Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

worst company of all time

New Poster

worst company of all time

The lying and manipulation by comcast and its reps, that Ive experienced in 3 months, reads like a novel. I signed up for an internet package with HBO and some basic channels. I could not access HBO, and called repeatedly. You need a box from comcast, to be able to utilize the HBO app, which eventually was relayed to me and was the issue. As I never received a box. I Called to cancel my service in the 30 day window, while it was still an option. Got passed around and ended up not cancelling with the assurance they would get me situated. Shortly thereafter I received a text with a link from Comcast with an offer. Internet only ($30) with a speed increase to blast ($10), minus $5 for eco autopay. I was great with this deal, as I was over the tv debacle and only took the bundle because it was nearly the same cost as internet by itself. I had to go to a confirmation page link detailing my switch to this plan, which I accepted. For 1 month, my bill was mostly right and my service was fine. However, on my bill was a broadcast fee, which is a tv fee, and I had no tv. So I, now regrettably, texted and then called to have the $4/mo. fee removed. The rep. would only credit the fee for that month, but advised a ticket would be turned in and I would be called. The month passed without a call, so I checked my next bill... which was for $65 and was my original plan with tv back on and bill indicated that I cancelled the package I just got and signed up for this new much worse package. I called numerous times and spoke to at least 4 agents, all who passed me off to the next advising they had no authority to put me back in the other plan because that promotion was over. Allegedly, 2 tickets were made for me to be called by someone with the authority to fix my plan and bill. No calls. I was then backcharged an additional $30, for the previous months tv, that I never had. I started an FCC complaint and have not het been contacted. I called again to either speak directly with someone who could fix the plan and bill or cancel (as comcast breached contract with me paying multiple months for tv that I never had access to and still had no access to). I supposedly got passed up the chain 2x, speaking with 3 people. However, 3rd person had no more authority than first. Nobody cared to fix my problem or let me speak to someone who could fix my problem (an email to supv. to call me back was supposedly sent). I advised I wasnt being fooled again (2x already with call-back trick) and I wanted to speak to them that day or cancel until they called to sort out (wrong move). I did get a $30 credit for last overcharge. It was discussed I would not incur a cancellation fee, which I did. The next day when I saw the fee, I new it wouldnt go away, as it is comcast. So I called back and was retained in the cheapest internet only plan until my initial problem was fixed. Being fully assured repeatedly that my cancellation fee of $110 was cancelled and I paid my $20 prorated balance after the fact. Amazingly, 3 days later I still have $110 cancellation fee, so I again called. I was assured that fee would be removed in 48-72 hours when bill updates. I checked bill right after and now have an additional $100 equipment fee. I have zero and have had zero equipment from comcast the entire 3 months. This was my initial complaint with the tv, and we are full circle. I have been overcharged and upcharged no less than 5 times in 3 months and that doesnt evem address the other screw ups by comcast. Please either put me back in the 35-40$ interner only plan with blast speed or leave me in my current plan and stop overcharging me. And then credit my $110 cancellation fee as I am somehow stuck being your customer. Waive my $100 equipment fee, as I have never received any comcast equipment to return. And you should be crediting me $ from 1st bill and $20 prorate, for the tv access I never had... but I will happily eat that cost if I dont have any more dealings with you this year and dont have to make my FCC complaont formal.
Official Employee

Re: worst company of all time

Hi niro4, 

Sorry for the experience you've had. I'd like to help review your account to see how we can make this right. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation