Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

waiting for multiple calls back ... need credit on account due to fraud that was never handled

New Poster

waiting for multiple calls back ... need credit on account due to fraud that was never handled

Our account was hacked. A mobile account was opened under my account information & 3 Apple Iphones were purchased. The lack of security on the Xfinity site allowed someone to create an Mobile account in my name (which I have NEVER had), change my password to my residential account and also the answers to my security questions. I reported the 3 phones that were purchased. I was told the 1) delivery wouldn't happen, then that 2) the delivery would be returned, then 3) that the phone would be blacklisted, then 4) that the phones would be shut down. NONE of these things happened. I had to make approximately 20 calls to Xfinity to continually report all these issues. I was bounced between dept to dept from Fraud to Billing to Residental accounts to Mobile. I am waiting for approximately 4 phone calls back from different supervisors who claim they are always too busy to deal with me. I am fed up with the lack of service, sympathy, assistance from Xfinity. I have asked for some type of monetary compensation on my account and get nothing but the run-around. No one will help me.  This is been happening for over 2 months!  I am CANCELLING XFINITY. I will tell everyone I know to LEAVE THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY. I understand things happen. But the way your company handled it is PATHETIC to say the least.I am waiting for someone to issue some sort of credit on my account. 

Cable Expert

Re: waiting for multiple calls back ... need credit on account due to fraud that was never handled

In the unfortunate event that your identity has been stolen and/or fraudulently used to acquire Comcast services, or in some other way been utilized on a Comcast account, use the information to initiate a claim process. 

Here’s what you can expect:

• You will need to provide information about yourself and information you have regarding your claim.
  • You will need to send us any documents that support your claim.
  • Comcast will review the information and documents that you provided and will investigate the claim.
  • Comcast will contact you when we receive your information and documents and as needed throughout the process. Please be advised that the entire process, start to finish, may take up to 30 days.

If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft and need to submit a claim to Comcast here is how to get started:

1. Complete the Identity Theft Victim’s Complaint and Affidavit Form

• Click here to access the fraud/identity theft affidavit from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website.

• For instructions on completing the form click here.

2. The completed affidavit must be notarized and submitted to Comcast (not the FTC), along with the following documentation:

• A copy of the filed police report for the fraud/identity theft claim.
    • Proof of residency during the time the Comcast services were under your name. You can submit lease agreements, utility bills, or mortgage statement with your name.
    • A copy of your valid government-issued photo identification card. You can submit a copy of your driver’s license, state-issued ID card or your passport.

The paperwork may be mailed or faxed to Comcast at:

Mail: 
    Comcast
    Customer Security Assurance
    Attention Fraud Department
    101 Woodcrest Rd, Suite 141
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
    844-335-8719

Fax:
    Comcast Customer Security Assurance
    Attention Fraud Department
    866-308-1542

3. A Comcast representative will contact you within 3 business days of our receipt of the requested documentation.

4. While Comcast is investigating your claim, we will suspend our collection activity on the suspect account and request that any consumer credit bureau the suspect account has been reported to will be notified that the account is under investigation for identity theft. If Comcast concludes that the suspect account was the result of identity theft, Comcast will request the removal of the suspect account by the consumer credit bureaus from your consumer credit report.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Cable Expert

Re: waiting for multiple calls back ... need credit on account due to fraud that was never handled

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

jenk729, thanks for posting. Nerdburg posted some great info on fraud disputes with XFINTY Mobile. Please reach out to the CSA team if you haven't already. 

I can check to see if there is a ticket on your account with XFINITY Mobile fraud and any subsequent tickets for some type of compensation. Was the issue resolved already? As a company, we do not offer credits until the problem is resolved. 

Please send me a private message with your full name, phone number associated with your residential services, and your address so I can take a look. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation