Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ADD EPIX channel

Frequent Visitor

ADD EPIX channel

Please add Epix channel to Comcast line up. I'm more than willing to pay extra for it. 

Frequent Visitor

EPIX CHANNEL

I just recently switched over to Comcast only to find out they DO NOT carry the Epix Channel. If you want to watch any Paramount or MGM movie you need to have the Epix channel. Without it you can't watch movies such as Star Trek Into Darkness or James Bond Skyfall and Marvel's The Avengers. Further they are not even offered On Demand. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add Epix to your channel line up. I would be happy to pay extra for it. 

Regular Contributor

Re: EPIX CHANNEL

I agree. Would love to have EPIX TV added. Maybe it's time take away STARZ channels

Frequent Visitor

Its all a matter of what they are willing to pay for. There is no need to take away programming. Add Epix channel and allow us to pay for it. 

Problem Solver

Re: ADD EPIX channel

Do you know you can subscribe to EPIX for online streaming? They offer a free 14 day trial. here is a link.

http://www.epixhd.com/freetrial-devices/

You can stream a wireless connection to your TV with Google Chromecast ($35 at Walmart). Here is a link about Chromecast.

http://www.google.com/intl/en-US/chrome/devices/chromecast/

A wikipedia link with more technical information on Chromecast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromecast

Chromecast plugs into your television's HDMI port.  If you are already using your HDMI port it would be better if your TV has two HDMI ports. (see your owners manual or check the back of your TV)

I have my computer hardwired to my TV with a RGB cable that has a stereo mini plug AUDIO cable attached. (costs about $18) Check your connections.

If you are willing to pay for it you can have EPIX Channel this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The people who reply to your post are for the most part Comcast customers (they are unpaid). If the name on the reply is in RED they are a Comcast employee. If anyone answers your question please mark their post as the answer. To do this log in then go to the post with the solution. Click on OPTIONS then select MARK AS SOLUTION. Only the person that asks the question can mark the solution.

Frequent Visitor

I would rather have my cable company provide me with a channel that most other companies already have. just offer it and I will pay for it.

Problem Solver

I was simply trying to give you an option of NOT waiting for Comcast. Have you ever experienced how long it takes them to correct a bill? It should take at the most 3 days, Comcast can take over a month.

Frequent Visitor

DO NOT TAKE AWAY ANYTHING ADD EPIX!!!!

Frequent Visitor

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD EPIX CHANNEL!!!

I DO NOT see any reason that Comcast cannot carry the Epix channel. If you want to see New Star Trek, James Bond and Marvel movies YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE EPIX channel. I do not want to stream it on line. I want to watch it like I did when I have Direct TV and Verizon. Verizon offers it for free on its premium package.  I would be happy to pay extra for it.

New Poster

Do you know how much the subsacrption is after the trial?  Not seeing any details.  I did not sign up yet.
dadgren wrote:

Do you know you can subscribe to EPIX for online streaming? They offer a free 14 day trial. here is a link.

http://www.epixhd.com/freetrial-devices/

Regular Contributor

Any update for adding EPIX TV to my Garden State, NJ channel lineup in 2015? Could use a New Premium channel in our area. After all you are Xfinity The Future of Awesome?

Regular Contributor

I Had Dishnetwork and Epix package for over a year and it wasnt worth the price same 4 movies cycled on 123 EPIX,the only good Epix channel was Epix drive in.Alot of times we just want for the sake of wanting,but if your willing to pay you have the right to try it out.But in my case was a waste of money..

New Poster

How come you won't carry Epix?

Regular Contributor

Would also like to see EPIX channel added to my comcast system (08054). We need a New Premium channel.

Frequent Visitor

ask_jeeves wrote:

How come you won't carry Epix?

My guess is that it may a risk, to the programming content department at Comcast, to add Epix for however long a contract would be required … and to have to find out whether there would be profit from consumers signing up for Epix on a regular basis. It's owned by Studio 3 Partners, is headquartered in New York, New York, and its sister channels are many under the Viacom umbrella: Nickelodeon, TV Land, Comedy Central, Spike TV, Logo, BET, MTV, and VH1. It probably doesn't help, if Epix is wanting to be on Comcast, that the service has some content available on streaming devices like Roku. So, if this does ever happen (that Epix joins the channel lineup of Comcast), I imagine it would be because the deal is pretty sweet for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I, too, would be willing to pay to get EPIX on Comcast, as Comcast is one of the last few "providers" NOT providing EPIX. My favorite comedian only releases to EPIX and it would be enjoyable to be able to watch his programs without having to buy everything on DVD or switch to the DiSH. Thanks for your consideration.
New Poster

I was going to add on my Comcast DVR stand up comedian Craig Ferguson Just Because" comedy special to record. But, I couldn't find it and did a Google search to find out for what channel Epix is on in my Comcast line up. Only to find out in this forum it's not available. What gives Comcast? I'm super dissapointed! 😔

New Poster

I too would like the EPIX channel to be added to Comcast, and would pay the extra charge for it.  

I am intrigued by Dadgren's assertion in this forum that EPIX can be accessed using Google Chromecast with an HDMI connection to the TV via a laptop.  But I do not see any way that this can actually work.  I contacted EPIX Customer Service yesterday and was told that EPIX is not available as a streaming/internet service.  So, how would this actually work?

Regular Contributor

Would also like to see Comcast add EPIX TV to my Garden State, NJ channel line up. Mod's any progress?

New Poster

I agree.  I have HBO and Starz, but would love to have Epix replace Starz.  I've been doing the 14 day free trial - no cc required, by the way - and like that Epix has more recent movie options than HBO or Showtime.  

With as much as we pay for Comast, it is definitely time for them to improve on their product.  Bring Epix!

New Poster

Hello I wanna watch it free please add Epix

New Poster

Will Comcast Offer Epix

Epix is a movie channel offering not only movies but also original programming, including the new thriller Berlin Station starting on October 16. Epix is currently available on many cable providers including AT&T U-verse, Cox, Dish, Frontier, Time Warner and Verizon FIOS. Why not Comcast, the biggest cable TV provider?

New Poster

There are programs that I want to watch on Epix, but I can't find the channel in Comcast line-up.

Frequent Visitor

I would really like to see the new Epix program, Berlin Station, and was very disappointed to learn I could not get it on Comcast.  I would really, really like to see it added to the lineup in my area ......... but at no additional cost, I am already spending a bundle for Comcast.

New Poster

Add epix to comcast
Regular Contributor

I have Epix package with my sling tv now and its still a waste of money,I find if you able to switch around monthly to different premium channels like one month have Starz,the next Showtime etc you will get a better variety of movies

New Poster

Comcast does have a Epic channel, but  its spelled with a C not a X, you can only rent or buy movies, I would like Comcast to add the Epix channel, because they have many great shows that can only be see on Epix, like Berlin Station, that's the type of series that I watch the most, Comcast is adding a channel next month, sorry I forgotten the name, that's how unimportant it must be." ADD EPIX PLEASE"

Contributor

All those movies you mentioned. Star Trek Into Darkness and Marvel movies are on STARZ and HBO and the New Star Trek movies on now on FX
Contributor

It also depends on how much epix is trying to charge Comcast to add it to Comcast
Contributor

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD EPIX CHANNEL!!!

Comcast and epix have to have a deal/licensing agreement. Epix might be asking more that Comcast is willing to pay. Comcast just can't added cuz you want it. It doesn't work that way.
Contributor

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD EPIX CHANNEL!!!

Comcast and epix have to have a deal/licensing agreement. Epix might be asking more that Comcast is willing to pay. Comcast just can't added cuz you want it. It doesn't work that way.
Contributor

Contributor

Maybe Comcast will add epix when they renegotiate the Viacom deal
Contributor

Please read other posts that explain the reasoning why epix isn't on Comcast as of yet
Contributor

I'd rather have Starz than epix. Please go thru older posts to see why it isn't on Comcast
Contributor

It's because it isn't on Comcast. Comcast doesn't have a deal with epix to broadcast on XFINITY
Contributor

Comcast isn't gonna add epix for free. Comcast would have to pay epix to air it on XFINITY
Contributor

Comcast, DirecTV and Cablevision don’t offer Epix, which has about 10.3 million subscribers, largely because its movies are also available elsewhere. In addition to Netflix, since 2012 Epix also streamed on Amazon Prime Instant Video, and it recently became an option for Dish Network’s Sling TV.

Pay TV providers also increasingly see Netflix as a threat: The $7.99 a month service emboldens cable subscribers to cut the cord — and it vigorously opposed Comcast’s aborted effort to buy Time Warner Cable.

You might think that Hulu would present the same non-exclusivity problem for pay TV — but it doesn’t. It’s much smaller than Netflix. And it’s co-owned by Fox, Disney, and Comcast. That should “lead to a greater possibility that Comcast will add” Epix to its line up of premium channels, Stifel’s Benjamin Mogil says.

If Comcast doesn’t, then Epix may end up collecting less for its streaming rights.

Netflix is believed to have paid Epix $120 million a year for the right to stream its films including Hunger Games: Catching Fire and World War Z beginning 90 days after they first appear on the cable channel. Considering that Hulu has about 14 million subscribers, vs. about 42 million for Netflix in the U.S. “we do not believe that the Hulu license fee is anywhere near ” what Netflix paid, Mogil says.
Most Valued Poster

I have been able to see all the movies mentioned in this thread on  Comcast BUT there are series' on EPIX that look really good and the newest is coming this month with Sela Ward and Nick Nolte called GRAVES. I saw Sela on The View today and the show is so different and looks so good and  thought for sure we had EPIX and was disappointed. I don't want to give up any premium I have now but what about The Movie Channel? We used to have it and then it was not available anymore in our top tier triple play but its still on the guide. Appears that its not that popular any longer so why not negoiate for such as EPIX to replace it.  I don't want to pay for HULU/NETFLIX or other services when I pay $200 for Xfinity .

Contributor

I understand how you feel. I wanna see the Sela Ward show Graves too. But SHOWTIME owns The Movie Channel like HBO owns MAX.

Epix has an app, and if you are willing to pay for their subscription fee that you can beam it to your tv via Apple TV or Chromcast.

What we all should do is start a petition to send to Epix and XFINITY stating we want Epix on XFINITY with no rate increase.
Contributor

I understand how you feel. I wanna see the Sela Ward show Graves too. But SHOWTIME owns The Movie Channel like HBO own MAX.

Epix has an app, and if you are willing to pay for do is start a petition to send to Epix and XFINITY stating we want Epix on XFINITY with no rate increase.
Most Valued Poster

GypsyJoey wrote:
I understand how you feel. I wanna see the Sela Ward show Graves too. But SHOWTIME owns The Movie Channel like HBO owns MAX.

Epix has an app, and if you are willing to pay for their subscription fee that you can beam it to your tv via Apple TV or Chromcast.

What we all should do is start a petition to send to Epix and XFINITY stating we want Epix on XFINITY with no rate increase.

I almost forgot about the SHOWTIME/ TMC marriage. They took TMC away from us without warning. Didn't really care though. I would give up Showtime to get EPIX.  We watch HBO the most and then Starz.  Not in the market to spend another dime to watch anything....app/stream or any other method. $200 is enough! At least  Comcast isn't like one satellitle service that is plucking local programming off one channel at a time.  You could not pay me to have a dish.

Contributor

Agreed!
Problem Solver

Hi Betsy-SF-CA,

If you click on this link   http://www.epix.com/freetrial     then click on "activate devices" in the top right corner a list of supported streaming devices appear at the bottom of the page.

Chromecast is a supported streaming device. For more information on how Chromecast works, check out this Youtube video.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdRWQ7kq67Y

See image below for a Epix screenshot after clicking on "activate devices".

Problem Solver

I found this little beauty from the EPIX FAQ page :

"How do I subscribe to EPIX?
The only way to subscribe to EPIX is from a television provider that offers EPIX. EPIX does not offer stand-alone subscriptions."

Bottom line as Comcast customers we can't subscribe to EPIX online.

New Poster

I'll trade you several cooking or Spanish channels.. that I am forced to pay for.. ,for epix !!!

New Poster

Epix

Is Epix channel available - Keep seeing ads for new program on Epix

Most Valued Poster

fastfinger wrote:

I'll trade you several cooking or Spanish channels.. that I am forced to pay for.. ,for epix !!!

I don't understand why we are forced to support/pay for channel layers that have absolutely no value to us as users. I realize Comcast provides a diverse layout for its diverse customer base and that is a good thing but we should be able to eliminate layers and get a price break and pick up value added channels.

New Poster

Epix channel

Please add on Epix channel. We want to watch Graves on October 16th.

New Poster

Re: Will Comcast Offer Epix

Berlin Station will be a blockbuster program. As a fan of spy dramas and a frequent visitor to Berlin, I'll be eagerly awaiting every episode. Given the huge number of German people across the country who who would probably like to see it, it makes sense for you to add Epix channel. I have never felt the need for a pay channel up to now, but I would pay any price for Epix. Please add it!!!!!!!