Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ADD EPIX channel

Contributor

Re: ADD EPIX channel

I totally agree. I used to work for Comcast/XFINITY from 1999-2009 in technical support via phone. Because of how large XFINITY is and how they've merged and acquired other companies and companies areas it harder for them to do that. There isn't one(1) headquarters where the channels are sent to each customer in a different area/system. Even though it's ALL XFINITY each system has a headend where signals are received and resent out to us customers. And each system has franchise agreements with XFINITY has to uphold. That's why some areas get channels that others don't. Comcast (Parent of) XFINITY would ha e to spend millions if not billions to reorganize the system, wait for all licensing agreements with companies such as Viacom,MGM, and even NBCUniversal, etc, to all end in every area and start from scratch. For instance I think Viacom owns MTV (could be wrong) but with their agreement in areas they want MTV and will want to have others like VH1,MTV2 ,etc added and for a price per subscriber. So it's not just like Comcast/XFINITY can just add whatever they want and remove whatever to replace it Willy nilly because there is a contract. Sometimes they last 10 years or less or more. It all depends. Like when Disney channel went from a pay premium channel with no commercials to a non premium with commercials another licensing agreement was negotiated. So as you can see from the brief (lol) confusing explanation I've given it's just not that simple. Satellite systems (which I've had and hated, that god I had Comcast too(worked there and the satellite system was my roommates) cuz whenever it rained or was overcast it had issues. But they have it easy. They have the centralized system that receives and resends to everyone anywhere. Therefore it's easier to provide grouped channel offerings, but even they have licensing agreements to follow.

In the long and short of it, please try and understand that it's just not as simple as saying I want Epix. Comcast has to see the how many customers request the channel and if the demand is high then they'd negotiate an agreement. So please just don't be mad at Comcast XFINITY because they haven't added it yet (it may be in the works) it's complicated.

Thank you!
Most Valued Poster

GypsyJoey wrote:
I totally agree. I used to work for Comcast/XFINITY from 1999-2009 in technical support via phone. Because of how large XFINITY is and how they've merged and acquired other companies and companies areas it harder for them to do that. There isn't one(1) headquarters where the channels are sent to each customer in a different area/system. Even though it's ALL XFINITY each system has a headend where signals are received and resent out to us customers. And each system has franchise agreements with XFINITY has to uphold. That's why some areas get channels that others don't. Comcast (Parent of) XFINITY would ha e to spend millions if not billions to reorganize the system, wait for all licensing agreements with companies such as Viacom,MGM, and even NBCUniversal, etc, to all end in every area and start from scratch. For instance I think Viacom owns MTV (could be wrong) but with their agreement in areas they want MTV and will want to have others like VH1,MTV2 ,etc added and for a price per subscriber. So it's not just like Comcast/XFINITY can just add whatever they want and remove whatever to replace it Willy nilly because there is a contract. Sometimes they last 10 years or less or more. It all depends. Like when Disney channel went from a pay premium channel with no commercials to a non premium with commercials another licensing agreement was negotiated. So as you can see from the brief (lol) confusing explanation I've given it's just not that simple. Satellite systems (which I've had and hated, that god I had Comcast too(worked there and the satellite system was my roommates) cuz whenever it rained or was overcast it had issues. But they have it easy. They have the centralized system that receives and resends to everyone anywhere. Therefore it's easier to provide grouped channel offerings, but even they have licensing agreements to follow.

In the long and short of it, please try and understand that it's just not as simple as saying I want Epix. Comcast has to see the how many customers request the channel and if the demand is high then they'd negotiate an agreement. So please just don't be mad at Comcast XFINITY because they haven't added it yet (it may be in the works) it's complicated.

Thank you!

Thanks for that great explanation. I figured it had to be complex. Do we know how Comcast  'sees'  what the demand is for a new channel? Not everyone who sees ads for shows on channels not offered are going to come on the forums to request one and is there a process to feed these requests from the forums to those making the decisions? Otherwise we are wasting our breath asking for new channels on here.  Nor do people tend to call Comcast or email them or whatever to request a new channel or do they?  I have always wondered how they get the 'numbers' required to negoiate to add a channel.  Bottom line....what is the official process for users to request new channel?

New Poster

How do you copy the text you're replying to so it shows like yours did?

One way is a petition sent to Comcast Corporate. The others since each system is different you'd have to call CS and they "should " and I say should cuz you never know how the CS agent is, should fill out a new channel request form and send to either their supervisor or their in house marketing dept
Contributor

Sorry. That post from MISLED is my out account I forgot I was logged in.
Most Valued Poster

Misled wrote:
How do you copy the text you're replying to so it shows like yours did?

One way is a petition sent to Comcast Corporate. The others since each system is different you'd have to call CS and they "should " and I say should cuz you never know how the CS agent is, should fill out a new channel request form and send to either their supervisor or their in house marketing dept

---When you want to show what you are repling to just click on Quote in the right upper corner of the reply screen and it will paste the text you are replying to.

Contributor

Quoting TerriB---When you want to show what you are repling to just click on Quote in the right upper corner of the reply screen and it will paste the text you are replying to.

Maybe because I am using my iPhone. It doesn't have a Quote to click. But thanks!
Contributor

I too would like Epix added.
Contributor

Been waiting since '09 for Comcast to add Epix but if they haven't added it yet I doubt they ever will. Same thing with Boomerang, been waiting even longer for Comcast to add that channel. If Comcast has really been trying to work out a deal to carry Epix they haven't been doing a good job . Like I said I don't believe they will ever add it and don't believe they ever had any plans to do so.

Those saying you can subscribe to Epix through the Epix website have been misinformed. You can sign up for a 14 day trial but you can not subscribe.

If you really want Epix that badly you will have to subscribe through another provider. The only providers available to me who carry Epix are Dish, Sling TV, & Playstation Vue (which only carries the Epix Hits channel). If you are patient you can hope that eventually Epix does allow people to subscribe directly through their website.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Will Comcast Offer Epix

Please get this done before Berlin starts.

Contributor

Quoting joenhre08------
Been waiting since '09 for Comcast to add Epix but if that haven't added it yet I doubt they ever will. Same thing with Boomerang, been waiting even longer for Comcast to add that channel. If Comcast has really been trying to work out a deal to carry Epix they haven't been doing a good job . Like I said I don't believe they will ever add it and don't believe they ever had any plans to do so.

One: I don't recall stating that they are trying to work out a deal for Epix,I was just trying to explain that it's not just that easy for them to do it. Comcast has to pay Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and Lions Gate Entertainment who own Epix for licensing rights and tries to not do that with hiking up your rate cuz I'm sure that Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and Lions Gate Entertainment would want more than the popular Epix, they'd wanna add other channels in the deal.

As for Boomerang, they are solely owned BY Comcast/XFINITY's rival (#2 to XFINITY) Time Warner, so I doubt that will happen. And I remember Boomarang being on the Comcast lineup back in at least 1999-200? But not I. All areas. There are a lot of political ramifications To deals such as these. So just don't start blaming XFINITY/Comcast when you can't get the channel you'd want.
New Poster

Re: EPIX CHANNEL

Please do NOT take away STARZ, but I agree, would love to have EPIX!

Contributor

They won't take away Starz. They have a licensing agreement with them.
Contributor

As for Epix..... on time will tell. We need an online petition!
New Poster

Im about to be over Comcast. If I can choose only the channels I want and pay accordingly, it would be fine. Just like ordering a la carte at a resterant. Instead, I feel like my subsciption is for a lobster, escargot and some rare sushi evey month and none of it tastes very good. Time for Comcast to realize the times and consumer interest. Would love to watch Epix, and apparenly, as I am used to hearing, it's not available..

Contributor

Quoting eawimbush...
Im about to be over Comcast. If I can choose only the channels I want and pay accordingly, it would be fine. Just like ordering a la carte at a resterant. Instead, I feel like my subsciption is for a lobster, escargot and some rare sushi evey month and none of it tastes very good. Time for Comcast to realize the times and consumer interest. Would love to watch Epix, and apparenly, as I am used to hearing, it's not available..

See, the problem with that is, all channels are not individually owned separately. So Say The Walt Disney company just created a new channel called "The B-List" channel. And Disney wanted it added everywhere and Someone like Comcast/XFINITY, Time Warner, or Fios didn't see a need to add it. Well what would have to happen is they'd have to negotiate a new licensing contract. And if Disney could with the weight in the business could pull ABC, Disney, and whatever other channel they owned.

I'm just saying it's not just "Hey! I want Epix, get rid of Starz" or what have you.
Most Valued Poster

eawimbush wrote:

----

I  agree and have always thought that a la carte at least by 'layer' would be wonderful but we need to be careful what we wish for. Verizon started that and from what I have heard it ends up being more costly when customers cherry pick channels.....just sayin!

New Poster

I too would love to see Epix added and willing to pay extra for this service. Please consider adding EPIX
New Poster

Really, Really want Comcast/Xfinity to carry the EPIX offering!!!! Everyone please, get on board, and put on the pressure!!!!

New Poster

Epix?

Does xfinity carry Epix?  May have to switch If they don't get it!

New Poster

Please add epix today
New Poster

Do we have the opportunity to add the Epic channel?
New Poster

There is a new show staring this Sunday on EPIX.  I looked and looked in our Comcast Guide and was stunned that EPIX was not to be found!   COMCAST:  PLEASE ADD EPIX!

New Poster

Anyone able to get EPIX?

would love to be able to get EPIX.

Anybody able to get it on their TV?

We threw away our ROKU  and want to be able to watch it on our TV rather than other devices

Contributor

How to get EPIX channel?

Keep seeing great programming for EPIX on tv.  Was surprised (ok maybe shouldn't have been) to see

that Comcast/Xfinity does not provide this channel.  How to watch it?    

Request that Comcast pickup the channel for Chicago and outlying areas.

New Poster

NETWORK

When will Comcast carry the EPIX network?

Service Expert

Re: Anyone able to get EPIX?

Dbmbe wrote:

would love to be able to get EPIX.

Anybody able to get it on their TV?

We threw away our ROKU  and want to be able to watch it on our TV rather than other devices

no expix on my search of comcast channels.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

You all really have to to through the previous texts
Contributor

Please go back and read everything that's Been written on the very topics.
Service Expert

GypsyJoey wrote:
Please go back and read everything that's Been written on the very topics.

GypsyJoey, please use the Quote button on the format bar when replying to specific posters.  Your posts will make much more sense in a long thread.  Smiley Wink

Thanks!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Contributor

Quoting AGAIN....GypsyJoey, please use the Quote button on the format bar when replying to specific posters. Your posts will make much more sense in a long thread. Smiley Wink

Thanks!

Again, I totally agree with ya and if you have done as I suggested I use my iPhone and not a laptop,notebook,or Chromebook. If you have any any other suggestions I'm happy to hear them!

Much love, GypsyJoey
New Poster

i also want epix even if it means paying more $.

Jim Doane

gatorjfgal wrote:

Please add Epix channel to Comcast line up. I'm more than willing to pay extra for it. 

Regular Visitor

I agree - please add Epix!  They have some great new shows and I have no way to watch them other than switching to Verizon (who is apparently more customer-centric and whose customer service is light years ahead of Comcast/Xfinity.).  Unfortunately I live in an apartment building that has a deal with Comcast included in our monthly fee, so switching isn't an option.

New Poster

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE EPIX?

NOTHING FURTHER.  

Contributor

Quoting JSR62----I agree - please add Epix! They have some great new shows and I have no way to watch them other than switching to Verizon (who is apparently more customer-centric and whose customer service is light years ahead of Comcast/Xfinity.). Unfortunately I live in an apartment building that has a deal with Comcast included in our monthly fee, so switching isn't an option.

I totally agree. I would love that channel but I used to work for Comcast/XFINITY from 1999-2009 in technical support via phone. Because of how large XFINITY is and how they've merged and acquired other companies and companies areas it harder for them to do that. There isn't one(1) headquarters where the channels are sent to each customer in a different area/system. Even though it's ALL XFINITY each system has a headend where signals are received and resent out to us customers. And each system has franchise agreements with XFINITY has to uphold. That's why some areas get channels that others don't. Comcast (Parent of) XFINITY would ha e to spend millions if not billions to reorganize the system, wait for all licensing agreements with companies such as Viacom,MGM, and even NBCUniversal, etc, to all end in every area and start from scratch. For instance I think Viacom owns MTV (could be wrong) but with their agreement in areas they want MTV and will want to have others like VH1,MTV2 ,etc added and for a price per subscriber. So it's not just like Comcast/XFINITY can just add whatever they want and remove whatever to replace it Willy nilly because there is a contract. Sometimes they last 10 years or less or more. It all depends. Like when Disney channel went from a pay premium channel with no commercials to a non premium with commercials another licensing agreement was negotiated. So as you can see from the brief (lol) confusing explanation I've given it's just not that simple. Satellite systems (which I've had and hated, that god I had Comcast too(worked there and the satellite system was my roommates) cuz whenever it rained or was overcast it had issues. But they have it easy. They have the centralized system that receives and resends to everyone anywhere. Therefore it's easier to provide grouped channel offerings, but even they have licensing agreements to follow.

Thank you!
Regular Contributor

Add EPIX!  

New Poster

I would also like to see EPIX added to your channel lineup

New Poster

Why do you not have the Epix channel?

why do you not have Epix channel, when so many people want it?

Regular Contributor

Re: Why do you not have the Epix channel?

I signed up for a free 14-day trial (via Roku), and have been dismayed that everything I've looked at is in stereo. No Dolby Digital of any flavor -- just PCM. Granted all I've watched are Berlin Station and Graves. Movies, I can get anywhere, but original series are a different story. If they're not going to do a minimum of DD5.1, it's not worth it,

CIAO!

Ed N.
New Poster

I agree, just add EPIX at no additional charge. We all pay enough already. If this isn't satisfactory, take away ESPN or

STARZ. We deserve a break now and then, now would be preferable. I have been with Comcast since May 2003.

Thank you.

Wally B.

Regular Contributor

Well, the 14 day free trial has expired (10/28), and as of last night (10/31) I could still watch it.

Started watching a movie the other night. The picture was as expected and the audio was good, though it was a bit low in level. Had to have my AVR turned all the way up to hear it at a good level. I backed out of Epix and loaded it on Amazon, when I discovered that the aspect ratio was different. The movie was actually shot in 2.39:1 (which Amazon did. Epix showed it in 16:9). Audio was louder and clearer on Amazon also.

Berlin Station was quite good, and I enjoyed Graves, though 2 shows aren't enough for me to justify paying extra.

The audio on the movie was Dolby Digital, but both of the series were PCM.

When they eventually cut me off, I don't think I'll be paying extra for it.

CIAO!

Ed N.
New Poster

Yes, I agree, Berlin Station looks just like the kind of program we would like to watch!  I'd like to figure out how to add the EPIX app to my smart TV.

New Poster

Here! Here!  I agree!

Regular Visitor

We need all xfinity/comcast customers to rally and request, even demand that comcast offer EPIX. 

If we all demand and or request they eventually will listen. 

I myself have had 3 customers call and request. if we unite we can get this done. it may take a few months but it is possible. 

Frequent Visitor

Agreed. I wish Comcast would also consider adding all Premier channels in HD, add Epix and all premium channels available. I had Dish Network and they offered monthly subscribtions to a very wide varity of programing ( Howard Stern, WWE, Adult Content ) 

New Poster

I agrre with evryone else about adding EPIX. Could easily be part fo a basic package or adding at no more than $10 a month

There appears to be enough demand and interest for it.

The EPIX content is  substantial including some original productions I would like to see i.e. Get Shorty with Ray Romano

Official Employee

Hi bk3802,  thank you for reaching out and I will submit a request ticket on your behalf to the appropriate team that will review adding this channel to the current lineup.

This is submitted for tracking and no further contact will be made.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

You can watch Epix on your computer, but if your TV provider is Comcast, you can't watch it on your television. Please contact Comcast and demand they add Epix to their channel lineup.
Regular Visitor

Hopefully with all the demand for epix xfinity will wake up and smell the coffee as they say and offer it as another premium channel. With all the stuff they offer that I never wanted and WE THE PEOPLE are requesting and some posts demanding. PLEASE GET EPIX ASAP please 

Regular Contributor

People have been asking you, Comcast, to add Epix for three years now.

Why don’t you add it? I’m tired of people telling me how great Berlin Station is. I watch TV on one of my TVs and have no interest in watching on a phone, tablet, or laptop.

Am I going to have to switch to Verizon FiOS just to get a network that people have been requesting from you for three years?
Service Expert
Moved: