. I will have to look for it on June 13..thank goodness for voice remote so I don't have to search and search for it.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: ADD EPIX channel

For those who don't have an X1 box and don't want to watch on their phone or PC hopefully Comcast/Xfinity becomes a listed provider in the Epix app available on multiple devices. If that is not the case then this addition will be useless to myself and I am sure many others.
Contributor

Re: ADD EPIX channel

Honestly, no one should be holding their breath for Comcast to allow authenticity through the Epix app.

In that article with the link that was posted a few posts up it clearly says “In addition to being available on Comcast’s voice-enabled X1 platform, Epix will be available to the cable operator’s customers on other devices in and out of home via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal.“

No mention of the Epix app. Just Comcast’s Xfinity Stream app.

And to be quite honest again it doesn’t surprise me one bit because Comcast has lately been negotiating content rights for use within their streaming app, Xfinity Stream. NOT content rights for us “customers” to use our Xfinity credentials (which we pay for) for the use of the content providers app, in this case Epix.

We don’t have authenticity for any of Viacom apps and notably Starz. So...
Regular Contributor

Re: ADD EPIX channel

Since Comcast has not released an Xfinity Stream app for Fire TV, Android TV or Apple TV just shows me that they want to force people into renting their boxes. Their Roku channel is very limited and still in beta. Also it has been stated that at some point they will be charging a monthly fee to those using their Roku channel.

So them providing Epix access only to those who rent an X1 box or use the stream app is a big middle finger to many customers.
Frequent Visitor

Re: ADD EPIX channel

Just a note....

 

Epix became available on Xfinity as of today, June 13. You have to subscribe to it ($5.99 per month).  I did subscribe (been wanting this channel for a long time). However, once you subscribe, you can use the Epix app by logging into your Xfinity account. I know because I went to the Epix website and they have now added Xfinity as a cable subscriber in the drop down menu.

 

Also, I then added the Epix app to my Roku channel and it sent me through the regular activation for the channel and I can also view Epix there. 

 

So, no, you don't only get to view it through the Xfinity tv or streaming platform. 

 

BTW, I do have the X1 box, but this article says it will be available through ALL Xfinity tv platforms:  https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/comcast-set-launch-epix-june-13

 

I hope this helps.....

 

Edited to add:  I just added the Epix app to my iPad and logged in through Xfinity username/password and it's working great there, too!

Most Valued Poster

Re: ADD EPIX channel


@carol601 wrote:

Just a note....

 

Epix became available on Xfinity as of today, June 13. You have to subscribe to it ($5.99 per month).  I did subscribe (been wanting this channel for a long time). However, once you subscribe, you can use the Epix app by logging into your Xfinity account. I know because I went to the Epix website and they have now added Xfinity as a cable subscriber in the drop down menu.

 

Also, I then added the Epix app to my Roku channel and it sent me through the regular activation for the channel and I can also view Epix there. 

 

So, no, you don't only get to view it through the Xfinity tv or streaming platform. 

 

BTW, I do have the X1 box, but this article says it will be available through ALL Xfinity tv platforms:  https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/comcast-set-launch-epix-june-13

 

I hope this helps.....

 

Edited to add:  I just added the Epix app to my iPad and logged in through Xfinity username/password and it's working great there, too!


==

 

Interesting that no where in that article does it mention that we have to  pay/subscribe to EPIX on X1. We have the top shelf bundle with all the premium channels and they want us to pay to add this one? $200 a month should include it since its not a streaming service.  I am very disappointed. After removing the remote recording app this is the least they could do.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More